[Drama 2024] The Queen of Tears / 눈물의 여왕 - Kim Soo Hyun, Kim Ji Won

Maetawinz

Spoiler

Kim Ji Won Dishes On Her Chemistry With Kim Soo Hyun, Styling Her “Queen Of Tears” Character, And More

Kim Ji Won Dishes On Her Chemistry With Kim Soo Hyun, Styling Her “Queen Of Tears” Character, And More

tvN’s “Queen of Tears” has unveiled new stills of Kim Ji Won!

Penned by “Crash Landing on You,” “My Love From the Star,” and “The Producers” writer Park Ji Eun, “Queen of Tears” tells the miraculous, thrilling, and humorous love story of a married couple who manage to survive a crisis and stay together against all odds.

Kim Soo Hyun stars as Baek Hyeon Woo, the legal director of the conglomerate Queens Group, while Kim Ji Won plays his wife Hong Hae In, the chaebol heiress known as the “queen” of Queens Group’s department stores.

On her reason for choosing to star in the project, Kim Ji Won shared, “I wanted to act out the life of Hong Hae In, who appears cold but is lovable, looks strong but is delicate, and is not simple. I got the thought that I could take on a new challenge through a role with a different vibe from the previous project.” She added, “I hope to hear, ‘Her role this time suits her really well.'”

kim-ji-won-9.jpeg

Kim Ji Won shared, “On first impression, Hong Hae In is a cold and straightforward figure who appears to have lived a life without lacking anything. Hae In is used to running forward while only looking straight ahead, and she is a figure who is unfamiliar with restoring relationships while taking care of her wounds, so Hae In’s wounds and loneliness touched me greatly, and I felt that it was unfortunate in some way.”

Regarding her character’s style, Kim Ji Won explained, “I thought a lot so that Hae In’s extravagant styling not only simply reflects her wealth but also links the character’s situation and emotions,” sharing that she focused on the idea, “As she feels happier, her clothes become more extravagant!”

kim-ji-won-8.jpeg

Furthermore, Kim Ji Won compared her character’s relationship with Baek Hyeon Woo as that of a magnet. She elaborated, “Although it seems like they’re pushing each other away like the N and S poles, they’re complete when together and can move onwards while deciding on a direction.”

Touching on her chemistry with her co-star, Kim Ji Won revealed, “Actor Kim Soo Hyun really makes the filming set comfortable and bright. Thanks to that, we were able to highlight our chemistry as an [on-screen] married couple really well.”

kim-ji-won-7.jpeg

“Queen of Tears” will premiere on March 9 at 9:10 p.m. KST. While waiting, check out teasers here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1646154wpp/kim-ji-won-dishes-on-her-chemistry-with-kim-soo-hyun-styling-her-queen-of-tears-character-and-more

Watch: Kim Soo Hyun And Kim Ji Won’s Relationship Goes Back And Forth Between Hot And Cold In “Queen Of Tears” Teaser

Watch: Kim Soo Hyun And Kim Ji Won’s Relationship Goes Back And Forth Between Hot And Cold In “Queen Of Tears” Teaser

tvN’s “Queen of Tears” has unveiled a new teaser!

Penned by “Crash Landing on You,” “My Love From the Star,” and “The Producers” writer Park Ji Eun, “Queen of Tears” tells the miraculous, thrilling, and humorous love story of a married couple who manage to survive a crisis and stay together against all odds.

Kim Soo Hyun stars as Baek Hyeon Woo, the legal director of the conglomerate Queens Group, while Kim Ji Won plays his wife Hong Hae In, the chaebol heiress known as the “queen” of Queens Group’s department stores.

In the newly released teaser, Baek Hyeon Woo remarks, “I feel as if all married life would be somewhat similar…” Although the teaser begins with heart-fluttering clips of the couple in love, their relationship seems to turn cold as they lie on different ends of the bed.

