[Drama 2022] Love is for Suckers/Love That Will Freeze to Death, 얼어죽을 연애따위

larus

13 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

So many of the characters are really boring, the main couple in particular. I know they threw in the sad backstories for character development, but it's not working. They're dull and I don't care if they end up together.

Am FFing all of their scenes. Not even their bed scene at the end of ep 12 could get me excited. FFed that too :D

13 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

Chef and JiWan are so cute, and I would watch an entire drama about them. They don't have a lot of screen time, but I find myself rooting for them. Their interactions are really cute and less forced than the main couple. 

I know right? They are much more natural and their love story is really unexpected but feels kind of realistic. :wub:

12 hours ago, morganian said:

Just popped into this forum to say hi after watching the latest ep. Chef and JiWan are definitely the little ray of sunshine in this drama at the moment. 

Agree! :coolshades:

I hope Chef John and Jiwan end up together! Let's do a season 2 with them as leads!

:wow1:

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Choi Siwon And Lee Da Hee Sing Their Hearts Out In “Love Is For Suckers”

New stills from “Love is For Suckers” show Lee Da Hee and Choi Siwon having the time of their lives at karaoke!

ENA’s “Love is for Suckers” is a romantic comedy starring Lee Da Hee and Choi Siwon as two best friends who have known each other for 20 years. When they meet as the producing director (PD) and a cast member of a reality dating show, they unexpectedly begin to develop romantic feelings for one another.

The newest stills take us away from the filming set to a colorful karaoke room where the two friends are able to just let loose and have as much fun as possible, belting out high notes of ballads and dancing some unidentifiable choreography to ’90s dance tracks. At one point, they knock their beer cans together in a toast as they enjoy the night to the fullest.

choi-siwon-lee-da-hee-1-768x768.jpg

choi-siwon-lee-da-hee-2-768x768.jpg

Spoiler

choi-siwon-lee-da-hee-3-768x768.jpg

According to the staff on set, Lee Da Hee and Choi Siwon acted as though the cameras didn’t even exist during filming, bursting out into laughter together as they showed off their real-life chemistry while singing their favorite songs and letting their silly sides show. Truly, nothing makes a drama better than authentic smiles and laughs.

The next episode of “Love is for Suckers” airs on November 23 at 9 p.m. KST.

Choi Siwon And Lee Da Hee Sing Their Hearts Out In “Love Is For Suckers” | Soompi

@CupcakeEonni @4evrkdrama @morganian Only took me 20 minutes to complete ep 13 :loolz:

Norm Macdonald Comedy GIF by Luis Ricardo

I really needed more sweet scenes of Ji Wan and Chef John. Seriously too much angst between them in today's episode.

:crybaby:

But I guess they need to realize that they have actually fallen in love with each other and confess. Ji Wan was brave for asking him out - Chef, let's move it!

Ji Wan and Chef John! Fighting! :hwaiting:

bts-yoongi.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Er--just who did Chae Ri asked to sleep with her?!:hushed: She is just a terrible PD I mean I like her as she's the only interesting character on this show LoL! Apart from that she's horrible and the stuff she'd do... the lengths she'd go for ratings is just .. WoW.:tounge_wink:

Already "Kingdom of Love" has a knife wielding maniac and now a almost suicide LoL. I feel bad for So Yeon but signing onto a dating show has its cons.. when you show yourself to the public, you sort of invite unwanted attention as well. The nasty comments, judgments, the sudden fame etc. 

There are plenty of good men away from "Kingdom of Love", I feel like doin' these kinds of shows require a lot of mental strength. Also just tryin' to stay unaffected but it's easier said than done.

I don't think Jae Hoon stayin' with Ji Yeon is a sign of respect at least for me. It just comes off condescending y'know? Ji Yeon already knew Jae Hoon's feelings from before, she was the one who stubbornly hung on. Don't know who's got it worse? Ji Yeon? So Yeon? 

