Soompi Forum Awards: The Most Memorable Characters, The Worst Drama Endings, The Most 'Too Stupid to Live' (TSTL) Characters of 2022 - Poll #3

confusedheart

Soompi Forum Awards: The Most Memorable Characters, The Worst Drama Endings, The Most 'Too Stupid to Live' Characters of 2022 - Poll #3  

74 members have voted

1. 1. The Most Memorable Characters of 2022 (Pick your top 5)

• Alchemy of Souls - The Crown Prince (Shin Seung Ho)
    • All of Us Are Dead - Lee Su-hyeok (Lomon)
    • Big Mouth - Gong Ji-hoon (Yang Kyung Won)
    • Business Proposal - Jo Yoo Jung - The girl with no chingus (Seo Hye Won)
    • Café Minamdang - Gong Soo-cheol (Kwak Shi Yang)
    • Curtain Call - Ri Moon-sung (Steven Noh)
    • Extraordinary Attorney Woo - Jung Myung-seok (Jung Myung Seok)
    • Gaus Electronics - Aziz (Sazal Kim)
    • Love Twist - Hwang Mi Ja (Oh Young Shil)
    • Under the Queen's Umbrella - Grand Prince Gye Sung  (Yoon Seon Ho)
    • Military Prosecutor Doberman - Commander Noh Hwa-young (Oh Yeon Soo)
    • Blind - Jung In Sung (Park Ji Bin)
    • Our Blues - Bang Young-joo (Roh Yoon Seo)
    • Reborn Rich - haraboji grandpa (Lee Sung Min)
    • The Glory - Ha Do-yeong (Jung Sung Il)
    • Through the Darkness - Gook Young-soo (Jin Seon Kyu)
    • Tomorrow - Park Joong-gil (Lee Soo Hyuk)
    • Twenty-Five Twenty-One - Go Yu-rim/Julia Ko (Bona)
    • Yumi's cells - All the cells
    • All/ None / Anything else. Please comment
  2. 2. The Worst Drama Endings of 2022 (Pick your top 5)

• Curtain Call
    • Big Mouth
    • Tomorrow
    • Again My Life
    • Reborn Rich
    • Eve
    • Adamas
    • Twenty Five Twenty One
    • Woori the Virgin
    • Alchemy of Souls S1
    • Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce) S3
    • All of us are Dead
    • Money Heist: Korea - Joint Economic Area
    • Little Women
    • Kiss Sixth Sense
    • Jinxed at First
    • Love is for Suckers
    • None of the Above/Something Else (Please Mention)
  3. 3. The Most 'Too Stupid to Live' Characters of 2022 (Pick your top 5)

• Big Mouth - Go Mi Ho (Yoon Ah)
    • Gaus Electronics - Hae Young (Lee So Hee)
    • All of Us Are Dead - Nam On Jo (Park Ji Hoo)
    • Alchemy of Souls - Park Jin (Yoo Joon Sang)
    • Love feat. Marriage and Divorce - Ghost of Grandpa
    • Woori the Virgin - Oh Woo Ri (Im Soo Hyang)
    • Jinxed at First - Lee Seul Bi (Seo Hyun)
    • Thirty-Nine - Cha Mi Jo (Son Ye Jin)
    • Now We're Breaking Up - Ha Yeung Eun (Song Hye Kyo)
    • Twenty Five - Twenty One - Moon Ji Woong (Choi Hyun Wook)
    • My Liberation Notes - Yeom Gi Jeong (Lee El)
    • Tomorrow - Choi Joon Woong (Rowoon)
    • Love is for Suckers - Park Jae Hoon (Choi Si Won) and Goo Yu Reum (Lee Da Hee)
    • Reborn Rich - Yoon Hyun Woo (Song Joong Ki)
    • Eve - Kang Yoon Kyum (Park Byung-Eun)
    • Welcome to Wedding Hell - Kim Na Eun (Lee Yun Hee)
    • None of the above / Someone else? Who?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/18/2023 at 05:00 PM

On 1/13/2023 at 8:05 PM, Idylla Kaizoku said:

Do you have same sort of list of vids on every occasion featuring PJG? 

