[Drama 2022] Eve • 이브

Maetawinz

18 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

to portray ML as an illegitimate son who is all brainy for the business but just paving the way for the elder legit son to take over..

and a FL who is shaken by the twin flames tale and the deep belief of the legendary bandoneon..

If you wanted to make me even more furious at the turn of events - you've succeeded my friend! What utter nonsense is this train wreck heading towards? I signed up for some 'Bang ! Bang!' but not the kind 2nd FL has in mind though. :lol: Poor boy toy, he might just be the downfall for her. I think a storm is brewing inside him and he might just explode. 

25 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

oh, and the 2FL who calls the macho toy boy as a doctor for consultation hahahaha!!

I did a double take after that scene. I was like 'What!'

26 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:
Spoiler

the most recent revenge kdrama i watched with a ridiculous progress and end story is Reflection of You.. hahaha

I watched Lee Yu-ri's revenge dramas like Ice Adonis and The Promise  and though partly I loved them, her character falling in love always ruined things and I endfed up hating the endings. 

A shoutout to  Seo Ye-ji, please show us some Uma Thurman badass moves! 

This scene was phenomenal 

Viewers' descretion is advised - violence  

Spoiler

• Like 6
  • Unamused 1

Hi Everyone !  Only now do I have the time to watch Ep 4.  :lol:   

I like it though :  The Tensions,  The Revelations.

Kang Yoon Gyeom

-  So Kang Yoon Gyeom's Bio-Father is just as Ruthless as his FIL. 

-  Kang Yoon Gyeom  is an Illegitimate Son, the product of a casual fling with a Maid.  (Just like a Chinese Emperor's Harem Stories)

-  Then have Kang Yoon Gyeom's Mother (Maid) killed in a  Fake-Accident.  And later list KYG under his Legal Wife

-  Kang Yoon Gyeom is also a Tortured Soul like Lee Ra El

Seo Eun Pyeon

- So Ra El's father has been like a Father to SEP.

- Which is why SEP is so caring to Ra El.  That makes sense.

Actually I would prefer Ra El to end up with SEP.    But it seems the Scriptwriter has other ideas.    Coming with the "Twin Flames"  Theory and what not...

When I first watch "Eve", I thought SEP is the Male Lead.  But quickly realise that he is not. :lol:

The Tensions Between The 2 Leads:

- At Ra El's first visit to Kang Yoon Gyeom's house.  When their hands touched while getting to the Drinking Glasses.

- The foray into KYG's Study and his Secret Room is a "Lazy-Script-writing Idea".  Very poorly executed.  How can the daughter kept her Ballet Shoes in there without her father knowing it?  How did she get the "Secret Code"? How can a tiny girl like her open the Heavy door? Even Ra El is struggling with it.  How can Kang Yoon Gyeom not get Angry with Ra EL for being in his Study? What if the little girl later confesses to her father that they had entered his "Secret Room"?.  Ra EL was all Shaken Up when KYG entered the room.  This part is Ridiculous.

- The Final Meeting at her "La Boca" Dance Hall.  So finally they seal their Relationship.  Ep 4 would have ended with a "Bang" if they have shown us more.  Instead of just Stand there and Kiss. 

P/S:  I don't like Han So Ra's scene with her Doctor Love.   Simply "No Class" and Distasteful to have her Slave-Lover  Kissing Her Thighs.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

14 hours ago, confusedheart said:

What? That's so disgusting! God damn it! And he is let off the hook just like that? Where is the justice is this god forsaken wold? Corruption and undiluted power  everywhere. If he is accused of pedophilia, the allegations against SYJ's seems quite trivial. What on earth  is wrong with people! How did LK get away with these very serious allegations against him, chingu? I am not very well versed in K gossip. 

I have a theory that MIL is perhaps HSR's mother/ step mother because remember in episode 3, she commented that she was in this because they ruined her daughter. And she was going to take revenge for doing ruining her daughter. I know this seems far fetched but if we need to tie the loose ends together, we need a motive for her to be in this dangerous game and all this talk about an elder daughter, makes me think that perhaps there is a possibility of the two being the same person. 

Yep, I was shocked too. I don’t know how he was able to stay in the industry, I first learned about this in one of Miss Kdrama’s (a youtuber) videos recently. It feels unfair he easily gets casted in dramas without any protest from viewers, but SYJ did for this show.

oh wow! Chingu that’s a very fascinating theory especially because I just realized I’ve never seen SRs mom. I was processing everything so far I didn’t even realize the possibly missing pieces(characters) missing to fill in the blanks and mystery.  I mean to support your theory, the MIL was a founding member in whatever that group is in Liyan that one of the Unnis said didn’t even allow new members but LRL said her mother was an alumni. But I will say my theory is that she is the mother of the singer mentioned when YKK gets the call about Madame Jung dead “..killed the same way that singer died.” And I think his mom. My question is, is this YKKs first affair since his marriage? Viewers seem to theorize the mothers daughter was an ex lover of YKK..maybe a dancer too thus why MIL maybe instructed LRL to use dancing as a seduction. And that he too was with hostesses at Madame jungs bar. But on the other end we have his FIL and many other people mentioning him never having “woman” problems or any scandals. So I wonder what the truth is...maybe it was a woman before he married SR.

