You Are My Spring is said to be a healing  romance but I couldn’t finish Bubblegum either :ph34r: Has anyone watched it till the end???  Hope this one is good. I believe in Hyunjin’s taste in dramas and we’ll get to see her earlier than we expected :rickroll:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/241/0003052758

there’s nothing about the male lead yet but probably won’t be long since the genre is romance. Anyone in mind!?? 

• Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Seo Hyun Jin In Talks For New Drama By Co-Director Of “The King: Eternal Monarch”

Seo Hyun Jin In Talks For New Drama By Co-Director Of “The King: Eternal Monarch”

Sep 14, 2020

Seo Hyun Jin may be returning with a new drama called “You Are My Spring” (literal title)!

On September 14, Ilgan Sports cited a drama industry source who stated, “Seo Hyun Jin will play the main character Kang Da Jung of the drama ‘You Are My Spring.'”

A source from Seo Hyun Jin’s agency Management SOOP clarified, “Seo Hyun Jin has received an offer for ‘You Are My Spring’ and is positively reviewing it.”

“You Are My Spring” is about three characters who each live on with their seven-year-old selves in their hearts. All of the characters are held back by the keyword “salvation,” and the story begins there. The drama aims to be a “healing” romance story of seven-year-olds hiding behind adult facades.

The character Kang Da Jung is a hotel concierge manager who takes after her father’s brains and her mother’s resourcefulness. She has never attended a private cram school like her peers, but she enters and finishes college with scholarships. She then goes on to find a job at a five-star hotel and rises up to the manager position faster than any of her fellow employees who were hired at the same time as her. Her problem is that she also takes after her mother’s poor choice in men and dates men who are terrible like her father.

Writer Lee Mi Na of “Bubblegum” and producing director (PD) Jung Ji Hyun of “Mr. Sunshine,” “Search: WWW,” and “The King: Eternal Monarch” will be working on the drama. It is slated to air in the first half of 2021, and the broadcasting channel has not been decided yet.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1425343wpp/seo-hyun-jin-in-talks-for-new-drama-by-co-director-of-the-king-eternal-monarch

Welcome back our 2 'allies' @shjfan23 and @LifesLikeThat:waves:

@SweetLullaby Since they are three protagonist, I want to be selfish hope that HJ is the only female lead and the others are ML.

Yes I have in mind one of them is Hyun Bin, if not some charming, handsome awesome actors! :dorashakes:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

43 minutes ago, hola2jin said:

Her problem is that she also takes after her mother’s poor choice in men and dates men who are terrible like her father.

:smashes: ottoke?! 

Our queen's .. ops i mean her character's Oppa(s) not the sweet innocent (cuties) type ... :(

20200913_152500.gif

*whisper* So anyone following the Record of Youth(ful looking ML)?:w00t:

Ok ok... back to our queen's drama ML... I ...I ....cant really think now... otto...keeee~~

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, hola2jin said:

Her problem is that she also takes after her mother’s poor choice in men and dates men who are terrible like her father.

Okay maybe we’ll have passing leads rather than an actual male lead??? I am not sure lol I need more info :idk: 

The articles says she’s reviewing it still but when these kinda stuff get out the leads usually accept. https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/469/0000535347

Yes I have in mind one of them is Hyun Bin, if not some charming, handsome awesome actors! 

Ohhh I like him too but I feel like the male lead won’t be as under the spotlight so don’t think it’s gonna be a big name. Hope I’m wrong :cheers:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

While i am super excited to finally read some news it is still such a long wait. And the synopsis doesnt sound that great tbh. Has anyone watched the drama Bubblegum?

And i guess we can finally conclude that The Allies is completely lost in the production limbo? It sounds a little like she has moved on.

I am not even sure if i would want them to release it at this point some 2 years late. It is bound to be a mess. I just feel so bad for all the lost time and momentum. It must have prevented a lot of other potential projects.

• Like 5

Hi everyone, it's been a long time since I posted anything here. I saw the good news in IG. I thought she wouldn't take up any project until the pandemic is over as we've seen before, she is quite prone to having cold/flu during work. This year, I'm not in my best form of health hence my lack of participation online.

