[Drama 2021] Melancholia ♾️ 멜랑꼴리아

Maetawinz

Episode 11 is so dynamite.  I'm wondering what each opposing side has up their sleeves to win.  Ye Rin's acting is really good in this episode too.  I wasn't sure if the 2 main leads would get together in the end or not although it is definitely leaning towards their being together. Either way I would have to accept it.  The story has been SO good so far that I'm sure the writer would do a fantastic job with the story line either way.  The male lead looks so handsome and dashing in this episode - so strong, so caring, so intelligent.  Wow!  I'm glad there will be another episode tomorrow.  Sure love this drama.

• Like 3

Ok, finish watching ep 11...

1. They knew people are following them at the library and are they not even taking any precautions? But should they be... in their minds, they are probably doing nothing wrongs, as they were when they were in high school...hmm

2. I like that he confessed to her father that he likes her... 

3.  Taking photos, wearing the shoes he gifted her are good signs of the relationship progressing.... BUT in Korean culture, giving shoes is NOT Adviceable!.. sigh

4. Im surprised, that YS's ex is in a relationship with the other Noh sister. I tot she was just crushing on him, apparently their relationship did cross the sleeping part... im even more curious if Yoon su and he ever did that since it looks as if Yoon su was careful about that hence before their wedding, they were living separately!

5. I would think that Maths problem has one or two ways of solving, ie, the long or short method.. Was it necessary to quote someone on it? Why Si An is accused of copying Prof Ji's paper?... its not social science but hard maths ..... hehe..  interesting

6.  Principal Noh dared to mock and threatened teacher ji..... hmmm.... she does realise that several people are trying to pull her down..though she does have the right connections, but it doesnt mean she is lucky all the time..

7. Yes, the last part of ep11 was the best!!... Man, Seung Yoo daredevil is letting everything out, ie, telling the world of his story, the teacher-student scandal of 4 years ago... he really did not want Yoon Su to work with his ex...... i wonder if he realisd that Yoon su also doesnt want him to suffer his bright future over the issue, hence asking him to NOT get involve with the matter.

8. I wonder is it right to assume that yoon su  has fallen for him, hence her distress over Seung yoo? I would that that regardless, she still think of him as her student with a bright future ahead and doesnt want him to get involved with the matter anymore... while she is the adult, hence is able to sacifice her future as she did previously..... it not an issue about falling in love, i believed Yoo-su did so to protect his future, not really love at this stage...

(I read a twitter's comment that LDH looks HOT while waiting for her before entering the hall to give his speech.. and i agree, darn, he is styled just so handsomely!):lol:... while Im sae jung's stylist can be better... its a cold November when they filmed the show!... 

9. Ep 12 preview - Yoo  Su - * im in trouble, i think i have fallen in love with the problem!?*.  Finally.... yay!:heart:

Ah...so rating was about 2.7% yesterday...thats good for me..heh

• Like 2

This is why Yerin can run over, as in hit him with her car, Seung Yoo....... she is that angry and crazy enough because of what Seung Yoo said.... haha...

We will find out in a few minutes who ran over Seung Yoo ..... 

----

Haha...ok fine, he wasnt run over by anyone.. but yay! YOON SU its time for u to be more prominent in the drama.. it has another 4 more episodes!!!

Its tiring to see the constant rejection by Yoon Su towards Seung Yoo's feeling...he is trying his best foe her, but she is not letting him do anything... 

So, is it even a surprise that this happened?....

Its like the constant  fight the drama has against anti-fans who dislike the teacher-student romance theme... sigh... hence the constant need to justify their needs to be with each other... sigh..

i mean seriously, Yoon su just have to let loose and stop putting on her guard, otherwise its gonna destroy Seung Yoo... some might say Seung Yoo brought it to himself.. but yeah... i wish it wouldnt happen in the drama...

I hope ep13 can have the closure that we need, that Yoon su at least admitted to Seung Yoo that she likes him too!...