LMAOOOO  your kill Bill comment sent me :joy:

@sadthe1stwow that would be such a. Twist! So the MIL would actually be his aunt..and the girl who died his cousin...wowowowowowow. I like that the story just jumped into (semi)present day(cause we still had that 3 month time skip preview too). And that we are learning about the past in pieces depending on the POV of each person with a different reveal.

@lila21my bad I am still getting used to the name acronyms. I meant KYK(called him YKK in text above). The chairman.

• Like 5

On 5/4/2022 at 2:31 AM, Oksana Sutra said:

This remained me about Revenge TV serial, I loved this show so much, so if Eve is something like this  I would like to see it.

SYJ is fantastic like always:fullofhearts:

It's like 75% similarity with Revenge. So Nolan Ross is probably Sang Yeob, and the father might be alive:idk:

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

17 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i’m guessing that the other victim who died might be the fake MIL’s daughter.. it was a 3 car collision with 2 dead victims.. one was Kang Yoon Kyum’s birth mom, the other one might be the daughter (birth mom and her sister, meaning Yoon Kyum's aunt..). then again like what @philosophie’s theory, it could also be Kang Yoon Kyum chose Han So Ra over her daughter for power, and she might have committed suicide or being “cleaned away” by Han So Ra’s dad and that lackey..i seriously detest that guy!

@sadthe1stand @philosophiethe theory that that Jang Mon Hee's daughter was one of those who died in that car together with  . KYK's mom. JMH said, that "he (meaning KYK) chose to go to them, meaning the Hans and the Kangs. As for the other theory of KYK having a love affair with JMH daughter and choosing SoRa over the daughter, I doubt that KYK would have time for a love affair with someone of his mother's class as he ambitiously wanted to show his father that he can rise and be at the same social level and power as him. For KYK the only way he could gain power and the respect of his father is to marry into a powerful political family plus he has the brains to steer and take charge of the company. He is dangerous because he has a lot to lose if anyone will know his secret that he is illegitimate. JMH said that never in Korean history will an illegitimate son be given the right to be an heir of the wealth and position of his father, therefore the revenge plan will not work and they need to rethink their plan. It seems Ra El is not on the same page.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

11 hours ago, confusedheart said:

If you wanted to make me even more furious at the turn of events - you've succeeded my friend!

hahaha chill chill my dear chingu!

at least in this drama we know of the white car of doom.. and the driver.

Poor boy toy, he might just be the downfall for her. I think a storm is brewing inside him and he might just explode.

when he shifted not to meet the eyes of Han Pan Ro, i'm quite sure the wily old fox sensed something is off.

and that old man has been feeding his hounds raw bloody meat, training them probably to hunt and kill off the preys as well.. that's dangerous, Dr. Toy Boy might get ripped soon..

11 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Very poorly executed. 

double hands and legs up agreeing on this! there's all the marks on the top of the secret door which are so visible.. and Kang Yoon Kyum noticed those as well..

for someone as shrewd and cautious, he already knew La El had a secret agenda yet he let these all slipped through.. was it cos, he was smoked by her seduction or, he is just playing along with her to find out what she really knows?

i'm suspecting either Kang Yoon Kyum's marriage was a staged plot by either his father making use of the illegitimate son's marriage to strengthen the business ties of LY Group with the ex prime minister power, or his own choice to stabilise his status in the family. given that he is the younger son, why would he choose a woman just a year younger than him.. when the elder bro has a wife that's much much younger than Han So Ra? it's definitely for business.

==

here's a little joke from the drama tweet, i chuckled!

101 Dalmatians Oops GIF

Plot twist they will end up together ahhahahahahaha dear scriptwriter

cr.: owner

==

@philosophie @lila21 my earlier speculation of fake MIL's daughter died in the same car accident is wrong.. i rewatched and apparently the 2 dead victims are sisters and one of them is Kang Yoon Kyum's birth mom (the maid). fake MIL mentioned the LY group destroyed her family, her only daughter but did not say was she dead or missing.. that's why La El was able to stand in as her fake daughter Kim Su Bin along with all the real graduation photos and awards in her name.

