[Drama 2022] Eve • 이브

Maetawinz

Here is the ratings for Episode 5! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Jinxed At First” Premieres To No. 1 In Ratings As “Eve” And “Insider” Follow Close Behind

tvN’s “Eve” achieved an average nationwide rating of 3.537 percent, marking a small boost from the previous episode’s score of 3.0 percent.

“Jinxed At First” Premieres To No. 1 In Ratings As “Eve” And “Insider” Follow Close Behind | Soompi

• Like 3

6 hours ago, lila21 said:

So, what is his connection to the bandoneon

6 hours ago, lila21 said:

Why did La El go to the store to look at the bandoneon?

both of them believed the tale that Maria told them about.. if you play using that specific bandoneon crafted by the .. i forgot the name, it will give peace to the soul of the wronged death.. so i assume, KYK needed it for his birth mom, and La El needed it for her dad..

6 hours ago, minglanfan2 said:

KYG drags Lee Ra El for flirting with his step brother and it doesn't bother the obsessed wife?:crazymad:

No gossip for such an action to raise suspicion of his watchful FIL or LeeRaEl's husband? I hope it wasn't lazy direction/writing/editing and we will have a flashback which justify why the sequence didn't raise alarm bells to derail the revenge game even before it began.

second this too!

So Ra was delighted that KYK's brother flirting with Su Bin annoyed the sis in law, and then all the shouting was so, unacceptable for such rich people events isn't it? KYK confronting his bro and shoving him to the ground.. hahaha it's just weird they can still talk in a deserted area of the event.. i was like, huh? how was that even possible??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/16/2022 at 7:59 AM, minglanfan2 said:

KYG drags Lee Ra El for flirting with his step brother and it doesn't bother the obsessed wife?

No gossip for such an action to raise suspicion of his watchful FIL or LeeRaEl's husband? I hope it wasn't lazy direction/writing/editing and we will have a flashback which justify why the sequence didn't raise alarm bells to derail the revenge game even before it began.

@minglanfan2  It did cross my mind.  But then I thought:

- In Dramaland, they can miraculously obliterate Gossips as and when they need to.

- The FIL and his henchmen are not there

- Han So Ra is busy quarrelling with her Sis-In-Law to notice Kang Yoon Gyeom ( or Kang Yoon Kyum.  Why did they have so many different Spellings for their names?) dragging Ra-El away.  Besides So Ra has a Vendetta with those In-Laws. So if Ra-El can seduce her Bro-In-Law, she will be delighted.  I think before that scene, Ra-El did briefly mention to So Ra about taking over her Bro-In-Law's Departmental Store Business

What I cannot accept is :

1) There are other Guests, illustrious Businessmen watching.  What will they think.

2) Where is Ra-El's husband?  He seems to "Appear" or "Disappear" by her side whenever convenient to the Story.

3) Ra-El & KYG.  Or Ra-El & Seo Eun Pyeong can disappear to some Private Place to talk whenever they like.  And no one will miss them or be suspicious.

On 6/16/2022 at 7:56 AM, lila21 said:

1) What did he do in Argentina? In the first episode when KYK first saw La El dancing the tango, his first thought was the instrument that was played for tango dancing, the bandoneon, which was considered as the voice and soul of tango music. That was when he really first got intrigued with La El. He even paid a high price just to own the original bandoneon that was on sale at the antique store. La El was also interested in it and went to the store to look at the bandoneon and by chance saw KYK come in to the store. The store keeper pointed at KYK and told La El that he was the richest man who paid for the instrument. 2) So, what is his connection to the bandoneon and what was he doing in Argentina aside from working there at his family's holding company? Why did La El go to the store to look at the bandoneon? What is the connection between the two, Argentina and the bandoneon? We know that they bumped into each other at the house La El was staying when she was  leaving and he was just coming in. Maria said that they are twin flames and as such could end up burning each other. What is the connection between KYK, La El, Argentina and the bandoneon if any? Why did KYK go to the house where La El was staying just when La El was leaving?