No, YouTube is filled with them. :joy:

But let me share a clip of Aziz from Gaus Electronics instead. :kiss_wink:

• LOL 5
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, pompyavi said:

The writer is not that good. Her previous drama 39 was okay okay types

I really wanted to love 39. But I found it depressing. It had a lot of potential. I liked the stories but it became super depressing after insert spoilers was revealed in one of the friends.:pensive:

17 hours ago, madmad min said:

Hunger Cell lmao...And the one that says below, Sensitivity Cell I think haha

Ah the havoc it can wreck both in RL and in virtual life !:grimace:

18 hours ago, rocher22 said:

- Weak Hero - Suho (CHW)

You are now officially my favourite person here on Soompi. @partyon FYI  :Pandabulous:

Cartoon Kiss GIF | Gfycat

• LOL 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

The Worst Drama Endings

Weak Hero...    Suho...   :hwaiting2:

The poll

The Most TSTL Characters

Hmm... Seulbi and Ji Woong...    I liked them...    :sweatingbullets:  

JiWoong - ''eyes on me''....     :D

FOWtJ_haAAI5a34?format=jpg&name=360x360

FOWtKAGakAMpVBz?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Awesome 3

On 1/14/2023 at 12:20 AM, confusedheart said:

Chingu, don't you think he was an easy prey? An easy target. How easily he fell for her! I found that a bit difficult to believe. 

They made it as if they were fated to meet, in S America then in Korea. Can you fight fate? In or outside Kdrama. 
:smile:

Really, a middleaged, unhappily married man is not a difficult target. Getting him to divorce or leave his wife may be difficult but to get him 'involved' is not. That was all Eve wanted for her revenge. Bummer was when they fell in love.

• Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

For most memorable I'd pick Naksu over the crown prince, girl had me in a chokehold the moment she appeared on screen, literally the reason I watched the show lol.

As for All of us are dead none because I forgot that I even watched the show that's how disappointing it was lmao.

Other memorable characters would be Jin Hogae from The first responders, idk why his concept is not really new but he was so much fun. Steve from Unicorn with his pathetic crying (and it's Shin Hakyun duh). Hayoung from Through the darkness.

Worst drama endings: Curtain Call and I didn't even really finish watching but just read what happened, Twenty Five Twenty One, we knew it was coming but it was so dumb, All of us are dead killed the only likeable main character.

• Awesome 3

For me surely the most memorable character was the Girl with no Chingus

cSVQhuQ.gif

@LeftCoastOppa Chingu would agree :piggydance:

But I believe my most favorite character would be Jung Myung Seok from Extraordinary Lawyer. I started off drama thinking he would be the one troubling FL the most, but instead he became the best sunbae and team leader she could ever have by supporting her. Not something most of us expected I believe. 

There are 2 characters that I missed on while voting, but will mention them instead:

1. Park Joong Gil - One of the characters in 2022 who deserved to have a lot more screen time. This guy was my favorite character in that drama. Lee Soo Hyuk did such a great job while acting this guy, and I really wanted him to have more plot involvement. 

2. Grand Prince Gye Sung - He was a special character for me. We don't always see characters like him kdramas, forget the Sageuks. The last time we saw a similar character was in Graceful Family where one of the sons would cross dress secretly. Also the way they handled this in a Sageuk was great. The fact that the Queen was shocked initially but accepted her son as he was, and even made sure that he knew about it was great. It was no simple thing back in Joseon, he could actually get executed for that, and still seeing him being accepted by his mother and in the end deciding to leave the palace to live freely was great for me. 

I hope we see more characters like this in kdramas. 

Now talking about worst drama endings, I think for me these 2 dramas had the worst ending:

1. 25 21 - I think this one had the worst ending. I just feel like the writer wanted to have a sad ending, and thus went for the bad ending. Now, sad endings are not bad endings for me, I have tons of dramas in my favorite list who had very sad ending, but none of them ended like this. It felt like someone else wrote the final ep actually. The leads broke up while still knowing they were so much in love and that they could just a small break since they were so young. Nope, they just had to break up. FL was still shown to be caught up with her first love and also didn't seem to be happy with her current life, which again was totally opposite of her character. 

2. Again My Life - This one would be among the top 5 dramas for me if this wouldn't end the way it did. Either they should have increased the ep, or just finish it properly with ML prosecuting the bad. Showing there was no way to prosecute the bad guy itself was a victory for him. I seriously just wanted ML to have him punished by law and not the way he did in the end. Plus showing all the other bad guys now free and serving another evil boss was not so good for me, sort of made me feel like every bad guy dodged the bullet in the end. 

