[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Love like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂

pad-hari

I absolutely love this drama! Haven't gotten totally obsessed with a historical drama since "The Rebel Princess".

Leo Wu and Zhao Lusi are a match made in heaven!  I've liked Leo since I saw him in Nirvana in Fire. I loved him in Fight Breaks Spear, Cross Fire, Sand Sea, and The Long Ballad. Lusi has been good in every drama I've seen of hers. Both so talented! 

I'm sad a disappointed that I see some watchers are dissatisfied with the romance between our two leads. They're thinking of dropping the drama right before it really picks up. They're on eps 26-30. I'm like stick with it! 

• Like 6

22 hours ago, QSD said:

Cool knight shining armor like batman with the cloak.

Yes, I agree!!

Leo Wu is working his outfits to their true potential.

He looks really good!!

ZLS is acting so well here as well although her clothes are not as stunning as LW's. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, baiqian said:

I absolutely love this drama! Haven't gotten totally obsessed with a historical drama since "The Rebel Princess".

Leo Wu and Zhao Lusi are a match made in heaven!  I've liked Leo since I saw him in Nirvana in Fire. I loved him in Fight Breaks Spear, Cross Fire, Sand Sea, and The Long Ballad. Lusi has been good in every drama I've seen of hers. Both so talented! 

I'm sad a disappointed that I see some watchers are dissatisfied with the romance between our two leads. They're thinking of dropping the drama right before it really picks up. They're on eps 26-30. I'm like stick with it! 

@baiqian  Agree with you.  What took you so long to make your post?:lol:  I like the balance of "Humour".  It makes it more bearable to watch the sad scenes.  It is like when they give us a bowl of Bitter Medicine, they also remember to offer us some Sweets.  Very considerate.

• Like 4

Both Eps 43 & 44 are interspersed with Humour.  So do not worry.  It is not too difficult to watch.  The sad thing is, they have not found CSS's father, Cheng Shi yet.

Ep 43: 

1) In Ep 42, for CSS's safety, Emperor Wen ordered her not to leave at Changqiu Palace (The Queen's Royal Residence) without his permission - sort of a casual House Arrest.

Empress Xuan is so kind.  Knowing that CSS wants to leave the Palace to look for her Father, she defy the Emperor's decree.   She gave CSS her Royal Permit - to leave the Palace as well as Checkpoint-Clearance. 

But smart CSS quietly returned Empress Xuan's Permit  She does not want to implicate her.  CSS has already duplicated her Permit or Badge. 

But before she can use it and get into trouble, Yuan Shan Jian was there and helped her both to go to the Prison to visit her Family, and to leave the Palace.

2) CSS's grandmother is so Funny.   She told CSS where to find her Money and use it to locate Cheng Shi and her uncles.  CSS went "soft" and said she has Misjudged  her. That Grandma is actually not a selfish person. But the moment CSS finished her sentence, Grandma Whispered to her: "Save the Men First".  CSS's face Froze back again. :lol: (1st Joke)

3) When Peng Kun's Vice General, Liang Yi was captured by Ling Bu Yi, he ridiculed LBY's Armour.  You call yourself a General ? But wears "A Chicken Armour". 

LBY: This is not Chicken.  This is Mandarin Duck :lol:  (LBY threatened to kill him)

LBY asked Liang Yi: "My Armour is Chicken or Mandarin Duck ?"

Liang Yi dared not answer.

LBY: You answer.  I release you.  If not, I kill you.

Liang Yi: "It is Mandarin Duck"   :lol: Ha, Ha.  So Funny (2nd Joke)

4) Once LBY found out that CSS has left the Palace to look for his dad, he went beserked.  He attacked Shouchun immediately.  He sneaked into Shouchun City by hiding under General Liang Yi's Provisions Carriage.  Lady Wang Ling had really married Peng Chun and because she shouted, Peng Chun's men were alerted to the presence of LBY.

But LBY fought them off all by himself.  He does not want to sacrifice his soldiers.  So he tried to open the City's Draw-Bridge Gates for them.  His Fight Scene is Very Impressive.  Very well choreographed.  He was almost killed by Peng Chun.  CSS's Armour saves him.  Because it was made from a combination of Copper Wire and Hemp, it can withstand a stab from a sword.  Peng Chun's poke on LBY's Armour caused a "Tear" which revealed the "Rabbit" (or Rat) inside. :lol:

5) LBY ordered for Peng Chun to be sent back to the Capital for Trial.  LBY didn't kill Peng Kun. Because he is a Witness to the Massacre of Gu City.

