Soompi Forum Awards: The Most Memorable Characters, The Worst Drama Endings, The Most 'Too Stupid to Live' (TSTL) Characters of 2022 - Poll #3

confusedheart

Soompi Forum Awards: The Most Memorable Characters, The Worst Drama Endings, The Most 'Too Stupid to Live' Characters of 2022 - Poll #3  

74 members have voted

1. 1. The Most Memorable Characters of 2022 (Pick your top 5)

• Alchemy of Souls - The Crown Prince (Shin Seung Ho)
    • All of Us Are Dead - Lee Su-hyeok (Lomon)
    • Big Mouth - Gong Ji-hoon (Yang Kyung Won)
    • Business Proposal - Jo Yoo Jung - The girl with no chingus (Seo Hye Won)
    • Café Minamdang - Gong Soo-cheol (Kwak Shi Yang)
    • Curtain Call - Ri Moon-sung (Steven Noh)
    • Extraordinary Attorney Woo - Jung Myung-seok (Jung Myung Seok)
    • Gaus Electronics - Aziz (Sazal Kim)
    • Love Twist - Hwang Mi Ja (Oh Young Shil)
    • Under the Queen's Umbrella - Grand Prince Gye Sung  (Yoon Seon Ho)
    • Military Prosecutor Doberman - Commander Noh Hwa-young (Oh Yeon Soo)
    • Blind - Jung In Sung (Park Ji Bin)
    • Our Blues - Bang Young-joo (Roh Yoon Seo)
    • Reborn Rich - haraboji grandpa (Lee Sung Min)
    • The Glory - Ha Do-yeong (Jung Sung Il)
    • Through the Darkness - Gook Young-soo (Jin Seon Kyu)
    • Tomorrow - Park Joong-gil (Lee Soo Hyuk)
    • Twenty-Five Twenty-One - Go Yu-rim/Julia Ko (Bona)
    • Yumi's cells - All the cells
    • All/ None / Anything else. Please comment
  2. 2. The Worst Drama Endings of 2022 (Pick your top 5)

• Curtain Call
    • Big Mouth
    • Tomorrow
    • Again My Life
    • Reborn Rich
    • Eve
    • Adamas
    • Twenty Five Twenty One
    • Woori the Virgin
    • Alchemy of Souls S1
    • Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce) S3
    • All of us are Dead
    • Money Heist: Korea - Joint Economic Area
    • Little Women
    • Kiss Sixth Sense
    • Jinxed at First
    • Love is for Suckers
    • None of the Above/Something Else (Please Mention)
  3. 3. The Most 'Too Stupid to Live' Characters of 2022 (Pick your top 5)

• Big Mouth - Go Mi Ho (Yoon Ah)
    • Gaus Electronics - Hae Young (Lee So Hee)
    • All of Us Are Dead - Nam On Jo (Park Ji Hoo)
    • Alchemy of Souls - Park Jin (Yoo Joon Sang)
    • Love feat. Marriage and Divorce - Ghost of Grandpa
    • Woori the Virgin - Oh Woo Ri (Im Soo Hyang)
    • Jinxed at First - Lee Seul Bi (Seo Hyun)
    • Thirty-Nine - Cha Mi Jo (Son Ye Jin)
    • Now We're Breaking Up - Ha Yeung Eun (Song Hye Kyo)
    • Twenty Five - Twenty One - Moon Ji Woong (Choi Hyun Wook)
    • My Liberation Notes - Yeom Gi Jeong (Lee El)
    • Tomorrow - Choi Joon Woong (Rowoon)
    • Love is for Suckers - Park Jae Hoon (Choi Si Won) and Goo Yu Reum (Lee Da Hee)
    • Reborn Rich - Yoon Hyun Woo (Song Joong Ki)
    • Eve - Kang Yoon Kyum (Park Byung-Eun)
    • Welcome to Wedding Hell - Kim Na Eun (Lee Yun Hee)
    • None of the above / Someone else? Who?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/18/2023 at 05:00 PM

20 hours ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

I was really impressed by grandpa's character. Not agree with him on any ground, fining him old-fashioned and a little bit crud, but he was a man who of confidence, of the will to fight and make his world the way he wanted. Or it's what I've got from six episodes (five to be honest, he wasn't long in the first one) I've saw. Still voted for him for the creation and the complexity of being a human being. 

