[Drama 2022-2023] Trolley, 트롤리

larus

2 hours ago, dogstar said:

Fun BTS for Episode 7......

KHJ was practicing the slap scene. She accidentally slapped PHS who was waiting

Hahaa.. it's always fun to watch BTS of dramas.. too bad there're mostly don't have english subtitle .. while i watched the 'accidental' slap , what came across my mind quickly was like "oh no, would there be a moment where KHJ found out NJD flaw and would she slap him for that .. (she should if his flaw was by having affair with other woman ..LOL

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

14 hours ago, dogstar said:

KHJ and JJH are my favorite actors! Love all of the three dramas that they work together, especially I have a lover.  

OMG we all like the same actors.  It took me a moment to figure out who JJH was (could be a number of actors).  I loss track of KHJ after BOF, but now I have more dramas to watch!

I'm trying to convince my coworker, who recently started watching k dramas, to watch Trolley.  I told her that a bunch of us enjoy the intrigue.  She's more of a romcom person though.  

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

It is so great to meet fellow fans of Kim Hyun Joo and Ji jin hee! :)  Also, I am becoming a fan of Park Hee-Soon via Trolley.  It feels amazing to be able to discuss our favorite actors in a wonderful project!  

8 hours ago, CarolynH said:

OMG we all like the same actors.  It took me a moment to figure out who JJH was (could be a number of actors).  I loss track of KHJ after BOF, but now I have more dramas to watch!

I'm trying to convince my coworker, who recently started watching k dramas, to watch Trolley.  I told her that a bunch of us enjoy the intrigue.  She's more of a romcom person though.  

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Li22.55 said:

@dogstar have you watch My Name ? If you want to see very different Park Hee Soon (more handsome and totally bad villain.. so i'm kinda of a bit ready if he'd end up as the villian again in Trolley as long as not related to adultery reason .. LOL.. ) 

I believe Netizens took a while to adjust to PHS as the loving and perfect husband NJD initially?  They were so used to him playing a villain that they couldn’t quite believe what they were seeing on screen in Trolley :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Thank @Li22.55and @nrlleefor recommending "My Name".  I am considering to put Trolley on hold next week, and watch My Name and June_E for a change. There is a good chance that KHJ (and the rest of world?) will believe that NJD was having a fair with SB next week.  It would be painful to watch. We need to fasten our seatbelts! No matter whether it is a misunderstanding, I guess PHS would be more like his usual villain look! LOL

BTW, I wonder if the conversation between NJD and his secretary regarding JH's messages to SB. Would it be a flashback? It could occur when JH's body was found.

Also, a photo from IG. Our beloved Trolley couple and team had a gathering 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnYIVduvZ5b/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 6

Hot damn. When Hye Joo lifted up Joong Do's shirt.. man had abs yo LoL. Ahjusshi still got it. Also their makeout scene just made him look more sexayy ahah.

Gee way to be supportive Yoon Seo. When she told her friend, her situation's worse than hers - really LoL?!

Seung Hee's and Soo Bin's moms are just "wonderful". And Seung Hee continues on her smear campaign against Joong Do.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

"Trolley" is first place!  :grin:

“Trolley,” “Brain Works,” And “Missing: The Other Side 2” Are Neck-And-Neck In Close Ratings Battle

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Trolley” and "Brain Works" have enjoyed boosts in viewership ratings, shuffling the rankings among the Monday-Tuesday dramas!

According to Nielsen Korea, the January 16 broadcast of SBS’s “Trolley” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 4.4 percent. This is a 0.7 percent increase from its previous episode’s rating of 3.7 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1563226wpp/trolley-brain-works-and-missing-the-other-side-2-are-neck-and-neck-in-close-ratings-battle

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 9! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Trolley,” “Brain Works,” And “Missing: The Other Side 2” Are Neck-And-Neck In Close Ratings Battle

“Trolley” and “Brain Works” have enjoyed boosts in viewership ratings, shuffling the rankings among the Monday-Tuesday dramas!

