[Drama 2024] The Queen of Tears / 눈물의 여왕 - Kim Soo Hyun, Kim Ji Won

Maetawinz

I kept pressing the "Forward Button" for the first 2 eps.  Sorry. :lol: 

Ep2 gets better.  At the last moment of Ep 2,  I expect Baek Hyun Woo (Kim Soo Hyun) to save his Wife and he did.  Now I am looking forward to Ep 3.    I believe the Fun starts Now!

But the problem with K-Drama is the long wait for the next ep. 

:foodie2:

Which is why I seldom watch K-Drama.  :)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Gaia2u said:

Sadly, so far, it’s just another K drama that wants to discourage Women from taking leading positions in business, not just the rich ladies, but any lady striving to get to the top of the business world.  In Korea, there are so few women at the top of any thing regarding business and money - it may be that those few are just as ruthless as their silly little boy counterparts, but it is quite the trend in K dramas to always make the ladies look worse. So far this series is no different. 
In this story the common husband is, of course, much more ‘qualified’ and human as the woman, who is ruthless and heartless, and therefore also not the better business woman -although, exactly those qualities are what men are praised for …

viewers are often unaware, or don’t want to see, the subliminal messages of many of these dramas,  in an increasingly more conservative controlled country - yet, so many women are trying to stand up for their own rights and businesses run by women often in the world are better run

Will be interesting to see if the series improves

what drama are you watching sis? Hong Hae-in, less qualified and 'human' than her husband?? The same husband who's trying to be nice to his

Spoiler

terminally ill wife so she changes her will in favour of him

?? The ladies look worse than the men in this drama?? Better than which men? The incompetent little bro or the scheming husband? The egoistic grandpa?

Did you actually watch episodes 1 and 2 of Queen of Tears or just seen screencaps and a summary and typed a paragraph with a lot of big words thinking it's a hot take?

Edited by skylilies

Here are the ratings for Episode 2! :).

“Queen Of Tears” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode; “Korea-Khitan War” Ends On All-Time High

“Queen Of Tears” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode; “Korea-Khitan War” Ends On All-Time High

Meanwhile, tvN’s new romance drama “Queen of Tears” enjoyed a significant increase in viewership for its second episode. The latest broadcast scored an average nationwide rating of 8.7 percent, marking a nearly 3 percent jump from the drama’s premiere the night before.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1647775wpp/queen-of-tears-ratings-rise-for-2nd-episode-korea-khitan-war-ends-on-all-time-high

• Like 1

Kim Ji Won And Kim Soo Hyun’s Relationship Faces A Change With Park Sung Hoon’s Arrival In “Queen Of Tears” Poster

Kim Ji Won And Kim Soo Hyun’s Relationship Faces A Change With Park Sung Hoon’s Arrival In “Queen Of Tears” Poster

tvN’s “Queen of Tears” has dropped a new poster following the drama’s successful premiere!

Penned by “Crash Landing on You,” “My Love From the Star,” and “The Producers” writer Park Ji Eun, “Queen of Tears” tells the miraculous, thrilling, and humorous love story of a married couple who manage to survive a crisis and stay together against all odds. Kim Soo Hyun stars as Baek Hyeon Woo, the legal director of the conglomerate Queens Group, while Kim Ji Won plays his wife Hong Hae In, the chaebol heiress known as the “queen” of Queens Group’s department stores.

Spoilers

The newly released poster depicts the Baek Hyeon Woo and Hong Hae In couple sitting side by side at an extravagant table. Behind them is Yoon Eun Sung (Park Sung Hoon), who previews the complicated relationship between the three. In particular, Baek Hyeon Woo looks uncomfortable as if he is bothered by Yoon Eun Sung suddenly intruding in his alone time with his wife. Hong Hae In wears a gaze mixed with wariness and interest, raising curiosity for the intriguing relationship between the three.