As Baek Hyeon Woo rushes to save Hong Hae In, Baek Hyeon Woo remarks, “I was confident that I would be okay no matter what happened to Hae In.” Tearing up, he adds, “But that’s not easy.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh8uL0xUxok

“Queen of Tears” will premiere on March 9 at 9:10 p.m. KST. While waiting, check out more teasers here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1646276wpp/watch-kim-soo-hyun-and-kim-ji-wons-relationship-goes-back-and-forth-between-hot-and-cold-in-queen-of-tears-teaser

Spoiler

Kim Ji Won Dishes On New Drama “Queen Of Tears” And Pros Of Being An Actor

Kim Ji Won Dishes On New Drama “Queen Of Tears” And Pros Of Being An Actor

Marie Claire Korea magazine has released a pictorial featuring “Queen of Tears” star Kim Ji Won!

Kim Soo Hyun stars as Baek Hyeon Woo, the legal director of the conglomerate Queens Group, while Kim Ji Won plays his wife Hong Hae In, the chaebol heiress known as the “queen” of Queens Group’s department stores.

In an interview that followed the photo shoot, Kim Ji Won briefly talked about her upcoming drama “Queen of Tears.” She commented, “This drama has a lot of cast members, and they are from different age groups. I’m enjoying working with everyone, and I’m learning a lot from my senior colleagues.”

kim-ji-won-1.jpg

When asked what she has gained from her years of being an actress, she shared, “Being an actress forces you to think about extreme emotions that you don’t normally encounter in your daily life and how to express those emotions, and I think that makes my life more colorful.”

kim-ji-won-2_419b77.jpg

Spoiler

kim-ji-won-3.jpg

kim-ji-won-4.jpg

Spoiler

kim-ji-won-1-1.jpgkim-ji-won-2-2.jpg

“Queen of Tears” will premiere on March 9 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1646341wpp/kim-ji-won-dishes-on-new-drama-queen-of-tears-and-pros-of-being-an-actor

• Like 1

Spoiler

“Queen Of Tears” Teases Intriguing In-Law Dynamics Between Kim Soo Hyun’s And Kim Ji Won’s Families

“Queen Of Tears” Teases Intriguing In-Law Dynamics Between Kim Soo Hyun’s And Kim Ji Won’s Families

“Queen of Tears” has given a sneak peek of the interesting relationships in the upcoming drama!

Penned by “Crash Landing on You,” “My Love From the Star,” and “The Producers” writer Park Ji Eun, “Queen of Tears” tells the miraculous, thrilling, and humorous love story of a married couple who manage to survive a crisis and stay together against all odds. Kim Soo Hyun stars as Baek Hyeon Woo, the legal director of the conglomerate Queens Group, while Kim Ji Won plays his wife Hong Hae In, the chaebol heiress known as the “queen” of Queens Group’s department stores.

Ahead of the premiere, “Queen of Tears” shared a sneak peek at the relationship between in-laws!

Baek Hyeon Woo & Hong Soo Chul: Living beneath Hong Hae In’s shadow

kim-soo-hyun-qot.jpeg

An intriguing point to look out for will be the potential camaraderie between Baek Hyeon Woo and his brother-in-law Hong Soo Chul (Kwak Dong Yeon), who find company in each other as those who are overshadowed by Hong Hae In. After marriage, Baek Hyeon Woo is living a frightening marriage life which brings tears to his eyes nearly every day. Hong Soo Chul similarly ranks last in terms of influence in his family, having been overshadowed by his older sister since birth. In similar positions, Baek Hyeon Woo and Hong Soo Chul’s relationship raises anticipation.

However, Hong Soo Chul orders Baek Hyeon Woo around, only making Baek Hyeon Woo’s life even more difficult. Viewers are curious if the two will be able to grow closer or if their family positions will keep the two distant.