Agreed. He was one of the best and memorable characters. How do you feel about the ending? Many people feel cheated and suggest the book over the drama. 

20 hours ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

Guy with choking fetish, who steal literally every scene he was in, even if the total minutes of his appearance could be counted on two hands. I really liked him and find his story line to be wasted. The potential of PJG! 

I didn't watch it but @partyon flooded the chats with his gifs. He has amazing acting skills and his good looks do help a lot too.

I remember both @partyon and @Sleepy Owl being disappointed with the ending. What are your thoughts, chingu? 

18 hours ago, agenth said:

But this guy stole my heart. He needs to win some kind of award for this masterful performance. Yeah, Granpa really was a hard character to sympathise with, considering he is super rich and powerful - but the way he was portrayed did make him the main star of the show. I haven't ever seen such a good rich person portrayal in a long, long time. He was larger than life - but the actor also showed him as a human.

He did. His character was lot more interesting than Song Joong-ki, IMO. 

18 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Seo Hye Won was just too adorable in Business Proposal :wub:  I really wish they'd make a spin-off with her role as lead. 

A contender for your next favourite actress,chingu? 

*** NOTE TO EO's ***  For the voting entry for Our Blues you have Lee Young Ok (Ha Ji Min) listed (my Ultimate Noona) :wub: but under descriptions for Our Blues you have Bang Young-joo (Roh Yoon Seo)

Thank you. I sometimes feel like I am one of those Korean leads who have issues identifying faces. @partyon can vouch for it. I have recently made a spectacle of myself, quite publicly. 

I didn't vote in the Too Stupid To Live poll - no one annoyed me that much :lol:

OMO! Not even the characters from the daily dramas? 

This pretty much says it all - How do you create such a powerfully awesome character and then not use them?  Such a waste.

I think it will be a tough competition between the grandfather in Rebon Rich and the Grim Reaper , aka Joong Gil. 

18 hours ago, partyon said:

Can I just reiterate how much Rowoon's character deserves to be on the TSTL list this year? :emmm:

He has been regularly featuring in our lists, chingu. I remember adding him last year too. :bashful:

18 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Will come back later to vote. :eats2:

PSJ! He is definitely going to be a strong contender this year. 

What disappointed you most about 25-21?

16 hours ago, africandramalover said:

Stop with the Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce) S3 slander!!!:sweat_smile::joy: that was an elite drama and I want my S4!!!

Chingu, no words! You survived the onslaught!:wut:

Worship GIFs | Tenor

• LOL 5
  • Blob 1

16 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

He was such an unexpected character and brought a lot of humor to the show.

Both  @partyon and @Sleepy Owl suggested his name and it is delightful to see international actors getting an opportunity in the Korean industry. I think last time we saw such a representation was in Squid Game. 

Anyway, so as I was reading his interviews, what I loved about him was his ability to laugh at himself and find humour in any situation. That really made me a big fan of his. 

16 hours ago, maribella said:

What kind of reincarnation is that? Transmogrification? Transmutation? It is just less ludicrous than Bobby Ewing being dead for a year and it was just a dream. Only oldies who remember Dallas will know this part.

Chingu, this got to be the year of reincarnation. 

That of course carries us to too stupid to live. Hyoon Woo. But I prefer 'undeserving' here.

You are mellowing down, chingu. Just 'underserved'? 

I like the ending for Eve. :grimace:

Chingu, what's your theory of the ending? What actually happened? Was that a 'dream' sequence? Iwould love to know because everyone has a different interpretation of it.  

10 hours ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

Can I vote again? I'd just found "the candidate" to the worst ending...

