[Drama 2021] Melancholia ♾️ 멜랑꼴리아

Maetawinz

On 12/24/2021 at 5:46 AM, ChyuuNyuu said:

I just read a comment under the episode 14 promo where a person speculated that we will get a melancholic ending
hence the title … and I think that person might be right.

So, I guess we only got crumbs … 

Are the writers sadists? Why make PSY long for her like that and fight so hard – even have her give him hope,

only to be distant again in the end … (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ 

ChynuNyuu, I feel you. I want them to be together too and I think its possible. In the beginning of the story, as teacher and student, they couldn’t be together.  

After the four-year time lapse, they still couldn’t be together initially because psychologically speaking, their relationship was still that of student/teacher, both trying to reveal past wrongs. Now that the truth from the past has been revealed, they are no longer burdened by the student/teacher relationship, psychologically or otherwise.

After watching next week's preview, it looks like they will be working together as two adults on equal footing, fighting for Si An and against current school corruption.  Without the baggage of their past haunting them, I’m hoping the writers may add a little romance between them or provide an indication that they will be together moving forward. I think (hope) they get their happy ending, even if it is low-key or crumbs.  

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote GIFs! Thanks!
  • Like 5

I wonder what is going to happen between YS and her former fiance now that he is probably going to succeed in bringing Noh down.  Is he going to try to persuade YS to get back together? I hope YS will reject that choice though so there would be more of a chance for our 2 leads to be together in the future.   

So I watched episode 15, and given that we have just one episode left, I have to say that I don't like how they handled the romance. I think they should’ve marketed the drama differently. Why make PSY simp over YS until the end but also have her give him hope on multiple occasions just to crush it like … 

I would’ve written the story a bit differently:

In the beginning, PSY and YS meet at school and bond over their love for maths – without any romantic feelings on both sides. They only really start to mutually develop romantic feelings WHILE they try to expose the cover-up after 4 years when they are both adults – complicating the process because it discredits what they want to prove.
It's just a small change but would put more suspense/tension/chemistry between them imo. It would be interesting seeing the change from platonic to romantic love while trying to deny it for the cause of getting justice.

But yea… we only have the last episode to see how it will all play out …

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

58 minutes ago, ChyuuNyuu said:

I would’ve written the story a bit differently:

In the beginning, PSY and YS meet at school and bond over their love for maths – without any romantic feelings on both sides. They only really start to mutually develop romantic feelings WHILE they try to expose the cover-up after 4 years when they are both adults – complicating the process because it discredits what they want to prove.

But yea… we only have the last episode to see how it will all play out …

Hi... i would think it still leads to the same outcome even with that scenario, ie, YS will still be worried, as she knows it is inappropriate of her as a teacher to have feelings for SY; and the public will still have the same opinion?

I havent watch ep15  but if SY is still subtly telling YS of it again, it reminds me of the Red Sleeve where San keep telling Deok Im about it and she still refuses to budge until the end of ep15... haha.. sigh... 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Hi... i would think it still leads to the same outcome even with that scenario, ie, YS will still be worried, as she knows it is inappropriate of her as a teacher to have feelings for SY; and the public will still have the same opinion?

I know it's very similar, but I think it would've been less frustrating for me (and maybe for others) seeing PYS simp for YS. I just think it would've been a better build up. 

Anyway. I am watching the final episode now and, I have to say, I really love how this drama had so many female characters – good or bad. They all played an important part in the story and had a gratifying conclusion. Also, this drama shows how getting justice is important for victims to get closure.

Spoiler

[OK BUT IMMA TORCH BOWN TVN NOW :isannoyed:
JK. But still bummed that they didn't end up together.… like not at ALL. Not even a hint. Like 180 degrees in different directions. Except maybe the maths-chatroom breadcrumb thingy! My pet peeve is that they made PSY a simp and waste their chemistry. But otherwise, this final really gives the all characters a satisfying ending.]<--- this is what I wanted to write before I saw like the last 10 seconds of the episode hahahaha PEOPLE IM EXUBERANTLY HAPPY!!

:please:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChyuuNyuu said:

Hide contents

[OK BUT IMMA TORCH BOWN TVN NOW :isannoyed:
JK. But still bummed that they didn't end up together.… like not at ALL. Not even a hint. Like 180 degrees in different directions. Except maybe the maths-chatroom breadcrumb thingy! My pet peeve is that they made PSY a simp and waste their chemistry. But otherwise, this final really gives the all characters a satisfying ending.]<--- this is what I wanted to write before I saw like the last 10 seconds of the episode hahahaha PEOPLE IM EXUBERANTLY HAPPY!!

:please:

Haha... was it just 10 freaking seconds only??? Darn TVN!!!

Did they really get married as per one twitter wrote?... 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Haha... was it just 10 freaking seconds only??? Darn TVN!!!

Did they really get married as per one twitter wrote?... 

hahaha I know right?!?! What was the tiniest breadcrumb ever. But at least they are together. And we even get a kiss!!! So I'm happy :wub:

• Like 2