[Drama 2023] Brain Works / Brain Cooperation, 두뇌공조 - Jung Yong Hwa, Cha Tae Hyun

partyon

Hi all... I am watching and enjoying this drama too. 

:joy: agree that for a genius like SHR, he sure acts quite stupidly. Rashly, without thinking everything through his brain. Ironic, lol, for an expert in brains. I am sure that GMS is undercover, either as the client, or just coaching the girl, who is also going undercover, on what to say.

It goes to show that mastering the brainworks alone is not enough, people need to engage the heart as well. And yes, I am ready for him to move on and be really part of team/partnership. 

• Blob 3

Finally getting to watch Episode 5 and I'm laughing so hard at GMS in a wheelchair and the Proxy pressing on his legs and tickling his feet. And Team Captain trying so hard to keep her composure. Don't know how they all filmed that while keeping straight faces. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Finally watched Episode 6 and besides my eye roll at SHR's sting operation at the awards ceremony, I thought it was a great wrap-up to episode 5. All the acting is really quite good; today I was impressed by the cult victim, the little girl's mom. I'm so, so glad that SHR stopped her from calling him "Savior" any longer - for a moment I was worried he would feed that. The little girl was safe, the mom hopefully has a new direction in life (she should REALLY go to therapy - poor thing lost her husband, too), and the Proxy was arrested for all her crimes.

Nice to see the team being smart and clever as always - it's so satisfying. And the poor hapless Chief who always has to compete with SHR for attention. Hee hee. I've liked that actor since I watched Healer, and he's very entertaining in this one, too.

• Blob 3

Here are the ratings for Episode 7! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Missing: The Other Side 2” Ratings Soar To New All-Time High Ahead of Finale

Episode 7 of KBS2’s “Brain Works” scored an average nationwide rating of 4.0 percent, seeing a small dip from its previous episode’s rating of 4.3 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1564825wpp/missing-the-other-side-2-ratings-soar-to-new-all-time-high-ahead-of-finale

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 8! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Missing: The Other Side 2” Ends On A High Note With New Personal Best In Ratings

Meanwhile, KBS2’s “Brain Works” achieved an average nationwide rating of 3.3 percent, seeing a small dip from its previous episode’s score of 4.0 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1564961wpp/missing-the-other-side-2-ends-on-a-high-note-with-new-personal-best-in-ratings

• Like 1

Episode 7 was so much fun! :sparklyeyes:

I couldn't stop laughing out loud many times. Am glad we got a bit more humor in this episode.

I think Ha Ru really should give up already trying to get revenge. Even after scanning Myung Se's brain, he still seems to want to paint the picture that Myung Se is a corrupt. :D

Team Leader really has the hots for Myung Se. Almost everyone does. Except for Ha Ru.

And I am really interested to see if they are going to find a love interest for Ha Ru - they heavily hinted that in today's episode.

Toddlers And Tiaras Reaction GIF

• LOL 3

Watched ep 8 as well. It's weird how uneven this drama is with regard to its writing. Ep 7 was brilliant, but ep 8 was again draggy.

Oh well, speaking of the devil, it seems that we will be getting some romance in this drama anyway. :glasses:

@joccu @the_sweetroad @Idylla Kaizoku @ktcjdrama @nohamahamoud2002 @backstreetboysfan Are you still watching this drama?

• Like 1
  • Blob 4

Finished Episode 7 today and enjoyed it a lot. It had a nice balance of crime, mystery, romantic feelings flying around, and humor. Cherri gave me the heebie jeebies a bit, though.

On 2/1/2023 at 8:31 PM, partyon said:

Team Leader really has the hots for Myung Se. Almost everyone does. Except for Ha Ru.

And it was great when that high school girl got up on stage and praised Myung Se for helping her turn her life around. Haha. Ha Ru was so annoyed. :D

I really loved the lunch scene when Myung Se's ex-wife and Captain Seul were making evil eyes at each other. Neither has an official claim on GMS but they can each tell that the other one wants him. I wonder when GMS will wake up and realize Capt Seul likes him.

It's interesting that GMS is altruistic toward everyone except his ex-wife. There's some bitterness and edginess whenever he talks about her, or to her.

• Love 3

Here are the ratings for Episode 9! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Our Blooming Youth” Premieres To No. 1 Ratings

Meanwhile, episode 9 of KBS2’s “Brain Works” achieved an average nationwide rating of 3.9 percent, seeing a slight increase from its previous episode’s rating of 3.3 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1565632wpp/our-blooming-youth-premieres-to-no-1-ratings

Here are the ratings for Episode 10! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Brain Works” Climbs Back Up In Ratings As “Our Blooming Youth” And “Trolley” Follow Close Behind

The Monday-Tuesday drama ratings race has become fiercer!

According to Nielsen Korea, the February 7 broadcast of KBS2’s “Brain Works” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 3.7 percent. Despite a slight decrease from its previous episode’s rating of 3.9 percent, it was the No. 1 Monday-Tuesday drama of the night.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1565741wpp/brain-works-climbs-back-up-in-ratings-as-our-blooming-youth-and-trolley-follow-close-behind

• Like 1

@ktcjdrama @nohamahamoud2002 @the_sweetroad @backstreetboysfan @Idylla Kaizoku

Omo! Ep 9 and 10 were so good. This drama is just getting better :kiss_wink:

The story with the brothers was so heartbreaking. :brokenheart:

But I really enjoyed the story - the episodes were well written.

Our Dr Brain is starting to soften up too... And the love confession Team Leader gave to Myung Se.  :joy: I did like that she said that she wanted to do it before she turns back to her timid self.

Myung Se's face when she asked if he was worried she'll be a bad stepmom, just to tell him next that she can easily subdue a teenager.

:loolz:

Loved how they talked it out in the end, though. Team Leader <3 Myung Se - fighting! :hwaiting:

Looks like Haru's aunt knows something about Haru's parents' accident.

:notsureifserious:

• Like 2
  • Love 1