Ep 44:

1) LBY found CSS in Tongniu County.  Lou Ben was there. I believed Lou Ben purposely set the Prison on fire to kill a Witness.  And CSS happened to be in the Prisons.

2) It is very obvious that Lou Ben is the Culprit.  LBY and CSS very soon found that out.

3) With the Clues given by Madam Li (Li Feng's wife), LBY had his men search the surrounding area.  They found the dead bodies of Yan Zhong and his entire family buried in the ground.  Yan Zhong is the County Governor of Tong Niu City.  And  an Old Friend of Lou Ben.  Wah.  Lou Ben betrayed his own friend. (But CSS's father is not among them.  That means he is still alive).

4) LBY ordered for a Letter (Report) to be immediately sent to Emperor Wen.  LBY is a very efficient General.

5) When alone with CSS, LBY told her that he understood her feelings.  He did not say it.  But of course we all know he is referring to the Massacre of Gu City where he lost his Entire Family.  

He told CSS:  "Actually I Really Need You." (He did not finish the 2nd Part).  But it immediately reminds me again of Sigmund Freud's statement of a Matured Love:  "I Need You Because I Love You."

6) Back at the Palace, we have more Comedic Moments.  Emperor Wen is not Stupid.  I think he also suspect Lou Ben.  

He said: Tong Niu has Copper Refineries.  So all the County Governors will build Tall and Thick Walls.  No Enemiy can take over Tong Niu without inflicting heavy casualties.  But Lou Ben can recover Tong Niu Without Losing A Single Soldier.

So it will be interesting to watch how Lou Ben performs back at the Palace in Ep 45 - Tomorrow.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Ep. 43 was HILARIOUS. The neverending debate of whether Bu Yi's armor were chicken OR mandarin duck wings was pure comedy gold LoL!!

Love the sisterhood bond between Consort Yue & Empress; very rare in a palace harem. Bu Yi was SO. DAMN. HOT. in that fighting scene with Peng Kun. 

Ep. 44 was just as delightful as our otp were reunited. Shao Shang still remains whiny sighs. Glad Bu Yi's chubby guard stood up for him. In the prison, when hubs discovered wifey I wished he didn't apologize. It was her reckless decision to come there alone. 

Yuan really came through again for Shao Shang these past ep. Bu Yi is just amazingly gentle & patient with Shao Shang. He is just THE standard for men LoL. 

With just 10 ep. remaining.. it'd be upsetting to say farewell to this lovely, engaging drama. The best C-Drama this year! Great cast, dialogue. Bravo. I will surely miss it~

• Like 2

43 & 44  Both Concort Yue and Empress are such beautiful women ...almost like night and day in personalities, and yet almost identical goodwill and kind hearts :heart: :heart:  Our CSS is actually amazing....no fear to venture on her quest to find her father ...no wishy washy here  100% decisive  .  

YS stood by her again and let her see her family , stood by General W when he applied chiropractic treatment to the cowardly official ....he has changed so much from a solitary and pompous  person to a human with surprising acceptance of standing by 'his friends' and helping them wholeheartedly .

Our General LBY holllyyyyy molly can the man fight but also gently press the acupuncture point on his beloved with such gentleness ....and the chicken feathers will become legendary .  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

LLTG Liang Qiu Qi and Liang Qiu Fei .. Ling BuYi 's aids or soldier sidekicks...are my most favorite of any drama both chinese and korean in terms of sidekicks. The dynamic of one being clueless and the other all knowing is so endearing. I hope neither one of them dies. That will be really sad. Their interactions and facial expressions are hillarious but their loyalty also helps them shine. Overall, thoroughly enjoying everything about LLTG. I like and hate when Thursday comes around because I want to see the episode but now I have to wait til Tuesday for more episodes. Enjoying the character development of the main leads and perfect infusion of humor. i'm still grappling with wether one should be forgiven if you are left at the alter, so to speak, to go avenge the murder of your family. I am leaning towards no... but...love conquers all right? lol

• Like 2

I'm really enjoying this drama! The family relationships are a little confusing, though. It's difficult to keep everything straight. I need a family tree chart, LOL. Question about LBY family for anyone who has read the book or knows spoilers for the drama:

Spoiler

Does LBY know that his birth father is General Hou? Does he understand that his mother is actually his aunt? At first, I thought that he did not know this, but then we saw flashback scenes of him witnessing the killing of General Hou, so now I am wondering if he does know the facts, but just decided to live as LBY after the Lone City massacre and the killing of his birth father General Hou. It's unclear in the drama whether he knows who his birth parents are and has decided to adopt General Ling and Hou Jun Hua as his parents since his birth parents were killed or that he doesn't know/remember anything. Also, who was LBY birth mother? Was it the Emperor's sister? Or someone else?  