Who Is Caspar Jopling? - Ellie Goulding's Husband Facts

10 hours ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

Time travel/reincarnation story turned out to be some dream and whatever happens in the story so far wasn't happen, but it still matter and everyone behaves like they actually where private to that dream events.

This actually reminds me of this psychological thriller I read, 'Behind Her Eyes' - Dream sequences where she finds out  better not give any spoilers. 

6 hours ago, madmad min said:

MENTORS LIKE HIM ARE HARD TO FIND.

TRUE GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

6 hours ago, madmad min said:

All of Yumi's Cells, Lol no competition but I hugely missed her Kpop Band Group Cells this season :(

Who was your favourite, the cell? 

1 hour ago, pompyavi said:

I sacrificed my sleep for that but what a letdown it turned out to be. And all the characters turned out to be stupid in Grid.

That's the thing, chingu. We get so invested and then they disappoint us so much. What did you love the most about 'Our Liberation Notes'? 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, confusedheart said:

How do you feel about the ending? Many people feel cheated and suggest the book over the drama. 

Didn't watch the ending (dropped it at ep6), but from what I've read it wasn't exactly satisfying. "It was all a dream, but somehow everything played out just lit it was real" concept of the ending of the time travel trope is not the "right way" to finish the story (and I mean my personal dense of "right way", not necessary general sentiment). I think it'd be more natural flow of action if the reincarnation turned out to be the final one, and the old life left behind - not to leave everything, grown up again, then leave it behind, and get back to the previous line. Chaos and unfulfillment. 

• Awesome 1
  • Blob 4

9 minutes ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

Didn't watch the ending (dropped it at ep6), but from what I've read it wasn't exactly satisfying. "It was all a dream, but somehow everything played out just lit it was real" concept of the ending of the time travel trope is not the "right way" to finish the story (and I mean my personal dense of "right way", not necessary general sentiment). I think it'd be more natural flow of action if the reincarnation turned out to be the final one, and the old life left behind - not to leave everything, grown up again, then leave it behind, and get back to the previous line. Chaos and unfulfillment. 

Chingu, I think K-dramas are ushering in a new Nolan-like phase- almost Inception kind.  

Best Inception GIFs | Gfycat

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 4
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, confusedheart said:

That's the thing, chingu. We get so invested and then they disappoint us so much. What did you love the most about 'Our Liberation Notes'? 

It really hit me hard chingu. When Mi Jeong says that she does not know when things got bad but she is not happy nor unhappy. Also when Gu says that he hates the sight of people and they really tire him out. That is literally me. Not with everyone but with almost everyone LOL. Well, I felt like someone is showing me a mirror.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

27 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

Chingu, I think K-dramas are ushering in a new Nolan-like phase- almost Inception kind.

In Cobb case it was a natural turn of events, he was just rushing towards his own misery and that ambiguous ending felt good, but k-dramas are lacking than feeling of doom being the ending that character is heading naturally, consciously in a way. 

(if we're talking about Inception, Memento is another concept I love that makes the mind pleasantly confusing) :)

• Awesome 1
  • Blob 5

5 minutes ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

(if we're talking about Inception, Memento is another concept I love that makes the mind pleasantly confusing) :)

Yeah, agreed. But k-dramas are mind boggling and not in s pleasant way. :isannoyed:

13 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

It really hit me hard chingu. When Mi Jeong says that she does not know when things got bad but she is not happy nor unhappy. Also when Gu says that he hates the sight of people and they really tire him out. That is literally me. Not with everyone but with almost everyone LOL. Well, I felt like someone is showing me a mirror.

Just hang in there chingu. I hope this year is kinder to 

Friend Hugs GIF - Friend Hugs Cute - Discover & Share GIFs

• Love 3
  • Blob 3

2 hours ago, confusedheart said:

Nolan?!?!? :scream: Chingu, we are still far from Nolan and Inception in quality. :sweats:

@pompyavi You are back! :smooches3:Your oppa didn't feature in any dramas in 2022, did he?

20 hours ago, africandramalover said:

Stop with the Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce) S3 slander!!!:sweat_smile::joy: that was an elite drama and I want my S4!!!