The most Too Stupid to live character for me was the FL from Big Mouth. She was recklessly stupid and in the end sadly paid for it. Like throughout the drama I felt like her stupidity will cost her life, which in fact eventually did. :sweats:

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

RESULTS: Soompi Forum Awards: Poll #3 - The Most Memorable Characters, The Worst Drama Endings, The Most 'Too Stupid to Live' (TSTL) Characters of 2022

Thank you for a phenomenal response , chingus! Everyone put in a lot of thought while voting and we are ready with the winners for 2022. 

First we have 'The Most Memorable Characters of 2022'.

And the winners are:

Alchemy of Souls - The Crown Prince (Shin Seung Ho)- 31 votes 

Alchemy of Souls': Shin Seung-ho Explains Why Prince Go-won and Mu-deok  Having a Love Story Wouldn't Work

The Crown Prince surely knows how to make a place in people's heart with his endearing portrayal of his character. :machocat:

Extraordinary Attorney Woo - Jung Myung-seok (Jung Myung Seok) - 30 votes 

Spoiler

Extraordinary Attorney Woo K Drama GIF - Extraordinary Attorney Woo K Drama  Netflix - Discover & Share GIFs

Honestly, we all need a mentor like him! :fullofhearts: 

Reborn Rich - haraboji grandpa (Lee Sung Min) -28 votes 

That's one badass haraboji!:getmygrooveon:

I'll be honest. My heart was in my mouth as I watched Alchemy of Souls - The Crown Prince (Shin Seung Ho) and Extraordinary Attorney Woo - Jung Myung-seok (Jung Myung Seok) fighting for the top spot. It became even more interesting when Reborn Rich - haraboji grandpa (Lee Sung Min) decided to give the younger actors a run for their money and give them a stiff competition. 

Spoiler

Phew That Was Close GIFs | Tenor

Now for 'The Worst Drama Endings of 2022' :grimace:

Burning GIFs | Tenor

Let's find out which dramas have disappointed us the most::smashes:

Twenty Five Twenty One - 27 votes 

theqoo] TVN'S FEBRUARY SAT-SUN DRAMA "TWENTY-FIVE TWENTY-ONE" KIM TAERI X  NAM JOOHYUK ~ PANN좋아!

As many said, "The ending ruined the story.":brokenheart:

Reborn Rich - 19 votes 

Spoiler

Reborn Rich': Song Joong Ki 'dở khóc dở cười' khi hồi sinh thành cháu trai  của kẻ thù

A moral reckoning would have been a lot more satisfying .:headbang:

Big Mouth - 18 votes 

Spoiler

big mouth kdrama on Tumblr

The viewers felt that the thrilling series had a rather gloomy ending.:dead:

Finally, 'The Most Too Stupid to Live' Characters' of 2022 :isannoyed:

So, technically, none of the nominated characters are TSTL - The Most Too Stupid to Live. (22 votes) :emmm:

Or, perhaps we are so used to TSTL characters that nothing fazes us anyone. :coolshades:

So, which characters did make the cut? :eats:

Reborn Rich - Yoon Hyun Woo (Song Joong Ki) - 18 votes 

Reborn Rich" Song Joong Ki New Stills - HiTV News

Love feat. Marriage and Divorce - Ghost of Grandpa - 16 votes 

Spoiler

Drama 2022] Love (ft. Marriage & Divorce) Season 3 결혼작사 이혼작곡 - Page 128 -  k-dramas & movies - Soompi Forums

Ah, the pervert I mean, the ever youthful grandpa from a series that divided the forum, well almost. :joy:

Woori the Virgin - Oh Woo Ri (Im Soo Hyang) -13 votes 

Spoiler

a408bdc194348090444c920760f61e34cc00e2b2

The unexpected pregnancy made her lose her marbles. Or, was always an airhead? :wut:

We survived, chingus! :cheers:

Hallelujah GIF - Preacher Hallelujah Praise The Lord - Discover & Share GIFs

Thank you for participating and sharing your thoughts. :heart:

@Haeun @maribella @rocher22 @pompyavi @madmad min @Idylla Kaizoku @Learry @MayanEcho @the_sweetroad @africandramalover @YongZura⁷ and @LeftCoastOppa

Please look forward to our next event launching next week.    :rickroll:

Do reach out to us, if you have any ideas for an event. 

Your friendly, neighbourhood EO Team  :tenor:

@confusedheart @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @partyon

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 2