On the storyline or character, not sure how I should expect a 7 year old in heart trap in an adult. It also says made a wrong choice of men like her father but her father is smart.

I should expect the male lead is not a big name but would like to see a promising actor like the male lead in Into the Ring drama or the male lead in Hi Bye Mama drama.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, supergal99 said:

Our queen's .. ops i mean her character's Oppa(s) not the sweet innocent (cuties) type ... :(

So.. you're expecting a 'noona drama'? Have a glimpse of how it feels like? Watch this mash-up video of 'Black Dog' and 'A piece of your mind'(Jung Hae In).:D

3 hours ago, SweetLullaby said:

Ohhh I like him too but I feel like the male lead won’t be as under the spotlight so don’t think it’s gonna be a big name. Hope I’m wrong 

I agree! :bawling:

3 hours ago, Fabbo said:

While i am super excited to finally read some news it is still such a long wait. And the synopsis doesnt sound that great tbh. Has anyone watched the drama Bubblegum?

May be, apart from what was told from the synopsis, there're still some gist of the story more exciting or intriguing not fully reveal to us, hope so! No idea about Bubblegum.

@justright Hi! I do hope HJ stay healthy, and everbody please take care!

1 hour ago, Fabbo said:

Any info about the production studio and where it might be airing? That's an important indicator for the quality of the drama.

No further details yet.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, Fabbo said:

I watched a few episodes but didn’t like it I don’t even remember what it was about :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Fabbo said:

Any info about the production studio and where it might be airing? That's an important indicator for the quality of the drama.

The PD alone is important indication I think. We have a good one :ilike:My bet is on TVN but we’ll see...

• Like 4

So.. you're expecting a 'noona drama'? Have a glimpse of how it feels like? Watch this mash-up video of 'Black Dog' and 'A piece of your mind'(Jung Hae In)

Ooiyooo @hola2jin  no lah... i don expect another Noona romance like TOL.  I'm juz 'worried' about her character's wrong choices of oppas haha~~ ok anyway tks for the vid - they look quite compatible ya? Afterall the age gap is only 3 yrs heeeee... (this cutie is super gd kisser leh:P)

4 hours ago, justright said:

Hi everyone, it's been a long time since I posted anything here. I saw the good news in IG. I thought she wouldn't take up any project until the pandemic is over as we've seen before, she is quite prone to having cold/flu during work. This year, I'm not in my best form of health hence my lack of participation online.

4egdik.gif @justright Good to hear from u again! Oh wait... cha-ka-man! Let me go to the TOL thread n copy paste :

20200914_224503.jpg

Yeah u r right - our queen fell ill while filming Black Dog.  I hope when the filming starts for the new drama the weather will be comfortable for her plus the pandemic will be gone (cross fingers/toes/legs etc)

5 hours ago, SweetLullaby said:

Okay maybe we’ll have passing leads rather than an actual male lead??? I am not sure lol I need more info 

O..kayyyy.. back to male leads / casts ... pardon me - cant help it but imagine a long looooooooooooooong queue now...heeee...

Ahhh... your oppa said so...heee

20200914_225744.gif

*whisper* ok now I can think a little bit clearly >>>> I hope for the male lead to be a familiar face (though not necessary a very popular one)  - for practical reason -- ratings !! I mean itz afterall a Healing Romance theme. 

Oh btw that part that mention 'seven-year-olds hiding behind adult facades' -  I feel like the plot has something to do with childhood trauma. Yahh u know the typical kdrama tropes....ops...

So 99% chance that our queen's character meets a guy who is 'charming handsome awesome and promising' and then gets healed by his love n support...and then >>>> yazz happy ending! Mmm...yeap thatz why the title = You are my Spring. 

:approves:ok gotta go zzzz :grimace:

• Like 3

On 9/14/2020 at 4:49 PM, supergal99 said:

*whisper* So anyone following the Record of Youth(ful looking ML)?

Spoiler

The drama thread is really hot, I couldn't keep up the pace reading comments, so occasionally browse through just look at pictures or gifs.