Chingu...

Despicable Me Reaction GIF

• LOL 7

9 hours ago, confusedheart said:

You are mellowing down, chingu. Just 'underserved'? 

On 1/12/2023 at 6:37 AM, maribella said:

I like the ending for Eve. :grimace:

Chingu, what's your theory of the ending? What actually happened? Was that a 'dream' sequence? Iwould love to know because everyone has a different interpretation of it.  

19 hours ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

HW the surviving Song Jung Ki was from a poor family with a pathetic father and overworked mother. Then he blackmailed the Chaebols' chief secretary to get a job as one of their secretaries which effectively turned him into a 'hound', then they framed him, he was shot in the head for that. He should just die and let DJ the youngest grandson to continue the buying and takeover of the corp.

HW recovered after one, yes one, week and came back to Korea with a new attitude and wardrobe. He really doesn't deserve to live again just because he was paid to park his lorry in the road that precipitated DJ's fatal accident. He was a stooge so to speak, let him go to his dead mum peacefully.

The actual ending is just like many things in kdrama:  like it or lump it. Many posters seem to think/agree that it was redemption as the episode was called for HW. The oldest grandson or his underling paid a financially struggling HW who was not part of the corp yet to block his lane. So he had contributed to DJ's death. No jury or judge will hold him responsible in any way, maybe a parking ticket. That is such a weak reason to bring him back. I think it was the producer's/writer's attempt to make viewers remember the show by changing the ending. 

Eve's ending is very clearcut to me. The man knew he had participated in his wife's deadly crimes, the FL had used him and he later allowed her to continue using him for her revenge. He loved her and perhaps experienced true love for once, after being married for years to the super-rich psycho wife, and he died protecting Eve. She may or may not marry the besotted congressman. That's life. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

my 3 most memorable k-drama characters :hooray:

(Lee Sung Min)Reborn Rich hands down  he nail it his role

e72e978f65c9da642d5859c476d20b756c70708b.gifv

Spoiler

e0da6962cba69596c2e4f231b094ff3a7a86e074.gifv

The Crown Prince (Shin Seung Ho)

868f4cc4415e478326693a23a67d8d8b86cc0d25.gifv

the 3rd  one  mainly for his  visual presence:Pandabulous:

Tomorrow - Park Joong-gil (Lee Soo Hyuk)

67512bd981290fcc011d9e7ea458bac6e5c5dbfe.gifv

Spoiler

4e0c183ee0e006abc958fdf9626eb05d65cff8be.gifv

run a way walk

b9e25bc94e855c9c57635eef5b3357f1222c099f.gifv

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 1

11 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Grandpa ghost for the win!  :joy:

Hattie McDaniel Looks Surprised (formerly a GIF) | Funny gif, Surprise  face, Dancing animated gif

A petition against anymore seasons of that drama! We had enough of that ghost grandpa. 

No More GIFs | Tenor

15 hours ago, maribella said:

Eve's ending is very clearcut to me. The man knew he had participated in his wife's deadly crimes, the FL had used him and he later allowed her to continue using him for her revenge. He loved her and perhaps experienced true love for once, after being married for years to the super-rich psycho wife, and he died protecting Eve. She may or may not marry the besotted congressman. That's life. 

Chingu, don't you think he was an easy prey? An easy target. How easily he fell for her! I found that a bit difficult to believe. 

13 hours ago, Learry said:

(Lee Sung Min)Reborn Rich hands down  he nail it his role

He has become my favourite 'grandfather', way better than the ghastly ghost of a grandfather from Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce) @MayanEcho and @africandramalover , discover a better 'grandfather' in Reborn Rich. Forget the ghost grandfather. 

Please GIF by Reactions | Gfycat

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, pompyavi said:

@partyonUnnie how are you? Missed YOU

Missed you too dongsaeng! :7555_attack:

11 hours ago, pompyavi said:

My oppa will feature in sacred divorce. But I do not have a good feeling about the show.

Oh no! Why not? Another Sisyphus you think?

• Like 1
  • Blob 3