According to Nielsen Korea, the January 16 broadcast of SBS’s “Trolley” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 4.4 percent. This is a 0.7 percent increase from its previous episode’s rating of 3.7 percent

https://www.soompi.com/article/1563226wpp/trolley-brain-works-and-missing-the-other-side-2-are-neck-and-neck-in-close-ratings-battle

• Awesome 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

Ep9

Confession- I think I have been overly suspicious of NJD and WJ :lol:.  They aren’t as dastardly as I thought they were.

SB reveal - she has a mother who gave her up for adoption.  She located her mother (works at a cosmetics store) and showed up when she first discovered she was pregnant.  Her mother (whom she hasn’t seen for 10years) didn’t like her reappearance (she considered it an inconvenience).  She had married and has a daughter (looks to be about YS’s age) from that marriage.  That was where SB got the lip gloss (which she lost).  JD is the other boy in the pic on SB’s phone.  He’s into extortion.  Seems to be in the business of blackmailing prominent public figures for money.  SB was mixed up with him when he blackmailed Assembly Man Kang’s chief aide.  So she may have teamed up with JD to blackmail NJD somehow.   But I think SB was genuinely touched by KHJ’s kindness and she wanted to stay in the Nam household because she was starving for a family/mother that cared about her.  So she may have changed her mind in the meantime.  Or she may have tried to get out of the deal with JD because JH died in the process (and she found out she was pregnant) and she wanted out.  So she tried to get out of it by hiding out in the Nam household.  

Other things of note

- SH tried to team up with the Med student’s parents to bring down NJD.  They didn’t want to pursue it any further because the granddaughter of the grandma who owned the oil shop was apparently a call girl.  They didn’t want it known that their son was having relations with prostitutes.  SH considered leaking the story online but she didn’t do it.  Kang’s aide was the one who did it.  Which turned the public sentiment back against NJD.  Med student’s parents think SH did it.  

- Kang’s aide hired someone to dig into SB.  He was the guy who got SB’s photo out of the envelope that was delivered to KHJ.  He’s figured out who SB is because he’s seen her with JD (guy who blackmailed him).

- SB never got the last text message from JH telling her that he will kill himself.  It remained unsent on JH’s phone.

- WJ was directed by NJD to film him getting beat up by the Med student’s father.  WJ leaked the story/video to cover up the story released by Kang’s aide about the granddaughter being a call girl. 
- it looks like JH committed suicide after all.  No foul play there from WJ/NJD.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @nrllee for the brief review. 

- So JH did commit suicide re why the police close the case and returned the phone to NJD. 

- I was right about Kang's man taking SB's photo from the envelope

- I was suspicious of WJ not of NJD though but the last scene of ep9 raised a lot of questions for me

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

29 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

I was suspicious of WJ not of NJD though but the last scene of ep9 raised a lot of questions for me

Yes.  I think NJD still wants BOTH his family and a shot at the Blue House.  He still believes that he can juggle both well.  He’s walking a tightrope there.  Unnie seems to disapprove of his choices thus far.  She’s kept SB’s miscarriage secret from everyone.  It sounds like SB may have come clean to her about the whole thing (or maybe just the fact that she lost the baby but no more)?  Which could be why SB tells her to keep KHJ in the dark?  To save her from going through more pain?  

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Just now, nrllee said:

Yes.  I think NJD still wants BOTH his family and a shot at the Blue House.  He still believes that he can juggle both well.  He’s walking a tightrope there.

I agree. Its a pity that KHJ cant be by NJD's side like other assemblyman's wives who supports their husbands's ambition but chose to be in the shadows because of her past. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

I agree. Its a pity that KHJ cant be by NJD's side like other assemblyman's wives who supports their husbands's ambition but chose to be in the shadows because of her past. 

