[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Love like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂

pad-hari

Pretty heavily tinged in ep. 45-46. As birth secrets are revealed.. enemies are formed .. families torn apart.. and then there's Bu Yi's uncle who feels Shao Shang's inferior to Princess Yu Chang LoL! Heck he too has an issue with the chicken armor LMFAo!!

It was indeed tragic what happened to Lou Ben, his widow wife & their unborn children.. sigh. I understand A'Yao with his wife's sentiments.  In a way it's good that it'd help A'Yao move on from pining over Niao Niao as well.. 

How did Wang Ling end up bein' so devoted to Peng Kun LoL?! She practically begged her mother to spare her from the wedded union in earlier ep. She now has the man's child for goodness sakes! 

In upcoming previews, it appears Empress might be dying(?) Oh no. Why to such a dear sweet person!? And Yuan will be able to get his wish - to be married to Shao Shang..

I really do hope what Wang Ling said of Bu Yi's true nature to be a misconstrued thing. I mean sure he need to be cold and vicious but then again if he weren't his army would perish and how could he defend the country? From what's shown so far & the way he's with Niao Niao show him to be kind , patient. Please drama don't ruin the fantasy okay!?

• Like 2

I do not feel sorry for Luo Ben at all.  No doubt he has the talents.  But was being Suppressed by his uncle.  But this is not the way to get out of the predicaments.

1) Remember? Ling Bu Yi (Huo Wu Shang) went to bestow the Emperor's Decree on Cheng Shao Shang during her betrothal to Luo Yao? After that Luo Ben advised Luo Yao to stay away from LBY.  I felt suspicious.  Why did he do that?  LBY overheard that yet did not bear a grudge.

LBY recomended him to the Crown Prince. But the CP was weak. He listened to his Teacher, Luo Ben's uncle and did not act on it.

Luo Ben could have further cultivated his friendship with LBY.  But he didn't.  Instead, advised Luo Yao to stay away from LBY.

2) He himself admitted.  He is not someone who can work under others.  And he has no patience to take a slow and meandering route to achieve his ambitions.  The way CSS's father is doing - Starts from a humble and low position. Then works his way up.

3) The way he betrayed his good friend, Yan Zhong, Governor of Tong Niu County.  The way he had all his collaborators killed after "using" them.  

- He was so Cruel, Cold-Hearted and without Conscience.

- If he succeeded in joining Emperor Wen's Court, he will bring disaster to his Empire.

4) He caused the entire Cheng Family to be imprisoned.  If his hideous crime was not brought to light, he would have Cheng Shi killed.  And then the entire Cheng Clan will be executed.  Their name tarnished in History.

What right does his family, his wife, Luo Yao and wife have, to be angry with CSS?

Luo Ben has to be Responsible for his Decision and Chosen Path.  His Family has to accept that too.  And not blame others.  His Basic Qualities are Bad.

No difference from the Crown Princess, 3rd and 5th Princess...... and the rest of the evil characters

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 5

1 hour ago, Mee Yang-Vu said:

Found this, is it true? Will we be getting 11 episodes tomorrow?! That would be a dream! 

http://koalasplayground.com/2022/08/17/love-like-the-galaxy-surprises-viewers-with-finale-on-august-18th-dropping-the-last-11-episodes-in-a-row/

@Mee Yang-Vu  I heard that it is for Paying Viewers.  But we can get them on some streaming sites too, I guess. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mee Yang-Vu said:

Found this, is it true? Will we be getting 11 episodes tomorrow?! That would be a dream! 

http://koalasplayground.com/2022/08/17/love-like-the-galaxy-surprises-viewers-with-finale-on-august-18th-dropping-the-last-11-episodes-in-a-row/

WOW!!! I'm so excited. I want looking forward to waiting during the angsty parts.

I got my hubby hooked on this drama. I watched it the first time by myself and then watched it again with hubby. It was definitely worth the rewatch. 

I don't know if we can get the rest of the Episodes.  But I just finished watching Eps 47 and 48.

Ep 47:

The Crown Prince is Useless.  3rd Prince is Awesome.  But first things first.

Huo Wu Shang asked CSS what Wang Ling had told her.  CSS told him.  Basically it was how HWS had set up Marquis Yue.   And that CSS was his Cover.

(I wonder.  How come Peng Kun knew so much - to tell Wang Ling)

Huo Wu Shang was about to explain, when he was called away by the Stupid Crown Prince.  