Where's PD Sang Woo LoL? I liked Yeo Reum's outfit in this ep. The scarf with off shoulder black top and khaki skirt - perfect. I liked Ji Wan's boldness in asking for 30m of Chef's time LoL. She's really cute. Jun Ho is just scum. I really hope Chef will pursue Ji Wan when the KOL ends.

Here are the ratings for Episode 13!:).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Love Is For Suckers” Sees Small Dip In Ratings + “May I Help You?” Doesn’t Air Due To World Cup Coverage

Drama ratings and broadcast schedules shift as coverage of the FIFA World Cup 2022 in Qatar continues.

According to Nielsen Korea, the November 23 broadcast of ENA’s romantic comedy “Love is for Suckers” garnered an average nationwide rating of 1.8 percent, marking a small dip in ratings from the previous episode’s score.

“Love is for Suckers” was the only drama airing as “May I Help You?” is off-air until November 24 due to coverage of the FIFA World Cup. The drama will return with episodes 9 and 10 next week on November 30 and December 1.

“Love Is For Suckers” Sees Small Dip In Ratings + “May I Help You?” Doesn’t Air Due To World Cup Coverage | Soompi

• Blob 2

43 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

I bet too he didn’t want to show his asset (  # his butt ) for sinking  drama  too  :tounge_wink: 

His asset is the only thing that could have made this drama better for me

#lostopportunity

• LOL 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 14!:).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Love Is For Suckers” Heads Into Final Week On Ratings Dip Amidst Ongoing World Cup Coverage

ENA’s “Love is for Suckers” is gearing up for the final week of its run!

On November 24, the romantic comedy starring Super Junior‘s Choi Siwon and Lee Da Hee continued to face stiff competition from ongoing coverage of the FIFA World Cup 2022 in Qatar.

According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Love is for Suckers” scored an average nationwide rating of 1.5 percent, marking a modest decrease from its previous broadcast the night prior.

Meanwhile, MBC’s “May I Help You?” is currently taking a one-week hiatus due to the World Cup. The fantasy romance drama will return to air next week on November 30.

The final two episodes of “Love is for Suckers” will air on November 30 and December 1.

“Love Is For Suckers” Heads Into Final Week On Ratings Dip Amidst Ongoing World Cup Coverage | Soompi

by lo_ve, November 28, 2022
8 0

Kwon Yool will make a special appearance in the ongoing ENA K-drama "Love Is for Suckers."

ENA released still cuts of the impending cameo appearance of Kwon Yool. According to the broadcasting channel, Kwon Yool's special appearance will air on December 1st. His appearance will be on the last episode of the series. 

"Love Is for Suckers" is about a real survival romance between best friends of 20 years who will have to work together as a producer and contestant on a love reality show. 

The series is led by Lee Da Hee, Super Junior's Choi Si Won, Jo Soo Hyang, Park Yeon Woo, Lee Juyeon, AB6IX's Lee Dae Hwi, and more. 

"Love Is for Suckers" is the collaboration work of director Choi Kyu Shik and writer Kim Sol Ji.

Kwon Yool will portray the role of Baek Joon Yeol. In the still cuts, he is seen together with Lee Juyeon's character Han Ji Yeon in an art gallery. Baek Joon Yeol will be the first to approach Han Ji Yeon.

The actor willingly accepted to make a special appearance in the drama because of his great relationship with director Choi Kyu Shik. The two worked together in the series "Let's Eat 2." 

Kwon Yool shared his thoughts about his cameo, "I'm honored to make a special appearance in a work that I enjoyed. It was exciting and fun to be in a fun romantic comedy work after a long time. I'm thankful to be able to make a cameo that could be seen as an interesting conclusion of the series."

The production team expressed their gratefulness to the actor and shared, "The final episode of 'Love Is for Suckers' has become grander because of Kwon Yool's performance. We hope that viewers will see a refreshing final episode. Please look forward to the finale."

"Love Is for Suckers" exclusively premieres on ENA Channel. International viewers can watch it on OTT platforms such as Viki and Amazon Prime Video.

