[Drama 2023-2024] Elegant Empire - 우아한 제국 - Mon to Fri @ 7:50 KST

0ly40

Well the last few episodes are clearly telegraphing a kumbaya ending ...

- KY is clearly in love with JK ... so even when she reveals herself/gets exposed, he's bound to do something noble in her defense ... he'll still go to jail for killing YK, but JK will end up sticking by him for Soo-A's sake.

- Na is clearly in love with JT ... what I can't figure out is why he doesn't take control of the situation? Yes, he arranged for JT to meet KY to help exact revenge, but he had nothing to do with JK's attempted murder, and a few pics outside in broad daylight won't change that ... if he wants to save JT, he can threaten to expose JK not only her identity, but her art scam as well. 

- JT's Mom remembers her so we're bound for a reunion sooner or later. Perhaps they'll head back to the states as the mother mentioned ... maybe Na goes with them.

- Puppy Oppa's Mom & Elder actor ( still NO ) but after todays episode in the hospital, she's bound to start treating him nicer ... but since she's terminal, maybe she helps him get back with Assemblyman's wife.

- Bit Na is still faithfully devoted to Puppy Oppa ... and I approve

:approves:

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

Anyone else think this drama is one of the worst we’ve had in a while? I think even Gold Mask was better lol. It’s not even just the acting or whatever the storyline is just so boring and even the side characters have stories of that of a plastic cardboard ugh. At least I found the ML’s mom and her brother kinda funny in Gold Mask. Only character I like in this drama is Assemblyman’s wife. All the other slots were ok to great but this one is just terrible. I miss Woman in a Veil and Vengeance of the Bride lol

• Like 3

So... now that GY's father doesn't remember that GY and JK alreay got married... are they going have Ju-Kyung who is pretending to be Hee Jae preted to be Ju-Kyung? 

Basically... JK has to pretend to be HJ pretending to be JK. Does that make sense?  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

7 hours ago, kboramint said:

So... now that GY's father doesn't remember that GY and JK alreay got married... are they going have Ju-Kyung who is pretending to be Hee Jae preted to be Ju-Kyung? 

Basically... JK has to pretend to be HJ pretending to be JK. Does that make sense?  

This writer is too ambitious. Twist here and there. 
just stick to the story and pathetic revenges. 

On 10/29/2023 at 7:16 AM, LeftCoastOppa said:

KY is clearly in love with JK ... so even when she reveals herself/gets exposed, he's bound to do something noble in her defense ... he'll still go to jail for killing YK, but JK will end up sticking by him for Soo-A's sake.

Her acting is terrible. Isn’t she supposed to be in live with WH? She’s like a mother or younger aunt when she’s with him.

If she’s going to do anything for SA, it shouldn’t be a revenge, it would hurt her. But in the last few episodes, anything she did was for SA? Just get rid of JT. 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, maribella said:

Her acting is terrible. Isn’t she supposed to be in live with WH? She’s like a mother or younger aunt when she’s with him.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

8 hours ago, kboramint said:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around keeping him alive when KY tried to kill him in the first place. 

On a more positive note, it looks like they're going to circle back to Eun Ha now that KY knows she and JT were sisters.

Blue Bloods GIF by CBS

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around keeping him alive when KY tried to kill him in the first place. 

You know before KY's actor was replaced. They purposily not show who poisioned the IV. I thought they would reveal that in the device that is hidden inside the Teddy Bear and JK would be the one to find out. No, they just decided to show who did it in a flashback.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

On a more positive note, it looks like they're going to circle back to Eun Ha now that KY knows she and JT were sisters.

Circle back to EH? She’s like dead, no? Not even the kdrama IV can bring her back. 

Let’s move on. There are more than 50 episodes left. JT is still as crazy as a loon, KY is in love with his ex whom he thinks is rich ( is she really rich after scamming him and JT?) and KY’s father is still alive. They only need to change the actor to KY and we can start all over again. :lol:

• LOL 3

3 hours ago, maribella said:

Circle back to EH? She’s like dead, no? Not even the kdrama IV can bring her back. 

Careful now, we thought the father was dead, and a Kdrama IV brought him out of a vegetative state so .... :rolleyes:

Actually what I meant was Circle back and give us an explanation on how she died - Was it KY? Was it the Assemblyman? Was it both? ... or did she really just off herself.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Actually what I meant was Circle back and give us an explanation on how she died - Was it KY? Was it the Assemblyman? Was it both? ... or did she really just off herself.

I think it was both the Assemblyman and KY. They were both part of the prostitute ring.  As shown in the photo on the phone. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

@partyon , @joccu @kingpin@LeftCoastOppa@TheQueenReturns , @liyahsbutterfly @maribella @Lmangla  @backstreetboysfan finally his abs is here :mrgreen:

the guy need to cool down after he learn who Jacqueline sister is :D

IMG-4336.gif

five second later - nothing bath can’t solve :phew:

IMG-4334.gif

:Megalol:There are so many threads that I am not sure if there is a revenge somewhere, so get the abs guy to take a bath - a bubble bath too, to distract us. It’s barely halfway.

They are turning KY into a serial attempted killer, there is no way he is going to end up with the FL.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

THEORY:

I'm starting to think that JK is the Chairman's biological daughter and GY's mother was the one that drove his first wife and JK's mother out.

He later found out that he had a daughter after JK's mother had died, and went to the orphanage to support/sponsor her. When she became an adult, he gave her a job and even made her chairman. Also, knowing that GY was not blood related, he even tried to have her marry his step-son.     

The way GY reacted towards Jackie when he found out that she's Eun Ha's sister, it makes me suspicous that he killed Eun Ha.   

• Like 5

7 hours ago, kboramint said:

THEORY:

I'm starting to think that JK is the Chairman's biological daughter and GY's mother was the one that drove his first wife and JK's mother out.

He later found out that he had a daughter after JK's mother had died, and went to the orphanage to support/sponsor her. When she became an adult, he gave her a job and even made her chairman. Also, knowing that GY was not blood related, he even tried to have her marry his step-son.     

The way GY reacted towards Jackie when he found out that she's Eun Ha's sister, it makes me suspicous that he killed Eun Ha.   

Why wouldn’t he just bring his daughter home? Or send her to be raised in Meeguk?

• Like 1