Spoiler

kwak-dong-yeon-.jpeg

Hong Hae In & Baek Mi Sun: Supportive sister-in-law

kim-ji-won-qot.jpeg

Another relationship to look forward to will be between sister-in-laws Hong Hae In and Baek Mi Sun (Jang Yoon Joo). Due to Baek Hyeon Woo’s marriage, his family has been enjoying all kinds of benefits. Baek Mi Sun is a mother working at a hair salon to send money to her husband and son abroad for education, making Hong Hae In’s support a necessity for her.

Thus, Baek Mi Sun can only hope that her younger brother’s marriage life is a harmonious one. Baek Mi Sun is busy taking her sister-in-law’s side and nagging at Baek Hyeon Woo’s complaints. However, following the wedding, Hong Hae In has yet to see Baek Mi Sun once, making viewers curious about their awkward relationship.

Spoiler

jang-yoon-joo.jpeg

Kim Sun Hwa and Jeon Bong Ae: Starkly different mother-in-laws

Spoiler

na-young-hee.jpeghwang-young-hee.jpeg

Coming from different backgrounds, Kim Sun Hwa (Na Young Hee) and Jeon Bong Ae (Hwang Young Hee) have starkly different attitudes when it comes to the Baek Hyeon Woo and Hong Hae In couple. Disapproving of her daughter Hong Hae In, who passed on all the candidates she chose as a potential husband and chose Baek Hyeon Woo instead, Kim Sun Hwa shows favoritism to her son Hong Soo Chul.

On the other hand, Jeon Bong Ae shows warm affection for not only her son Baek Hyeon Woo but also her daughter-in-law Hong Hae In, whom she treats like her own child. The sharp contrast in the vibes of the two mother-in-laws raises anticipation for how the couple will adjust to each family.

kim-soo-hyun-kim-ji-won-.jpeg

“Queen of Tears” will premiere on March 9 at 9:10 p.m. KST. While waiting, check out teasers here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1646517wpp/queen-of-tears-teases-intriguing-in-law-dynamics-between-kim-soo-hyuns-and-kim-ji-wons-families

• Like 2

Oh Jung Se To Reunite With Kim Soo Hyun Through Special Appearance In “Queen Of Tears”

Oh Jung Se To Reunite With Kim Soo Hyun Through Special Appearance In “Queen Of Tears”

Oh Jung Se and Kim Soo Hyun will be reuniting!

On March 8, the production team of the upcoming tvN Friday-Saturday drama “Queen of Tears” confirmed, “Oh Jung Se will make be making a special appearance in ‘Queen of Tears.'”

While tvN did not disclose Oh Jung Se’s role or the specific episode of his appearance, it’s been reported that Oh Jung Se has already completed filming.

Oh Jung Se reportedly decided to make a special appearance in “Queen of Tears” to show support for Kim Soo Hyun. The duo previously showcased a strong brotherly bond in tvN’s “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay,” which aired in 2020.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1647420wpp/oh-jung-se-to-reunite-with-kim-soo-hyun-through-special-appearance-in-queen-of-tears

Spoiler

Kim Soo Hyun Is A Chaebol Son-In-Law Who Goes To Oh Jung Se For Therapy In “Queen Of Tears”

Kim Soo Hyun Is A Chaebol Son-In-Law Who Goes To Oh Jung Se For Therapy In “Queen Of Tears”

tvN’s upcoming drama “Queen of Tears” has shared a sneak peek of Oh Jung Se’s cameo!

Penned by “Crash Landing on You,” “My Love From the Star,” and “Producer” writer Park Ji Eun, “Queen of Tears” will tell the miraculous, thrilling, and humorous love story of a married couple who manage to survive a crisis and stay together against all odds.

Kim Soo Hyun will star as Baek Hyun Woo, the legal director of the conglomerate Queens Group, while Kim Ji Won will play his wife Hong Hae In, the chaebol heiress known as the “queen” of Queens Group’s department stores.

