[Drama 2021] Melancholia ♾️ 멜랑꼴리아

Maetawinz

ML becomes a hot math teacher, i'm here for this:7555_attack:

I pity the ex-fiancé of the FL, he really liked her, but sometimes things don't go as planned, on the other hand the other witch who is now trying to get closer to him, while she is also guilty, can't wait to see the revenge of our two leads

also in reality there is a young guy who became famous math teacher on social networks, suddenly he also became a model  

• Like 3

Based on twitter updates, it seemed like its now Seung Yoo's task to get Yoon Su out of her trauma of 4 years ago ... ... she helped him 4 years ago and now its him who is returning the favour... :heart:

Urgh... i have to wait another 8 hrs or more before the subs is out, to understand the sudden tension in the next episode! (Ep11)

Whats the chance of having a kiss at the start of ep11? I dont think its gonna happen.. maybe there was one scene but tvn decided to cut it... who knows... hehe.. 

Now the next question, what was ep10's rating.... V8 Supercars Running GIF by Supercars Championship

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Whats the chance of having a kiss at the start of ep11? I dont think its gonna happen.. maybe there was one scene but tvn decided to cut it... who knows... hehe.. 

Come on, this is dramaland. I am 100% sure that they won't be kissing ;) I can bet my life on it! But I really hope we will get at least one kiss before the story ends! 

I'm really happy that we got more scenes with our leads together in this episode. Their chemistry is great despite the age gap. In my opinion it's what attracts the viewers the most. 

Also, can we also appreciate how this drama is female lead?!?! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ChyuuNyuu said:

Come on, this is dramaland. I am 100% sure that they won't be kissing ;) I can bet my life on it! But I really hope we will get at least one kiss before the story ends! 

I'm really happy that we got more scenes with our leads together in this episode. Their chemistry is great despite the age gap. In my opinion it's what attracts the viewers the most. 

Also, can we also appreciate how this drama is female lead?!?! 

Haha.. with all the hu har the drama has been attracting - seriously the synopsis on MDL and other sites need to change to reflect that there was no sexual scandal per say and that there was no teacher student affair!.. urgh.. 

- so hopefully we can get a kiss by next week - chebal!... haha...

Yes, after 2 episodes of Yoon su avoiding Seung Yoo am glad to see from twitter updates  of their interactions on ep10... cant wait to watch the subbed episode...

Ive always like Im Soo Jung.. love her in Search WWW... she and her two friends in the drama were the best, .. and Jang Kiyong being her love interest, also younger but well loved too for his tenacity.. ... Chicago Typewriter, yep, loved the drama tooo:heart:....

• Like 1

I held my breath on that last scene... Did they K-I-S-S!??! Damn you drama if these two don't I'm goin' to flip tables tsk. 

Ms. Noh is diabolical. So is the sis. What is with that family sheesh!? Is havin' all that wealth boring Idk LoL? Ye Rin oy facepalms. Just go after that jerky classmate ok LoL. You can't force feelings to develop when it doesn't feel the same. Seung Yoo is clearly one track mind so give the hell up already Ye Rin. She has got way too much time..

I liked how supportive and comforting Seung Yoo was to Yoon Soo. He really came through.. what a guy LoL. Lucky lucky you Yoon Soo eheheh. 

I love how fun they made math. Wish they approached the subject in such a manner in our school system.. perhaps then math will be a enjoyable subject. 

• Like 2

Only watched the raw version so far.  Wow both sides are really on the warpath now it seems.  Noh's facial expressions seem to indicate she feels RickRoll'D sure she is on to something she can use to destroy her enemies once and for all.  She is acting crazy now with Ye Rin.  Really out of control.  Can't wait for the subs!    

• Like 1

Just saw the subbed episode

1. Hmm.. no one steals motorcycle when parked at the roadside, together with the helmet in South Korea? The place is really safe? Hehe...:lol:

2. Teacher Ji always parked at the same place, unless she has to rushed somewhere, then its just outside the curb infront of her apartment...:lol:

3. Im not sure if im thrilled that Seung Yoo is slowly railing in YeRin, slowing catching his prey, in his trap, knowing, Yerin likes him... he is not that out of touch of Yerin's feelings is he.. haha... :ph34r: but her being so smug infront of Teacher Ji just gets to me... What Noh said was right, when she took the picture, she was jealous, though i wasnt sure jealous becUse of her feelings to Seung Yoo or because she didnt want Seung Yoo to be successful in the maths competition.

