[Drama 2022] Reborn Rich / 재벌집 막내아들

Maetawinz

14 hours ago, andy78 said:

i think ep 12 will be a great one @backstreetboysfan!!!I hope chairman Jin gets his 2 hours wish and survive the board meeting!!!The way Do Joon held his grandfather's hand i just love that!!!Do joon is the only one there!!!There is a scene in the hospital (ep 11) that was very beautiful :when the old man looks at the cars photos and said :nobody died this is a great car!!!A safe car and we did it our company dit it !!!

Yeah, I hope so as well @andy78 nod.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, agenth said:

Also, is it just me, or the daughter looks like a cobra. Even the way she moves.... 

unfortunately i can't find a gif, but watch her next scene 

@agenth  Whatever she is, Jin Hwa Young is Better than the Lead Actress - the Prosecutor, Seo Min Young.  Every Actress is better than her.   

BTW Jin Hwa Young is quite Comical.  She is a good Actress too.  She gave me A Good Laugh.  The Way she acted when she loses her Stocks and Soon Yang Department Stores to Do Joon. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

I really enjoyed watching the sibling dynamics in this episode.  The youngest daughter gets the middle brother to persuade Young Ki the eldest.  Two against one feigning allegiance knowing their father is awake to trap him.  They are a mess in their birth orders….

Grandfather’s admonishment to “trust no one” may come when the mercenaries put in place by Young Ki [and 2nd] show up at the board meeting and the throw away candidate wins….

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

7 hours ago, agenth said:

Also, is it just me, or the daughter looks like a cobra. Even the way she moves.... 

unfortunately i can't find a gif, but watch her next scene :D

She's very mobile in moves and expressions. I thought she overacted but it's quite consistent so it became HY's character. Spoilt only daughter who unashamedly asked for favours from the father. She has not had many major roles according to her bio so this may be her doing all she can. 

I had watched a lot of Hollywood movies with dying moguls who now reaped what they had sown. That's what happened to the old man's children: a product of their upbringing. DJ's family and HW's family were not the cutthroat type and being the victim(s), he can't be like them. It is an interesting theme but I can't get over not knowing what happened to the 'soul' or 'essence' of the boy in the car whom HW 'possessed'. I hope we get a good explanation. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, mskololia1 said:

DJ’s mom asking for the body in the 1st timeline sounds like abduction.

But i thought she wanted to know about the accident...did she said where is my son body?

4 hours ago, mskololia1 said:

Grandfather’s admonishment to “trust no one” may come when the mercenaries put in place by Young Ki [and 2nd] show up at the board meeting and the throw away candidate wins

i think that too...Dj might not win ...maybe  first  son or grandson will take over  CEO position...

10 hours ago, Rollito Deprimavera said:

I think the only way out for Do Joon is to fake his own death and act from the shadows, he will grab the 600M$ from the slush fund and in the end defeat the rest of his family. That's the only way to comply with what he knows will happen in the future.

THAT DID NOT HAPPENED IN THE NOVEL...THERE HE FOUND THAT WERE HIS GRANDMOTHER MONEY...THE GALLERRY WAS USED...SO HE REPORTED WHEN THE OLD LADY WAS IN USA...MADE SURE SHE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COME BACK OR SHE WILL GO TO JAIL...HER 1 ST SON  AND GRANDSON HELP HER

• Like 2

3 hours ago, andy78 said:

THAT DID NOT HAPPENED IN THE NOVEL...THERE HE FOUND THAT WERE HIS GRANDMOTHER MONEY...THE GALLERRY WAS USED...SO HE REPORTED WHEN THE OLD LADY WAS IN USA...MADE SURE SHE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COME BACK OR SHE WILL GO TO JAIL...HER 1 ST SON  AND GRANDSON HELP HER

The Chairman's wife created the slush fund? Cool. She hardly works in the office, how did she siphon money from the company.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2022 at 5:00 PM, andy78 said:

Grandad also told DJ trust nobody...now my bets on betrayal are on - grandma and mr. Lee i just have a terrible feeling  when i see those two...grandma did help grandfather build the company...i think she came from a rich familly...maybe she might want one of her sons to be the next chairman i hope i'm wrong

The 2 scenes  showed that their relationship and their feelings are real...they do love each other

@andy78  You may be Right. 