Oh Jung Se, who previously played Kim Soo Hyun’s brother in the hit drama “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay,” will be reuniting with the actor through a special appearance in this new series. In “Queen of Tears,” Oh Jung Se will play the role of Baek Hyun Woo’s psychiatrist.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Baek Hyun Woo—who is afraid of getting caught seeing a psychiatrist—carefully hides his identity with a hood and sunglasses before making a visit to the doctor’s office.

Oh-Jung-Se-Kim-Soo-Hyun.jpeg

Once there, Baek Hyun Woo lets down his guard and sorrowfully opens up about his woes as the son-in-law of a chaebol family.

Meanwhile, Oh Jung Se’s character listens carefully to the stressed-out man’s laments—piquing curiosity as to what could be troubling Baek Hyun Woo, who is the envy of all and appears to be living the perfect life as the husband of a chaebol heiress.

Kim-Soo-Hyun.jpeg

Spoiler

Oh-Jung-Se.jpeg

Oh-Jung-Se-Kim-Soo-Hyun-2.jpeg

To catch Oh Jung Se’s cameo, tune in to the premiere of “Queen of Tears” on March 9 at 9:10 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1647531wpp/kim-soo-hyun-is-a-chaebol-son-in-law-who-goes-to-oh-jung-se-for-therapy-in-queen-of-tears

What did you all think of Episode 1? It was interesting to see that most of the episode was from Baek Hyun-woo's perspective - they're making him a complex character already, which is great. Hong Hae-In is so cold so far, but she seems like a wounded ice queen - curious to see what made her that way, if they develop any backstory. The episode started out pretty slowly and honestly I found it kind of cheesy at first, but the crazy memorial scene was the best! And it was more engaging after that.

@partyon Kwakkie is a happy lazy bum in this one!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, sweetroad said:

What did you all think of Episode 1? It was interesting to see that most of the episode was from Baek Hyun-woo's perspective - they're making him a complex character already, which is great. Hong Hae-In is so cold so far, but she seems like a wounded ice queen - curious to see what made her that way, if they develop any backstory. The episode started out pretty slowly and honestly I found it kind of cheesy at first, but the crazy memorial scene was the best! And it was more engaging after that.

@partyon Kwakkie is a happy lazy bum in this one!

It was 1 hour 15 minutes long but I really didn't feel it, it never got draggy or boring. Episode 1 of any drama is supposed to establish the basic stuff - characters, relationships - and QoT did it really well. The Oh Jung-se cameo was too funny Kim Soo-hyun whining, crying and complaining to his friends/bodyguards and then all calm with the shrink lolllll

Also I've been saying since the minute the leads were cast, Kim Soohyun and Kim Jiwon have great chemistry, it's painful to watch them hate each other like that but the little flashes when they're in love are SO GOOD, I want to know what happened to them to change that! (obviously her family has something to do with it but it's so vague and I wanna know more) Also she's so good at conveying 'hurt while the character is doing her best to let nothing show', I'm impressed. And the memorial scene was 10/10, I was wondering why they were showing the aunt in prison but then that scene happened and I died lol Kwakkie trying to do the offering with her yelling the entire time

And of course that bombshell at the end! I know it's a romcom but after CLOY I'm having trust issues lol 

edit: does anyone know ratings for ep 1? I really hope this does well.

Edited by skylilies

4 hours ago, skylilies said:

does anyone know ratings for ep 1? I really hope this does well.

[NEWS] According to Nielsen Korea, the first episode of tvN's Sat-Sun drama 'Queen of Tears' recorded a viewership rating of 5.9% nationwide and 6.5% in the metropolitan area

https://m.joynews24.com/v/1695464

GIJvQqnaUAAYy4P?format=jpg&name=medium

Queen of Tears Ep. 1

AGB Ratings Nationwide - 5.853 - 1,519,000 viewers

Seoul - 6.495 - 795,000 viewers

GIRcEwAbYAAktgL?format=png&name=medium

GIRcGFabIAAvwJ4?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 1! :).

