[Drama 2021-2022] The Second Husband, 두번째 남편

Lmangla

So we finally got subs for Episode 107 -

This Episode basically kicks the foundation out from under JK ...

- MSH finds out she lied about losing her memory

- Chairman, HR & JM find out she lied about losing her memory

- JM & BSH find out that the "saving TY" was staged and as earlier reported the kidnapped individual is the former witness Mr Baek who has been institutionalized but escaped

HR served as a one woman wrecking ball today ...

- She bought out the building Chicken Mom's restaurant is in and kicked her out

- She found out JK was using Soo-Choel to photoshop the affair pics, and notified Chairman first

Bakery Oppa did indeed make it weird with Jae-Min, and told him outright that he wouldn't let JM marry BSH

Sang-Mi didn't give up, but while discussing Bakery Oppa with BSH, she is told what kind of woman Bakery Oppa likes and the last descriptor is "brave" ... I got a bad feeling about this ... Sang-Mi will try to prove herself and end up getting injured or worse trying to be "brave" ... hope I'm wrong :unsure:

Per preview, JK does indeed seem to tell the Chairman that BSH is Bit-Na ... so thats gonna be fun.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Ep 107 is an excellent episode, lots of revelations and indeed YJK faked her memory loss as most of us predicted here in this thread!

But more brilliantly are JHR's actions - she bought over the building where YMJ's chicken place was located and exposed her (and MSH's) greed at the Yoon's, scaring the thick-skinned YMJ off.

Oh and knowing that YJK never lost her memory was key for her to make sure YJK did not gain anything by sending those fake photos of JHR with James Kang to YDK. She was a step ahead of YJK by telling her husband first that those photos were fake and YJK was just putting on an act. And rightly, YDK told YJK off right in her face and that must have somewhat intimidated her as her plan backfired on her :onfirex: I am waiting on what will happen to KSC after JHR and YJM (who still believed in KSC) found out that that guy is still as loyal as ever to YJK!

Bakery Oppa's cold treatment of YJM and his warning that he will prevent YJM from marrying BSH are ominous signs that things will be brewing between the three people involved (or even more if include MSH and his sister). Not going to be pretty I guess.

And the preview today looks good - BSH's identity will be revealed to YDK, and there seems be something happening involving Prison Unnie again.

• Like 8
  • Awesome 2

9 hours ago, Newbie21SG said:

Bakery Oppa's cold treatment of YJM and his warning that he will prevent YJM from marrying BSH are ominous signs that things will be brewing between the three people involved (or even more if include MSH and his sister). Not going to be pretty I guess.

To be precise, what Bakery Oppa said was, "I won't let BSH come to you" (or "I won't send her to you", the way it is said in Korean).  They took some liberty in translating it.   Basically, forget marriage; he won't let BSH even date JM.  Like you said, ominous, very much.

Anyway, from today's episode, it seems like BitNa has not been revealed to everybody... So the painful phase of a JM-BSH breakup like I worried yesterday, is not imminent.  It was only JK saying the BitNa story to the chairman... But then the DNA test blew up on JK's face!!

JK is now like,

Season 12 Wtf GIF

And we are also like

how is that even possible season 1 GIF by Manifest

Haha.... I love it! 

Oh The Drama GIF by MOODMAN

This drama is too much!!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

So while we wait on subs for Episode 108, lets discuss that last minute DNA test ...

First, my initial reaction ...

Make Me Laugh GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Okay, with that out of the way, there are only 2 real possibilities here. I'd love the first, so its probably the second ....

First - Its a REAL DNA test result

BSH isn't Hae-Ran's Bit-Na.  Consider, Soo-Choel didn't have his hands in this one so if the first was fraudulent now this could be the truth.  Yes, a very large explanation would be in order to explain the required shenanigans at the police station, but its well within the bounds of kdramaverse possibilities.  

Second - Its a FAKE DNA test result

Hae-Ran has consistently been 2 steps ahead of JK almost from the start, so it stands to reason that she might have seen this coming - Also worth noting Jae-Min has outwitted JK on DNA games once before too, albeit slightly different circumstances.  

If BSH isn't Hae-Ran's daughter, it fixes alot of potential pitfalls.  No impediment to BSH/JM - HR doesn't have to ever reveal JM's birth secret, BSH can quietly turn the company over to JM, which was what HR initially wanted - "if" BSH turns out to be Bok-Soons daughter, it fixes the Bakery Oppa/JM dust up, and opens the door to Sang-Mi :wub:

(sigh) ... its probably a fake result :rolleyes: 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

I agree, it's probably a fake result.  I wouldn't be surprised if there is another flashback to someone switching the water glasses without JK seeing it, thus putting a pox on the old DNA trick.

And more LOL moments from the prison unnies when they hid in the van next to SC's car, then popped up like toast when he drove off with a tracker on his car!  They are so funny! :D

At some point it's going to be Seo Jun who has a bad case of the sads when he finally realizes that BSH is just not into him.  Time to move on.

I'm going to stick with the prediction that the mother/daughter relationship with Mrs. Joo and BSH is either not revealed at all, or perhaps, in secret between the two so as not to diminish the BSH/JM relationship.  Writer nim is clever at navigating these muddy waters, so it could be a real surprise.:tounge_wink:

• Like 6

My initial theory about the DNA not matching up is what many had discussed is that it's a fake DNA result. JK actually did not take the spoon with BSH DNA but JM's spoon since he was sitting next to BSH. So JHR and JM are indeed not a match. But then the lab should realize that the DNA belonged to a HE and not a SHE. 

My other take is that JHR realized what JK was up to. She has been a few steps ahead. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

sigh) ... its probably a fake result :rolleyes: 

Do I detect a note of acceptance here?

I cannot imagine how embarrasing it would be to watch her reaction if she manages to attract some attention from Bakery oppa. 

If BSH is not Bit Na, the writer will have to concoct some story of how grandma ended up with the lost Bakery baby.

Is Mr Baek still at large? Wrongful detention would certainly give a hefty prison sentence to JK and her faithful butler. They should also imprison the asylum owners. This is like 17th century France where they send people they don't like to the Bastille.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

That cliffhanger at the end of Ep 108! Omo omo…..the DNA test (how many times have we done this in this serial?) shows that JHR and YJK are not mother-daughter!

And that look on YJK’s face is priceless - plus that furious scowl on Chairman YDK’s face as he threw the results at YJK hahahahahaa :Pandabulous:

Fool me once, I am stupid; and fool me twice now, what do you take me for? I cannot imagine YJK being trusted by her Abuchi anymore….esp with this latest DNA fiasco. To YDK, YJK will now be considered an extremely unscrupulous person who will do anything to get JHR out of the Yoon’s - more so because she has a motive, being the “biological daughter” of the mistress that YDK himself detest!

And what about the DNA test itself? I will guess its just another case of JHR being one step ahead of YJK and KSC once more, and back-to-back victories to her in her revenge plan!

The stakeout by the Prison Unnies in an attempt to find Mr Baek will be an interesting one to follow - at least a fresh sub-plot!

• Like 5