Kim Nam Gil 김남길 ~ An Actors' Actor ~ Upcoming Films : 'The Guardian' | 'Emergency Declaration'

Admin

3 hours ago, qwwwerty said:

Materialism equates life satisfaction, but it's actually making us more unhappy. At the same time, we are addicted to the things that make us happy. We tell ourselves that we crave for connection but we don't necessarily make the first move. We are overly judgmental; we are less kinder to people who are not similar to us. We are both richer and sadder than our grandparents. Life this century seems more ironic somehow.  Sigh.

Definitely, though by the generation life relatively gets easier, fast paced , more comfortable and smaller since everything is now mostly a touch away and there is no better time to be living than the present but it has come so with a cost, we also have become unhappier with growing time because the definition of happiness like you mentioned has changed drastically too, we equate it to things which do not have any real value and in the process have become hollow individuals! I won't lie forming a real connection is kind of scary in today's world because its so rare to come by, I don't see people putting an effort to make things work, its like they don't acknowledge the concept at all? You know just move on to the next best thing in town.Any kind of relationship needs work to make it last for a long time, granted that there are cases where there is no work needed at all and its all very easy until the end but those are the rare and lucky ones, this is coming from a person who lives a normal life like the majority of the population so I can just imagine what it would be like to have the public eye on you, it must be that much more harder since their whole life in a way is for the public to consume sadly!

My romantic life is only contained within books and movies:P

• Insightful 1

10 hours ago, DrBooger said:

He he I don't think its shallow, you are speaking facts! We are talking about fully grown men who are in their 40s add to that succesful, rich and some of the best looking men, an average joes options pales in comparison to the ones they have before them to choose from, the nature of their job and just the industry they are part off gives them that exposure to meet some of the most gorgeous women on an every day basis, they must be many throwing themselves at them too (goes both ways) I am pretty sure they are clapping some a... on the side(because if some of them aren't, they are SAINTS for sure):yum: so I guess that way appetite's are met? Hence they are not in a real hurry to fully settle down? But I totally get what you are saying,trying to find an emotional connection is something very human its what we seek for while forming a relationship! I am of the view that its the latter, it is hard to be able to find all those qualities while being a public figure and worse if the other party isn't one it makes it 100X more harder since there is always an issue with trust, jealousy, doubt,insecurity etc which tend to creep in as their job needs them to be out on the road frequently and I think thats why KNG gave a reality check to his fans to remove those rose tinted glasses and see for what it really is, its a lonely job and for a non celeb partner to put up with it while being a considerate companion must be really exhausting, kudos to the ones who are doing it though they must really love them alot and I think thats the reason most of them tie the knot with someone from the industry? They not only share similar jobs but possibly similar interests and they have that level of understanding which means better communication since they are both aware of the demands which come with the job!

I think actors marry other people in the industry just because those are the people they interact with every day.  How do regular people meet their lovers?  Either at work, or through a hobby or through mutual friends.  Actors are certainly the same. That's where their world is.

I think also if they are marrying another actor, they know that the person probably really loves them and isn't just starstruck by them.  

And I am sure that none of those older guys are celibate - despite the relative prudishness of Korean society!  But there are a few that I think that want a deeper connection with the women they sleep with.  I don't think they are into casual hookups - and I think they could easily get their hearts broken.  I think KNG is one of those - everything about him screams that he throws heart and soul into everything he does (Whew! Be still my heart! :relaxed:).  I think GY is another like that - but he's far more reserved and hard to read.  

3 hours ago, DrBooger said:

Definitely, though by the generation life relatively gets easier, fast paced , more comfortable and smaller since everything is now mostly a touch away and there is no better time to be living than the present but it has come so with a cost, we also have become unhappier with growing time because the definition of happiness like you mentioned has changed drastically too, we equate it to things which do not have any real value and in the process have become hollow individuals! I won't lie forming a real connection is kind of scary in today's world because its so rare to come by, I don't see people putting an effort to make things work, its like they don't acknowledge the concept at all? You know just move on to the next best thing in town.Any kind of relationship needs work to make it last for a long time, granted that there are cases where there is no work needed at all and its all very easy until the end but those are the rare and lucky ones, this is coming from a person who lives a normal life like the majority of the population so I can just imagine what it would be like to have the public eye on you, it must be that much more harder since their whole life in a way is for the public to consume sadly!

My romantic life is only contained within books and movies:P

You should look into an app called "Slowly".  It's a penpal app.  I have met some amazing people on it. It's a bit different because it emphasizes letter writing, so you have much deeper conversations.  

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Robbin Koenig said:

Actors are certainly the same. That's where their world is.

I think also if they are marrying another actor, they know that the person probably really loves them and isn't just starstruck by them.  

That should most probably be the case!

