[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Love like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂

pad-hari

Eps 34 (engagement), 37 (when the Fifth princess and all her playmates - and their fathers- were "punished",  and 38 (over-the-top sweetness after Ling Buyi was punished) are my favorite episodes from this series.  In ep 38 especially, I so loved and laughed so hard with the following dialogue: 
     LBY: (after kissing CSS) Shouldn't we be waiting to do these things after we got married?
     CSS: Shouldn't I be the one saying that?
     LBY: Then we should kiss again.  Then you can say it.
Our general knows how to talk!

I will truly miss this series, though I also felt that the ending was a bit rushed.  I will especially miss our OTP, General Huo's two sidekicks, the whole Cheng family, the Emperor, the old and last Empresses, Wan QiQi (!), the Emperor's trusted eunuch, and Madam Zhai.  There is no other series that I had the most laughs, the most cries, the most excitement at the same time.  Well-made production! Indeed, I am highly recommending this drama to my friends.

Lastly, I already love Zhao Lusi, but this is the first where I saw Wu Lei! as an adult actor He can act! And such nice visuals! I will surely look out for more of his future work!

• Like 3

On 8/22/2022 at 7:07 PM, ElleSor said:

Yes, Wu Lei and Zhao Lu Si have great rapport. 

They really have a great connection. 

Lei Lei can act with his eyes alone. OMGGGG!

ZLS cries like there's no tomorrow. I love 081 and 33 couple so much.

The story is also great.

I am off to read the novel.

Thanks so much everybody for watching LLTG with me. 

The novel is being officially translated now for release here too. I will def get it once it is out. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Yinye said:

The novel is being officially translated now for release here too. I will def get it once it is out. 

That's great news. 

I'm currently reading it but the translation may not be as accurate as I wish it to be.

BUT, I am thankful for the translators because I still get the gist of what I'm reading.

• Blob 1

10 hours ago, Yinye said:

Oh that is great news, I am so excited for  this book. I have tried to read the translations I have found, but the ones I have found were incomplete, and I hate starting something that I can't end.

• Blob 1

@ElleSor and @Tamakins In Thailand, we have been reading officially translated Chinese novels for at least a decade and so our translators are super super good re context, history, and notes to explain anything. I have so many Chinese novels hahahah. Once it’s release, I plan to read right away - if you have any questions due to the unofficial translations being unclear, post it here and I can help answer them. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Yinye said:

@ElleSor and @Tamakins In Thailand, we have been reading officially translated Chinese novels for at least a decade and so our translators are super super good re context, history, and notes to explain anything. I have so many Chinese novels hahahah. Once it’s release, I plan to read right away - if you have any questions due to the unofficial translations being unclear, post it here and I can help answer them. 

Thanks!

I love reading translated Chinese novels.

I've been through a lot actually.

• Love 1

Thank you for this forum. I have been searching because of the series/drama. I do not know if you knew but they are also the endorsers/ambassadors of Bvlgari, together with Yang Yang. I already saw the video and some videos that made by WuLu shippers :hooray2:.

Did you also know that there are videos that reading Tarot cards for them? The shippers and fans are so amazing.:fullofhearts:

On 8/21/2022 at 2:08 PM, hush puppy said:

Thank you for this.:fullofhearts:

On 8/21/2022 at 2:23 PM, hush puppy said:

@Yinye  Hi. How are you?  Have you fully recover? 

Yes. It is obvious that they were rushing with the final few episodes. Still makes sense.  But a bit "Disconnected" in certain areas  :

-  Ep 55: Zhao Jun is Pregnant. She fell into the Secret Chamber, together with CSS.  But she did not suffer any Pain, Discomfort or Miscarriage.  Amazing!

- Ep 55: HWS, CSS, ZJ & YSJ were climbing up the rope-ladder to escape from the Secret Chamber. Wang Yan Ji pulled HWS's leg to prevent him from escaping. Being a powerful Military General, Huo Wu Shang could easily "Kicked" her off.  But he was pulled down, only to appear Miraculously Safe later. Incredible! :lol:

Luo Ji Tong:

Huo Wu Shang sent her 2 carts of Dowries + A Bronze Mirror :lol:.