I think even if she decides to be by his side and help him campaign, I get the feeling she will not approve of how he manipulates the public sentiment using information about the people he meets.  There were clear differences in how they both felt about whether he should’ve released the information on TV about the mill lady’s suicide attempt.  He didn’t think it was wrong to release more information to swing the public sentiment against the Med student.  KHJ didn’t like it at all.  She felt that the repercussions for his parents with another onslaught of hate comments would increase their suffering.  

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

Just now, nrllee said:

I think even if she decides to be by his side and help him campaign, I get the feeling she will not approve of how he manipulates the public sentiment using information about the people he meets.  There were clear differences in how they both felt about whether he should’ve released the information on TV about the mill lady’s suicide attempt.  He didn’t think it was wrong to release more information to swing the public sentiment against the Med student.  KHJ didn’t like it at all.  She felt that the repercussions for his parents with another onslaught of hate comments would increase their suffering.  

Gosh! i hope KHJ will not find out that it was WJ and NJD who posted the assault video. I just dont want this couple's marriage to fall apart. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3

Ep10

• KHJ notices that NJD has 2 National Assembly pins.  She found one on the floor of their bedroom and he had one already pinned to his coat.  Duplicity metaphor?  He wants both his wife and his political career?  Or he wants her to join him in his crusade (more likely this because of what happens by the end of the ep).

• YJ and KHJ visit YJ’s daughter’s Columbarium site.  The dad shows up.  They have an altercation.  He was charged with murder suicide and sentenced to 7years imprisonment (he didn’t manage to kill YJ - she woke up in hospital after his attempt).

• NJD and WJ visit mill lady.  WJ had already visited her earlier to appease her with the new bill they want to present

• The release of NJD being beat up by Med student’s father is not enough to overshadow the bad press from the granddaughter’s history of being a sex worker.  NJD’s team needed another sex crime case where the assailant killed themselves to tip the public to their side.  WJ mentions they already have one up their sleeve (is he referring to KHJ’s case?)?  Will NJD literally throw his wife under the bus?  

• SB wants her phone back (JD had picked it up from her mom). JD says he bought her that phone?  And she can only get it back if she pays him $1M won.  She tried to find YJ at the restaurant but YJ is away visiting the columbarium.  The other lady lets her in.  SB sees that she’s not an honest employee and pockets money when YJ isn’t around.  YJ arrives just before SB leaves.  SB asks for $2M won.  YJ gives it to her, no questions asked.   And tells her to text her if she needs any more.  SB tells her about the worker who pockets money.

• SH and KY visit med student’s parents.  SH denies putting up the post.  

• SH wants to confront KHJ and tell everyone that she caused her brother’s death.  KY suggests they just leave all this behind and move to Australia together.  SH turns it down because she can’t leave her mom on her own. 

• KHJ receives a call from SB’s phone.  JD meets up with her.  Spins a story to try to sift information about SB and JH.  Tells her SB is a thief.  Seeds some doubt in KHJ’s mind.  Confirms that SB is pregnant with JH’s baby.  Looks like he will use it to blackmail NJD. 

• YJ is looking to sell the restaurant and move away.  She seems embarrassed that KHJ got dragged into the whole thing with her ex. 

• KY contacts NJD and wants to tell him something about Kang and his mother in law’s land deal.  His Trolley moment.  He will sacrifice the many to save his wife (the one).  NJD meets up with Kang after KY’s phone call.  So I am unsure if he’s going to rat KY out or not.  

• JD organizes to meet up with SB. Flashback reveals JD talking to JH and asking him if he’s seen SB lately.  JH says no.  JD figures out that JH lied to him to protect SB. JH realized then that JD posed a threat to her. JD is angry that he was lied to and says he would’ve killed JH had he been alive. 

