Kim Nam Gil 김남길 ~ An Actors' Actor ~ Upcoming Films : 'The Guardian' | 'Emergency Declaration'

Admin

On 3/3/2022 at 1:51 PM, DrBooger said:

Yeah I agree, if you look at Chungmuro actors they really aren't active in the CF scene, they make a conscious decision to abstain from doing any CF's or do limited one's, since they want to be known for their craft which they take it very seriously, props to them for showing such discipline since its easy to be swayed by money! This was further confirmed by KNG himself when asked why he doesn't take up cf's  "Because an actor doesn't exist to film commercials, to film an advertisement you have to play a sweet kind of role, but my style is doing just what I like, I will try to do what you want while doing what I like"(literal translation) his mind ughh.. his take on things are so refreshing which makes him more charming! Yeah he is pretty ambitious, he bloomed quite late as per acting standards, he only got his big break when he was 29-30 after years of working in the industry, so his hunger for doing as many good projects as possible is understandable and a good thing if you ask me, that drive is what an keeps an actor inspired to take up more projects and show more sides to them, I think its easy for actors to lose that inspiration when they hit big!

I actually have quite enjoyed his filmography than most of the others have :P Agreed I would say the two films you mentioned have more of an "artistic value" than others, I have enjoyed his role in Pandora, Memories of a murderer, and One day! Regardless of the movie his performance's have always been good and he has progressively only got better with each project which is a treat to watch.

Korean Cinema I agree still has a long way to go, as you mentioned it can be too violent and grotesque even, I actually watch more Asian movies than western ones (especially old Hong Kong movies and Japanese) having said that there are quite a few good Korean movie's I have enjoyed watching and hopefully since the worlds attention has shifted to korean industry and actors we can see more diversity,representation and collaborations! I wholeheartedly agree JDY is one of the greatest actors of our time, she isn't called the Cannes queen for nothing, her performance in The Housemaid alone deserves all the highest acting awards there is, Korea is lucky to have her she has enriched the Korean industry with her superior works, I wonder if we will ever get another actor of her level seeing the current lot of actors! KNG's journey has been nothing short of amazing, during his debut years he was a little wet behind his ears, he not only got progressively better but did so by starring in projects that challenged him as an actor to do better, even if the genres were similar he made it a point to differentiate his current role from his previous ones giving attention to the minutest of details, I love his eye acting and I think he is one of the best actors presently in Korea who can act with his eye's, I know this is a bold claim however seeing his restrained acting in his current drama TTD has led me to believe so. He definitely has the potential to be one and that is why I wonder what is it that acclaimed director's aren't seeing in him that we are? He is an actor who doesn't care about image,is a complete directors actor, he isn't afraid to show his raw and rustic side,he would do so well, I can totally envision him in a Lee Chang Dong film, hopefully they take notice of him if they haven't already :( I am excited for his upcoming film Emergency Declaration, to see him and JDY share a screen for the second time but I guess this time around they do not have any/much scenes together (which is a shame)

Speaking of JDY and KNG, KNG is a total fanboy of JDY, the man couldn't control his inner fanboy instincts when he was around her, he knows a queen when he sees one (another reason to love him), he would go  from excitement to panic mode real quick around her, he clearly respects her alot and its really nice to see a cute frantic fanboy KNG <3 I think thats why The Shameless is a film he holds close to his heart, since he was able to act opposite an actor he really admires and he made it known to everyone that he would love to work with her again! Its funny how KNG wasn't the first choice and only because a certain actor who was the first choice couldn't shoot due to an injury this role was passed onto KNG, I can't picture anyone else doing justice to the character Jung Jae Gon!

KNG has directed a short film called Hello Mom for Samsung Galaxy s4 back in 2013, if your interested the details are below, he has always been interested in behind the scene's, his co stars have mentioned how he would even come on days to monitor the actors on a movie/drama set even when he didn't need to come on such days (one of the actors told it in an irritated tone lol) I hope he does explore that route, would be like adding another feather on his cap!

http://mybidam.blogspot.com/2014/01/kim-nam-gil-as-director-of-hello-mom.html?m=1

Yeah his personality is really endearing, he can be both serious and childlike, I think he has a good balance of both which I find very refreshing, such a unique personality! He definitely is someone who holds deep thoughts, I was actually pleasantly surprised that the man is a deep person, he is like an onion there is so many layers to him and I think thats what makes him interesting! Have you come across his poems? They are a heavy read :( hehe..his tendency to like older women he described because "they have the power to turn hopelessness into hope" lol!

I actually have come across a translated version of the interview, however I haven't read the whole interview so thank you so much for providing me the link <3 his thoughts on romance and love, WOW!!! These are times I wish I knew the language because the nuance's are lost in translation!          Haha on the subject of love which reminds me of an interview where the interviewer asked KNG if his priority is still acting over love, the look JDY gave KNG had me rolling on the floor! JDY Ma'am do you know something we don't? If yes please spill:bawling: (that reaction is at 25:37)

HAHAHA. Same. Yes, Lee Jung Jae was the original actor, but KNG (although he still looked somewhat boyish at the time) suits better as Jung Jae Gon - both physically and 'mannerisms' (??? ).  Did you know that he actually confessed to the press that  he "fell" for JDY the first time when he saw her in person ??????????

I was like, BOY! ARE YOU REALLY THIS HONEST?! LMAOS.  JINJJJJJA?! 

Interview link: http://www.zenithnews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=6692

THIS MAN REALLY HAD QUITE A BIT OF QUESTIONABLE QUOTES ON JDY, LMAOS.

Edited: He mentioned he had 'after effects of JDY'.  I know he's honest, but IS HE REALLY THAT HONEST?  

HAHAH. I really don't think any young women can easily handle his "duality". Only older and wise women can handle his craziness. Perhaps it's true that he prefers acting to dating (but of course if he finds the right person, he probably would change his mind). LOLS.

Oooo... I haven't really come across his poems. I only read some short ones on gilstory NGO. 

Also, thanks for sharing the info on his first short film!

On 3/3/2022 at 1:51 PM, DrBooger said:

Korean Cinema I agree still has a long way to go, as you mentioned it can be too violent and grotesque even, I actually watch more Asian movies than western ones (especially old Hong Kong movies and Japanese) having said that there are quite a few good Korean movie's I have enjoyed watching and hopefully since the worlds attention has shifted to korean industry and actors we can see more diversity,representation and collaborations! I wholeheartedly agree JDY is one of the greatest actors of our time, she isn't called the Cannes queen for nothing, her performance in The Housemaid alone deserves all the highest acting awards there is, Korea is lucky to have her she has enriched the Korean industry with her superior works, I wonder if we will ever get another actor of her level seeing the current lot of actors! KNG's journey has been nothing short of amazing, during his debut years he was a little wet behind his ears, he not only got progressively better but did so by starring in projects that challenged him as an actor to do better, even if the genres were similar he made it a point to differentiate his current role from his previous ones giving attention to the minutest of details, I love his eye acting and I think he is one of the best actors presently in Korea who can act with his eye's, I know this is a bold claim however seeing his restrained acting in his current drama TTD has led me to believe so. He definitely has the potential to be one and that is why I wonder what is it that acclaimed director's aren't seeing in him that we are? He is an actor who doesn't care about image,is a complete directors actor, he isn't afraid to show his raw and rustic side,he would do so well, I can totally envision him in a Lee Chang Dong film, hopefully they take notice of him if they haven't already :( I am excited for his upcoming film Emergency Declaration, to see him and JDY share a screen for the second time but I guess this time around they do not have any/much scenes together (which is a shame)

Indeed. I agree with you that Korean cinema is really lucky to have an actor like JDY. Another actor I really like is Kim Yoon Seok. He and JDY were supposed to work together in A Man and A Woman before he was replaced by Gong Yoo. I wonder why...  

