[Drama 2021-2022] The Second Husband, 두번째 남편

Lmangla

I thought the scene where the 2 men were fighting with the unhinged woman looking at the baby was the memory of HR's husband.

I belive JM is not HR's son. Is the chairman's son from his first wife. He probably divorced her to marry HR.

I only start watching this show after SH came out from prison.......but still l do believe that she is HR's daughter. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

No worries - SH is Bok-Soon's daughter - the only reason to cut a scene showing her pull the DNA request, is so later on after HR trys to elevate SH, JK won't believe it, and she will run a DNA test to expose SH, and that will finally, albeit inadvertently reveal SH & Bok-Soon's connection.  

There is a couple of things interesting about the Diary flashback -

First,  the entire scene with the baby & crazy lady at the river when the men are fighting is nothing but Grandma's speculation - She didn't go to the river until AFTER she saw her son dead so how could she know anything about what happened beside the river during the fight?

Second, she was completely wrong about Hae-Ran's motivation, from simply seeing her get hugged.

I'm starting to wonder if Hae-Ran was already pregnant again with Jae-Min when her first husband was killed. Maybe he isn't the Chairman's son after all :unsure:

I could see that happening as well.

• Like 5

-How could a grandmother not recognise her own grandchild? Unless she has just returned from living overseas. 

Grandma did not swipe or kidnap any baby ( So sorry grandmother, I thought you did), she rescued the baby from the wild haired woman. HR recognised the shoe which was worn by Bit Na. One was retrieved by the chairman and the other side was in BSH's box, presumably on the baby's foot.

BSH=Bit Na.

So how could the baby be Bakery lady's daughter? 
Bit Na's father ( the pen man) went to Hanok bakery with Bit Na, mistakenly took BSH and went to the river because Chairman Yoon wanted an urgent meeting. Took the baby out of the car and lo... wrong baby. But Yoon senior came and they fought. He died.

Wild haired lady took the baby. Grandma came and took the baby. Grandma did not recognise her, granddaughter looked different. The shoes? Very common shoes. 

Bit Na was left at the bakery. The bakery mum wondered why her baby looked different. Stranger things have happened. Then the next morning the baby was gone, stolen by the lounge madam and presented to the chairman as his illegitimate daughter. He did not test her DNA because lounge madam had pretended to be pregnant for years. Ma baker is heartbroken felt guilty for thinking her baby looked ugly.

There! All explained for the two scenarios. Although BSH being the bakery baby needs a lot more tweaking. :hwaiting2:

• Like 7

HI all, I have been following this drama since it started and have been reading the posts here with great anticipation. It's the only drama that has kept my interest up. So for me there was a lot of set ups in the earlier episodes that point to Bok Soon as being Seon Hwa's mother. But then BS made a comment when she visited the Police station and said she would know if she saw her daughter that it was Seo Hyun. So back to the drawing board. HR appears to be the top candidate as the biological mother so it makes a lot of sense that SH may be her daughter and because her Dad was Man Sik then that means she would be the rightful one to inherit the company. Jae Min was adopted at the orphanage with no blood ties to either his Mum or Dad as Soo Chul was also from the orphanage so perhaps HR went looking for her daughter and through the grief she bonded with Jae Min and that's how she ended up with him but she made out to DK that it was 'their' baby. This drama is rife with birth secrets so why not? JK is really losing in the cheating streak if her evil deeds are getting caught out she has to lift her game to stay ahead of SH. I am really happy with this drama's storyline, pacing and overall characters and I am hanging out for Sang Hyuk's mother and sister to get their  comeuppance and if Sang Mi ends up with Seo Jun then that means I've wasted 60 hours of my life. Then I want the CEO Dad followed by JK and in that order. From now on I want to see more of Jae Min and Seon Hwa's interactions and love story develop. That is going to break Jae Min's heart when he finds out that Seon Hwa is his sibling. Anyway for the record I want  the last episode with JK, the Dad, Sang Hyuk and his family all suffering to  the end and if I can't get that then I guess I'll take a few years off watching K dramas that are 120 episodes long because I'll be too miffed and frustrated to even bother. :doggie:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, maribella said:

There! All explained for the two scenarios. Although BSH being the bakery baby needs a lot more tweaking. 

BSH is Bok-Soon's daughter

If you wish to believe the speculative Grandma backstory as presented, then why was it necessary for SH to pull the DNA testing in a stand alone scene? If the Writer/PD already gave us the answer, why not just bring back the test results and drive the point home?

Here is the "tweak" you asked for

SH was stolen by the crazy lady and taken to the riverside campsite - Afterwards, Father and Bit-Na are both killed at the riverside by the chairman - Before Grandma gets to the riverside after seeing her son dead, crazy lady finds one of Bit-Na's shoes by the riverside and returns it to the campsite, then leaves to look for the other - Grandma finds SH at the campsite, and believes its Bit-Na. 

Going forward - HR will be united with SH believing her to be Bit-Na.  HR will move to place SH in charge - The Chairman knowing that he killed the child will move against SH, but because he can't outright accuse her without exposing himself, he allies himself with JK, who then calls for a DNA test proving SH isn't Bit-Na, but proves she's Bok-Soon's daughter.  

By this time HR and SH will have grown very close, and stay close. Once her true identity is revealed, she will shed her falsified criminal past and marry Jae-Min under her real name with both Hae-Ran, and Bok-Soon

s full blessings  ...  and her cellmates can be bridesmaids cuz @maribella is all about jailbird redemption arcs 

#FatalPromise :lol:

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

20 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

look for the other - Grandma finds SH at the campsite, and believes its Bit-Na. 

Really @LeftCoastOppa how could a grandma not know her grandchild? If she lives in Busan and sees the baby occasionally, that would make sense. 