@lila21

1) Before the Merger with Gedik Semiconductors (Ra-El's father's company), the LY Group is not doing so well.  Not so Powerful.   Remember, it is placed at No 30 among other Companies Nationwide.  Still struggling.  So the LY Group has a Branch in Buenos Aires, Argentina.  Both Ra-El's husband and Kang Joon Kyun were stationed there. (Of course, Ra-El's husband cross over to LY Group after the Merger)

2) Actually there is nothing special about these Connections. They were added here to make the story sounds more  Mythical that's all.

a) If you observe carefully, Maria and Ra-El were in a sort of restaurant.  I presume Maria owned a Restaurant or Cafe.  And they have Tango Performance there as well.  So Ra-El Mastered Tango Dancing from there.

b) When you have Tango, you will have a Bandoneon.  

c) Mr Astor Piazzolla is a Famous  Argentinian  Tango Composer, Bandoneon Player and Arranger.  He has composed many Famous Classics  (Music) for Tango with his Bandoneon.  So his Bandoneon is a Rare Gem to have.

d) Added to that, they are "Twin Flames".

e) As Ra-El has said to KYK. There are 2 types of people who dance Tango. One who wants to dance.  One who needs the Dance.  And that "Tango" can repair and heal feelings.  Due to their Emotional Baggage, they both needs Tango.

f) And then of course the Legend that it will give peace to the soul of someone who suffered  a Wrongful Death.  KYK's biological mother. La El's biological father.

When KYK was in Buenos Aires, he was still struggling - in Business and with the Memory of his Deceased Mother.  He finds Comfort in the Bandoneon Music. And what a better person to talk to about Tango and Bandoneon than Maria?  If the restaurant she operated has TANGO as entertainment?

Ra-El once asked KYK if he knows "La Boca" but he said "No".  In Ep 4 when he met Ra-el at the "La Boca" - a Tango Club, he brought up the subject again.

This time he admitted that he knows "La-Boca" - the place where Tango was "Borned".  A poor and dirty Port which to KYK is more Comfortable than an Expensive Hotel.

Just an Observation.  Kang Yoon Kyum has No Physical Relationship with his Wife or any Woman for about 5 years or more.  So it is No Wonder if he is Easily Aroused by Ra-El.  He must be Dying for One.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

17 hours ago, minglanfan2 said:

Yeah I was asking the same question and probably everyone else.

Anyhow, viewed episode 5 and Ra El finally succeeds in a full seduction getting KYK to ignore his wife's birthday and go to her. 5 years with no woman is a long time and then suddenly getting the woman he really wants.... for those moments he was free to express his feelings, no one telling him who he is and what he does not deserve, for those moments he can be himself. In his mind Ra El was a woman with no connection to his past or the past of his family. What happens when he finds out who Ra El really is? That he was used for revenge? If he will be informed of the violence in the takeover of the Gedik Company, how Ra El's father was killed and Ra El's legacy stolen, having experienced prejudice from his own family himself and the suspicious death of his mother, will he sympathize with Ra El and do everything to make it up to her, give up his cushy life, help to return the properties to the rightful owners? Just like Ra El who was alone mourning at the funeral of her father, was he the only mourner in his mother's funeral or did she even have any? Whom will he chose, his family or Ra El knowing what Ra El is all about? He is working to have the company of his family listed at the NY Stock Exchange which he is hoping will make them more money. But now, that his own father will not even allow him to be chairman, what will be his choice? Ra El is also goading So Ra to steal the mall from her SIL, trigger a fight between families? 

• Like 3

I kept skipping Gold Mask because it was too boring and pathetic and I kept FFW this show because it is so intense. 
It's rated 15? 
The guy is almost 50 and his face is unlined or is it air brushed?

It's really too kdrama if they share the same bed for 5 years just to sleep.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

There are no protagonists here.. everyone is a mess and need to be at a psych ward ; complete with padded walls with strait jackets.

"Eye for an eye and the world will go blind" or so the saying goes. Nothing good comes out of revenge but boy do they make for an entertaining watch!