Yes. I'm also currently watching TTD. This is also one of the reasons why I thought his acting has improved tremendously. His eyes *emote* more naturally.

HAHAHAH. I AM ALSO EXCITED FOR EMERGENCY DECLARATION. I JUST HOPE IT WILL BE SHOWN AT CINEMAS IN MY COUNTRY.... Must watch to show my support. 99 percent of my fave actors are either close to 100 years old or dead. I'm not joking if I say JDY, KNG and Kim Yoon Seok can be considered as 'maknae-line' on my fave actors list, HAHAHHAHA.

Edited by qwwwerty
Please don't quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, qwwwerty said:

HAHAHA. Same. Yes, Lee Jung Jae was the original actor, but KNG (although he still looked somewhat boyish at the time) suits better as Jung Jae Gon - both physically and 'mannerisms' (??? ).  Did you know that he actually confessed to the press that  he "fell" for JDY the first time when he saw her in person ??????????

I was like, BOY! ARE YOU REALLY THIS HONEST?! LMAOS.  JINJJJJJA?! 

Interview link: http://www.zenithnews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=6692

THIS MAN REALLY HAD QUITE A BIT OF QUESTIONABLE QUOTES ON JDY, LMAOS.

Edited: He mentioned he had 'after effects of JDY'.  I know he's honest, but IS HE REALLY THAT HONEST?  

HAHAH. I really don't think any young women can easily handle his "duality". Only older and wise women can handle his craziness. Perhaps it's true that he prefers acting to dating (but of course if he finds the right person, he probably would change his mind). LOLS.

Oooo... I haven't really come across his poems. I only read some short ones on gilstory NGO. 

Also, thanks for sharing the info on his first short film!

Indeed. I agree with you that Korean cinema is really lucky to have an actor like JDY. Another actor I really like is Kim Yoon Seok. He and JDY were supposed to work together in A Man and A Woman before he was replaced by Gong Yoo. I wonder why...  

Yes. I'm also currently watching TTD. This is also one of the reasons why I thought his acting has improved tremendously. His eyes *emote* more naturally.

HAHAHAH. I AM ALSO EXCITED FOR EMERGENCY DECLARATION. I JUST HOPE IT WILL BE SHOWN AT CINEMAS IN MY COUNTRY.... Must watch to show my support. 99 percent of my fave actors are either close to 100 years old or dead. I'm not joking if I say JDY, KNG and Kim Yoon Seok can be considered as 'maknae-line' on my fave actors list, HAHAHHAHA.

Ha ha ha I actually never came across the article, thank you for providing the link !Again nothing will take me by surprise when it comes to this man, he was totally in awe of her, following her around like a puppy who can't get enough of their owner, he would take every single opportunity to either compliment or make some sort of a confession lol.

Jeon Doyeon on the other hand said "Kim Nam Gil has alot of aaegyo and is too expressive, since I am not very good at giving reaction's, it was too much and at some point I started avoiding Kim Nam Gil , going to the site was stressful, it was very burdensome" OUCH..lol its at 5:38!! 

I actually noticed JDY doesn't like to mince words and herself can be brutally honest!

Speaking of questionable quotes he actually got into a minor controversy over something he said during The Busan Festival conference where The shameless was nominated/screening, they have elaborated at 1:08 but I couldn't quite understand the english translation 

Haha yeah thats why he even mentioned since older women have lived more years and are mature they can "control" him, I wonder whom will he end up with, man is super private and has never really got himself into a dating scandal except for one or two which were found to be untrue..

These are the ones available on the internet, they are really deep and pretty thought provoking, he has been open about battling depression and it shows through his writing and thoughts! His co star Lee Honey said in an interview he is a very sensitive soul..

https://kim-nam-gil.livejournal.com/20206.html

Yeah I agree KYS is simply  among the best actors! Oh I had no idea Gong Yoo wasn't the first choice for it, its a shame that their pairing fell through for whatever reason, hopefully we will witness them sharing screen sometime in the future! But FR how did they go from KYS to Gong Yoo lol..

Hahahahah yeah i get you, I am pretty young(college student)and the actors I admire their age's are above 40+, I just don't find the ones around my age range appealing enough for me to follow their works :P

Edited by gm4queen
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, DrBooger said:

Ha ha ha I actually never came across the article, thank you for providing the link !Again nothing will take me by surprise when it comes to this man, he was totally in awe of her, following her around like a puppy who can't get enough of their owner, he would take every single opportunity to either compliment or make some sort of a confession lol.

Jeon Doyeon on the other hand said "Kim Nam Gil has alot of aaegyo and is too expressive, since I am not very good at giving reaction's, it was too much and at some point I started avoiding Kim Nam Gil , going to the site was stressful, it was very burdensome" OUCH..lol its at 5:38!! 

I actually noticed JDY doesn't like to mince words and herself can be brutally honest!

Speaking of questionable quotes he actually got into a minor controversy over something he said during The Busan Festival conference where The shameless was nominated/screening, they have elaborated at 1:08 but I couldn't quite understand the english translation 

Haha yeah thats why he even mentioned since older women have lived more years and are mature they can "control" him, I wonder whom will he end up with, man is super private and has never really got himself into a dating scandal except for one or two which were found to be untrue..

These are the ones available on the internet, they are really deep and pretty thought provoking, he has been open about battling depression and it shows through his writing and thoughts! His co star Lee Honey said in an interview he is a very sensitive soul..

Yeah I agree KYS is simply  among the best actors! Oh I had no idea Gong Yoo wasn't the first choice for it, its a shame that their pairing fell through for whatever reason, hopefully we will witness them sharing screen sometime in the future! But FR how did they go from KYS to Gong Yoo lol..

Hahahahah yeah i get you, I am pretty young(college student)and the actors I admire their age's are above 40+, I just don't find the ones around my age range appealing enough for me to follow their works :P

His writing really does take my breath away sometimes.  He is incredibly hard on himself.  I understand that his family went through hard circumstances when he was young.  I know from experience that it causes you to deeply question the value of your own success, and can make you a very driven person.

I am the opposite - I am older, but I spent a very long time in university, so I kind of started my "real life" late.  I have always gravitated to younger men, because we are more in the same place than men my age.  Thankfully, I don't look anything near my age (lucky genetics).  