41 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

I'm really enjoying this drama! The family relationships are a little confusing, though. It's difficult to keep everything straight. I need a family tree chart, LOL. Question about LBY family for anyone who has read the book or knows spoilers for the drama:

Reveal hidden contents

Does LBY know that his birth father is General Hou? Does he understand that his mother is actually his aunt? At first, I thought that he did not know this, but then we saw flashback scenes of him witnessing the killing of General Hou, so now I am wondering if he does know the facts, but just decided to live as LBY after the Lone City massacre and the killing of his birth father General Hou. It's unclear in the drama whether he knows who his birth parents are and has decided to adopt General Ling and Hou Jun Hua as his parents since his birth parents were killed or that he doesn't know/remember anything. Also, who was LBY birth mother? Was it the Emperor's sister? Or someone else?  

@Table122000  You can refer to our Discussions on this matter on Page 9:

1) I believe LBY knows that Ling Yi is the Murderer of his Father and his entire Family.  He witnessed it at Age 5+.  That is why he Hated him so much.

2) LBY has to "Pretend" to be Ling Yi's son.  To avoid being "Killed" by him. Killed to hide the Truth.  He is bidding his time. He is digging for Evidences.  He is bent on Revenge.

3) LBY's Birth Mum is not the Emperor's sister.  Nothing on her background. I believe she is a childhood friend of General Huo Chong's.  Nothing special.  So they didn't say much about it.

4) Huo Jian Hua (LBY's Aunt) is a Love-Rival of Consort Yue.  I.E. she loves Emperor Wen when young.  So she tried to get rid of Consort Yue in various ways.  As a result Emperor Wen ignored her totally and does not Trust her.  So she dared not tell Emperor Wen the Truth about the Massacre of Gu City.  He will never believe her.  She could only pretend to be Mad.  But became Really Mad in the end.

All these are from the Drama todate.  Not Spoilers. I don't read the Novel.  I prefer Surprises.

• Like 5

I'm just obsessed with this drama! I'm typically don't have enough patience to watch on going 16 episode K-drama, but somehow I just enjoy the thrill to watch this 56 episode drama real time. 

We've enjoy a lot of romance for the past few weeks, now we need to brace our self for the heartache to come

I just love how this drama able to balance out between romance, revenge, and humor. I always thought that our story will be around CSS but recent episodes made me think otherwise because the story of LBY is very intruiging.

I've watched wulei and lusi in previous drama together (the long ballad) and simply cannot believe how they chemistry exploded in this drama. I just hoped there will be happy ending in the end of the dark tunnel of revenge

@hush puppy Thanks for the summary. I stopped watching since last week. I am keep thinking the angst is coming up soon and I don't want to be left hanging.

I am so glad to read how Shang Shang is well loved by the Empress. To be loved by LBY is so different from being love and accepted by a motherly figure. 

LBY's single mindedness is amazing and frightening at the same time. What I admire about him is, he clearly considered the consequences of his actions and accepts the possible negative outcomes, and tries not to implicate others because of his decisions.   

• Like 1
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

@hush puppy Thanks for the summary. I stopped watching since last week. I am keep thinking the angst is coming up soon and I don't want to be left hanging.

I am so glad to read how Shang Shang is well loved by the Empress. To be loved by LBY is so different from being love and accepted by a motherly figure. 

LBY's single mindedness is amazing and frightening at the same time. What I admire about him is, he clearly considered the consequences of his actions and accepts the possible negative outcomes, and tries not to implicate others because of his decisions.   

@ChibiLy  Don't mention.  Since we all enjoy the same Drama, I'm happy to do my bit.  

No wonder this Thread is a bit Quiet.  Because you were not around. :lol:  This Drama attracted a lot of "Spoilers" ah.  Previews are ok.  But basically I prefer to go with the Flow of the Drama as it unfolds.  This way, I'll enjoy it more: the surprises, the angst and the joy, the thrill of knowing whether our guesses or hunches prove right or wrong.

I love the Script-Writer.  She has adapted the Novel Excellently.  There were no Draggings.  And as most of you have mentioned, there is a Good Balance of Angst, Joy, Romance and Humour.  

