[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Love like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂

pad-hari

8 hours ago, Bojun said:

My wife watched this quite some time ago, and back then I wasn't really that interested as I was watching other dramas with my favorite Chinese actresses. Saw her in Who Rules The World and immediately after that she became one of my favorites. She seem to have a strong chemistry with her male co-stars and her visuals are very good.

I'm currently up to episode 6, and her grandmother and 2nd aunt are really irritating, although her mother isn't really doing the right thing herself up to this point of the story. I was able to watch parts of a few episodes with my wife before and know I have to suffer watching the guy who will end up becoming Niao Niao's first fiance. Not really a fan of their chemistry or interaction, so I'll most like be skipping most of those scenes. In general I'm not a fan of 3rd wheels.

On a side note the actions playing her mother is quite beautiful.

One of my  favorite dramas of all time. 

I love the chemistry between the leads.

He's so swoony!

Have fun watching!

• Like 2

On 10/21/2022 at 12:48 AM, ElleSor said:

One of my  favorite dramas of all time. 

I love the chemistry between the leads.

He's so swoony!

Have fun watching!

Up to episode 42 now. So far my favorite episode is episode 38 when Niao Niao was crying her heart out while Ling Buyi was being caned. What an emotional roller coaster from pain to love. I watched that scene 3 times before moving on. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Bojun said:

Up to episode 42 now. So far my favorite episode is episode 38 when Niao Niao was crying her heart out while Ling Buyi was being caned. What an emotional roller coaster from pain to love. I watched that scene 3 times before moving on. 

Yes, they get all the range of emotions as they get to know each other and get a grip of their angst and secrets.

I love the depth of emotions that they feel for each other. I totally understand what they do for each other but at the same time I just want to knock some sense into them. "Talk about your feelings G*ddammit!!" 

Hahaha! Anyway, enjoy watching!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ElleSor said:

Yes, they get all the range of emotions as they get to know each other and get a grip of their angst and secrets.

I love the depth of emotions that they feel for each other. I totally understand what they do for each other but at the same time I just want to knock some sense into them. "Talk about your feelings G*ddammit!!" 

Hahaha! Anyway, enjoy watching!!

I know they are going to have a sad episode after Niao Niao said they cannot be together (AGAIN!!!) as I saw my wife watching before. But I'm clueless on the reason behind. 

Also why Ling Buyi killed a lot of people in his fake father's place.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Bojun said:

I know they are going to have a sad episode after Niao Niao said they cannot be together (AGAIN!!!) as I saw my wife watching before. But I'm clueless on the reason behind. 

Also why Ling Buyi killed a lot of people in his fake father's place.

This may be a spoiler for you, so open after you have seen the relevant episodes.

Spoiler

Niao Niao felt betrayed when LBY jumped away from her when they were at the cliff. She was so willing to be with him, even after he killed all the Ling people but it turned out that he abandoned her (She has abandonment issues with her parents)when he tried to kill himself by jumping off the cliff. From LBY POV, he was saving her from the entanglement of his crime of killing his "father". He had no idea how to prove that his "fake" father killed his real father. She was suspicious about his identity and kept asking if he had anything important to say to her...but he never got the chance to tell her. 

Spoiler

The people that he killed were among the Ling people with whom he has no loyalty or allegiance since they were his fake family. His fake father was also suspicious of his motives for going to the birthday celebration with a gift so he had some of the Ling soldiers present. 

I hope my answers are ok. If anybody has another idea please let us know. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ElleSor said:

This may be a spoiler for you, so open after you have seen the relevant episodes.

Reveal hidden contents

Niao Niao felt betrayed when LBY jumped away from her when they were at the cliff. She was so willing to be with him, even after he killed all the Ling people but it turned out that he abandoned her (She has abandonment issues with her parents)when he tried to kill himself by jumping off the cliff. From LBY POV, he was saving her from the entanglement of his crime of killing his "father". He had no idea how to prove that his "fake" father killed his real father. She was suspicious about his identity and kept asking if he had anything important to say to her...but he never got the chance to tell her. 

Reveal hidden contents

The people that he killed were among the Ling people with whom he has no loyalty or allegiance since they were his fake family. His fake father was also suspicious of his motives for going to the birthday celebration with a gift so he had some of the Ling soldiers present. 

I hope my answers are ok. If anybody has another idea please let us know. 

@ElleSor Okay I took a peek and I guess I can say that they were not totally a spoiler for me because I also recall seeing that scene in the cliff, but obviously I didn't know the context.

Up to episode 46 now, so I guess the only (I hope) surprise I don't know is how they get back together again.

• Thanks 1

Up to episode 52 now and seriously why are they both stubborn and too proud. They ended up hurting a love of people who loves them. Anyway only 7 episodes remain and I'm looking forward to how they end up together again.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Bojun said:

Up to episode 52 now and seriously why are they both stubborn and too proud. They ended up hurting a love of people who loves them. Anyway only 7 episodes remain and I'm looking forward to how they end up together again.

I agree.

They took the long way around to resolve their feelings for each other.

Anyway, glad to say all that regret, sadness and feelings of betrayal is sure to end with a HE.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ElleSor said:

I agree.

They took the long way around to resolve their feelings for each other.

Anyway, glad to say all that regret, sadness and feelings of betrayal is sure to end with a HE.

Okay that seem like bad editing between episodes 53 and 54. Episode 53 ended with Niao Niao unconscious in end and her mother telling Huo Buyi to take it step by step. Then episode 54 started with both of them in the palace having a sort of heart to heart talk, but still ended up hurting each other AGAIN. So frustrating and annoying!!! I want to knock their heads together!!!