La El is now tangled into a web she made herself in with probably no way out~ The 2 men who try desperately to rescue her. I feel for Kang as he's just a pawn, very much like La El.

So Ra is the product of her diabolical father. Money enabled her maniacal ways and she has been used to always getting her way. As for Seo LoL oh dear. 

I wonder what's in it for the lady posing as La El's "mom"? Why is she so controlling of La El, what's their connection? And to La El's so-called hubs... I don't think he has anything to do with her father.. he's probably a scapegoat just like all the rest. Btw is Bo Ram really her daughter? I really feel for Da Bi her mom is a raging psycho.

I don't particularly enjoy all the violence and assault that's so prevalent in many Korean dramas. Especially when parents smack the crap out of adult children in particular to be unsettling.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

14 hours ago, hush puppy said:

@minglanfan2  It did cross my mind.  But then I thought:

- In Dramaland, they can miraculously obliterate Gossips as and when they need to.

- The FIL and his henchmen are not there

- Han So Ra is busy quarrelling with her Sis-In-Law to notice Kang Yoon Gyeom ( or Kang Yoon Kyum.  Why did they have so many different Spellings for their names?) dragging Ra-El away.  Besides So Ra has a Vendetta with those In-Laws. So if Ra-El can seduce her Bro-In-Law, she will be delighted.  I think before that scene, Ra-El did briefly mention to So Ra about taking over her Bro-In-Law's Departmental Store Business

What I cannot accept is :

1) There are other Guests, illustrious Businessmen watching.  What will they think.

2) Where is Ra-El's husband?  He seems to "Appear" or "Disappear" by her side whenever convenient to the Story.

3) Ra-El & KYG.  Or Ra-El & Seo Eun Pyeong can disappear to some Private Place to talk whenever they like.  And no one will miss them or be suspicious.

Yeah the convenient scenario always pops up in kdramas. Suddenly there is a blind spot and significant twists go unnoticed.Yet at times a casual appearance gives insights to characters for cracking a mystery faster than a superhero.:D

Capitulation of KYG/KYK was too fast in ep 5.Why did he give up being suspicious of Ra-El in a flash?The shrewd calculative emotionally frozen LY group CEO just sleep walked into the role of a passionate lover of Ra-El.

He was slightly more convincing about his turmoil in ep 4.

5 hours ago, lila21 said:

Yeah I was asking the same question and probably everyone else.

Anyhow, viewed episode 5 and Ra El finally succeeds in a full seduction getting KYK to ignore his wife's birthday and go to her. 5 years with no woman is a long time and then suddenly getting the woman he really wants.... for those moments he was free to express his feelings, no one telling him who he is and what he does not deserve, for those moments he can be himself. In his mind Ra El was a woman with no connection to his past or the past of his family. What happens when he finds out who Ra El really is? That he was used for revenge? If he will be informed of the violence in the takeover of the Gedik Company, how Ra El's father was killed and Ra El's legacy stolen, having experienced prejudice from his own family himself and the suspicious death of his mother, will he sympathize with Ra El and do everything to make it up to her, give up his cushy life, help to return the properties to the rightful owners? Just like Ra El who was alone mourning at the funeral of her father, was he the only mourner in his mother's funeral or did she even have any? Whom will he chose, his family or Ra El knowing what Ra El is all about? He is working to have the company of his family listed at the NY Stock Exchange which he is hoping will make them more money. But now, that his own father will not even allow him to be chairman, what will be his choice? Ra El is also goading So Ra to steal the mall from her SIL, trigger a fight between families? 

Judging by the speed of how Ra-El and KYG/KYK got together.Butting heads with a sense of betrayal and heavy heart might crop up soon.

Ra-EL wants both the families to have a public showdown and drive each other to the ground.Not sure if fake mom would end up being a spoilsport.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, minglanfan2 said:

Ra-EL wants both the families to have a public showdown and drive each other to the ground.Not sure if fake mom would end up being a spoilsport.