• KHJ tells NJD about her meeting with JH’s friend JD. He warns her not to talk to him again and to forget trying to help SB. NJD says he can’t ever forgive SB because he holds her responsible for JH’s death but he backpedals and ensures it’s not related to what happened to her in the past.  KHJ tells NJD she hopes SB never finds out about the last text message which didn’t send from JH saying he will kill himself.  She doesn’t want SB to live with the burden of thinking she was the reason for his death (like KHJ has had to endure).  She asks NJD to never tell SB about it if she contacts him in future.  NJD looks conflicted at her request but he agrees in principle to her request (he doesn’t believe SB will ever call him). 

• NJD tells her that KY has been in contact and says he’s had a meeting with Kang who knows all about the case from long ago.  He wants to publicize the whole incident from before to beat them to it.  What?  He’s really willing to throw her under the bus for his own political agenda?  He claims he doesn’t trust KY to keep quiet about it.  KHJ doesn’t believe KY would go back on his word to keep quiet.  He tries to convince her that her story will help his cause to pass the amendment to the Bill.  KHJ needs time to think it through so she heads outside for a walk. 

• KHJ walks to YJ’s restaurant.  WJ is there too because he remembered YJ’s daughter’s death anniversary.  They talk about the case back then and how they tried to make the Amendment pass about filicide (killing one’s own children).  WJ and KHJ talk about NJD and his character (how wonderful he is).  All this while YJ is silent and looks angry?  KHJ gets a phone call from NJD and heads outside to take the call.  YJ flashback to when they last met.  WJ had told her NOT to do anything.  Huh?  So she told him about the miscarriage?  YJ asks what he was really there for.  WJ assured her it was just to pay his respects to her.  Like hell he is.  He’s sending her a message to remind her to keep her mouth shut.  Or sweeten the deal with some other offer (probably to do with justice for her deceased daughter).

• YS has unresolved anger against JH for bringing disrepute and sadness to the whole family.

• KHJ talks to YJ about what NJD asks of her.  YJ tells her she should trust NJD (was this because WJ was only just there with his passive aggressive threat?).  KHJ reveals she’s afraid of what SH’s mother in law will do if the truth comes out.  She asks aloud if the passing of the amendment for the greater good justifies the families suffering as a result?  

• KHJ returns home to tell NJD that she’s okay for him to reveal the case so long as she doesn’t have to appear in public for it.  NJD promises her and thanks her for her sacrifice.  KHJ says she trusts him. 

• Next morning, KHJ heads out of the house to work only to be confronted by a mob of reporters asking her if she really killed someone 20years ago.  All the memories from the past comes flooding back and we hear NJD’s promise as a voiceover.  “Trust me. No matter what happens, I will protect you.”

Addendum - https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20220805000447 (killing one’s own child isn’t treated as harshly as killing one’s parent/grandparent).   This was the law YJ/WJ and NJD were trying to amend early on 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

A fun clip from the press conference where the lead actors watched the drama together and made comments...... 

While they were discussing taking off shirts in the drama, the scene of Episode 9 where KHJ lifted NJD's shirt (to check his injury) was mentioned.  Kim Mu-yeo revealed that PHS asked him where to find a good fitness center. He would like to do some training for these shirt-lifting scenes.   It was when KHJ mentioned the scene in Episode 9.  She made fun of PHS saying that he curved his body to make his abs look better.  PHS blushed and explained that NJD was supposed to have a minor fracture in his ribs. He was just acting....... LOL

https://fb.watch/i6Z9mNjwDk/

• LOL 5

Here are the ratings for Episode 10! :).

dummy.png?s=900x600&e=t

“Missing: The Other Side 2” And “Brain Works” Enjoy Boosts In Viewership While “Trolley” Sees Dip

Brain Works,” “Trolley,” and “Missing: The Other Side 2” have switched places in terms of viewership ratings!

Meanwhile, “Trolley” only earned a viewership rating of 3.3 percent for the broadcast of episode 10. This is a 1.1 percent decrease compared to the show’s January 16 broadcast.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1563371wpp/missing-the-other-side-2-and-brain-works-enjoy-boosts-in-viewership-while-trolley-sees-dip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3