I at once knew that it was Ling Yi's doing.  To waste Huo Wu Shang's time, while he had Peng Kun killed. HWS was busy interrogating Peng Kun.  Ling Yi was worried that HWS might squeezed the Truth out of Peng Kun.  

True enough Peng Kun died. 

Huo Wu Shang was so upset  that he went Drinking.  Another Witness for the Massacre of Gu City died.  How could he not be Upset. Again CSS came to talk to him and asked him if he had anything to say to her.  HWS was about to reveal his Real Identity, when he was interrupted again.  This time, his Aunt Huo Jian Hua is dying.  Again HWS was interrupted a Second Time.  It is not that he did not want to Explain to CSS.  But the timing was Never right.

Huo Jian Hua's Death Scene was intensed.  She whispered to HWS.  (For the first time, since I started watching this Drama, I cried)

HJH: "Don't forget our Revenge".

HWS: "I promise. I'll never forget it".

HJH: "Good".  Then she called her son  Ah Li three times.  Then died. (So Sad)

HWS was devastated. Why wouldn't he be.  Huo Jian Hua was his Last Remaining Relative from the Huo Clan.

Funeral For Huo Jian Hua:

With HJH's death, Huo Wu Shang again withdrew back into His Shell.  It is like the End of the World for him.  Nobody can understand his Grief.

CSS came to see him.  But she was wrong to say: "With Peng Kun's death, the Gu City Case has come to an End".  How could it ends so easily when your Father and the Entire Clan Members and Army was mercilessly killed?

So CSS asked for the "Bond With A Bite".  They both bit each other's Fore-Arm.  Then CSS again asked Huo Wu Shang if he had anything to tell her.  HWS recalled what CSS had said. About giving back 1,000 fold to anyone who dares to hurt her Family.  And then replied: "No".

It is not that he does not want to tell CSS.  But it is already too Late.  He has already promised his Aunt that he will complete the Revenge.

Ling Yi came with his wife Chun Yu to invite Huo Jian Hua to his 50th Birthday Celebrations. He didn't know that she has died.  Huo Wu Shang accepted his Invitation. 

Ep 47 ends.

I remember Someone said  that Huo Wu Shang (Ling Bu Yi) is a Dangerous Person.  After watching  47 episodes, I can safely say that he is Not Dangerous.  He is merely doing what he has to do.  Whether it was "setting-up" certain people.  Or using CSS as "Cover".  Most important is - he did not hurt anyone who should not be hurt.  And he remains a Principled Person.

He watched his father  brutally killed at age 5 years+.  That he did not suffer Psychologically - is already a Miracle.

Edited Areas

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oh, they are releasing all remaining episodes on Aug 18th if you pay the extra fee. Well, that explains why they post all the trailers up to the final ep 56 today.  I watched the trailers and I hope that the producers are hiding the good parts because the last few episodes look rather boring to me and not showing any romance at all, either. I have been enjoying the series so I hope it won't be an unsatisfying ending as so often happens for me with Chinese dramas. 

• Like 1

Ep 48:

Was "Palsating".

With Huo Jian Hua's death, Huo Wu Shang has to bring forward his Wedding with CSS.  Otherwise they have to wait for 3 years - the Mourning Period for one's parent.  Since everybody thought Huo Jian Hua is his Mother.  Emperor Wen issued a Decree for his Wedding.

According to Chinese beliefs, Bride and Bridegroom should not meet before the Wedding - Bad Luck.  But Huo Wu Shang came to see CSS.  Clearly, he is not going to marry her.

CSS was trying on her Wedding Dress and Headgear.  His father is so Cute. Crying because his daughter is marrying soon and will not live with them anymore.

Ling Yi's 50th Birthday

All his Clans Men were there.  They all came with their Swords too.  Ling Yi never trusted anyone.  Even though he thought Huo Wu Shang is his Son.  He had his Sword next to him.

Huo Wu Shang came with his 2 Assistants.  He brought Two Boxes of "Gifts".  He opened them.

First Box:  Full of Coins (Money).  Ling Yi was happy.

Second Box:  A Human Head.  That of the Gardener of the Ministry of Justice.  Whom Ling Yi had bribed to blow Petals into Peng Kun's cell.  Peng Kun was Allergic to Pollen because of Asthma. That was how he died.

Huo Wu Shang wasted no  time. He and his two Assistants had everyone slaughtered.  At last only Ling Yi was left. Huo Wu Shang had his Throat Sliced.  