The Kangs vs the Hans and fake mom's purpose is unknown, what does she want and who is the person she really wants to have revenge on, KYG, the Hans, the Kangs, both families? Who is she really and what is her story? She has money as she is the one who bankrolls the revenge and Ra El.

Anyway, the frozen CEO .... beautiful woman whom he has been attracted to since he saw her dance the tango music instrument, the bandoneon, very much availabe and 5 years of crazy wifey...whom he could not bear to touch...aye....he still only human 

2 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

And to La El's so-called hubs... I don't think he has anything to do with her father.. he's probably a scapegoat just like all the rest

@Latte_Anydayfake hubby helped the director of the Gedik company steal the will from the teenage Ra El after her father died and her mother hospitalized. That director was supposed to be the one to protect Ra El and the will assigning Ra El as the sole heir but that man betrayed Ra El's father when the father died. The fake hubby was with the director and was the one who searched the house and found the will while teen age Ra El was down on the floor unconscious her head bleeding when she got pushed by the so called friend of her father and hit her head.

3 hours ago, maribella said:

t's really too kdrama if they share the same bed for 5 years just to sleep.

not sure if they share the same bed since wifey does not even know if hubby left the house early, would she not know if hubby woke up early and prepped to leave the house early especially on her b-day?

Anyhow, what is Seo Pyeong planning?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

52 minutes ago, lila21 said:

not sure if they share the same bed since wifey does not even know if hubby left the house early, would she not know if hubby woke up early and prepped to leave the house early especially on her b-day?

She went ballistic when he moved into the guest room. They must be sharing the same room. While allowing for kdrama strangeness, the wife would not have agreed to two beds. Why didn't she realise he had left? Puzzling. But the house is super huge, it must be a super king size bed. 

1 hour ago, lila21 said:

hubby helped the director of the Gedik company steal the will from the teenage Ra El after her father died and her mother hospitalized. That director was supposed to be the one to protect Ra El and the will assigning Ra El as the sole heir but that man betrayed Ra El's father when the father died. The fake hubby was with the director and was the one who searched the house and found the will while teen age Ra El was down on the floor unconscious her head bleeding when she got

So RE has some amnesia of what happened to her? 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Here is the ratings for Episode 6! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Jinxed At First” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode + “Eve” Hits New All-Time High

Meanwhile, tvN’s “Eve” achieved its highest viewership ratings to date with its sixth episode. The romance-revenge drama starring Seo Ye Ji, Lee Sang Yeob, and Park Byung Eun scored an average nationwide rating of 3.9 percent, marking a new personal record for the show.

“Jinxed At First” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode + “Eve” Hits New All-Time High | Soompi

• Like 3

4 hours ago, maribella said:

It's rated 15? 

i think other than ep3, the rest are rated 19

200.gif

2 hours ago, lila21 said:

what does she want and who is the person she really wants to have revenge on, KYG, the Hans, the Kangs, both families?

seems like Han Pan Ro.. her gaze grew intense when he made his appearance at Liyan event.

i love the remark that La El made to fake mom at the secret room.. you are old enough so you should not make mistake with your words (something along this line... i can't remember the exact word).. it totally threw her off hahaha at least that should have shaved some smugness off that fake mom.. she kept insisting her young age and mistakes.. and of cos, she is too old to try seduce anyone too

Season 9 Phoebe GIF by Friends

i'm assuming KYK has no love for So Ra throughout the marriage, so he has been restrained and suppressing his feelings all the years.

the bandoneon in the performance caught his attention, the tango dance by La El.. she plays the bandoneon.. the beauty and classy flair.. the fluency and high intellectual demeanor.. and of cos, the seduction caused him to really fall in love..

3 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I don't particularly enjoy all the violence and assault that's so prevalent in many Korean dramas. Especially when parents smack the crap out of adult children in particular to be unsettling

it runs in the Han family as well.. Han Pan Ro and that lackey kim against those who do not submit to their demands.. So Ra with the Dr Toy Boy.. and see how she slapped KYK's secretary..