Kim Soo Hyun And Kim Ji Won’s “Queen Of Tears” Premieres To Strong Ratings

Kim Soo Hyun And Kim Ji Won’s “Queen Of Tears” Premieres To Strong Ratings

tvN’s “Queen of Tears” is off to a promising start!

On March 9, the new romance drama starring Kim Soo Hyun and Kim Ji Won premiered to higher viewership ratings than its predecessor “Captivating the King” (the drama that previously occupied its time slot).

According to Nielsen Korea, the first episode of “Queen of Tears” scored an average nationwide rating of 5.9 percent. (For comparison, “Captivating the King” premiered to a nationwide average of 4.0 percent back in January.)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1647583wpp/kim-soo-hyun-and-kim-ji-wons-queen-of-tears-premieres-to-strong-ratings

• Like 1

Spoiler

Kim Soo Hyun Gets Jealous After Seeing Park Sung Hoon With Kim Ji Won In “Queen Of Tears”

Kim Soo Hyun Gets Jealous After Seeing Park Sung Hoon With Kim Ji Won In “Queen Of Tears”

Get ready to see a jealous Kim Soo Hyun on the next episode of “Queen of Tears”!

Penned by “Crash Landing on You,” “My Love From the Star,” and “Producer” writer Park Ji Eun, “Queen of Tears” is a new drama about the miraculous, thrilling, and humorous love story of a married couple who manage to survive a crisis and stay together against all odds.

Spoilers

On the first episode of “Queen of Tears,” Baek Hyun Woo (Kim Soo Hyun) made up his mind to divorce his intimidating wife Hong Hae In (Kim Ji Won). But just when he was about to serve her the divorce papers, he learned the shocking news that Hong Hae In only had three months left to live. As a result, instead of asking her for a divorce, he wound up making a tearful confession of love out of the blue.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming second episode, Baek Hyun Woo and Hong Hae In’s marriage will face more turbulence in the form of an unexpected arrival. At a glamorous party, Hong Hae In looks shocked when she spots her former school classmate Yoon Eun Sung (Park Sung Hoon).

However, shortly afterwards, Hong Hae In lets down her guard and engages in a friendly conversation with Yoon Eun Sung, whom she hasn’t seen in a long time.

Kim-Ji-Won.jpegPark-Sung-Hoon.jpegPark-Sung-Hoon-Kim-Ji-Won.jpeg

Meanwhile, Baek Hyun Woo is unable to hide his jealousy when he sees how close the two former classmates look. Although he attempts to keep a polite smile fixed on his face, he struggles to act natural during a tense conversation with the unwelcome “intruder.”

Spoiler

Kim-Soo-Hyun-1.jpegKim-Soo-Hyun-Park-Sung-Hoon.jpeg

To find out what transpires between this awkward trio, catch the next episode of “Queen of Tears” on March 10 at 9:10 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1647605wpp/kim-soo-hyun-gets-jealous-after-seeing-park-sung-hoon-with-kim-ji-won-in-queen-of-tears

• Like 1

Sadly, so far, it’s just another K drama that wants to discourage Women from taking leading positions in business, not just the rich ladies, but any lady striving to get to the top of the business world.  In Korea, there are so few women at the top of any thing regarding business and money - it may be that those few are just as ruthless as their silly little boy counterparts, but it is quite the trend in K dramas to always make the ladies look worse. So far this series is no different. 
In this story the common husband is, of course, much more ‘qualified’ and human as the woman, who is ruthless and heartless, and therefore also not the better business woman -although, exactly those qualities are what men are praised for …

viewers are often unaware, or don’t want to see, the subliminal messages of many of these dramas,  in an increasingly more conservative controlled country - yet, so many women are trying to stand up for their own rights and businesses run by women often in the world are better run

Will be interesting to see if the series improves