As Huo Wu Shang sliced Ling Yi's throat, he said Aloud his name - HUO WU SHANG.  (Ah that was so Satisfying). (I cried too)

CSS knew what was going to happen.  She came riding a Horse. Her parents wanted to stop her. But she managed to persuade them to let her out.  Her Family and a few of their soldiers came with her.  Oh.  Her parents and family is so Good.

Guess what?  The Road to Ling Yi's house was Road-Blocked by Crown Prince's soldiers.  Her family fought with them in order for CSS to go through.

CSS reached Ling Yi's house.  But it was too late.  The Massacre was done.

:sad1:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

my reactions to Ep 47 and 48. OMG :cries:

If you are not emotional ready and don't have time, don't watch it. I couldn't even blink, they did a great job with these 2 episodes! Not sure what to expect with the rest of the episodes.. So happy they decided to release the ending today. I would go crazy waiting till next Tuesday!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, littlemay said:

my reactions to Ep 47 and 48. OMG :cries:

If you are not emotional ready and don't have time, don't watch it. I couldn't even blink, they did a great job with these 2 episodes! Not sure what to expect with the rest of the episodes.. So happy they decided to release the ending today. I would go crazy waiting till next Tuesday!

@littlemay  As I have mentioned, for the first time since watching "Love Like The Galaxy", I "CRIED" in Ep 47 and 48.  I agree with you.  These 2 Episodes were very well-executed.  Leo Wu did a Great Job!  I am so "Moved" by his Performance.

Our Little "Fel Liu" from "Nirvana In Fire" has really grown up.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, hush puppy said:

The rest of the Episodes are really out already.  I am busy watching.  Will post my comments tomorrow. :blush:

OMG, It has been awhile since i came across a drama where the sadness is done so well that you feel so much for the main characters.  I hope they (Leo & Rosy) win awards for their acting. So deserve it! I only like Leo in Nirvana in fire, this will be the 2nd drama where it's all "Leo".

• Like 2

Think this is probably where Bu Yi starts to spiral out of control.. his descent into madness, revenge, guilt, grief, loss etc.

Shao Shang's papa is such a softie & crybaby LoL. While mama was more stoic than usual. Love how the family came together to support Shao Shang at end of ep. 48.

Bravo to Leo he was incredible. He displays so much charisma, maturity and such a remarkable dramatic actor despite his very young age. He has a v.bright future ahead.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tamakins said:

I really want to watch this weeks episodes, but I also want to just wait until it's all done this way I can just binge it.

I can't seem to find it to watch them since they released the last 11 eps.

Hi Tamakins,

You can watch it by pushchair the Express package on Tencent or WeTV app.

Hello, I am watching this drama on viki and there is something I was thinking about and what like to know what others who are watching think.  

I am wondering if Yuan Shen saved the pregnant Wang Yangi (Lou Ben's wife).  He was watching very intently when she threw herself over her husband's body.  I know his great love is Naio Naio but I think he felt great compassion for this young woman who was a pure and faithful wife.  So I am putting this out there. Will we find Wang Yangi con bambino  safe and well in a little dwelling somewhere?

Sorry. Sorry. Everybody.  I binge-watched yesterday. And was busy Today. :lol:  Have you all watched it?

On 8/19/2022 at 2:46 AM, elsanna said:

Where are you watching ?

@elsanna  Whenever I want to watch "fast", I'll go to this site.  But it is in Mandarin. No english translations:

On 8/19/2022 at 12:35 PM, maddymappo said:

Hello, I am watching this drama on viki and there is something I was thinking about and what like to know what others who are watching think.  

I am wondering if Yuan Shen saved the pregnant Wang Yangi (Lou Ben's wife).  He was watching very intently when she threw herself over her husband's body.  I know his great love is Naio Naio but I think he felt great compassion for this young woman who was a pure and faithful wife.  So I am putting this out there. Will we find Wang Yangi con bambino  safe and well in a little dwelling somewhere?

@maddymappo  Like you, I was wondering if Lou Ben's wife, Wang Yan Ji is still alive.  And if she will wreak Revenge on CSS and Ling Bu Yi (Huo Wu Shang).  She was Glaring at them both towards the end.  As for Yuan Shan Jian, I don't know if he will help her. I am not so interested in her.

Ep 49:

1) CSS came.  But Huo Wu Shang had already completed the Massacre of Ling Yi.

2) Official Guo from the Censorship Ministry came with the imperial soldiers to take 

HWS back to the palace.  But Guo has a Personal Vendetta.  He wants HWS dead.