4 hours ago, maribella said:

The guy is almost 50 and his face is unlined or is it air brushed?

wow.. i didn't realise the actor is that age range?

==

i like Seo Eun Pyeong.. the actor himself is so good at showing feelings through his eyes and gaze..

every time he looks at La El.. i can almost feel the overflowing sympathy, his pain seeing her grow up this way.. although to So Ra, its just sheer smitten

@confusedheart- chingu, where are you??

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Hi Everybody!  It is good to see this Thread buzzing with Life again. :wub:

1) So I was right.  Han So Ra was a Divorcee before she married Kang Yoon Kyum.  She has to be.  Because when she married KYK, she was already in her Early 30's. (30, 31, 32).  So it is possible that her Eldest Daughter is not from KYK.

2) So,  Han So Ra was the One who wanted her Father to Takeover Lee Tae Jun's (Ra-El's father} company - "Gediks Semiconductors".  To give it as a "Dowry" to KYK.  Her Father will do anything for her.  Clean up her mess.  Which is why she remains a "Spoilt Brat".  Throwing Tantrums just because her husband didn't celebrate her Birthday with her. Never grow up.

She is just as "Cold-Blooded" as Han Pan Ro.  She should receive Zero Sympathy from anyone.  (Do you all wonder why there is No Mention of Han So Ra's Mother at all?)

She is leading such a wasteful life.  Shopping everyday.  Never caring for her Family and Daughter. ( I would be Bored if I were her)

3) I sympathise with Kang Yoon Kyum.  As most of us would have known, KYK got into this Mess in trying to get out of his Bio-Father's grip.  If the Han Family is a decent family, KYK would have been a good Son-In-Law.  

I wonder if Ra-El will have a Soft Spot for KYK now.  Revenge has to be carried through.  But I think she will feel a little for KYK.  Her Fake Mom was "Spying" on them when they spoke for a while - in Ep 6.  The Fake Mom & Ra-El may differ in Opinions in the Final Stage - a Fall-Out in the making?

4) So, Kang Yoon Kyum not only had his Mobile tracked, but his Car as well.  How could he loves such a Wife.  That is why he said he "off" his mobile because he wanted a Rest.  So Ra said you could have rested at Home.   But KYK  said: "Your Home".  He never felt "at Home" all these years.  Falling in love with Ra-El must have been such a Consolation for him.  Finally he can have a Peaceful Sleep - a Normal Family. He has been Very Tired.  I am amazed that he did not  have a Nervous Break Down.

But the Biggest Irony is - Now His Mobile Is Hacked By Ra-El !   Falling from one Trap into Another.  Poor Man. :pensive:

5) I don't like the way KYK's father always called his Mom - a lowly maid.  Then why did you covet a Lowly Maid?  That would have made him a Lowly Scoundrel.  Unfaithful men never blame themselves.  It is alway their Victim - The Woman.

And now, we have to wait One Long Week for Ep 7......

:crybaby:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

51 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

He has been Very Tired.  I am amazed that he did not  Break Down.

he enjoyed the warmth from simple home cooked food of fried rice and a plate of banchan much more than the expensive delicacies.. that scene depicts much irony of a super rich man.. also how pathetic he could have been in his rich family life

• Like 3

I forgot to mention:

1) I don't like the  Eye Make-Up of Ra-El in Ep 6.  It makes her look so Ugly.  Especially the "Brownish Eye-Shadow Liner".

2) I don't like the Big, Heavy Necklace which Kang Yoon Kyum gave her after their First Night together.  Looks more like a "Motor-Cycle Lock-Chain" -  so Ugly.  I wonder who is the Designer.  Poor Aesthetic Taste.

3) The story would have been Better if Ra-El has No Bodily Scars or Tatoos.  She could have had Plastic Surgery to remove them.  Using a "Cosmetic Concealer" is so Unrealistic.  How could a Man desire a Woman who have Scars all over her Body.  Not to mention her Aneroxic Body.

4) Han Pan Ro is so Old already.  He has no Heir to his Business/ Financial Empire.  Why so Crazy on building Wealth. Time to relax and be Kind for a change.  At least let your Son-In-Law takes over.