He hasn't brought up the "older woman" thing in quite some time that I have seen, but I notice that he completely skirts the issue in interviews.  He's not like Gong Yoo, who has flatly said he probably won't marry. I can't see someone as deeply sensitive spending his life alone, but his preferences may have shifted with maturity.

Episode 9 of TTD tonight made my heart ache.  He can do so much with subtle changes of expression.

Edited by gm4queen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Robbin Koenig said:

His writing really does take my breath away sometimes.  He is incredibly hard on himself.  I understand that his family went through hard circumstances when he was young.  I know from experience that it causes you to deeply question the value of your own success, and can make you a very driven person.

I am the opposite - I am older, but I spent a very long time in university, so I kind of started my "real life" late.  I have always gravitated to younger men, because we are more in the same place than men my age.  Thankfully, I don't look anything near my age (lucky genetics).  

He hasn't brought up the "older woman" thing in quite some time that I have seen, but I notice that he completely skirts the issue in interviews.  He's not like Gong Yoo, who has flatly said he probably won't marry. I can't see someone as deeply sensitive spending his life alone, but his preferences may have shifted with maturity.

Episode 9 of TTD tonight made my heart ache.  He can do so much with subtle changes of expression.

Ikr!!! For him to hold such thoughts at a young age he must have gone through a lot emotionally, about his family situation I was of the view that he hails from a middle class family, he has worked since a very young age working part time jobs and dropped out of university to pursue a full time career in acting, unfortunately he met with a serious accident which threatened his acting career and he almost gave up on it, even as early as 2017 (life bar interview)he talked about his struggle with self confidence and how he felt snubbed by the awarding bodies when he  didn't receive any nominations even though he heard good reviews about his acting, he again contemplated on leaving the profession since he felt like he was walking on a road with no sense of direction (honestly they really did him dirty by overlooking his roles and drama, can you believe he didn't receive even one nomination for LUTYN and Memories of a murderer?) and I think thats why TFP is a very special project which is close to his heart, he not only met what he describes "good people" , the cast of actors in TFP were in the same position like KNG facing a career slump and they promised each other they would give it their all!!!

Oh wow, I don't know but when it comes to actors I gravitate towards much older ones, maybe because they are so good at what they do due to years of experience plus because of their maturity level their personality is also likeable (only holds good for few of them though )

Yeah the older women came up when he was asked about how he keeps getting casted opposite women who were older than him, thats when he replied he has even dated women 10 years older than him lol..in another interview he said unfortunately his relationships with older women didn't work because due to biological reason they would want to tie the knot but he still was hungry to cement his career! Haha I have noticed too he does avoid the topic, his ideal women have also changed with time now, now his ideal partner he says is someone like his TFP co star Kim Sun Kyung because he is as deep as the ocean or something like that lol..

KNG had once expressed he did want to marry and start a family when he was in his 20s, however in his recent interview when asked about starting a family he replied "Not for now, not too clear" however what he said after is something i admire "I think its wrong to be happy by being reliant on other's, when I can share my happiness I will marry someone" thats a healthy view on relationships and marriage

Having said that,now that he is in a good position with his acting career thriving, established his own ent agency, his NGO seems to be doing well too so maybe he is ready to think about settling down? he is clearly not slowing down since there are many upcoming projects under his belt, either ways I am winning lol! 

Didn't Gong Yoo once express that he wanted to get married and start a family? I think he said this while he was promoting his movie The Age of Shadow's, recently in the press conference of "The Silent Sea" when asked what he would take with him to the moon he said a women amongst other things lol...

TTD episode 9 just wow, he better be bagging awards for his performance as SHY, hopefully another Daesang, I would say his acting in TTD is his best so far and the best I have seen among other k drama releases for 21-22

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DrBooger said:

Ikr!!! For him to hold such thoughts at a young age he must have gone through a lot emotionally, about his family situation I was of the view that he hails from a middle class family, he has worked since a very young age working part time jobs and dropped out of university to pursue a full time career in acting, unfortunately he met with a serious accident which threatened his acting career and he almost gave up on it, even as early as 2017 (life bar interview)he talked about his struggle with self confidence and how he felt snubbed by the awarding bodies when he  didn't receive any nominations even though he heard good reviews about his acting, he again contemplated on leaving the profession since he felt like he was walking on a road with no sense of direction (honestly they really did him dirty by overlooking his roles and drama, can you believe he didn't receive even one nomination for LUTYN and Memories of a murderer?) and I think thats why TFP is a very special project which is close to his heart, he not only met what he describes "good people" , the cast of actors in TFP were in the same position like KNG facing a career slump and they promised each other they would give it their all!!!

Oh wow, I don't know but when it comes to actors I gravitate towards much older ones, maybe because they are so good at what they do due to years of experience plus because of their maturity level their personality is also likeable (only holds good for few of them though )

Yeah the older women came up when he was asked about how he keeps getting casted opposite women who were older than him, thats when he replied he has even dated women 10 years older than him lol..in another interview he said unfortunately his relationships with older women didn't work because due to biological reason they would want to tie the knot but he still was hungry to cement his career! Haha I have noticed too he does avoid the topic, his ideal women have also changed with time now, now his ideal partner he says is someone like his TFP co star Kim Sun Kyung because he is as deep as the ocean or something like that lol..

KNG had once expressed he did want to marry and start a family when he was in his 20s, however in his recent interview when asked about starting a family he replied "Not for now, not too clear" however what he said after is something i admire "I think its wrong to be happy by being reliant on other's, when I can share my happiness I will marry someone" thats a healthy view on relationships and marriage

Having said that,now that he is in a good position with his acting career thriving, established his own ent agency, his NGO seems to be doing well too so maybe he is ready to think about settling down? he is clearly not slowing down since there are many upcoming projects under his belt, either ways I am winning lol! 

Didn't Gong Yoo once express that he wanted to get married and start a family? I think he said this while he was promoting his movie The Age of Shadow's, recently in the press conference of "The Silent Sea" when asked what he would take with him to the moon he said a women amongst other things lol...

TTD episode 9 just wow, he better be bagging awards for his performance as SHY, hopefully another Daesang, I would say his acting in TTD is his best so far and the best I have seen among other k drama releases for 21-22

In a interview a couple years back, GY said it was never his intention to not get married, but he felt like the time for that had passed and he was quite happy living alone.  That may have been resignation talking, but it sounded like a pretty confirmed bachelor.  He's a strange one.  By his own admission he's almost paralyzingly shy about expressing his feelings. That's definitely not KNG.

KNG came from a middle class/working class neighborhood judging by his secondary school.  In one of his early interviews he alluded to that at the time he started acting his family was going through a financially hard time, and he was working all kinds of jobs to supplement the family income.  And in his writing he talks about how guilty he felt at first giving his money to charities when his own family needed it.  Having come up out of the working class, and now being upper middle class - by far the most affluent in my family - I go through exactly the same struggle.  When I read a translation of "The Smallest Status" from "Into the Wild" I really felt it, because I go through almost the same thought cycle.  