@ElleSor what is the meaning of HE? Happy ending? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bojun said:

Okay that seem like bad editing between episodes 53 and 54. Episode 53 ended with Niao Niao unconscious in end and her mother telling Huo Buyi to take it step by step. Then episode 54 started with both of them in the palace having a sort of heart to heart talk, but still ended up hurting each other AGAIN. So frustrating and annoying!!! I want to knock their heads together!!!

@ElleSor what is the meaning of HE? Happy ending? 

Yes, I was a bit confused during my initial watch when they were suddenly making sugar water (?) together.

The editing could have been better there.

I initially thought maybe it was a dream sequence but it went farther and I realized it was for real.

Yes, HE stands for Happy Ending.

• Like 2

Yay finally finished the drama. Don’t know why I kept on thinking there was 59 episodes. The final episodes were almost perfect, from the hidden underground burial chamber, the fight to save the Crown Prince, the fight to save Guo village, and of course the loving hug in the bridge in front of the Cheng family.

I said almost perfect because I reckon there was one too many screen time for Yuan Shantian or something lol. Niao Niao has already rejected him, but they kept on showing his dejected reaction whenever the two lovebirds have intimate scenes.

An actual wedding scene would have been nice but wearing the capes they wore when they met during the lantern festival had a nice touch to it because that was the time when Huo Buyi decided Niao Niao is the one for him. Niao Niao also looks good in red.

• Like 3

On 10/29/2022 at 9:29 AM, Bojun said:

Yay finally finished the drama. Don’t know why I kept on thinking there was 59 episodes. The final episodes were almost perfect, from the hidden underground burial chamber, the fight to save the Crown Prince, the fight to save Guo village, and of course the loving hug in the bridge in front of the Cheng family.

I said almost perfect because I reckon there was one too many screen time for Yuan Shantian or something lol. Niao Niao has already rejected him, but they kept on showing his dejected reaction whenever the two lovebirds have intimate scenes.

An actual wedding scene would have been nice but wearing the capes they wore when they met during the lantern festival had a nice touch to it because that was the time when Huo Buyi decided Niao Niao is the one for him. Niao Niao also looks good in red.

Yay!!

It is really a great drama.

I love how realistic it is and how much love they both have for each other.

Reality just have a twisted say in some things but I'm happy for their ending.

And true, I would have wanted a grand wedding...hahaha! I am echoing the emperor here!!! 

Why were we not at their wedding?!

But, anyway, it is a great story, nonetheless. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if this has been discussed before, as I'm a late comer to the drama (finished it a few weeks ago). I just wanted to mention that cinematographically, LLTG was amazing, so beautiful and attentive to details. The scene of the killing spree, as much as I'm not at all keen on violence, was simply stunning. It reminded  me of a Japanese film, where you see the action in silhouette only...truly magnificent. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PPB said:

Apologies if this has been discussed before, as I'm a late comer to the drama (finished it a few weeks ago). I just wanted to mention that cinematographically, LLTG was amazing, so beautiful and attentive to details. The scene of the killing spree, as much as I'm not at all keen on violence, was simply stunning. It reminded  me of a Japanese film, where you see the action in silhouette only...truly magnificent. 

Ooohhh, yes!

This drama was thoroughly thought of and the scenes are amazingly shot.

Very high quality cinematography. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2022 at 7:31 AM, ElleSor said:

Ooohhh, yes!

This drama was thoroughly thought of and the scenes are amazingly shot.

Very high quality cinematography. 

I have to agree with you both on the cinematography of LLTG. I just finished rewatching this for the 4th time. I love this show so much, and wish it was still on. I miss LBY and CSS so much.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just finished this drama, and wow. I do not watch many historicals, have not seen many Chinese dramas, and don't usually watch things that are so long. But I heard good things about it, and wow. The cinematography was amazing! Top notch acting. (I didn't know any of the actors coming in so I have no preconceived notions of them.) There were some times I did not see ANY way to resolve some of the issues in this story, but in the end they really did resolve their trauma and emotional issues in a way that was really satisfying to me. Love the Cheng family! Love the emperor and his two wives! Hate a lot of other creepy characters, but that's drama, lol. 

Also agree with the above comments on the massacre scene. I hate violence, and there was so much of it here (I need to go back to Kdramas for a while, where they blur out butter knives, lol). But that scene in particular was shot super artistically, I will agree. 

Dramas come and go, but this one is a solid masterpiece. 

19 hours ago, frozentundra said:

Just finished this drama, and wow. I do not watch many historicals, have not seen many Chinese dramas, and don't usually watch things that are so long. But I heard good things about it, and wow. The cinematography was amazing! Top notch acting. (I didn't know any of the actors coming in so I have no preconceived notions of them.) There were some times I did not see ANY way to resolve some of the issues in this story, but in the end they really did resolve their trauma and emotional issues in a way that was really satisfying to me. Love the Cheng family! Love the emperor and his two wives! Hate a lot of other creepy characters, but that's drama, lol. 

Also agree with the above comments on the massacre scene. I hate violence, and there was so much of it here (I need to go back to Kdramas for a while, where they blur out butter knives, lol). But that scene in particular was shot super artistically, I will agree. 

Dramas come and go, but this one is a solid masterpiece. 

I love this drama too.

So well done.

The two main leads are also topnotch despite their young ages.

I want to see them again in another drama.

I also agree that the Cheng family is a very good family. 

I totally understand the mother and her wish for her daughter to be more "dignified" or whatever she calls it.

I also love the emperor, the empress and the other concubine. 

• Like 1