4. With all the assumed ^scandal^ between Principal Noh and Yerin's father, i wonder if they really is one? So far, it has just been shown that its only his children issues that he gets involved with Noh...

5. Imagining them riding the motorcycle, at the back of a pickup truck, that's how they filmed it... right..:lol:  i do wonder if LDY actually rides a motorcycle. Looks like he does right... tvn showing him riding motocycle is taking away precious seconds they could film the leads together... just saying... 

6. Glad to see the bridges are mending between Seung Yoo and his parents slowly. I do wonder what did his father found in his thesis that he was surprised about. 

7. I do worry, even  if they mend the family relationship, since Seung Yoo likes Yoon So, can they really accept her? They probably have to live in the suburbs/or live in other countries where the age gap is not frown upon...  away from preying eyes, to live quietly without any interference...

8. One gotta feel sad for ex-fiancee... he is sad dueto the broken relationship... was it opposite attract between him and Yoon soo? And whats with the other Ms Noh? Spying on Seung Yoo... i just get anxious when two NoH sisters are spying on our Leads!:ph34r: 

Seung Yoo... u better anticipate that and make sure u plan the whole thing/revenge properly!

9. Ep11's preview looks promising on the relationship.. yay! Im sure its a hard decision on Yoon So, but when you have a determined boy as Beak Seung Yoo.. what can you do...:lol::heart:

10. Ratings result from yesterday's episode anyone? :lol:

Sigh 2.2%...

its okay... haha.. at least the drama supporters in reddit, dramanice and MDL are all giving pasitive reviews.. B)

Rewatching the drama, curious why would Yerin spend her birthday with Seung Yoo ....   the family didnt even celebrate it with her... isnt birthday a big thing, hmmm.... 

Also, its crazy to think that Seung Yoo, walked out on a dinner with a state minister .. just like that...its probably unthinkable in South Korea... being a status conscious society...  but yes, Seung Yoo's IDGF attitude is fun... B)

Perhaps they might be a kiss.. afterall sY is telling that his heart is sincere in the preview right, while YS is thinking about their conversation.. 

• Like 2

YeRin is truly a terrible person. So delusional and twisted. She sat there with Seung Yoo and shed tears, pretending to be so apologetic about the leaked photo, yet still tried to claim innocence by saying she never thought it would be used that way. Then she goes to nasty Ms Noh and uses SYs words to put all the blame on her former school director, whilst expecting her to take further action to get rid of YS. Then, because she’s a jealous creep & Ms Noh told her to do her own dirty work, she goes to YS & instead of apologising she tries to hurt her further. She’s been so protected and supported by her parents and the corrupt system all her life, that she actually thinks this behaviour will get rid of her competition and win her SY, the prize she has her ugly heart set on now. Although her words may have hurt JYS, she just added herself to her ex teachers revenge list & I’m glad. She was an active participant, regardless of her motives, in the scheme to destroy JYSs life and deserves to be brought down.

• Like 3

Maybe something hurtful might happen in the next episode at that large social gathering?  It's making me nervous. 

No matter what the ratings are, I know I am really enjoying it.  The acting is really good too especially for the 2 main actors.  Can't wait till next week.   Wish it could be sooner.  

• Like 1

Im not sure why some people commented that BSY is stalking JYS... 

*Yes he likes her,

*Yes he wants to talk to her and she just refuses,

*Regardless, he just want to know that she feels ok after all this time... 

*She was his teacher who understood him the most when he was in high school, when his life was in darkness and she was the one who broke him free from his depression

*The circumstances of their parting was traumatic for both parties, as injustice was done to both of them and affecting both their lives

*So what is wrong for him to just make sure that she is okay, even it means trying to show that he is around... He respected her father who was also a math professor, who had the same passion but due to circumstances, had to stay in a elderly homestay... He pose no threat to her father, and her father also give good advice, so whats not to like the relationship between the senior and junior mathematicians?...   Who wouldnt be sad/feels compassionate to the Ji family - one at an elderly home and the other professionally disgraced?