Im looking at the time and reading/refreshing twitter updates to get the latest info, as the clocks ticks by, hoping for BeakJi confirmation, but its not there yet :lol:

I hope Yoon-su knows how much trauma she has inflicted on Seung Yoo when she just left, and Im gald to see in the preview that she hugged him back and tentatively agreed to leave the place together... finally, a front hug and not a back hug for ep13!!!

PAIK/BEAK-JI... FIGHTING!!!!

• Like 5

Im just annoyed it willl take 13 episodes for them do that; ...... they need to turn that point fast so we can have more lovely scenes of them together. Kiss scenes by ep13 pls! Chebal! :lol:

I get that TVN is under pressure over the show; the anti fans over the so called teacher-student relationship arch... but there are fans like us, who wants it to be done ASAP because we are more mature, realistic and knows how the world works and not live a fantasy of a perfect world ... TVN can just satisfy tiny minority us... :lol::heart:

• Like 1

Just saw ep12..

The highlights to me - 

1. Yerin's mom's Barney's outfit

2. Seung yoo'a father talk of disowning him - that Seung yoo would only make things complicated, ie he said it was a lie of the student teacher romance but if they are together now, then it validates peoples' assumptions...

3. Why is the younger Noh against Yoon-su? Did she like the ex-fiancee earlier on? And knowing your boyfiend is still hung up on the ex, do you still want to get married with him? Sigh... 

4. The ex-fiancee's talk to Seung Yoo actually makes sense... sigh...

5. Stupid photographer, why follow so close? Ha... 

6. Yerin ya... well, u need to hear it from Seung yoo's mouth right, no matter how hurtful it is going to for u... and you have to be the one that Noh give the pictures, so u will be the one who used it against our Beakji couple, you're her dirty hand extension... 

7. The ending  of episode, looks like Seung Yoo becomes disoriented because his ^solution^ was wrong hence his mind and eyes move to try and think of the possible answers...  

8. Im sure Yoon su was meeting Seung Yoo's father, hence her formal speech... will he accept Seung Yoo's love for her? Sigh

So many restrictions, again and again being brought up in this episode...

9. I'm extremely happy with ep 13th preview -

- it looks like Principal Noh will be kicked out of the foundation

- and Beakji will finally be together!

• Like 2

Even if I was disappointed that our main couple didn't make out this episode, I very much enjoyed it.

Do basically SY confessed her feelings and rejected him at the same time? That's some smart writing!  

The way they use maths to convey their feelings is so unique. I wish more people would acknowledge

and appreciate this drama for this.

I really REALLY hope we will FINALLY have some sweet moments between out leads that next week

because it is becoming high-time!

• Like 1

@realistic2280a

I'm laughing hard at Yerin's Mom's Barney outfit!! When I first saw it I thought the stylist was inspired by the Joker. The purple and green suit was his style LoL. Well Hye Mi is quite a "joker" actually, more like a buffoon. 

The wealthy are havin' too much time on their hands. I wonder why are they so bothered over Seung Yoo/Si An/Yoon Su when they're considered beneath them? 

Yerin isn't hearing that from Seung Yoo enough? Have some pride girl! Seriously she's young, pretty, rich but not smart unfortunately (must have gotten that from her mom) she should be content with her life, yet sigh... she just doesn't change for the better~

Just stick with Gyu Young the both of y'all are birds of a feather. He obviously is whipped for her for a long time too. 

Seung Yoo/Yoon Su couple fighting! The actress playin' Seung Yoo's mom look like Sandra Oh LoL. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Hmmm I think despite everything, that the writers should have made sure that the FL returns with her ex-fiancié, it would have had more consistency, to show that she always loved him despite everything that happened, then that there, her and the ML will surely end up together, I'm not saying that this story is not convincing, but I respect everyone's opinion

• Like 1

5 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Oh I am so sorry.

Hahha.. no worries... :lol: i was just curious with the initials...