I am all for forgiveness after they have served their sentence. :relieved:

BSH's friends all have served their sentences, I think. I have a feeling the woman who was in the bidding clash with JK was also an ex inmate.

According to the chart that @Ayame posted, JK and the lounge madam are biologically related. I wish they would give the backstory. How are JK  and BSH the same age?  The chairman was living with the lounge madam, perhaps. Married Mrs Joo, then found out about JK.

29 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

then why was it necessary for SH to pull the DNA testing in a stand alone scene? If the Writer/PD already gave us the answer, why not just

Because there are many more episodes and they need it to keep us watching. :sweat_smile:

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

so going from a different angle -- my theory for why seon hwa is bakery mom's daughter is because of jae min. at several points, jae kyung is vehement that the chairman is really bent on bloodlines. meaning he will not accept an adopted child. it is why they had to run away to france to carry out this deception. if chairman is indeed focused on bloodlines and giving his company to a male heir, then jae min has to be his son. if jae min is not hae ran's son but just a son of some other mistress/wife, then why does he want jae min to take over the company as opposed to jae kyung. if both jae min and jae kyung are his kids, why is he tipping on jae min taking over?

based on the chart that @Ayame posted, there is 100% love line between jae min and seon hwa. so they can't be related in any form. in terms of ages, jae min seems to be the same age more or less as bakery oppa. now, it is possible that he is a few years younger when he joined the army but the age gap seems to be more like a year or so. seon hwa and bakery oppa's sister were close to the same age and studied in school. bakery oppa is the oldest. so if seon hwa and jae min are more or less around the same age (not older/younger), not able to see how hae ran lost bit na and then had jae min? or raised jae min? 

the last clue that seon hwa is most likely bakery mom's daughter is the dna test. why would the writer have this scene where she registers and then removes her DNA test application? only bakery mom has filed for DNA test, cookie mom hasn't because bit na is dead according to her. so cookie mom is not out there looking for her daughter. so this DNA test is going to come back later at some point... 

@maribella ~ as for grandmom, she admits in her diary entry that she was totally out of it and fully in grief. how can we be sure that she genuinely recognized the baby or mistook another lost baby as bit na? this has happened in other dramas/movies where someone acts irrationally out of grief... it is also possible that the babies looked similar in features and grandmom just wanted to believe that it is her bit na as well. it still sounds strange to me that grandma had such a weird reaction to finding out that bakery mom lost her child... 

@confusedheart ~ shall we have a poll to see whether bit na and seon hwa are connected?

• Awesome 1
  • Insightful 4
  • Blob 1

11 minutes ago, maribella said:

Really @LeftCoastOppa how could a grandma not know her grandchild? If she lives in Busan and sees the baby occasionally, that would make sense. 

Why would Grandma be nearly floored when Bok-Soon told her that her daughter had been taken?  Why would Grandma be claiming "its not my fault" in her sleep?  If she really had taken the correct baby, none of these make sense.

As for JK, I think she is indeed the madame's daughter - The character map that was posted clearly shows a connection between the two - Now while its not definitive, I have never seen an officially released character map lie - they may leave out certain relationship connections but I've never seen a case where they lie about a relationship.

Finally, if SH is Bit-Na, then we never get the "Second Husband", then all the backstory on Bok-Soon's lost daughter is for nothing - As a few others have already pointed out, the clearly telegraphed scenes that point toward SH & Bok-Soon. 

Looks like its time for another Poll - after all we have seen, is SH really Bit-Na? Yes or No?

For me, thats a resounding ...

New York No GIF by HULU

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

In terms of ages, the official global website for MBC actually lists their ages. I'm not really sure why, but the Korean MBC website does not list their ages, only the global website does. I'm going to assume it's true since it's from their official site. Here's the screenshot from the site:

Link to MBC global website: http://content.mbc.co.kr/program/drama/3592474_64285.html#

(View full image)

6JIQ776.jpg

• Thanks 7

Okay so the adopted boy can’t be BSH child because she had a girl. So theory is out.

Also what has been bugging me grandma story on how she found the missing baby. What are the odds that random crazy woman in the woods stole the baby and you find the baby. Like a miracle. I think grandma story was distorted due to grief. I think she took bakery mom baby by accident thinking she was BN due to grief. People due crazy things when highly emotional and refuse reality. So her mind made up this story and she went with until bakery mom retold her story and the wheels start turning and she realized messed up big time.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

for grandmom, she admits in her diary entry that she was totally out of it and fully in grief. how can we be sure that she genuinely recognized the baby or mistook another lost baby as bit na? this has happened in other dramas/mov

For the first few days or weeks maybe, she might be in a daze, but she raised BSH for 30 years. If she's a non-Korean, I could buy it. Same shoes too? How could she not feel that it's not right. She will be wondering what is happening to her real grandchild. She would not devote her life to another woman's grand daughter.
It may be part of the storyline but, that is so unbelievable. I know cat and dog owners who can tell their animals apart. Me: it's a cat just like all cats.

Even if she took the wrong baby, why would she connect with her grandaughter when bakery mum told her story. @LeftCoastOppa Babies get kidnapped. 
Besides grandma was close to the bakery people. She was encouraging BSH to be close to her blood relatives? Nnno. The only way, BSH is baker mum's baby is for the grandmother to kidnap her at the bakery. So grabbing the baby from the wild haired woman could mean the baby died too.

In @Ayame's new posting, BSH was less than a year old, not a few days old when babies look the same. 
I cannot believe she is bringing up another girl while her granddaughter is alive somewhere. Bit Na has to be dead if she's not looking for her own granddaughter.

Ne'ertheless, I thank she is Bit Na. Grandma's last message would have corrected the impression that her mother found another man in a few hours or days of being a widow if she is the baker mum.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1