9 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

he enjoyed the warmth from simple home cooked food of fried rice and a plate of banchan much more than the expensive delicacies.. that scene depicts much irony of a super rich man.. also how pathetic he could have been in his rich family life

@sadthe1st  Exactly.  When you look at Kang Yoon Kyum, it makes one think, "Never Judge A Book By It's Cover".  We don't know what kind of a Private Life they have led.  The difficulties they have gone through.

In Conclusion, I believe this Drama has no Romance.   When all is over,  Ra-El will leave with Seo Eun Pyeong to lead a Peaceful and Quiet Life.  But I'm sure she will always remember Kang Yoon Kyum in a little corner of her Heart.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

36 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

2) I don't like the Big, Heavy Necklace which Kang Yoon Kyum gave her after their First Night together.  Looks more like a "Motor-Cycle Chain" -  so Ugly.  I wonder who is the Designer.  Poor Aesthetic Taste.

haha that's one expensive necklace though, 75k euros

https://www.bulgari.com/en-int/jewellery/necklaces/serpenti-viper-necklace-white-gold-348165

1337226.png

cr.: owner

38 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

He has no Heir to his Business/ Financial Empire.  Why so Crazy on building Wealth. Time to relax and be Kind for a change.  At least let your Son-In-Law takes over.

he was so delighted to assume that if Seo Eun Pyeong is elected, it will be smooth sailing for him and his business for another 20 years.. if Han So Ra is 45, he could have been in his 60s.. wow, he wants to continue be ambitious until his 80s or 90s..

40 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

When all is over,

frankly speaking, i doubt she will have a peaceful or happy ending..

no offense to any chingus who are rooting for her..

after seeing the downfall of the Han family and that lackey kim, she is likely injured through the process, or jailed.. or just gave up on her life. she is barely living, other than struggling to live each day with revenge to motivate her forward..

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

7 hours ago, lila21 said:

The Kangs vs the Hans and fake mom's purpose is unknown, what does she want 

Anyway, the frozen CEO .... beautiful woman whom he has been attracted to since he saw her dance the tango music instrument, the bandoneon, very much availabe and 5 years of crazy wifey...whom he could not bear to touch...aye....he still only human

Does the fake mom want to corner and take over the Han empire? She was so excited on the oppurtunity to seize their money laundering enterprise but less enthusiastic about bringing the Han and Kang family masterminds to trial.

Ceo Kang is a sharp and shrewd guy who knew that he was being watched and tabs were kept on him.He has been building up evidences of his own in the hidden safe room for future help.He is similar to Ra-El in patiently biding his time.For a man who knows Ra-El has ulterior motive for pursuing him, the turmoil to give in and be blinded against better judgement fell flat in characterization for me.

The actress playing Ra-El was better in the emotive department.

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

haha that's one expensive necklace though, 75k euros

https://www.bulgari.com/en-int/jewellery/necklaces/serpenti-viper-necklace-white-gold-348165

cr.: owner

Ra-El is in a viper's embrace or she is the deadly viper to be careful of?

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote images. Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3

I like both of the Male Characters :  Kang Yoon Kyum and Seo Eun Pyeong.   They are basically good men.

I like the way KYK treats others: 

- He told So Ra to be kind to their Housekeeping staff

- After knowing that his Secretary took orders from So Ra, he forgives and gives him a Second Chance.

- He is kind and gentle to his daughter.

A lot of Viewers scolded him for the way he treated Ra-El  at the La Boca Tango Club - pushing her to the ground and asking her to behave like a Dog to it's Owner. 

I Believe he was reacting to his own Demons and Fears :

The Fear of falling-in-love with the Wrong Person again. 

- The Fear of being under the Control of someone again.  Like he has been under his Bio-Father and Father-In-Law.

- The Fear that his Father-In-Law will get her killed.

But Sadly and Ironically, he came under the Control of Ra-El again.  I guess One cannot fight against One's Karma.

:sad1:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1