The text on the poster reads, “A love of a lifetime—a crisis of a lifetime,” further piques viewers’ curiosity about Yoon Eun Sung’s involvement in the couple’s life. In particular, episode 2 revealed that Yoon Eun Sung and Hong Hae In graduated from the same school and that Yoon Eun Sung is a key figure linked to Herkina.

queen-of-tears-1.jpeg

“Queen of Tears” airs every weekend at 9:10 p.m. KST

https://www.soompi.com/article/1647847wpp/kim-ji-won-and-kim-soo-hyuns-relationship-faces-a-change-with-park-sung-hoons-arrival-in-queen-of-tears-poster

• Like 1

I like the drama so far.  Nothing too original but it is not boring at all... and there is every sign that there will be great chemistry between the leads when they actually fall in love, which reportedly they will...  Enough interesting other actors to add color too.  Let us have fun with this drama.

• Like 1

Ep 2 was smart and creative, and it was hilarious how Baek Hyun Woo's actions and words could be understood two ways - either desperate for escape from his wife, or loving and caring. For example, when she walked in and saw what he had been looking at on "Geegle" (is Geegle a thing in Korea?!) and felt touched.

Looking forward to seeing how they'll fall in love again.

The one thing that trips me up at times is keeping track of who's who in the show.

Anyone else think it was strange for a mom to be suing her own daughter, with the father looking on and being ok with it? That's so dysfunctional. At first I thought the mom wasn't Hong Hae In's real mom, but it sounds like she is.

And it sounds like Hong Hae In had an older sibling that passed away.

• Love 1

20 hours ago, sweetroad said:

Ep 2 was smart and creative, and it was hilarious how Baek Hyun Woo's actions and words could be understood two ways - either desperate for escape from his wife, or loving and caring. For example, when she walked in and saw what he had been looking at on "Geegle" (is Geegle a thing in Korea?!) and felt touched.

I think they change the names to avoid potential lawsuits on not getting the companies' permission.  That is why we see names like "Geegle", "Goggle", "Instogram", "Phasebook", "Newtube", "Korea Air", "Samsong" etc in the dramas :) ... They also sometimes cover up or change the car manufacturer emblems from the cars shown.  Like BMW becomes BNW and Ford becomes Pord and all that!   

It is taking too long to get to Saturday.  Getting impatient...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, partyon said:

Why is my Kwakkie always getting typecast? :joy:

Welcome back!

Have you had the chance to watch this show yet? Prediction: you'll FF a bunch in the first episode and then perhaps like the second episode.

Kwakkie's scenes are a bit few and far between for now as they set up the rest of the family antics, but hopefully he gets more screen time as his character matures.

Praying I Hope GIF by The Paley Center for Media

Also - the scorned actress from Love to Hate You is Kwakkie's wife in this one.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 3/10/2024 at 1:51 AM, sweetroad said:

What did you all think of Episode 1? It was interesting to see that most of the episode was from Baek Hyun-woo's perspective - they're making him a complex character already, which is great. Hong Hae-In is so cold so far, but she seems like a wounded ice queen - curious to see what made her that way, if they develop any backstory. The episode started out pretty slowly and honestly I found it kind of cheesy at first, but the crazy memorial scene was the best! And it was more engaging after that.

@partyon Kwakkie is a happy lazy bum in this one!

my favourite scene was when the psychiatrist calls up his wife and tells her that he loves her and she hangs up on him LOL. then he sighs and says, "yes I am happy". it cracked me up and reminded me why we all love gossip so much. when we hear other people's misery, we realize that our lives are actually not that bad. hahahahh... too bad that it was just a cameo. I would have found it fun to keep seeing him...

also, am I the only one disappointed that we never got to see those cows that he was bragging when he proposed to her? @Ameera Ali ^_^

• LOL 3

Watch: “Queen Of Tears” Stars Kim Ji Won And Kim Soo Hyun Make A Swoonworthy Pair In Playful New Clip

Watch: “Queen Of Tears” Stars Kim Ji Won And Kim Soo Hyun Make A Swoonworthy Pair In Playful New Clip

tvN’s “Queen of Tears” has shared an adorable clip of Kim Ji Won and Kim Soo Hyun!

Penned by “Crash Landing on You,” “My Love From the Star,” and “The Producers” writer Park Ji Eun, “Queen of Tears” tells the miraculous, thrilling, and humorous love story of a married couple who manage to survive a crisis and stay together against all odds. Kim Soo Hyun stars as Baek Hyeon Woo, the legal director of the conglomerate Queens Group, while Kim Ji Won plays his wife Hong Hae In, the chaebol heiress known as the “queen” of Queens Group’s department stores.