As for the drama, I've watched ep. 1 only. My main focus is on Hyun Jin, so I shall wait until she appears, and watch her part only.:D

On 9/14/2020 at 10:24 PM, SweetLullaby said:

The PD alone is important indication I think. We have a good one My bet is on TVN but we’ll see...

Jjang! Most people voted tvN!

On 9/14/2020 at 11:52 PM, supergal99 said:

Oh btw that part that mention 'seven-year-olds hiding behind adult facades' -  I feel like the plot has something to do with childhood trauma. Yahh u know the typical kdrama tropes....ops...

Actually I don't understand what's the meaning 'seven-year-olds hiding behind adult facades'? :emmm:And why a smart woman like Kang Da Jung can have poor choice who dates terrible men? :( I will find out next year! :D

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 9/16/2020 at 12:52 PM, hola2jin said:

As for the drama, I've watched ep. 1 only. My main focus is on Hyun Jin, so I shall wait until she appears, and watch her part only.:D

Oh ya Park SeoJoon's agency has announced that he is the next cameo... ahhh... hope to see Soop's announcement real soon...heee

On 9/14/2020 at 10:24 PM, SweetLullaby said:

The PD alone is important indication I think. We have a good one My bet is on TVN but we’ll see...

Jjang! Most people voted tvN

And i juz noticed  all the dramas mentioned in the article are tvN dramas hahaa -- including the 'Bubblegum'.

Actually I don't understand what's the meaning 'seven-year-olds hiding behind adult facades'? :emmm:And why a smart woman like Kang Da Jung can have poor choice who dates terrible men? :( I will find out next year! :D

Ooiyoooo.. hola2jin  *whisper* i wanted to get our cute teacher Sky to explain to u but but but u want to wait untill next year to find out ??  ... ok class dismiss! Hahaaa~~~

20200917_104000.gif

Btw juz share with u la - I saw one chinese article translating it as 'the 3 characters are stuck at their 7 yrs old and salvation is the keyword' - here's the link https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.koreastardaily.com/tc/amp/130058

Oh and as for your this qn :"And why a smart woman like Kang Da Jung can have poor choice who dates terrible men?"

:sweatingbullets: erhmmm... sadly ... this does happen in RL ! Love is blind...*sigh*... ops! i m not talking myself ah... :grimace:

Meanwhile waiting for the reveal of 'The mysterious Oppa(s): heh~~

downloadd0ebdcf45058016a.gif

Gif from https://celebmagazine.tistory.com/m/entry/아이돌에서-대체불가-로코퀸이-된-서현진

Psst... anyway I still like your answer - "wait till next year to find out!" hahaha~~

Fuhc6D7.gif&key=af7d4d6599ea4c7a26a61df8

Gif from page 352 :)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, supergal99 said:

Meanwhile waiting for the reveal of 'The mysterious Oppa(s): heh~~

I’ve been looking for some oops news but got none still.. Im really curious about it this time for some reason :Pandabulous:

6 hours ago, supergal99 said:

Oh ya Park SeoJoon's agency has announced that he is the next cameo... ahhh... hope to see Soop's announcement real soon...heee

So they didn’t do it together??? I thought they did it together :ph34r:

• LOL 2

@SweetLullaby i think everyone is super curious who will be the male lead(s). For me too erhmmm... mmmm... especially in <Black Dog> there were subtle hints on HaJoon's character carrying a torch for Teacher Sky and even till the finale. I get it that the focus is on 'teaching' but so 'cruel' to give me false hopes hahaha ...oh actually I  find that our queen has good chemistry with the other male actor acting as the Bio teacher.:hwaiting2:

Btw that chinese article i shared earlier - actually included in its title --  "who do u wish to see as Seo HyunJin's co-star?".  :w00t:

And Oh this new drama supposed to have 3 main characters ? Hopefully no love triangle heeee...4fdtlz.gif

4fdtwx.gifOps...