Kang Yoon Kyum was not the actual target for the fake MIL.. it's the LY Group. La El's target is Han Pan Ro.. and they joined forces to target Kang Yoon Kyum since he is the link to both families.

==

hmm.. so where is Eun Bi?

there are some parts of the story i can't relate.. if Han So Ra only had their first child Da Bi when she was 40.. did she have an earlier marriage with someone else for Eun Bi?

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

A shoutout to  Seo Ye-ji, please show us some Uma Thurman badass moves! 

@confusedheartdid you watch Lawless Lawyer I loved Seo Ye Ji in there. First episode and she punches the judge and gets suspension, 2nd episode she punches the smart RickRoll'D lawyer whom she eventually works for. Also a revenge plot. Not exactly Kill Bill

• Like 4

22 hours ago, confusedheart said:

I have a theory that MIL is perhaps HSR's mother/ step mother because remember in episode 3, she commented that she was in this because they ruined her daughter. And she was going to take revenge for doing ruining her daughter. I know this seems far fetched but if we need to tie the loose ends together, we need a motive for her to be in this dangerous game and all this talk about an elder daughter, makes me think that perhaps there is a possibility of the two being the same person. 

What say my fellow Sherlocks ?

@sadthe1st @philosophie @backstreetboysfan @agenth @MayanEcho @lila21   @rocher22 @hush puppy  @joccu and all the other chingus watching this drama. 

Maybe, I am not 100% sure yet, if it is then it is wow it would be something eh @confusedheart.

• Like 3
  • Blob 4

5 hours ago, lila21 said:

@confusedheartdid you watch Lawless Lawyer I loved Seo Ye Ji in there. First episode and she punches the judge and gets suspension, 2nd episode she punches the smart RickRoll'D lawyer whom she eventually works for. Also a revenge plot. Not exactly Kill Bill

Her character in Its okay not to be okay is also slightly similiar to this show if anyone is craving a beautiful female lead with incredible wardrobe, she also seemed ‘cooler’ in that show compared to this one.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, philosophie said:

if anyone is craving a beautiful female lead with incredible wardrobe, she also seemed ‘cooler’ in that show compared to this one.

https://www.instagram.com/kdrama_fashion/?hl=en

hahaha almost everyone in this drama are clothed in upscale brands!

some designs are super extravagant, not something we will see on the streets lolol

or more like, the super rich don't shop on the streets..

Melissa Villasenor Oops GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 1

13 hours ago, ashlei said:

It's like 75% similarity with Revenge. So Nolan Ross is probably Sang Yeob, and the father might be alive

whoaaaa

i loved revenge...

but eve is not (yet?) on that level.  revenge was very sophisticated, eve is currently flailing about.

i understand that she is still affected by the trauma, but the way they portray it makes it look more like AH to me. 

Also I have to say the camera work / edit for Eve is BAD. Her face is good enough but they used like blurry filter/gauze too much... everything is blurry-glamorous, except her eyes... makes her face look very unreal. 

I also don't like the kissing scenes. TBH she had better chemistry when she was hooking up with her actual husband hahahaha :D

15 hours ago, philosophie said:

Yep, I was shocked too. I don’t know how he was able to stay in the industry, I first learned about this in one of Miss Kdrama’s (a youtuber) videos recently. It feels unfair he easily gets casted in dramas without any protest from viewers, but SYJ did for this show.

you are right about that. i didn't mean to protest the show, but I admit I was rather apprehensive...

also that guy, I knew about him, but he keeps being cast in many shows, so it's almost impossible to avoid him D: 

now he is @ doctor lawyer...

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

Okay, I rewatched the episodes to see what I missed and I don't know if someone already explained this but in EP 4 when Sora invited La El to her house, La El started looking at hanged photos at the wall of the foyer and there was a family picture of the Hans. It included old Han, Sora, KYK, little Da Bi and a teenager girl standing next to Da Bi. Who is the girl? I am now wondering if that is Madam Jang's daughter. Madam Jang the fake mom of La EL has money since she said that she is spending her fortune to get even after what "they did". Who was that girl in the picture? Could that be Madam Jang's daughter? Where is she and why is she in the picture?

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

On 6/10/2022 at 3:52 AM, confusedheart said:

I don't think you are far fetched and I think you are right that Madame Jang, the fake MIL is HSR"s stepmother. In the 4th episode when SR first invited La El to the Han mansion, at the foyer hang family pictures and one of the pictures show old Han, SR, KYK, little Da Bi and a teenage girl beside Da Bi. Madame Jang is not in the picture. So who is the girl in the picture? Is that the daughter? Where is she now and what is her relationship to the Hans? If she is indeed the stepmother of SR, how did she hide her presence in SK from the Hans and KYK ?