And I am sure that none of those older guys are celibate - despite the relative prudishness of Korean society!  But there are a few that I think that want a deeper connection with the women they sleep with.  I don't think they are into casual hookups - and I think they could easily get their hearts broken.  I think KNG is one of those - everything about him screams that he throws heart and soul into everything he does (Whew! Be still my heart! :relaxed:).  I think GY is another like that - but he's far more reserved and hard to read. 

He he, he definitely does come across as a person who puts his mind,heart and soul once he sets out to take up something, whether its project related work,philanthropy work or even when it comes to taking care of the people he values, he went on a variety show after a long a** time to promote his artist who is signed under his label by acting as her manager for a day and he took care of her needs throughout the time and was such a hands on one day manager( such a lucky girl:bawling:), for someone of his status using his influence to promote his artist in such a way is quite unheard of and the recent tribute towards his TTD cast and crew too speaks for itself(he has raised the bar way too high) his co star also added in an interview that he is a sensitive soul, I also believe that he is one of the few men left who enter into a relationship in search of a deeper connection, the industry I have heard is an "animal kingdom" hence i have this impression that they all be wildin' lol

GY is indeed a hard man to read, he is very open minded though, I like that about him!

You should look into an app called "Slowly".  It's a penpal app.  I have met some amazing people on it. It's a bit different because it emphasizes letter writing, so you have much deeper conversations.  

Oh thank you so much , I will surely check this app out :)

• Love 1

12 hours ago, DrBooger said:

I don't see people putting an effort to make things work, its like they don't acknowledge the concept at all? You know just move on to the next best thing in town.Any kind of relationship needs work to make it last for a long time, granted that there are cases where there is no work needed at all and its all very easy

Yes, you are right. Some people don't put any 'effort' at all, as if others should understand them only! Not vice versa. This includes friendships, not just relationships.  

8 hours ago, Robbin Koenig said:

I think KNG is one of those - everything about him screams that he throws heart and soul into everything he does

7 hours ago, DrBooger said:

his co star also added in an interview that he is a sensitive soul

He looks like a wounded puppy sometimes! He's somebody whose facial expressions can tell you what he's feeling exactly at that point in time.

The other day I happened to watch this clip. He's like a kid with his cheeks puffed and lips pouted slightly, lols. I don't recall him doing that - that randomly... in any other stage greeting. (Not that I've watched every stage greeting of his. No, I'm not that obsessed with him :))

• LOL 2

2 hours ago, qwwwerty said:

The other day I happened to watch this clip. He's like a kid with his cheeks puffed and lips pouted slightly, lols. I don't recall him doing that - that randomly... in any other stage greeting. (Not that I've watched every stage greeting of his. No, I'm not that obsessed with him :))

Fun Fact, if you already aren't aware of it that is, pouting helps reduce the appearance of smile lines/laugh lines, I have seen quite a few senior celebs break out in pouts at random times and I thought was this some kind of a cultural thing? I came across a user saying that apparently there is a reason for doing this which is the aforementioned reason lol! 

• LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

On 3/25/2022 at 1:32 PM, DrBooger said:

Fun Fact, if you already aren't aware of it that is, pouting helps reduce the appearance of smile lines/laugh lines, I have seen quite a few senior celebs break out in pouts at random times and I thought was this some kind of a cultural thing? I came across a user saying that apparently there is a reason for doing this which is the aforementioned reason lol! 

Oh really?????! I didn't know about that :lol: I haven't actually seen any senior celebs that randomly pout, lols. Maybe it's a cultural thing as you mentioned. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Source:https://www.soompi.com/article/1521558wpp/58th-baeksang-arts-awards-announces-nominees-for-tv-and-film-categories

58th Baeksang Arts Awards Announces Nominees For TV And Film Categories

The 58th Baeksang Arts Awards announced its nominees for the television and film categories!

The candidates were chosen among dramas, shows, and films that aired or were released between April 12, 2021 and March 31, 2022. 60 industry experts, which is 20 more than last year, were surveyed ahead of the final nominations.

Check out the final candidates from this past year’s TV and film below:

Best Actor

• Love 1
  • Awesome 2

On 4/12/2022 at 8:19 AM, DrBooger said:

Source:https://www.soompi.com/article/1521558wpp/58th-baeksang-arts-awards-announces-nominees-for-tv-and-film-categories

The 58th Baeksang Arts Awards announced its nominees for the television and film categories!

The candidates were chosen among dramas, shows, and films that aired or were released between April 12, 2021 and March 31, 2022. 60 industry experts, which is 20 more than last year, were surveyed ahead of the final nominations.

Check out the final candidates from this past year’s TV and film below:

Best Actor

Ooof.  That's a tough lineup.

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am sooooooo disappointed.  