14 hours ago, SweetLullaby said:

So they didn’t do it together??? I thought they did it together :ph34r:

So before the drama premiered they announced the 4 cameos - now 3 of them already appeared hahaa... now our queen is the only one yet to make her appearance:sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, inspiredbyshj said:

BUT STILL cross toes haha

Talking about toes...:lol: me trying hard to imagine this scenario:

Extract from Yoo Yeon Seok fans blog https://www.google.com/amp/s/yeoniverse.wordpress.com/2017/02/20/__trashed/amp/

Q. You acting cute, did Seo Hyun Jin accept it well? (Laughs)
A. It made her toes curl. But I did not intentionally act cute, it was more out of unconsciousness because I was set to be a younger person. We joke around a lot too.

4 hours ago, inspiredbyshj said:

Btw, suddenly thought about what could be her hairstyle in this drama(?) hmmmmm

I hope it wont be short bob length again hahaha

This length looks great to me:

VacantWhisperedAfricanharrierhawk-size_r

Flashback time - i miss seeing her fanmeet sessions! Ottoke-ohhh~~:foryou:

• Love 2

On 9/17/2020 at 2:29 PM, supergal99 said:

Ooiyoooo.. hola2jin  *whisper* i wanted to get our cute teacher Sky to explain to u but but but u want to wait untill next year to find out ??  ... ok class dismiss! Hahaaa~~~

Haha..next year is just two and half months away! Thank you for the link and took time answering my question on behalf of teacher Sky! So the 3 characters could be childhood friends? I just noticed that the 'Bubblegum' is a drama about childhood friends turned lovers! :o

On 9/17/2020 at 8:43 PM, SweetLullaby said:

I’ve been looking for some oops news but got none still.. Im really curious about it this time for some reason

Thanks for scouting the oppa for us! :Megathanks:Fingers crossed that we'll have someone probably not a big name, but charming, handsome, awesome, promising, and familiar face as ML! I shall daydream the big name reserved for cameo! :sleeping:

6 hours ago, inspiredbyshj said:

Btw, suddenly thought about what could be her hairstyle in this drama(?) hmmmmm

I thought of that too! Inspired by the three gifs of HJ posted by supergal99 previously, I've started to think will she have bob haircut or long hair like HSG or bun up hairstyle? Personally I really...really...like her with long hair.

Came across this SBS morning wide ent. news: "Hope to see the star releases an album." - Seo Hyun Jin

I hope she'll sing for 'You are my spring' ost!! :)

• LOL 1

you never fail with gifs/edits @supergal99 *slow claps*

That’s her hair length up to date, am I right? I’m guessing from HB’s recent ig post. 

*curling toes —haha so i must say, we have the same talent! 

@hola2jin i so love your adjectives! :love: But really Jung Hae In is the only one for me who fits that promising word. Haha 

uhh looking forward to him. I hope their chemistry will work very well. My curiosity just hit 1000% haha (After the Black Dog, it’s exciting to see HJ having another love is in the air drama) ~~ugh did she accept it already or still reviewing it(?) :sweat_smile:

*high 5 on that same thought! 

^i love the mid-length too and i was hoping for a bun up, but my gut feeling says a straight long one. 
well i don’t trust my guts that much. 

:crazymad:

I’m dying to hear her singing voice again so I am also up to this wish and holding to that hope. OST will be enough... phluuueease! 
cross toes! HAHA

————————-

Meanwhile, saw this on twitter from kdramaheroines

https://twitter.com/kdramaheroines/status/1306562689586491392/video/1

*curling toes is now my favorite. It must be an ingredient too

• LOL 2

On 9/19/2020 at 5:53 PM, supergal99 said:

Flashback time - i miss seeing her fanmeet sessions! Ottoke-ohhh~~

I miss her 'heyday period' too..fanmeet sessions, CFs, photoshoots and interviews.. 

Spoiler

She got nothing! Nothing....Nothing this year!!! :(

22 hours ago, inspiredbyshj said:

@hola2jin i so love your adjectives!

Haha.. those adjectives sum up our expectation for the mysterious oppa! :D

22 hours ago, inspiredbyshj said:

~~ugh did she accept it already or still reviewing it(?)

Oops! No official confirmation yet. Sorry.. I'm too hyped up for the offer and talked like she has accepted already! Ok.. lets wait patiently.

Yes! Hope it'll be a hot topic!

• Like 1
  • Love 1