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

On 6/12/2022 at 6:43 AM, lila21 said:

I don't think you are far fetched and I think you are right that Madame Jang, the fake MIL is HSR"s stepmother. In the 4th episode when SR first invited La El to the Han mansion, at the foyer hang family pictures and one of the pictures show old Han, SR, KYK, little Da Bi and a teenage girl beside Da Bi. Madame Jang is not in the picture. So who is the girl in the picture? Is that the daughter? Where is she now and what is her relationship to the Hans? If she is indeed the stepmother of SR, how did she hide her presence in SK from the Hans and KYK ?

@lila21  In Ep 1 during the Concert at the Kindergarten, they have a K-Pop Group Performance by some Teenage Girls. Han So Ra leaned over to say to her Husband that it reminded her of "their daughter" and that she missed her.

IMO, if she is not their daughter, she would not have said it so confidently and lovingly.  So I presume their eldest daughter is studying abroad.  In most dramas, it is US.

But their Physical Itimacy faded right after Han So Ra's second pregnancy (Da Bi).  Which is more than 5 years ago.  Most probably due to:

- her Arrogant Attitudes.

- him getting to know more about his FIL.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

8 hours ago, lila21 said:

Who was that girl in the picture?

that's Eun Bi.. just, not sure where she is..

La El was at the airport early for her flight to US; the tv was announcing Kang Yoon Kyum as Han So Ran's husband-to-be.. that was 13 yrs ago when she was 15.

they could have a daughter soon after.. Eun Bi.. but then again, the story does not seem to link well since at the Parents Concert, the other 2 gossipy women said Han So Ra only had her first kid at 40, whom i think is referring to Da Bi.

that is unless.. Eun Bi is an illegitimate daughter by Han Pan Ro, but given to her daughter to raise as a daughter instead.. wild guess though. hahaha

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

22 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

they could have a daughter soon after.. Eun Bi.. but then again, the story does not seem to link well since at the Parents Concert, the other 2 gossipy women said Han So Ra only had her first kid at 40, whom i think is referring to Da Bi.

that is unless.. Eun Bi is an illegitimate daughter by Han Pan Ro, but given to her daughter to raise as a daughter instead.. wild guess though. hahaha

@sadthe1st   The 2 Female Gossipers said  So Ra was "nearly 40" when she had her Baby ("Da Bi").  If I remember right, they did not say  "Han So Ra only had her  first kid at 40".  (But then again, it is possible that their Eldest daughter is from another husband.  Afterall she was already in her 30's when she married Kang Yoon Gyeom)

Ra El:

IMO, Ra El's husband is a Worse Person.  He came in with Ra El's father's Seal when young Ra El was lying on the Floor - all bloodied.  He did not even give her a Glance.  Which is why he cannot recognise Adult Ra El.

Whereas IMO,  Kang Yoon Gyeom is the Genius who may have assisted Han Pan Ro in the Take-Over of the Firm of Ra El's father.  But was not aware of the Violence.

Edited

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 1

7 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

(But then again, it is possible that their Eldest daughter is from another husband)

oops! the plot is going to get even messier if there is an ex husband, who will come to join in the fun later on!

Sneaking Gerry Dee GIF by CBC

• LOL 7

5 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

oops! the plot is going to get even messier if there is an ex husband, who will come to join in the fun later on!

I love such a dramatic mess. I live for the melodrama. :evilelmo:

I say, bring it on! But better tie all the loose ends logically else be ready to face my :onfirex:

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, hush puppy said:

@sadthe1st   The 2 Female Gossipers said  So Ra was "nearly 40" when she had her Baby ("Da Bi").  If I remember right, they did not say  "Han So Ra only had her  first kid at 40".  (But then again, it is possible that their Eldest daughter is from another husband.  Afterall she was already in her 30's when she married Kang Yoon Gyeom)

Ra El:

IMO, Ra El's husband is a Worse Person.  He came in when young Ra El was lying on the Floor - all bloodied.  He did not even give her a Glance.  Which is why he cannot recognise Adult Ra El.

Whereas IMO,  Kang Yoon Gyeom is the Genius who may have assisted Han Pan Ro in the Take-Over of the Firm of Ra El's father.  But was not aware of the Violence.

Edited

Seconding this. It sounds like their first daughter is studying to become a Kpop idol from SRs comment during performance. I am wondering though what happened after Dbs birth that made the married couple go through a. Dry spell. Could it be DB is from her affair with her ‘doctor’? And KYG knew? What did he discover 5 years ago that out a strain on their relationship? See, if he was in this marriage from the start to get revenge on his father for his mother’s death, what kind of discovery would make him so turned off that he couldn’t even keep playing nice with SR for the sake of revenge?

• Like 4
  • Love 1