I just feel like KNG gets so close, so many times.  I felt like his performance was so amazing.

But my only consolation is that he lost to Junho.  He was flawless in The Red Sleeve Cuff.

Still, it hurts...

• Sad 1

Kim Nam Gil on the red carpet at Baeksang awards 2022.He was nominated for Best Actor category.

Kim Nam-gil, 'This is leisure' (Baeksang Arts Awards)

01.29878817.1.jpg

Actor Kim Nam-gil is posing at the '58th Baeksang Arts Awards' red carpet event held at KINTEX in Daehwa-dong, Goyang-si, Gyeonggi-do on the afternoon of the 6th. The Baeksang Arts Awards, the only comprehensive arts awards ceremony in Korea that encompasses TV, film and theater, will be held from 7:45 pm on May 6 at Kintex 1 Exhibition Hall 4 in Ilsan, Goyang, and can be seen live on JTBC, JTBC2, and JTBC4.

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202205068281H

Spoiler

Every nominated actor for each category deserves to be there. Unfortunetly, there is one winner.

I believe Kim Nam Gil will win Daesang at SBS Drama Awards this year but let see what other drama or performer will do better in the second half of the year.

• Love 2

4 hours ago, Robbin Koenig said:

I am sooooooo disappointed.  

I just feel like KNG gets so close, so many times.  I felt like his performance was so amazing.

But my only consolation is that he lost to Junho.  He was flawless in The Red Sleeve Cuff.

Still, it hurts...

Honestly its ridiculous that he didn't bag the best actor award :( his performance was phenomenal and he easily was the best from the lot, I wonder what the criteria is? At this point its frustrating!

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 3:06 PM, DrBooger said:

Honestly its ridiculous that he didn't bag the best actor award :( his performance was phenomenal and he easily was the best from the lot, I wonder what the criteria is? At this point its frustrating!

My heart just sank when I saw that he did not get it.  I thought his performance was so amazing.  

I think this is maybe where a 12-episode show puts an actor at a disadvantage.  Less time to develop the character and add depth.  

Obviously KNG was my first choice, but if it could not be him, I was glad it went to Junho.  He really was amazing in Red Sleeve Cuff.  HIs performance brought me to tears and left a catch in my heart several times and I cried through the entire final episode.  

He's still not Nam Gil, but it's a small consolation.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

11 hours ago, Robbin Koenig said:

My heart just sank when I saw that he did not get it.  I thought his performance was so amazing.  

I think this is maybe where a 12-episode show puts an actor at a disadvantage.  Less time to develop the character and add depth.  

Obviously KNG was my first choice, but if it could not be him, I was glad it went to Junho.  He really was amazing in Red Sleeve Cuff.  HIs performance brought me to tears and left a catch in my heart several times and I cried through the entire final episode.  

He's still not Nam Gil, but it's a small consolation.

We can only hope that the remaining award shows recognizes his acting prowess,it honestly would be so heartbreaking if he doesn't bag any award for his portrayal as SHY, I haven't come across such fine acting and characterization in a while let alone in k dramas! Hopefully we can count on SBS? I could never imagine myself being upset over "award ceremonies" since I am aware they aren't the fairest and is not the only yardstick of talent,but KNG has that effect on me, as someone who has been his fan for quite a long time its now become frustrating to see him being robbed time and again, i am genuinely confused why the acclaim he receives isnt converted into recognition? It would be nice to recieve a little something or an acknowledgement for the great work he has been doing:tears:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

On 5/10/2022 at 3:08 PM, DrBooger said:

We can only hope that the remaining award shows recognizes his acting prowess,it honestly would be so heartbreaking if he doesn't bag any award for his portrayal as SHY, I haven't come across such fine acting and characterization in a while let alone in k dramas! Hopefully we can count on SBS? I could never imagine myself being upset over "award ceremonies" since I am aware they aren't the fairest and is not the only yardstick of talent,but KNG has that effect on me, as someone who has been his fan for quite a long time its now become frustrating to see him being robbed time and again, i am genuinely confused why the acclaim he receives isnt converted into recognition? It would be nice to recieve a little something or an acknowledgement for the great work he has been doing:tears:

I get what you mean. Don't worry. He still has "Island" and "Song of the Bandits" you know. So he'll probably get nominated again for next year or two years :wink:

• Love 1

2 hours ago, qwwwerty said:

I get what you mean. Don't worry. He still has "Island" and "Song of the Bandits" you know. So he'll probably get nominated again for next year or two years :wink:

Hopefully these two dramas attain "mainstream popularity" since off lately this seems to be one of the main criteria!Island I think no doubt would be popular among international viewers since they dig such kind of content lol plus there is a certain k idol who is acting in the drama,hoping that the korean audience will eat up the concept in the same manner :P