In the olden days, even now, A Blessed Bronze Mirror is used to Reflect /Ward off  any Evil Spirits. That is why in some Chinese Homes, they place a Bronze Mirror on top of their Front Doors.

So by giving LJT a Bronze Mirror, Huo Wu Shang is telling her that "He Has Got Rid Of An Evil Woman".  Which is why LJT's face changed the moment she heard of the Bronze Mirror.  And CSS rubbed "Salt" into her injury by saying "Ah.  A Looking Glass" - meaning "For You To Self-Reflect". 

But she did not Self-Reflect.  Still want to kill CSS.

Thank you for this. But I would like to say something about Ep. 55. If we are going to analyze thoroughly, Ling Buyi did it but almost the end of the series, they should have thought, that when Wang Yan Ji entered in their room, there is a door connected to it. They can enter and they can go out. They don’t have to force themselves climbing the ladder. They just have to knock her so thay they can get to the door. That’s Ling Buyi thought thatbis why he goes on that door that is why he escaped.:smile:

2 hours ago, samtrocino said:

Thank you for this.:fullofhearts:

Thank you for this. But I would like to say something about Ep. 55. If we are going to analyze thoroughly, Ling Buyi did it but almost the end of the series, they should have thought, that when Wang Yan Ji entered in their room, there is a door connected to it. They can enter and they can go out. They don’t have to force themselves climbing the ladder. They just have to knock her so thay they can get to the door. That’s Ling Buyi thought thatbis why he goes on that door that is why he escaped.:smile:

I would like to think that they were surprised  (when she appeared) which is why they couldn't think straight at the moment. Hahahaha! Anyway, yes HBY finally thought of that which is why he got out. And yeah, she didn't have any weapon with her at that time so that was a real plot hole.

• LOL 1

Somehow managed to rush some episodes (and skipping some parts) and just finish watching ep20...

i would say ep21 should be a new beginning for them... im so curious how would she really end the engagement, since currently she is still stubborn and wanting to still be engage with ah Yao... sigh...

Wonders what demotion did General Ling received?... no longer general but Marshal?... 

Is anyone here a binjin shipper or CLOY fan? Just yesterday when I saw some new wulu bts I thought to myself how similar some of them are to binjin's .. I also saw a comment on YouTube by someone on an older bts.

And then I saw these on Twitter .. I am not alone hahah.. I have major "sepanx" from these two .. Forgive and ignore me if you disagree 

• Like 2

Ep21.... i cant help but rolled my eyes at engagement breakup of ah yao and shao2... :D the dialogue is so cringey... hehe... 

Yao2 looks so boyish... hmm

Grandma oh grandma, why r u so greedy... 

----

It took 23 episodes for me to find something to smile and laugh about...

And the sudden marriage proposal on ep24... finally, no more dancing and avoiding each other...

Seriosuly the actor, General Ling looks menencing still.. after 24 episodes.. in other drama, he would be well suited as a villlan :D

• Like 1

I love the emperor and Worthy Lady Yue.

The empress was really a good person as well, too bad she died but then, it was part of the script. 

Overall, I am delightfully satisfied with this drama. 

I wanted a grander ending...what with all the broken engagements and angst but it's ok.

HBY finally has a family and so does CSS. 

• Like 3

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Love like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂

Today I purchased the official translated novel (Thai) and the publisher is only releasing the first three volumes on November 18. There’s a total of 7 volumes for the complete novel. The other 4 volume is set for early 2023. Each volume is pretty thick! 

If you are curious what it looks like:

https://store.jamsai.com/8859305117034.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yinye said:

Today I purchased the official translated novel (Thai) and the publisher is only releasing the first three volumes on November 18. There’s a total of 7 volumes for the complete novel. The other 4 volume is set for early 2023. Each volume is pretty thick! 

If you are curious what it looks like:

https://store.jamsai.com/8859305117034.html

Wow!

Good for you.

Is there an English one?

• Like 1