Hi relationships with older women (or even women his own age) now that he's in his 40s may also not work out for opposite biological reasons if he wants a family - for women past 40, that's going to be a bit of an issue (says the woman who had her first and only at almost 41). He's the oldest son in a traditional family, and he has to get some pressure.  Despite that, I have never seen him show interest in younger women. But he did say that his younger brother had married and took the pressure off of him.  He also said once that women should think twice about marrying an actor and need to fully understand the job, because it's a very lonely life.  I got the definite impression that may have been an issue in the past.

At first I read that as  the actress Kim Sun Kyung (usually a female name),  which would mean his tastes definitely have not changed!!  But then I realized who you meant, and that's so funny! I think he was definitely giving a flippant answer meant to tease his friend Kim Sun Kyung.

I am stunned at how little attention LUTYN gets.  I thought his performance was amazing.  And I think TTD has really given him the vehicle to show how he has fully matured as an actor. He's definitely the best of the crop. Although I did think that Junho was absolutely transcendent in The Red Sleeve Cuff.  I don't think I have cried so hard in a while.  Not since Gu Dong Mae carried Hina down the beach in Mr. Sunshine.

I loved Bulgasal, and I find Lee Jin-uk all kinds of sexy from a physical perspective, but I thought he was very stiff in that role. And while I thought GY was fabulous in TSS, I had a hard time with that show.  I need to watch Seobok.  But KNG is my favorite actor by a wide margin.

I am going to be really excited to see Island - KNG's such a comic book fan, I think he will totally throw himself into it! In the meantime, I am going to go back and pick up some of his older works that I haven't had time to watch.

Edited by Robbin Koenig
Clarity.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Robbin Koenig said:

In a interview a couple years back, GY said it was never his intention to not get married, but he felt like the time for that had passed and he was quite happy living alone.  That may have been resignation talking, but it sounded like a pretty confirmed bachelor.  He's a strange one.  By his own admission he's almost paralyzingly shy about expressing his feelings. That's definitely not KNG.

KNG came from a middle class/working class neighborhood judging by his secondary school.  In one of his early interviews he alluded to that at the time he started acting his family was going through a financially hard time, and he was working all kinds of jobs to supplement the family income.  And in his writing he talks about how guilty he felt at first giving his money to charities when his own family needed it.  Having come up out of the working class, and now being upper middle class - by far the most affluent in my family - I go through exactly the same struggle.  When I read a translation of "The Smallest Status" from "Into the Wild" I really felt it, because I go through almost the same thought cycle.  

Hi relationships with older women (or even women his own age) now that he's in his 40s may also not work out for opposite biological reasons if he wants a family - for women past 40, that's going to be a bit of an issue (says the woman who had her first and only at almost 41). He's the oldest son in a traditional family, and he has to get some pressure.  Despite that, I have never seen him show interest in younger women. But he did say that his younger brother had married and took the pressure off of him.  He also said once that women should think twice about marrying an actor and need to fully understand the job, because it's a very lonely life.  I got the definite impression that may have been an issue in the past.

At first I read that as  the actress Kim Sun Kyung (usually a female name),  which would mean his tastes definitely have not changed!!  But then I realized who you meant, and that's so funny! I think he was definitely giving a flippant answer meant to tease his friend Kim Sun Kyung.

I am stunned at how little attention LUTYN gets.  I thought his performance was amazing.  And I think TTD has really given him the vehicle to show how he has fully matured as an actor. He's definitely the best of the crop. Although I did think that Junho was absolutely transcendent in The Red Sleeve Cuff.  I don't think I have cried so hard in a while.  Not since Gu Dong Mae carried Hina down the beach in Mr. Sunshine.

I loved Bulgasal, and I find Lee Jin-uk all kinds of sexy from a physical perspective, but I thought he was very stiff in that role. And while I thought GY was fabulous in TSS, I had a hard time with that show.  I need to watch Seobok.  But KNG is my favorite actor by a wide margin.

I am going to be really excited to see Island - KNG's such a comic book fan, I think he will totally throw himself into it! In the meantime, I am going to go back and pick up some of his older works that I haven't had time to watch.

Haha Gong Yoo is surely a strange one, I do know for a fact he is a major homebody who loves to hang out with his cats, I totally understand where that statement is coming from, I remember reading an article where he confessed that he hasn't been around the dating scene for as long as he can remember, I think as you grow older and being single for that long you find dating more of a hassle as you have gotten too comfortable being independent and doing things your way that even thinking about it is quite off putting, relationships take a lot of work which includes emotional investment, its hard on someone who has led a single independent life for as long as he as claimed to have lived! He like KNG also harbours healthy thoughts on relationship and marriage! KNG has previously worn his heart on his sleeve and he was pretty vocal about it through his actions (he treated his FL from his drama Shark and they again starred together in the movie The Pirate's with a lot of care) he clearly had a big fat crush on her, I am of the view they were an item because a popular news agency who specialises in revealing celebrity dating news broke out that they were dating (obviously they denied it like most of them do), so I would agree that he is definitely not the shy type!

Yeah I did come across that he wasn't that financially sound and had to take multiple part time jobs to support his acting dream, he dropped out of university for the same reason is what I came across (I am not sure how much of that is true), I am pretty blessed in the department and living a pretty sheltered life, however I have seen people around me who have struggled with whatever little they have had to make a name for themselves and that definitely makes you grow up quickly than the folks around your age, since nothing has come easy to them the desire to succeed is also very high among them, they have my utmost respect and admiration! His journey is also something which made me Stan him harder, he has faced many adversities but his perseverance to overcome them whilst doing as much as he can to give back to the society alone makes him in an inspiration <3

Yeah he did say he dated a lot of older women, he mentioned out of the ten people he had dated 7 were older than him lol.. so he has a natural affinity towards them(its another trivia of his which made fall for him deeper, since most male actors actually just men in general actively seek younger women and in case of men in power much younger), however his ideal type has been consistent since 2017 that is a person who has a good heart and is accepting of him, he is an intelligent man who holds deep thought's and values,he comes across as person who is attracted to intelligence,so I wouldn't be surprised if he dates/marries someone younger who holds those qualities he is seeking for in a partner, yeah being a public figure can be very daunting and lonely, he broke that illusion which fan girls hold about marrying an actor would be all sunshine and roses, the man really has no filters <3 It could have definitely been an issue with his past relationships mostly I am guessing were non celebs, I agree that he might be speaking out of experience.

hahaha speaking of Kim Sung Kyun he was literally so attached to him throughout the filming of TFP that he once offered they stay together in a motel near the filming site lmfao..

LUTYN actually did well considering it wasn't promoted, in fact its final episode recorded ratings which was considered at the time "highest rated in Korean cable television history", the award ceremonies totally snubbed him, I mean not even a nomination? Absolutely ridiculous! TTD definitely his best work, I think showing restrained acting is one of the toughest kind of acting because it can be mistaken for cold and unexpressive, he really smashed it out of the park by giving attention to detail! I better see him bagging some best actor awards this award season. Junho is one of my favorite idol turned actor, he really has improved by leaps and bounds and he actually was quite good when he started too, unfortunately I haven't watched red sleeve yet! Mr Sunshine ah the pain...