The evil ones were quickly discovered and dealt with.  Even the Family Drama did not drag on senselessly like a "Water Injection".  It is Sad, but I'm couldn't wait to see how everything comes to a close.

• Like 2

On 8/16/2022 at 10:05 AM, baiqian said:

Yah I think so many ppl are too in it for ‘instant gratification’ but not all stories are told quickly. I loved the slow burn and layers this story has.

I am up to ep 42 and ahhhhh

Spoiler

I need to read again why all of a sudden the Cheng family is accused of treason etc. 

Like it is a bit too abrupt and uncharacteristic is the Emperor —— all their past patriotic deeds and contributions - poof!!!

and while I was hoping Consort Yue wasn’t evil like her family - now I am not sure. I liked her before but if she is hiding some true intentions for her family - hmmmm I hope she is up to something good and not bad 

ah I literally cried when Mom slapped CSS. It head such a heart breaking scene. Because I get CSS wanting to be with her family but then Mom made an important point if they all get killed she will be the only one to survive etc. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Runita Putri said:

I'm just obsessed with this drama! I'm typically don't have enough patience to watch on going 16 episode K-drama, but somehow I just enjoy the thrill to watch this 56 episode drama real time. 

We've enjoy a lot of romance for the past few weeks, now we need to brace our self for the heartache to come

I just love how this drama able to balance out between romance, revenge, and humor. I always thought that our story will be around CSS but recent episodes made me think otherwise because the story of LBY is very intruiging.

@Runita Putri  Exactly. :lol:

• Like 2

On 8/17/2022 at 9:14 PM, Yinye said:

For some reason I don’t remember Lou Ben or General Li Feng that died? Where they introduced before? I may have forgotten….

@Yinye 

1) Lou Ben is Lou Yao's eldest brother. 

2) Lou Yao is Cheng Shao Shang's 1st Fiance.

Both are sons of the 2nd Chamber of the Lou Family.  Their Father died early.  So they are being suppressed by their Uncle and his wife from the 1st Chamber. 

Meaning the Uncle is the Older brother of their Father who has died.

3) Li Feng is a New Character.  He is Not a General.  Li Feng is the Deputy Governor of Tong Niu County i.e. Yan Zhong's assistant.  Yan Zhong is the Governor (or Magistrate) proper of Tong Niu.  Can be confusing at times. :lol: We have to really concentrate in order to fully understand all these complicated Human Inter-Relationships.

I just finished Eps 45 and 46.

Ep 45

1) Is all about Lou Ben.  I hope it has some contributions to the later development of the Story.  Otherwise it is really wasted.

2) The bright spot is Wan Qi Qi's visit to her Sweetheart (CSS's 2nd brother) in the Prisons. She came ready with a Red Wedding Dress to marry him.  If he dies, she is willing to be a Nun, a Widow for the rest of her life.  She is such a Lovely Lady.  (How I wish I have a Buddy like her).

@jadore1  You mentioned earlier about "marrying into the Bride's Family". It happens sometimes in Chinese Traditions.  Especially if the Bride's Family is more Illustrious than the Bridegroom's family.  The Grandma is so touched by Qi Qi's sincerity that now she gave her approval.

3) Another bright spot.  Grandma and CSS's mother, Xiao Yuan Yi reconciled because of Qi Qi.  For once, XYY agree with Grandma.  They agreed to bury their hachets.

It is True.  Adversity brings People together - Family, Friends....   United They Stand.

4) In a Nutshell: 

Lou Ben was proved Guilty.  And he commited Suicide.  Lou Ben is a Real Manipulator

a) LB colluded with Ma Rong, Peng Kun's Vice General (Remember? Peng Kun rebelled. And LBY was sent to subdue him). Together they both put on a Show. I.e. LB manage to persuade Ma Rong to surrender.

b) LB tricked Governor Yan Zhong (his old friend) to entrust the Refined Copper and his family to him.  Then had Ma Rong killed them off.

c) LB then put all the Blame on CSS's father, Cheng Shi.

(Kill 3 Birds With One Stone)

Then later instigate Peng Kun's foster son to kill Ma Rong (Peng Kun's Deputy General) in a restaurant

Then shout "Assasins".  and PK's foster son was killed by others in the restaurant. All collaborators "Silenced".  Brilliant.