This year, Kwon Yool starred in two k-dramas such as "No, Thank You Season 2" and "Mental Coach Jegal." He was also part of the films "The Policeman's Lineage" and "Project Wolf Hunting."

In 2023, the actor will lead the upcoming action thriller k-drama "I’ve Been Waiting for You for a Long Time" with Kim Ji Eun, Na In Woo, Lee Kyu Han, and NU'EST's Ren.

https://mydramalist.com/article/kwon-yool-to-make-a-special-appearance-in-the-ena-k-drama-love-is-for-suckers

art_16696258502472_bdb424.png

https://www.jejutwn.com/news/article.html?no=154062

• Like 1

Love is for Suckers: Episodes 13-14

by Dramaddictally

LIFS1314_1.jpg

Our Kingdom of Love cast is calling it quits at the same time our leads make a serious start. This is a week of apologies for past offenses and apologetic glances for mistakes in progress. As our heroine tries to balance work and love, our PDs find themselves in a situation where work and love combine, like it or not.

EPISODES 13-14 WEECAP

We ended last week with Yeo-reum finally admitting her feelings for Jae-hoon and the two getting down to business immediately. This week, we see Yeo-reum wake up in Jae-hoon’s bed the morning after, feeling awkward. Jae-hoon is already up cooking breakfast, totally at ease.

At the breakfast table, Jae-hoon leans in for a kiss and says, “I love you.” Yeo-reum stares as he goes on to tell her she’s the one. He’s done playing hard to get and wants to be genuine with her. Since Kingdom of Love will finish filming this week, they agree to wrap that up first and then revisit the talk about their relationship.

But from then on, their relationship is pretty much all they can talk about. On set the next day, we get a sort-of explanation for Yeo-reum’s behavior the past few weeks. She apologizes to Jae-hoon for complicating things, saying she was trying to be a professional producer and to control her heart. She was selfish. He says it’s okay to be selfish and they start talking about how they’ll treat each other in the future. Their relationship is already a sealed deal.

A few days later — back to her problem-solving self at work — Yeo-reum falls off a balcony while trying to talk down a drunk and depressed cast member who seems suicidal. It’s only a couple of stories up, and she falls onto some mattresses the cast has laid out underneath, but she loses consciousness. When she wakes in the hospital, Jae-hoon is by her side. Her first questions are about work. Jae-hoon thinks she should be worried about herself first (which makes me wonder if he still doesn’t get why she brushed him off the last few weeks — her career is important to her sense of self).

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/11/love-is-for-suckers-episodes-13-14/

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 15!:).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“May I Help You?” Returns To Air On Ratings Dip; “Love Is For Suckers” Gears Up For Finale

Meanwhile, with just one episode left in its run, ENA’s “Love is for Suckers” held relatively steady ahead of its series finale. The romantic comedy starring Super Junior‘s Choi Siwon and Lee Da Hee dipped slightly to an average nationwide rating of 1.4 percent for its penultimate episode.

“May I Help You?” Returns To Air On Ratings Dip; “Love Is For Suckers” Gears Up For Finale | Soompi

Here are the ratings for Episode 16 *Last episode*!:).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Love Is For Suckers” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet

ENA’s “Love is for Suckers” went out on a high note!

On December 1, the series finale of the romantic comedy starring Lee Da Hee and Super Junior‘s Choi Siwon achieved the highest viewership ratings of the drama’s entire run. According to Nielsen Korea, the final episode of “Love is for Suckers” scored an average nationwide rating of 2.2 percent, marking the show’s first time breaking the 2 percent mark.

“Love Is For Suckers” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet | Soompi

• ferily changed the title to [Drama 2022] Love is for Suckers/Love That Will Freeze to Death, 얼어죽을 연애따위

Love is for Suckers: Episodes 15-16 (Final)

by Dramaddictally

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/LIFS1516_1.jpg

Our reality show is over, and so is our drama. With a focus on our female leads in the final episodes, we wrap up a long-standing rivalry and open up some honest communication. Between blackmail and confessions, our Kingdom of Love cast is keeping busy even after the last episode airs — although our webtoon artist and chef don’t get nearly enough attention.