Yeah I am looking forward to Island too, from a visual perspective and obviously want to see him kick some more a**, he absolutely shines in action scene's!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrBooger said:

Haha Gong Yoo is surely a strange one, I do know for a fact he is a major homebody who loves to hang out with his cats, I totally understand where that statement is coming from, I remember reading an article where he confessed that he hasn't been around the dating scene for as long as he can remember, I think as you grow older and being single for that long you find dating more of a hassle as you have gotten too comfortable being independent and doing things your way that even thinking about it is quite off putting, relationships take a lot of work which includes emotional investment, its hard on someone who has led a single independent life for as long as he as claimed to have lived! He like KNG also harbours healthy thoughts on relationship and marriage! KNG has previously worn his heart on his sleeve and he was pretty vocal about it through his actions (he treated his FL from his drama Shark and they again starred together in the movie The Pirate's with a lot of care) he clearly had a big fat crush on her, I am of the view they were an item because a popular news agency who specialises in revealing celebrity dating news broke out that they were dating (obviously they denied it like most of them do), so I would agree that he is definitely not the shy type!

Yeah I did come across that he wasn't that financially sound and had to take multiple part time jobs to support his acting dream, he dropped out of university for the same reason is what I came across (I am not sure how much of that is true), I am pretty blessed in the department and living a pretty sheltered life, however I have seen people around me who have struggled with whatever little they have had to make a name for themselves and that definitely makes you grow up quickly than the folks around your age, since nothing has come easy to them the desire to succeed is also very high among them, they have my utmost respect and admiration! His journey is also something which made me Stan him harder, he has faced many adversities but his perseverance to overcome them whilst doing as much as he can to give back to the society alone makes him in an inspiration <3

Yeah he did say he dated a lot of older women, he mentioned out of the ten people he had dated 7 were older than him lol.. so he has a natural affinity towards them(its another trivia of his which made fall for him deeper, since most male actors actually just men in general actively seek younger women and in case of men in power much younger), however his ideal type has been consistent since 2017 that is a person who has a good heart and is accepting of him, he is an intelligent man who holds deep thought's and values,he comes across as person who is attracted to intelligence,so I wouldn't be surprised if he dates/marries someone younger who holds those qualities he is seeking for in a partner, yeah being a public figure can be very daunting and lonely, he broke that illusion which fan girls hold about marrying an actor would be all sunshine and roses, the man really has no filters <3 It could have definitely been an issue with his past relationships mostly I am guessing were non celebs, I agree that he might be speaking out of experience.

hahaha speaking of Kim Sung Kyun he was literally so attached to him throughout the filming of TFP that he once offered they stay together in a motel near the filming site lmfao..

LUTYN actually did well considering it wasn't promoted, in fact its final episode recorded ratings which was considered at the time "highest rated in Korean cable television history", the award ceremonies totally snubbed him, I mean not even a nomination? Absolutely ridiculous! TTD definitely his best work, I think showing restrained acting is one of the toughest kind of acting because it can be mistaken for cold and unexpressive, he really smashed it out of the park by giving attention to detail! I better see him bagging some best actor awards this award season. Junho is one of my favorite idol turned actor, he really has improved by leaps and bounds and he actually was quite good when he started too, unfortunately I haven't watched red sleeve yet! Mr Sunshine ah the pain...

Yeah I am looking forward to Island too, from a visual perspective and obviously want to see him kick some more a**, he absolutely shines in action scene's!

Having those kinds of financial hardships young put an almost permanent weight of responsibility on your shoulders.  It really does drive you toward workaholic and perfectionist tendencies - particularly for an oldest child. I don't think you ever grow out of it.

I 100% think he will end up with a non-celebrity, just one that isn't high maintenance.  He's an incredibly dedicated actor, but off-set his priorities are... different.  I, too, really admire men that will date older women, because they are bucking societal opinion.  Although I don't think that the reverse age difference is as big of a deal in many cultures as it is in the US because we are so obsessively youth oriented.  And of course as a woman who has gravitated toward younger men sense I was in my 30s, I am particularly sensitive to that.

Tonight's episode of TTD was so painful to watch, but he plays that restraint so well without being stone-faced. But I am going to SUFFER until next week!  He'd better get some major nominations for this or there's no justice at all.  Honestly, I am really digging Jin Seon-kyu in this as well.  It's hard to believe that there's only a 2-3 year age difference between them IRL.  But I am dreading the end of the series - it's certainly going to leave a hole in my weekend anticipation.

You MUST watch Red Sleeve. My opinion of Junho's talent rose exponentially.  It was a hard role to play and he captured all the nuance and complexity of the role.  And his chemistry with Lee Se-young was intense.  It was poignant and astonishingly beautiful and I cried big ugly sobs for 45 minutes in the most cathartic way possible.  I will not be able to rewatch it any time soon. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Robbin Koenig said:

Having those kinds of financial hardships young put an almost permanent weight of responsibility on your shoulders.  It really does drive you toward workaholic and perfectionist tendencies - particularly for an oldest child. I don't think you ever grow out of it.

I 100% think he will end up with a non-celebrity, just one that isn't high maintenance.  He's an incredibly dedicated actor, but off-set his priorities are... different.  I, too, really admire men that will date older women, because they are bucking societal opinion.  Although I don't think that the reverse age difference is as big of a deal in many cultures as it is in the US because we are so obsessively youth oriented.  And of course as a woman who has gravitated toward younger men sense I was in my 30s, I am particularly sensitive to that.

Tonight's episode of TTD was so painful to watch, but he plays that restraint so well without being stone-faced. But I am going to SUFFER until next week!  He'd better get some major nominations for this or there's no justice at all.  Honestly, I am really digging Jin Seon-kyu in this as well.  It's hard to believe that there's only a 2-3 year age difference between them IRL.  But I am dreading the end of the series - it's certainly going to leave a hole in my weekend anticipation.

You MUST watch Red Sleeve. My opinion of Junho's talent rose exponentially.  It was a hard role to play and he captured all the nuance and complexity of the role.  And his chemistry with Lee Se-young was intense.  It was poignant and astonishingly beautiful and I cried big ugly sobs for 45 minutes in the most cathartic way possible.  I will not be able to rewatch it any time soon. 

Yeah I am also of the view that if he ties the knot it would be with a non celeb, most actors especially Korean actors end up marrying non celebs and I have noticed that the relationship lasts longer this way, I would be surprised if he ends up with another celeb/public figure! He is super simple , the man literally outside of his work will sport a trackpant at all times, he is one of those comfort over fashion ( the more I scratch underneath the surface the deeper I fall), he once admitted that he doesn't spend on luxury items but if he spots track pants in a mall he will stop midway lol..I have heard he has only a car, he takes the subway often, there are fans who have spotted him walking/jogging  around, he really lives a modest life, this reminds me Dispatch(news outlet) unexpectedly bumped into KNG who was commuting to and from by riding a bicycle while he was serving in the military, he is proud of his humble beginnings and continues to live modestly

http://kimnamgilstory.blogspot.com/2011/06/news-update-kim-nam-gil-on-bike-latest.html?m=1

You would be surprised here in Asia like any other place how youth obsessed we are as a society, especially the prejudice women have to face as if she is only worth her age and once we pass a certain age we can't escape the negative connotation's which comes with it, no wonder the beauty industry is a billion dollar industry where they feed women unrealistic standards to stay young and beautiful as if these are the only two things women have to offer! I would say the reverse age gap though the majority especially the older generation hold negative views about it,the younger ones are keeping an open mind when it comes to dating and are more accepting of it.

