4 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

I was so hoping that they were identical twins for real.

It seems that they are. What YJ and SW do not know is the sample that was submitted for DNA testing was YJ's hair that was pulled from her head by SH. Assuming that the real Mina is the hidden biological daughter of Chairman Yumin and that is why he destroyed her birth records, then that would make them identical twins. I don't know if YJ even knows her real birthday because she did not react when at the beginning of their investigation, SW told her Mina's birthday.

MIL now wears her white headband. She was beginning to like YJ whom she thought was Mina but now is not coming home. Mama's boy now joins the Tres Marias in their commiseration of the state of affairs in the Han household. The drama still retains the funny parts as in YJ's reaction when she learned that she was 99.9 % matched to Yumin's DNA. Covered her surprise with feigned anger, LOL!!

I am waiting for Sung Hye to rot in prison. Her father always covered for her even though he knew she did wrong. I wonder if he also suspects her of the death of the eldest son and that is why he would not give her the position she craved and even partnered with SW and Mina and therefore the control of the merged companies to SW. She  killed too many people.

The best part!!! The real Kang Mi Na is back. She may have a different face but her mannerisms and tone of speech has not changed, cultured, smart and quiet. That may be a part of how SH recognized her. How did SW know she was in trouble?

But the end of ep 14 rocks!!! The twins found each other. Now we know that SW can fight when he needs to.

Prosecutor Jo and Prosecutor An will be the prosecutors against their boss, the Chief Prosecutor and against the evil SH. Send them all to prison.

Can't wait to the birth story of the twins!!! This drama rocks!!!!

Anyhow, I think the ending will be that Mina will become the Chair for the merged Han/Yumin Group, SW will remain as head of Prix the non profit organization he founded and YJ will become the Chief Prosecutor. YJ will visit SH in prison and tell SH that the poor girl with the poor grandma just sent her to prison for good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gosh, can you believe how rotten and evil Sung Hye is? I hope she truly rots in prison! Is her driver her lover?

While the overall story works, showing the sins of Sung Hye week in, week out is boring. The actress may be good at her dead pan delivery of the character's evilness and cunning, but after a while, the tension fades. You already know that she'll be doing something evil once again.

I wonder what kind of investigators she pays to get all the information they need. How come they are always one or two steps behind. While sometimes the righteous team manage to foil her evil acts, often she'll get the upper hand first before the other team can get a lead. This plot line is a mainstay in sageuks, where the villains are always up to date with what the protagonists are doing while the protagonists are always the last to know, when both rely on maids and eunuchs for information, LoL.

• Like 2

Congratulations to OTW team…again

31.10.2021 by E.Cha of Soompi

SBS’s “One the Woman” shows no signs of slowing down!

On October 30, the hit comedy drama continued to gain viewers as it set a new personal ratings record—despite facing stiff competition from multiple new dramas. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “One the Woman” scored an average nationwide rating of 16.9 percent. marking a new all-time high for the show. The drama also successfully continued its 12-episode streak as the most-watched miniseries of the entire week.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, reddragon said:

While the overall story works, showing the sins of Sung Hye week in, week out is boring. The actress may be good at her dead pan delivery of the character's evilness and cunning, but after a while, the tension fades. You already know that she'll be doing something evil once again.

I was really in love with Sung Hye's overall look but they just made her too bad

and you are right, the flashbacks are boring because we already know what happened, but I guess they need to stretch things out for 16 eps

as for the villains getting the upper hand, I think they are just balancing it for the climax. for the previous episodes, cho yeon ju always gets her way, even her setbacks (e.g. lee bong shik's death) were just passing, even in ep 13 she was ahead of them, but they need to spice things up in anticipation for the final week. I actually appreciate that the writer immediately kills off plotpoints, like, I thought lee bong shik would be a key person, then he was killed off, then the issue of cho yeon ju's identity is now not so much a big deal since everyone already knows, then the camera from the fire that is now not very useful. at least we dont dwell too long on those details and we move on to something new (as opposed to sung hye's crimes that had already become boring). so now, we dont know what will tip the scale to cho yeon ju's favor again next week

• Like 3

“One The Woman” Ratings Hit New All-Time High As “Jirisan” Dips + “Yumi’s Cells” Rises For Finale

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 31, 2021
by E. Cha

SBS’s “One the Woman” shows no signs of slowing down!

On October 30, the hit comedy drama continued to gain viewers as it set a new personal ratings record—despite facing stiff competition from multiple new dramas. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “One the Woman” scored an average nationwide rating of 16.9 percent. marking a new all-time high for the show. The drama also successfully continued its 12-episode streak as the most-watched miniseries of the entire week.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1496178wpp/one-the-woman-ratings-hit-new-all-time-high-as-jirisan-dips-yumis-cells-rises-for-finale

“Jirisan” Rated Most Buzzworthy Drama In 1st Week On Air + Honey Lee Tops Actor List

Oct 30, 2021
by E. Cha

Meanwhile, Honey Lee—the star of SBS’s “One the Woman”—rose to No. 1 on the list of most buzzworthy drama cast members this week. (“One the Woman” also stayed strong at No. 5 on the list of buzzworthy dramas.)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1496149wpp/jirisan-rated-most-buzzworthy-drama-in-1st-week-on-air-honey-lee-tops-actor-list

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aysha106 said:

Was it implied that YJ and MN aren't related?

It is implied that they are. YJ did not know that the sample submitted for DNA testing was YJ's hair that was pulled from her head by SH. Assuming that the real Mina is the hidden biological daughter of Chairman Yumin and that is why he destroyed her birth records, then that would make them related.

On 10/31/2021 at 7:55 AM, aysha106 said:

Was it implied that YJ and MN aren't related?

characters explicitly say that they are not related, it looks that they are just doppelgangers. dont know if there will be further twists but it does not seem to be necessary right now.

I am fine with mina changing her face. she must have hated her old life so much. the only problem that brings is that it makes it easier to convict yeon ju of fraud because mina no longer looks like her

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 10:20 PM, aria26 said:

characters explicitly say that they are not related, it looks that they are just doppelgangers. dont know if there will be further twists but it does not seem to be necessary right now.

when did they and who of the characters explicitly say that???

Episode 15 MEH more like a filler!!!! The story began with real Mina and even when she disappeared in the 4th  episode the story was still about her but she comes back in the last episodes and she is made unconscious and helpless in the hospital. She does not even get a chance to redress all the wrongs that was done to her plus she knows secrets that could destroy the Hans, poor Mi Na. The episode highlighted Sung Hye instead, repeating what was already revealed!! This seems more like Sung Hye's story than Mi Na's.

Maybe it will be Mama Han who will bring Sung Hye down when she realizes what SH did to her eldest son.....sigh

• Like 1