Ma Rong killed Yan Zhong (Governor of Tong Niu County) & his family

Peng Kun's foster son killed Ma Rong (Peng Kun's Vice General)

Foster Son killed by others.

Li Feng (Deputy of Tong Niu County) who betrayed Yan Zhong was killed in the Prison Fire.

But Ling Bu Yi, with the help of CSS managed to find Lou Ben's correspondence with Yan Zhong. Which proves that he is the Master Mind. CSS managed to confirmed Lou Ben's handwriting using his Bronze Mirror. Case closed.  Lou Ben chose to commit Suicide.

From Lou Ben's Last Riddle, CSS managed to deduce that her Father was locked up in the Copper Mine.

But I suspect Lou Ben's Pregnant Widow, Wang Yan Ji will turn Black next. She was glaring at CSS and Ling Bu Yi.  I believe she will surely wreak Revenge on them both.

Like Gandhi said:  "AN EYE FOR AN EYE.  THE WORLD WILL LOSE IT'S EYES".

Ep 46:

1) Is preparing for the Ultimate Tragedy and Separation for our CP.

2) Huo Jian Hua is nearing the end of her lifeline.  So LBY (Huo Wu Shang) is getting Impatient to seek Revenge. Because 1) Huo Jian Hua is LBY's Last & Only Relative from the Huo side   2) She is also the Last Witness of the Massacre of Gu City.

3) HJH is a Premature Baby herself. So her health is poor. Her son Ling Bu Yi was also bornt Premature. So Gen Huo's wife gave her son's name "Ling Bu Yi" to  HJH's sickly son.  "Bu Yi" means "Will Not Doubt".  And with this name, his health actually improves. Ling Bu Yi and  Huo Wu Shang (Our Hero) are almost the same age.   Always dressed like Identical Twins.  Ling Yi never really cared for his son.  So that was how he could easily kill his Own Son by mistake.

4) In Ep 46, CSS starts to Discover that Ling Bu Yi is actually Huo Wu Shang - General Huo Chong's son.  From their visit to Huo Jian Hua, her conversations with Cui You and the Empress, she learns:

- Huo Wu Shang is Quiet & Studious

- Allergic to Almond

- She also recalled that at the Memorial for Gen Huo, she found the current Ling Bu Yi resembling the Late General Huo's appearance.

HJH gave LBY Almond Biscuits and he develops red rashes.  Proving that he is Huo Wu Shang.

The End Is Near:

a) Huo Wu Shang is frantically interrogating Peng Kun to get the Truth.

b) Meanwhile Cui You told CSS that a Princess Yu Chang (I am quite Confused here.  Which Princess Yu Chang?? Edited)  is marrying into Ling Yi's family.  Which means Ling Yi (the Murderer of General Huo)  is extending the Illustrious Power and Status of his Family Tree - his clans' children and grandchildren.   With a Princess marrying into his Clan, Ling Yi's Family Tree will eventually has  ROYAL BLOOD.  

So Huo Wu Shang (the Fake Ling Bu Yi) has to Act Fast before that happens.  If he did not kill Ling Yi now, it will be Impossible to do so later.   I am beginning to Understand Huo Wu Shang's Dilemma.

:crybaby:

Edited: 18 Aug 2022

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, hush puppy said:

@Table122000  You can refer to our Discussions on this matter on Page 9:

1) I believe LBY knows that Ling Yi is the Murderer of his Father and his entire Family.  He witnessed it at Age 5+.  That is why he Hated him so much.

2) LBY has to "Pretend" to be Ling Yi's son.  To avoid being "Killed" by him. Killed to hide the Truth.  He is bidding his time. He is digging for Evidences.  He is bent on Revenge.

3) LBY's Birth Mum is not the Emperor's sister.  Nothing on her background. I believe she is a childhood friend of General Huo Chong's.  Nothing special.  So they didn't say much about it.

4) Huo Jian Hua (LBY's Aunt) is a Love-Rival of Consort Yue.  I.E. she loves Emperor Wen when young.  So she tried to get rid of Consort Yue in various ways.  As a result Emperor Wen ignored her totally and does not Trust her.  So she dared not tell Emperor Wen the Truth about the Massacre of Gu City.  He will never believe her.  She could only pretend to be Mad.  But became Really Mad in the end.

All these are from the Drama todate.  Not Spoilers. I don't read the Novel.  I prefer Surprises.

Thanks so much for the clarification, @hush puppy! I was really wondering about how much LBY remembered about what happened and about his birth family. I will also look at the previous discussion on page 9.

• Love 1