In celebration of White Day, tvN unveiled a video clip of Kim Ji Won and Kim Soo Hyun posing sweetly for photo booth pictures, getting playful while showcasing their dazzling chemistry.

Check out the heart-fluttering clip below!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4epLB8qFmM/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=361e9e30-5c38-4198-bb7d-194404575371

The next episode of “Queen of Tears” airs on March 16 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1648708wpp/watch-queen-of-tears-stars-kim-ji-won-and-kim-soo-hyun-make-a-swoonworthy-pair-in-playful-new-clip

12 hours ago, sweetroad said:

Have you had the chance to watch this show yet? Prediction: you'll FF a bunch in the first episode and then perhaps like the second episode.

Not yet, haven't watched a single episode of a drama for 3 weeks. Gonna try to catch up this weekend. Thanks for the heads-up - you know me well :D

Heard from @Sleepy Owl dongsaeng that Kwakkie's role is not even 2nd lead.

:crybaby:

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

• partyon changed the title to [Current Drama 2024] The Queen of Tears / 눈물의 여왕 - Kim Soo Hyun, Kim Ji Won - Sat & Sun
Spoiler

Kim Soo Hyun And Kim Ji Won Get Flustered Over Having To Share A Bed In “Queen Of Tears”

Kim Soo Hyun And Kim Ji Won Get Flustered Over Having To Share A Bed In “Queen Of Tears”

Kim Soo Hyun and Kim Ji Won may have been married for three years in “Queen of Tears”—but sharing a bed still makes them nervous!

Penned by “Crash Landing on You,” “My Love From the Star,” and “Producer” writer Park Ji Eun, “Queen of Tears” is a new tvN drama about the miraculous, thrilling, and humorous love story of a married couple who manage to survive a crisis and stay together against all odds.

Spoilers

While Baek Hyun Woo (Kim Soo Hyun) and Hong Hae In (Kim Ji Won)’s marriage was once called “the romance of the century,” their marriage was previously revealed to be on the verge of falling apart. Not only were they no longer interested in one another, but they only communicated through sharp-tongued exchanges of opinion at work. Even when dining together at home, they sat far apart and ate without uttering a single word to each other.

However, in the upcoming episode of the drama, the couple—who currently sleeps in separate bedrooms at home—will face the unexpected ordeal of having to share a bed. Just getting into the same bed is unfamiliar enough to fluster the married couple, who acts visibly awkward as they prepare to sleep under the same covers.

When they share a room together, Baek Hyun Woo will get Hong Hae In’s heart racing for the first time in three years, leaving her surprised and confused by her own unexpected reaction to her husband.

Meanwhile, Baek Hyun Woo will also feel confused by his own jealousy over Hong Hae In’s relationship with her friend Yoon Eun Sung (Park Sung Hoon).

Kim-Soo-Hyun-2.jpegKim-Ji-Won-1.jpegKim-Ji-Won-Kim-Soo-Hyun.jpeg

Spoiler

Kim-Ji-Won-2.jpeg

To find out how sharing a bed will change the couple’s relationship, catch the next episode of “Queen of Tears” on March 16 at 9:10 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1648860wpp/kim-soo-hyun-and-kim-ji-won-get-flustered-over-having-to-share-a-bed-in-queen-of-tears

3 hours ago, partyon said:

Heard from @Sleepy Owl dongsaeng that Kwakkie's role is not even 2nd lead.

Don't worry, he is at least the 3rd lead :) ... But how often does the brother of the female lead become a 2nd lead?  Not too often...  Maybe he will be a villain?   He can be good at that too!

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, jayakris said:

Don't worry, he is at least the 3rd lead :) ... But how often does the brother of the female lead become a 2nd lead?  Not too often...  Maybe he will be a villain?   He can be good at that too!

But Kwakkie is male lead material.... :criesariver:I know he will do a good job in this drama, but it feels so unfair not to see him score a lead role.

• Like 1