Mr Lee (Grandpa's assistant) is a possibility for Betrayal.   He knows Grandpa's schedule and itinerary well.  So if someone wants to plan the Accident, the best person to partner with will be Mr Lee.

If Grandma is the Culprit,  then it will be a strategic surprise for the Plot.  She is the Last one anyone will think of.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hush puppy said:

If Grandma is the Culprit,  then it will be a strategic surprise for the Plot. 

Maybe she will do it with her grandson's wife help

2 hours ago, hush puppy said:

He knows Grandpa's schedule and itinerary well. 

Good point...i really hope i'm wrong...i do like ajussi a lot...that's how DJ calls him

Samsung tycoon Lee Jae Yong inspires “Reborn Rich” Do Joon in terms of education background and personality 

Real-life Lee Jae Yong and serial Do Joon have many things in common that confirmed viewers’ speculations. 

Reborn Rich” continues breaking its own record at 20% rating, surpassing any rating hit of cable TV series this year. After a while, viewers are starting to realize that the Soonyang family may take after the famous shoppingmode Samsung corporation in real-life Korea. From investment categories to family trees, all bear resemblance to the real-life model. Most importantly, Jin Do Joon played by Song Joong Ki refers to a notorious tycoon in Korea, Lee Jae Yong. 

Spoiler

song joong ki Reborn Rich

Lee Jae Yong is the third-generation standing chairman of shoppingmode Samsung at the moment. He enrolled in and graduated from Seoul National University. Jin Do Joon in the series also has these two markers. He is the third-generation chaebol who graduated from the same prestigious university and the only person in the family able to do so. Viewers anchor on these similar points to speculate Lee Jae Yong is Jin Do Joon in real life. 

Spoiler

song joong ki reborn rich thumbnail

Jin Do Joon
Spoiler

Lee Jae Yong Reborn rich

Lee Jae Yong

Above all, they are similar in characteristics. By popular belief, Chairman Lee is polite and gentle to outsiders, especially to reporters. On the contrary, he is decisive and even cold in business dealing to avoid unnecessary fallouts. Similarly, Do Joon is written as a decisive person but knows how to be flexible when he needs to recruit talents to his side. Thanks to his calm attitude and courtesy, he managed to escape death multiple times. 

Lee Jae Yong Reborn rich

The major difference is that Do Joon has to fight for Soonyang while Lee Jae Yong is the rightful heir to the conglomerate. Nonetheless, the two have to be talented and strong enough to carry this corporation on their shoulders. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

song joong ki reborn rich thumbnail

Image source: JTBC, Naver

https://kbizoom.com/samsung-tycoon-lee-jae-yong-inspires-reborn-rich-do-joon/

Very interesting article

• Like 1

dummy.png?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Song Joong Ki, Shin Hyun Been, And Kim Shin Rok Make Sure To Get Everything Perfect Behind The Scenes Of “Reborn Rich”

A new behind-the-scenes video is here to take viewers to the filming set of “Reborn Rich”!

“Reborn Rich” is a JTBC fantasy drama starring Song Joong Ki as Yoon Hyun Woo, a loyal secretary to a chaebol family. When he dies after being framed for embezzlement by the very family that he had faithfully served, he is reborn as the family’s youngest son Jin Do Joon, and he plots to take over the company in order to exact revenge.

The newest video gives viewers a look at just how serious the actors of “Reborn Rich” are about showing their best and most realistic performances. In a clip featuring Song Joong Ki and Kim Shin Rok, the two spend a lot of time practicing their scene, wanting to nail every detail down to how Song Joong Ki will hand over some documents to show Kim Shin Rok. During the actual filming, Song Joong Ki does an admirable job of holding in his laughter until just after the cameras stop rolling after witnessing Kim Shin Rok’s emotional performance.

song-joong-ki-kim-shin-rok.jpg

Another scene shows a tense standoff between Shin Hyun Been and Song Joong Ki, and the two discuss at lengths with the director where they should sit in the large conference room to create the most tension. Even though it may be a small detail to viewers, the cast and crew are determined to get everything spot-on!

song-joong-ki-shin-hyun-been-1.jpg

Watch the full making-of video here!