3 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@realistic2280a

I'm laughing hard at Yerin's Mom's Barney outfit!! When I first saw it I thought the stylist was inspired by the Joker. The purple and green suit was his style LoL. Well Hye Mi is quite a "joker" actually, more like a buffoon. 

Yerin isn't hearing that from Seung Yoo enough? Have some pride girl! Seriously she's young, pretty, rich but not smart unfortunately (must have gotten that from her mom) she should be content with her life, yet sigh... she just doesn't change for the better~

Just stick with Gyu Young the both of y'all are birds of a feather. He obviously is whipped for her for a long time too. 

Seung Yoo/Yoon Su couple fighting. The actress playin' Seung Yoo's mom look like Sandra Oh LoL. 

The colours were so bright and purple! It automatically reminded me of Barney! Barney used to be popular, i dont know what kids are talking about these days:D

People did say Love Is Blind.. also Yerin might be crushing on Seung Yoo since Primary school when he helped her ... then he left to study overseas... she was shy and probably thought Seung Yoo would notice her, but not...

Gyu Yong... indeed, birds of similar feathers and attitudes, should belong together... hehe...

The smaller version of Sandra Oh :D...

i just wish Seung Yoo father can let Seung Yoo live in peace but that is totally not possible right...when did he ever see from SY's point of view.... then again, as a father, who is not concerned that the son is wanting to date an older woman... sigh... dilemma dilemma.. in western countries, though there are still concerns about it, but no one is going to make a big issue out of it. President Macron is the best example of it all. Haha.. 

1 hour ago, marrez1 said:

Hmmm I think despite everything, that the writers should have made sure that the FL returns with her ex-fiancié, it would have had more consistency, to show that she always loved him despite everything that happened, then that there, her and the ML will surely end up together, I'm not saying that this story is not convincing, but I respect everyone's opinion

Hmm.. im not sure i follow you...why does FL needs to get bk to her fiancee? I think they have different values, Yoon-so was more for justice regardless of who the person is, hence she fought to get SY truth and not buried it.

Her ex-fiancee on the other hand, is an employee at Education Ministry, believed the matter should be ignored as society is controlled by those who has political power and wealth... and he just wanted to throw SY under the bus 4 years ago... She refused to do that and since she didnt want to involve him and his career, she left and went into hiding. 

• Like 3

Aww cute! I wonder what did LDY signed at his book authograph session and LSJ saying she will keep it well... his real signature right.. haha

Like my point exactly... he has always been big (frame) since ^school^, hence  whats not to believe the romance????...... he is more matured thab most students due to his brain development, hence someone older can complement him......:heart: if in china high school dramas, the handome,smart  boy always seemed to go for the weak female lead, but korea, in this drama, a strong, mature and smart female lead...:lol::heart:

Even our Sung-jae? Is intimidated by his frame, hahahhahhahahaha..... ok, since when has he become *ours? - since he adviced Seung Yoo to ask Yoon-su's feelings before he does anything and not drag Yoon-su in everything he does... :)

• Like 1

I am enjoying this drama but I keep switching back and forth on whether I want the ML/FL to be together. Some scenes I love their chemistry and his devotion, and I try to ignore the red flags and teacher/student of it all.

However, in others I'm like that was his teacher and I would def not like it if the genders were reversed. I think my biggest thing is that being smart in math does not equal emotional maturity. If the time jump was bigger, and SY lived more of a life (independent of his feelings for YS) I might be able to root for the couple more. But his entire life and the choices he has made after the scandal has been centered around his feelings for YS. They were about growing up so he can reveal the truth and protect/be with YS. 

I could see this drama going either way, and as long as it is done well I probably won't hate it. But we shall see. 

As for the other characters I don't know where they are going with Ye-rin. I felt sympathy for her when they were in school, even though she took the photo. I could excuse the behavior due to the way the adults around her were acting and putting pressure on her. However, starting from the coffee conversation with Yoon-soo all that sympathy went out the window. She is like doubling down on her terrible choices and being terrible in general. I am not sure where she will end up or where I want her to. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1