I can't believe we just have another week left and we won't be seeing him until Island airs, the wait is surely going to kill me :( I will reserve my judgment for best actor category for later since we are yet to see other actors in their upcoming projects, however if the Korean industry refuse to acknowledge his acting in TTD and snubs him of a nomination, the industry needs to hang their head in shame and will lose all credibility at least in my eyes!! JSK is a really good actor and has equally done a great job, in fact stellar performances by the whole cast,there is literally no acting hole, the actors who played criminals need a standing ovation along with KNG, their acting was so realistic that it made my blood boil as a viewer! Haha yeah KNG actually looks youthful for his age, if you look at his pictures since debut you can see except for a few lines which come with age his face pretty much looks the same (thank God he didn't go under the knife to alter his beautiful face), I guess great genetics!!

Yeah I will surely watch it once I am done with TTD , I have only heard and read great thing's about it :)

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 5:59 AM, DrBooger said:

You would be surprised here in Asia like any other place how youth obsessed we are as a society, especially the prejudice women have to face as if she is only worth her age and once we pass a certain age we can't escape the negative connotation's which comes with it, no wonder the beauty industry is a billion dollar industry where they feed women unrealistic standards to stay young and beautiful as if these are the only two things women have to offer! I would say the reverse age gap though the majority especially the older generation hold negative views about it,the younger ones are keeping an open mind when it comes to dating and are more accepting of it.

I guess that should not be surprising, because Korea took over from Brazil in being the plastic surgery capital of the world!  I prefer faces that are interesting over faces that are perfect.  Most of the actors I find attractive have distinctive features, not always the most conventionally "beautiful".  

It's terrible that even competent professional women are judged so heavily by appearance - even in the 21st century!  I work in pharmaceuticals and even in a field where education and experience should be the most important, you will find it hard to get a job if you let yourself age too much.  It's probably because despite all the progress we have made - it's still mostly men that are doing the hiring!

I can't see KNG ever touching his face.  Not only does he not need to, but he doesn't see that as a priority - he's all about perfecting the craft of acting. Offset, the world must just take him as he is - tracksuit and all!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Robbin Koenig said:

I guess that should not be surprising, because Korea took over from Brazil in being the plastic surgery capital of the world!  I prefer faces that are interesting over faces that are perfect.  Most of the actors I find attractive have distinctive features, not always the most conventionally "beautiful".  

It's terrible that even competent professional women are judged so heavily by appearance - even in the 21st century!  I work in pharmaceuticals and even in a field where education and experience should be the most important, you will find it hard to get a job if you let yourself age too much.  It's probably because despite all the progress we have made - it's still mostly men that are doing the hiring!

I can't see KNG ever touching his face.  Not only does he not need to, but he doesn't see that as a priority - he's all about perfecting the craft of acting. Offset, the world must just take him as he is - tracksuit and all!

Wow I would say its the same for me as well, most of the actors I find attractive I only learn later that according to their "standards" they aren't considered conventionally handsome/beautiful and i am left confused, beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder! I am more attracted to a charming aura than anything else, I find KNG very charming and he has got a face that keeps growing on you as you keep watching him, you just never get bored of such faces,though I think he is conventionally handsome as well right?

Right!! As long as men are pulling the strings and are in control of the narrative, women are expected to hold the highest of the standards while theirs can be as low as the ocean trench and the double standards will prevail, its absolutely nuts and at the same time a sad reality that in an age where we are aiming for equality, we are subjected to ridiculous standards so much so we are looked down upon for ageing which is something so natural.

We have a long way to go as a society!

KNG had once confessed he was insecure of his face and had thoughts on altering it :( He still doesn't consider himself handsome and always pulls out a surprised face when fans call him handsome, living in a  look obsessed society especially considering the nature of his profession the urge must have been strong, since I have heard in Korea even the parents are  critical about their children's looks and as a graduation gift they will take them to a plastic surgeon, it must have taken a strong mentality to fight the urge so huge props to him (I have nothing against the ones who undergo it though, to each his own and I understand it can be very hard to live in a society were they take their narrow standard's seriously so much so they lose out on jobs due to something we literally have no control over naturally). He is a gorgeous man with unique features don't want him to mess it up! Yeah I agree he is someone who doesn't care about showing his real raw image off screen, which also includes his outward appearance, he even comes to script readings with his track pants on and he professed if there is one kind of attire he could wear for the rest of his life it is track pants, so much so if there are stains on it he will wash them and re use them without throwing those outfits. Hahaha ikr, in an interview he said actors gave him a look when he said comfort over fashion but he doesn't really care..someone needs to give this a man a track suit commercial!

• Awesome 1

38 minutes ago, DrBooger said:

Wow I would say its the same for me as well, most of the actors I find attractive I only learn later that according to their "standards" they aren't considered conventionally handsome/beautiful and i am left confused, beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder! I am more attracted to a charming aura than anything else, I find KNG very charming and he has got a face that keeps growing on you as you keep watching him, you just never get bored of such faces,though I think he is conventionally handsome as well right?

Right!! As long as men are pulling the strings and are in control of the narrative, women are expected to hold the highest of the standards while theirs can be as low as the ocean trench and the double standards will prevail, its absolutely nuts and at the same time a sad reality that in an age where we are aiming for equality, we are subjected to ridiculous standards so much so we are looked down upon for ageing which is something so natural.

We have a long way to go as a society!

KNG had once confessed he was insecure of his face and had thoughts on altering it :( He still doesn't consider himself handsome and always pulls out a surprised face when fans call him handsome, living in a  look obsessed society especially considering the nature of his profession the urge must have been strong, since I have heard in Korea even the parents are  critical about their children's looks and as a graduation gift they will take them to a plastic surgeon, it must have taken a strong mentality to fight the urge so huge props to him (I have nothing against the ones who undergo it though, to each his own and I understand it can be very hard to live in a society were they take their narrow standard's seriously so much so they lose out on jobs due to something we literally have no control over naturally). He is a gorgeous man with unique features don't want him to mess it up! Yeah I agree he is someone who doesn't care about showing his real raw image off screen, which also includes his outward appearance, he even comes to script readings with his track pants on and he professed if there is one kind of attire he could wear for the rest of his life it is track pants, so much so if there are stains on it he will wash them and re use them without throwing those outfits. Hahaha ikr, in an interview he said actors gave him a look when he said comfort over fashion but he doesn't really care..someone needs to give this a man a track suit commercial!