I dont think he was ^stalking^ her per say, just concern, just to make sure that justice was served, to both of them... and to do that, he needs her to talk to him... even if she didnt, he already had plans to do so, hence he went back  to Asung to ^teach^....

Had she been insistent, then there wouldnt be a drama to shoot :lol: and even if, she rejected him, im sure he will be fine.. she did reject him 4 years ago, and i dont think he will forced it on her if she didnt want him in the end... 

Just saying :lol:

I hope tvn will be brave enough to end the drama properly - ie BSY and JYS together! :lol: - Fighting!

• Like 3

https://www.soompi.com/article/1503882wpp/im-soo-jung-and-jin-kyung-face-off-for-1st-time-in-4-years-on-melancholia

Urgh...why was this article even late today...

Ep11 looks good so far... based on twitter's update :heart:... and where is that reddit thread for ep11 and 12 . Sigh...

Seeing how Seung Yoo went bk home and cooked for his parents, i do wonder how they are going to react if he told them about his intention to pursue YS... Im sure they know he wouldnt care about them if they forced him to choose, as he disappeared from them for the past 4 years... 

If it ended happily for both of them, im going to rewatch it again.. the 2 episodes per week waiting is making me restless...haha

• Like 2

Just watched the last episode and I have to say that our main leads were low-key dating XD

He really wants to take care of her, and she is slowly coming out of her shell now. 

Everybody is so obsessed with their love. I think it triggers them because SYS and SY's love is so

"innocent and wholehearted", that it makes them look so superficial and cheap in contrast.

Also, our main couple totally reminds me of the French president and his wives' love story!

She was a teacher at his school, and they also have a huge age gap.

Macron was the one who pursued her –  just like SY! 

@realistic2280a 

I think you could be right! Ironically – or tragically for Yerin – this would be indeed final push needed,

to make SYS run into SY arms. Thx Yerin!

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

@ChyuuNyuu.... he has been confessing from several episodes ago... we viewers are always on the edge of our seats, to wait for Yoon So's return of his tenacious feeling.. its ep11, nor.ally for K drama, by ep8/9, the feels would have been returned :lol:

Regardless we know its gonna happen and yay! Cant wait for Yoon so to say it!!

Yes, Macron's love story is well known and have endured through the decades; that such thing can happen, that its not only between old men and young woman, but between younger men and older women, is a message that society needs to understand. :D...

and for god's sake, its just a drama and no need to bash the leads for it, as seen with many antis deliberate comments... chill :lol:

@backstreetboysfan... lets hope she switches fast! U are talking about JYS right, teacher Ji?

Seung Yoo's dad hasn't softened as I thought tsk. I mean your son comes home - the first time in 4 years and he still bug him on his life choices. What would he say when Seung Yoo brings Yoon Soo home to meet ('cause it's customary to meet the parents before marriage) them I wonder LoL?

Ms. Noh need to get a life. I'm sorry but her tango with her dad made her look like she's his mistress ha-ha. The poor Bonsai plant huhuhu...

And Yoon Su's ex still hasn't gotten over her. I liked how resolute Seung Yoo was in the entire ep. in regards to his feelings toward Yoon Su. The way he pulled her chair close to take a selfie (so hot) was she that light ha-ha!?

Ye Rin with Jin Ah need to share a couch session at the psych office. How odd is it that her mom suddenly find Seung Yoo a "catch' like huh? It was funny to me how Yoon Soo was running from the evil Noh sisters to Seung Yoo and then Si An to her ex in an ep. LoL. 

The next ep. preview show Seung Yoo might be in trouble..? Say it ain't so drama! And perhaps Yoon Soo will finally admit her feelings toward him..

@ChyuuNyuu

Yea that's what I kept reading LoL. It piqued my interest and I looked it up. She's a divorcee with kids right? I was confused 'cause I mixed their story to that of the former pres. 

I was like a teacher? I thought it was a supermodel (Carla Bruni ha-ha)!? I never crushed on any of my tutors/ teachers they were all dull so can't relate LoL.

• Like 1