3) The moment HWS came out, Guo ordered his soldiers to shoot their Arrows. 

1st Arrow hit HWS right below his right shoulder - in front

2nd Arrow his his left lower leg.

4) CSS came riding a horse and together with HWS, they rode off.  Guo and his soldiers chasing from behind.

5) They reach a Cliff (as is always the case with C-Drama. I wish they can be more imaginative). HWS push CSS away and leapt down the Cliff.  He wanted to die.  So as not to implicate CSS and her Family.

CSS: loves him and wants to go through everything with him.

HWS: loves her.  So he does not want to implicate CSS and her family.

They Both Have Their Kind Intentions.   Neither Is Right Or Wrong.

The next day, 3rd Prince came to fetch CSS to testify for Huo Wu Shang at the Palace Court.  18 high-ranking officials wanted HWS Dead.

The Court-Debate went on.  And then CSS told the Emperor that this Ling Bu Yi is actually General Huo Chong's son - Huo Wu Shang.

That Evil Official Zuo asked for Evidence.

CSS said she now realised why the Fake Ling Bu Yi does not want to reveal His True Identity.  Nobody will believe him. Ling Yi is dead. Even if Ling Yi alive, to save his Own Skin, he will insist that Huo Wu Shang is Ling Bu Yi.

The Emperor brought up the subject of Huo Wu Shang's Unique Birthmark - a small Tiger's Head with 3 Ears.  CSS confirmed this.  It is at the Back Waist of Huo Wu Shang.

Emperor ordered a Rescue Team to look for Huo Wu Shang. 3rd Prince to be in charge.

CSS warned 3rd Prince to be wary of Official Zuo.  Zuo only want Huo Wu Shang Dead.

Ep 50:

1) 3rd Prince's Team lifted Huo Wu Shang up on a raft. 

2) Official Zuo tried to cut off the Rope tied to the Raft.  3rd Prince caught him and sent him to Prisons to be interrogated.

3) Even though unconscious, Huo Wu Shang held on tightly to CSS's "Qin" Thread.  The one she used to pull out HWS's Arrow.  HWS had it on his wrist as a Wrist Band.  So the doctors could not help him.

4) Suddenly CSS played her Flute.  It helped Huo Wu Shang to relax and he let go of of his Wrist Band.

5) CSS fell ill and was taken care of by the Queen.  Because of HWS's actions, the Queen and the Crown Prince were implicated.

6) CSS and Yuan Shan Jian visited Ling Yi's 2nd Wife, Chun Yu at the Prisons. From her, they realised that she had hidden something in the Statue of a Nuwa Goddess, which she had gifted to Lady Ruyang at Sancai Temple. 

7) Ling Yi married Chun Yu because Chun Yu had evidence of Ling Yi's collaboration with the Enemy. In other words, Chun Yu forced Ling Yi to marry her. Ling Yi had Chun Yu miscarriage and then blame it on Huo Jian Huo (1st Wife). Ling Yi had secretly rendered Chun Yu Sterile.

8) Huo Wu Shang attended Court Hearing. He related his experience that day in Gu City. He and his Aunt wandered around and took 2 years to reach the Capital. In between they had been Beggars, Eaten Waste Food, Nearly died  - along the journey.

Back at the palace when asked by the Emperor for his name, he dared not say "Huo Wu Shang" because his Aunt was Half-Mad and he was Young and Frightened. If he said he is "Huo Wu Shang", others might think that his Aunt is jealous of Ling Yi's 2nd Wife and had taught him to Lie.   So he said: "Ling Bu Yi".

It is so Poignant when the Emperor asked for his Name again. This Time He Said: "HUO WU SHANG".

9) Official Guo still clamoured for his Death.  Suddenly Yuan Shan Jian came in with the Evidence from the Statue of Nuwa Goddess.  Ling Yi's correspondence with the Enemy, Peng Kun.

In other words, Peng Kun had Rebelled Twice.  First for Gu City.  Second for Shouchun.

I still blame the Emperor for not investigating thoroughly each time. He just take other people's words for granted.

First for Gu City.  Second for Shuochun.

For Gu City, he rewarded Ling Yi.

For Shouchun, he rewarded Lou Ben.

Somebody said: "What is the Point of investigating? The Witness still die."

I find such argument so Fatalistic.  If each time the Witness die, at least it proves we are right.  There is Foul-Play.  And the next time, we should strengthen our Net and Method to make sure the Witness does not die. But never give up.

Edited by SC2019
please do not list non-official viewing sites.TQ!
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2