[메이킹] '고모 도장 찍으세요^^' 고모 폭풍 눈물 연기에 웃참챌 중인 도준, 증거들고 온 민영?! | 재벌집 막내아들  EP.25 - YouTube

The next episode of “Reborn Rich” will air on December 16 at 10:30 p.m. KST!

Watch: Song Joong Ki, Shin Hyun Been, And Kim Shin Rok Make Sure To Get Everything Perfect Behind The Scenes Of “Reborn Rich” | Soompi

• Like 1

On 12/14/2022 at 6:09 AM, andy78 said:

Samsung tycoon Lee Jae Yong inspires “Reborn Rich” Do Joon in terms of education background and personality 

Real-life Lee Jae Yong and serial Do Joon have many things in common that confirmed viewers’ speculations. 

Reborn Rich” continues breaking its own record at 20% rating, surpassing any rating hit of cable TV series this year. After a while, viewers are starting to realize that the Soonyang family may take after the famous shoppingmode Samsung corporation in real-life Korea. From investment categories to family trees, all bear resemblance to the real-life model. Most importantly, Jin Do Joon played by Song Joong Ki refers to a notorious tycoon in Korea, Lee Jae Yong. 

Reveal hidden contents

Lee Jae Yong is the third-generation standing chairman of shoppingmode Samsung at the moment. He enrolled in and graduated from Seoul National University. Jin Do Joon in the series also has these two markers. He is the third-generation chaebol who graduated from the same prestigious university and the only person in the family able to do so. Viewers anchor on these similar points to speculate Lee Jae Yong is Jin Do Joon in real life. 

Reveal hidden contents

Jin Do Joon
  Reveal hidden contents

Lee Jae Yong

Above all, they are similar in characteristics. By popular belief, Chairman Lee is polite and gentle to outsiders, especially to reporters. On the contrary, he is decisive and even cold in business dealing to avoid unnecessary fallouts. Similarly, Do Joon is written as a decisive person but knows how to be flexible when he needs to recruit talents to his side. Thanks to his calm attitude and courtesy, he managed to escape death multiple times. 

The major difference is that Do Joon has to fight for Soonyang while Lee Jae Yong is the rightful heir to the conglomerate. Nonetheless, the two have to be talented and strong enough to carry this corporation on their shoulders. 

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Very interesting article

Heh, I had a feeling they were trying to replicate actual companies like Samsung and Hyundai through actual events that happened in the past. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, andy78 said:

But i thought she wanted to know about the accident...did she said where is my son body?

I re-watched so my theory is out…maybe. Only because grandad was spirited away from the accident resulting “in a coma” so no one can see him.  Did they lie and do the same to DJ?

It was sad to see his dad with the clan falling in place with the rogues.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2022 at 6:09 AM, andy78 said:

Reveal hidden contents

song joong ki Reborn Rich

Reveal hidden contents

Jin Do Joon
  Reveal hidden contents

Lee Jae Yong

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Very interesting article

Wasn't he convicted for embezzlement and them pardoned? Why put a stain on my dashing and pure hearted DoJoon?:cries3:Let him remain the  good guy who is on a revenge path and keeps his humane side for the havenots.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, minglanfan2 said:

Wasn't he convicted for embezzlement and them pardoned?

yes he was

2 hours ago, minglanfan2 said:

Let him remain the  good guy who is on a revenge path and keeps his humane side for the havenots.

i hope that too...he did promised to the girl he loves

• Like 1

The Lee family owns less than 5 % of shares of each Samsung subsidiaries. The control came from his 17% in the insurance group. Imagine they are entrusted with billions of dollars of share holders' money, 80-95 % doesn't belong to them. 
I am not a savvy investor, I would be too scared to invest in these companies.

Soonyang has outgrown the one man founder and should not be treated as 'inheritances' and a right to manage. Two different things if it becomes an MNC.

• Like 2