EPISODES 15-16 WEECAP

Should we take a moment of silence for the terrible death of such a bright idea? Love is for Suckers is over and I feel like a sucker for defending this drama long after it lost its spark. The last two episodes tie up all the threads, nice and neat, with only one real surprise — we never circle back to the drama’s opening scene, which we’ve all been waiting for.

We start with a flashback to when Yeo-reum and Chae-ri were college students in the same major. Chae-ri is a quiet loner who watches the effervescent Yeo-reum with jealous eyes. Yeo-reum is pampered by her parents and doesn’t seem to have a care in the world, always trying to befriend Chae-ri. From the beginning, we’re establishing the core subject of the final episodes, which is the relationship between these two women.

In the present, both women read the news about the on-set affair between a cast member and a producer. The article says that the producer picked men she liked and then played around with them. Chae-ri looks truly offended, knowing how hard she works on her shows — and that work is all that matters to her. Yeo-reum (who wrongly thinks the news is about her) appears to take it less personally.

Yeo-reum shares the problem with Jae-hoon, crying and saying she’ll take all the responsibility for it. Jae-hoon says, no, he’ll take the responsibility. The music tells us this is supposed to be a high-emotion scene but it’s missing the mark. Rather than give us a reason to root for these two, the show has always treated them as end game and just assumed we’d buy it.

Another article appears online stating that Jae-hoon and Yeo-reum are living together, along with the photos of them entering their house together. When Yeo-reum’s boss questions her about it, Chae-ri walks into the office and says she’s the one who told Yeo-reum to bring Jae-hoon on the show. Yeo-reum has that shocked look on her face that’s become her staple response to pretty much everything that happens, and the boss’s question about her relationship with Jae-hoon gets dropped.

Chae-ri reveals to Yeo-reum that the guilty cast member is the fraudster who’s been pretending to like Ji-wan. She then reveals that the news scandal is about her — she slept with the cast member who owns a gym. Yeo-reum gets gossipy and starts asking about how it happened. Chae-ri deflects and just says she’ll take care of it. She’s being blackmailed with the photos of her entering the guy’s room but she doesn’t care — the best solution is to just release the photos. That way, Yeo-reum and Jae-hoon are covered. Chae-ri will take the blame.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/12/love-is-for-suckers-episodes-15-16-final/

[Beanie Review] Love is for Suckers

by DB Staff

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/LoveIsForSuckers_reviewb.jpg

It’s your time to shine, Beanies! Add your voice to the community and help Dramabeans provide trustworthy fan(atic) reviews for people looking for their next drama.

Provide a quick review of this drama in the comments below for the benefit (or is that safety?) of others. Please keep your reviews as spoiler-free as possible and share your thoughts on the show’s overall quality, squee-factor, writing, etc. (Standard character limit applies).

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/12/beanie-review-love-is-for-suckers/

Released the OST ‘It’s Okay’ on the 11th for ‘Love that will freeze to death’Released the OST ‘It’s Okay’ on the 11th for ‘Love that will freeze to death’

2022111110214700505d3244b4fed18217218513

On the 11th at 12:00 noon, the sixth OST of ENA's Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Love to Freeze', sung by Minseo, 'It's Okay' will be released.

‘It’s okay’ depicts Yeoreum (Lee Da-hee)’s feelings of regret over the mixed feelings with Jae-hoon (Choi Si-won), her best friend of 20 years. Thirty-seven, I feel like I'm at an age where I can do anything well, but I put the bleak situation of summer when work and love don't go as I want.

In particular, Minseo will delicately express the message in her song with her unique clear and vivid tone, and draw a heartfelt emotional line for Yeoreum, her main character.

https://m.wowtv.co.kr/NewsCenter/News/Read?articleId=A202211110131

Spoiler

이민혁 Lee MinHyuk - 더할 나위 없는 순간 It couldn′t Be Better