Oh he is definitely handsome by any standard.  What sets him apart is his incredibly expressive face and that personality that can go from dead serious to brilliantly joyous in a heartbeat.  I could seriously watch him all day. His photoshoots are always breathtaking, but I love him best in his backward ballcap and his glasses, goofing around.  That is when he's most beautiful to me.

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Source:https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/03/kim-nam-gil-and-seohyun-cast-in-the-upcoming-netflix-original-series

Kim Nam Gil and Seohyun cast in the upcoming Netflix original series

1647220891-akr20220314038800005-01-i-p4.jpg

Actor Kim Nam Gil and Girls' Generation's Seohyun have been cast in the upcoming Netflix original series

According to Netflix Korea on March 14th KST, Kim Nam Gil, Seohyun, Yoo Jae Myung, Lee Hyun Wook, Lee Ho Jung will be starring in the upcoming Netflix original series 'Banditry: the sound of swords'(literally translated). Kim Nam Gil will play the male lead while Seohyun will be playing the female lead of the series.

'Banditry: the sound of swords' will tell a story about Koreans fighting for their homeland in Jiandao in 1920s Korea under Japanese rule. It will be an action-packed drama series. 

Stay tuned for updates. 

1647221269-akr20220314038800005-01-i-p4-1.jpg
  • Like 1

Source:https://www.soompi.com/article/1517197wpp/kim-nam-gil-seohyun-lee-ho-jung-and-more-confirmed-to-star-in-upcoming-historical-drama

Kim Nam Gil, Seohyun, Lee Ho Jung, And More Confirmed To Star In Upcoming Historical Drama

Kim Nam Gil, Seohyun, Lee Ho Jung, And More Confirmed To Star In Upcoming Historical Drama

Girls’ Generation’s Seohyun, Kim Nam Gil, Lee Ho Jung and more are teaming up for a new historical drama!

“Thief: Sound of the Sword” (literal title) is set in 1920 where people throw a fierce punch of defiance to those who have chased them away from their homes in order to protect their land, family, and comrades. Through fictional characters, the history of defeat will be turned into a history of victory. The drama will be directed by Hwang Joon Hyuk and written by Han Jung Hoon, who previously worked on “Bad Guys 2” and “Squad 38” together.

The production will star Kim Nam Gil as Lee Yoon, a man who was previously in the Japanese military. He abandons everything to leave for Gando (also known as Jiandao, a historical border region in Northeast China) and become a thief who protects the land and people. The actor previously impressed in “Through the Darkness,” “The Fiery Priest,” and “Memoir of a Murderer.” Seohyun, who starred in the Netflix film “Love and Leashes” as well as the dramas “Private Lives” and “Time,” will play the role of Nam Hee Shin, who hides her identity and becomes the head of the Japanese Government-General of Korea’s Railway Bureau.

Yoo Jae Myung will play Choi Choong Soo, a former general of the righteous army (informal civilian militias) and a landlord of a Korean village in Gando. The actor previously starred in “Reply 1988,” “Vincenzo,” “Itaewon Class,” “Voice of Silence,” and more. Lee Hyun Wook will play the role of Lee Gwang Il, an opportunistic Japanese military executive who has a bad relationship with Lee Yoon. He has captivated viewers in numerous projects including “Strangers From Hell,” “The Good Detective,” “Search,” “She Would Never Know,” and “Mine.” Lee Ho Jung will also star as Eon Nyeon, a gunman heading to Gando after receiving a request to kill Lee Yoon. The actress previously starred in the films “Midnight Runners” and “The Battle of Jangsari” as well as the drama “Nevertheless.”

The drama will be released via Netflix. Stay tuned for more updates!

• Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 11:26 AM, DrBooger said:

Ah ya, that infamous 'sucking' statement thingy. I view it as one of KNG's silliest, childish 'professional' mistakes. 

Thanks for sharing!! Will read them with pleasure :D I remember him saying Korean literature is one of his fave subjects (and he loves writing). 

I agree with you and Ms. Koenig that his other half will most likely to be a low-maintenance non-celebrity. I see someone who probably works in the entertainment industry as well. Maybe a writer or even a director/producer? 

I tried watching LUTYN with my sis before watching The Shameless and TFP. That mustache... lols. I just couldn't take him seriously. Funny I usually don't care about how actors should look like. But there's just something about him with a mustache that I cannot 'accept'. He looked wolfish!  Even if it's Ronald Colman-esque mustache...

In the end, my sis finished watching the whole series alone :lol:

On 3/8/2022 at 11:12 AM, DrBooger said:

From what I saw from his clips, he definitely looked surprised. 

He's good-looking, but he's no young Alain Delon or young Won Bin. Nonetheless his acting chops are reasonably better than those two in my opinion. During his 30s, he still managed to look somewhat boyish. Now that he's older, he's much manlier and rugged. KNG is born to do hardboiled or charming antihero characters -- I do hope he'll get involved in better film productions soon, not just drama series. 

I kinda hope that he will never do commercials. He can always be an executive producer (be Director Oh Seung ook's next film producer or something!) or a director. 

Btw can you pls explain to me how he got involved in a car accident? Was he the driver back then? Thanks!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, qwwwerty said:

I tried watching LUTYN with my sis before watching The Shameless and TFP. That mustache... lols. I just couldn't take him seriously. Funny I usually don't care about how actors should look like. But there's just something about him with a mustache that I cannot 'accept'. He looked wolfish!  Even if it's Ronald Colman-esque mustache...

In the end, my sis finished watching the whole series alone

He he he since you described his look as wolfish it reminded me of an interview where when asked to describe himself in 3 words one of the words he used is Wolf !!! If you discontinued watching it because you couldn't get past his look he gets rid of it all I guess midway:P he looks so handsome in the modern attire! He has divided the fandom between moustache lovers and the ones who hate the sight of it, I for one belong to the former:P

He's good-looking, but he's no young Alain Delon or young Won Bin. Nonetheless his acting chops are reasonably better than those two in my opinion. During his 30s, he still managed to look somewhat boyish. Now that he's older, he's much manlier and rugged. KNG is born to do hardboiled or charming antihero characters -- I do hope he'll get involved in better film productions soon, not just drama series.

Alian Delon is one of those  "looks attract personality keeps" such a gorgeous looking man but his personality has TRASH written all over it! Won Bin really has it all, its a shame that he is on such a long hiatus which has led me to believe that he might never make that impending comeback his fans are hopeful of! I think upto QSD KNG had that boyish aura going on for him, actually i felt the same way about him during Shark era too and I believe the reason for the moustache was to give him a mature look! He is certainly a good looking man but the word I always associate while describing him is charming, a man full of charm! Yeah I completely agree hardboiled and antihero character's suit him best, hopefully noted directors have taken notice of him if they haven't already since TTD is receiving acclaim even from the general public in Korea!

Btw can you pls explain to me how he got involved in a car accident? Was he the driver back then? Thanks!

There weren't any details about it or I couldn't find it(unfortunately most of his interviews are in Korean and there is no dedicated int fanbase who translates them) the only thing I could gather when I first heard is it was a hit and run case and he was hospitalized for about 6 months, man can't catch a break when it comes to accident's :(

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DrBooger said:

He he he since you described his look as wolfish it reminded me of an interview where when asked to describe himself in 3 words one of the words he used is Wolf !!! If you discontinued watching it because you couldn't get past his look he gets rid of it all I guess midway:P he looks so handsome in the modern attire! He has divided the fandom between moustache lovers and the ones who hate the sight of it, I for one belong to the former:P

He called himself a wolf, jinjja?! Then I have nothing else to add... LOL

Yeah, I did see the part where he had a makeover. He was a bit too skinny for my liking :) 

LOLS. I'm sure his mustache has some charm (just not to me, no offence, Mr. Kim). He was really quite famous circa 2009-2010. Even someone like me who is not completely into Kdramas and K-films, and never once watched his series/movies already knew who he was then. (I couldn't remember *how* though... LOL)  

45 minutes ago, DrBooger said:

Alian Delon is one of those  "looks attract personality keeps" such a gorgeous looking man but his personality has TRASH written all over it! Won Bin really has it all, its a shame that he is on such a long hiatus which has led me to believe that he might never make that impending comeback his fans are hopeful of! I think upto QSD KNG had that boyish aura going on for him, actually i felt the same way about him during Shark era too and I believe the reason for the moustache was to give him a mature look! He is certainly a good looking man but the word I always associate while describing him is charming, a man full of charm! Yeah I completely agree hardboiled and antihero character's suit him best, hopefully noted directors have taken notice of him if they haven't already since TTD is receiving acclaim even from the general public in Korea!

Alain Delon's kind of beauty is somewhat akin to his personality - cold-blooded type. He's like male version of Catherine Deneuve to me. Personality-wise, I suppose he's a product of his time? And WON BIN. Sigh. The man does not like to act. He probably has already forgotten how to act... 

To be honest, I think KNG's boyishness is his strong point. He's *very* lovable that way :) Yes. You and me have to pray harder, haha. Speaking of casting news, I just saw the news where JDY may consider a rom-com role! My JDY x KNG melo or rom-com or black comedy, whatever as long as they are the main leads. When  :bawling:  

1 hour ago, DrBooger said:

There weren't any details about it or I couldn't find it(unfortunately most of his interviews are in Korean and there is no dedicated int fanbase who translates them) the only thing I could gather when I first heard is it was a hit and run case and he was hospitalized for about 6 months, man can't catch a break when it comes to accident's :(

Wow, that mysterious??? If he got hit while crossing road, that's really extremely unlucky.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, qwwwerty said:

He called himself a wolf, jinjja?! Then I have nothing else to add... LOL

Yeah, I did see the part where he had a makeover. He was a bit too skinny for my liking :) 

From reading "Into the Wild", he went through a period after his accident (corrected - it was a ruptured knee ligament, along with short term amnesia) where he could not gain weight, no matter how much he ate.  It actually bothered him a lot.  When he is ill (and I think he had made himself ill from stress a few times), he can get painfully thin.  One of my current joys is the fact that over the last couple of years he has seemed so incredibly happy and healthy and relaxed.

BTW - in LUTYN, the  mustache goes away about halfway through.  In fact, it changes his face so much it was a bit of a shock.  I don't care for the mustache alone, but with the short beard I though he was quite handsome.  Different tastes!  I seem to like him barefaced, or with a mustache and beard, but not as much with the mustache alone.  Maturity has served him well - I think right now he is probably the best he has ever looked - but honestly I think the early 40's are best for a lot of people.  They still look young - but the face looks more like it has as story to tell.  For me it's the combination of his current maturity and his ability to still seem so childlike that melts me.

I could seem him with a writer or artist - or even a makeup artist or costumer.  I think he'd like to date out of the industry, but from his comments, I think previous experience has taught him that they don't understand the demands of the schedules.  Honestly - I wonder if he isn't seeing someone quietly.  Lately he has radiated contentment and energy.  He mentioned marriage is off the table for now, but that doesn't mean he's alone.  In some ways it would break my heart (HA! As if!)  but mostly it warms my heart to see him looking so joyous.

Just when I thought I could not love him more.  I had read a while ago that he was looking at the empty house project in Tonyeong City, but the details are going to be showing.

He has always had an amazing work ethic, but lately he's seemed on overdrive!

Edited by Robbin Koenig
Updated information
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

59 minutes ago, Robbin Koenig said:

He has always had an amazing work ethic, but lately he's seemed on overdrive!

He is working as if he has a family to feed!! KNG you aren't really hiding anything from us right?:lol:       

Since he heads an NGO, I wonder if he has met someone in the same field, it would be cool to date a person who share similar value's !   The whole JNR  dating fiasco which went down a few years back, though I knew the rumor's were completely fabricated and unfounded, I actually dug them as a couple because JNR is into philanthropy as well :)            

7 hours ago, qwwwerty said:

Speaking of casting news, I just saw the news where JDY may consider a rom-com role! My JDY x KNG melo or rom-com or black comedy, whatever as long as they are the main leads. When

I am manifesting this so hard, with his current projects which are lined up one after the other, this seems like a distant possibility :(

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

9 hours ago, Robbin Koenig said:

From reading "Into the Wild", he went through a period after his accident (corrected - it was a ruptured knee ligament, along with short term amnesia) where he could not gain weight, no matter how much he ate.  It actually bothered him a lot.  When he is ill (and I think he had made himself ill from stress a few times), he can get painfully thin.  One of my current joys is the fact that over the last couple of years he has seemed so incredibly happy and healthy and relaxed.

BTW - in LUTYN, the  mustache goes away about halfway through.  In fact, it changes his face so much it was a bit of a shock.  I don't care for the mustache alone, but with the short beard I though he was quite handsome.  Different tastes!  I seem to like him barefaced, or with a mustache and beard, but not as much with the mustache alone.  Maturity has served him well - I think right now he is probably the best he has ever looked - but honestly I think the early 40's are best for a lot of people.  They still look young - but the face looks more like it has as story to tell.  For me it's the combination of his current maturity and his ability to still seem so childlike that melts me.

Just read about it last night and thought no wonder he was so thin... But then I remember his figure wasn't that stick-thin circa 'No Regrets/Lee Han era'. He was really especially thin after he achieved some fame, post-Bidam era (and then LUTYN era). Also, he's suffering Meniere's disease (not very sure how life-threatening this disease is). 

Yes, you're right about the 'combination of his current maturity and his ability to still seem so childlike' -- that trait is super charming. Can't imagine how charming this guy in real life is. He's one huge paradox: someone who can exudes both melancholy and positive vibes.  I seriously think he'll continue to look good until his early 50s :D 

It'd be good, of course if he's in a relationship :D 

Regarding 'Into the Wild',  I like 'Pager' the best. It shows how innocent  and straightforward this man really is when it comes to love. 

8 hours ago, DrBooger said:

I am manifesting this so hard, with his current projects which are lined up one after the other, this seems like a distant possibility :(

:bawling:  KNG is too busy, yes I understand. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1