[Drama 2021] Red Shoes, 빨강 구두

Lmangla

So after watching the latest episode and preview for the next, I was reminded of the last drama Miss MonteCristo, or more specifically the thread for it.  There were numerous complaints on the slow pacing, lack of reveals/revenge, and the non-confrontations. - Be careful what you wish for - Other than the core secret, our current drama can't seem to hold a secret or delay a face off for more than 2 episodes. It seems we will never have any HUGE reveals or confrontations, just alot of skirmishes and dust ups. :rolleyes:

So todays episode ...

- Was anybody else amazed that HK was able to figure out what bar they were in simply from a close up photo of her sleeping husband?

- Speaking of the bar, where was the bartender when Gemma was getting ready to fork the Chairman, or about to throw down with HK?  Must be a quiet place:rolleyes:

- You can already smell the potential break up with Ki-Seok when/if Gemma's game with the Chairman goes too far - added bonus if its HK that actually flips that script on her, and leaks to KS that Gemma is having an affair.

- Hye-Bin again wants to play sister again, hopefully after she tries to drown Gemma in the next episode, this will-she/won't-she will come to an end.  After Gemma saved her life I was willing to believe Hye-Bin could change, but clearly she's as bad as she always was ... no big sister for you!

- Speaking of Hye-Bin, it looks like playboy will know within the same episode that Hye-Bin is trying to frame Gemma ... again.  Forget free-spirited, how could he even think of marrying someone like that now?

- Auntie & Uncle "flirting" continues ... did you catch the name of Auntie's business?  Amor Fati  ... subtle dig on SBS drama perhaps?

I'm still clinging to the idea that HK, at least subconsciously, is trying to save Gemma by forcing her out of the life that HK chose - Gemma has genuine friends, and a man that seems to truly love her. She also recognizes that Gemma has her talent, and that she hasn't yet been forced to compromise. While they may never be close, HK can still act as her mother by ensuring that Gemma does not follow down her path.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

7 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Hye-Bin again wants to play sister again, hopefully after she tries to drown Gemma in the next episode, this will-she/won't-she will come to an end.  After Gemma saved her life I was willing to believe Hye-Bin could change, but clearly she's as bad as she always was ... no big sister for you

No she won't. While she said all the nice things to Gemma near the glass wall, the audio said she will never accept her as a sister. 
So it's all pretend, but Gemma B) I am bored with her cat and mouse game. I think she's going to run me down before HK. 

That cctv usb @LeftCoastOppa will most likely be the next cliffhanger. I agree, is he still going to marry her? 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

How does Hyebin not ever learn or know that there are security cameras at her Dad's company or his home? Will that be enough proof for HS to withdraw from the marriage proposal? If he told told grandma about it, will that convince grandma that marriage of HS to HB is a bad idea as well? First the attempted framing of Gemma of the loss for the company and now the attempt of HB to drown Gemma and then accuse Gemma of trying to drown her. I wonder if HS will use that to back out of the marriage proposal as well as leave the company? Telling Gemma about his plan to start his own studio with Gemma in front of HB and KS was not the right time and the right place and taking that picture with Gemma was not a good idea either. What is he trying to do? Is he playing games?

• Like 6

Did anyone else notice that KS was picking up a vibe from his little brother toward Gemma at the outdoor picnic. While HS was doting to Gemma about opening a studio together, KS looked at HB and could see the jealousy on her face. KS had the look of, "Yeah this is going to be a problem."

I don't think KS was jealous because he knows Gemma means nothing by it and was just playing along with HS. However, he could tell HB was not happy HS was paying attention to Gemma and not her.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

Did anyone else notice that KS was picking up a vibe from his little brother toward Gemma at the outdoor picnic. While HS was doting to Gemma about opening a studio together, KS looked at HB and could see the jealousy on her face. KS had the look of, "Yeah this is going to be a problem."

I don't think KS was jealous because he knows Gemma means nothing by it and was just playing along with HS. However, he could tell HB was not happy HS was paying attention to Gemma and not her.

Yeah @rolisrntex  I noticed that as well.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

Maybe not jealous, but slighted that he was left out of an important decision in her life.

So she's still clinging on to the miniature shoe?

• Like 4

Just a couple things about todays episode ...

- It all blew up in Hye-Bin's face,and she did it to herself. That being said, after being burned - twice - one could speculate she's about to get a whole lot more devious. I'm starting to get the feeling that Hye-Bin might be gaining on HK for lead villainess status.

- I could be way wrong on this next part, but when Hye-Bin admitted that in addition to lying about the attack, that she also lied about the kiss, HK's stark response seemed like the first rays of full-blown enlightenment ... Gemma was telling the truth the whole time ... could this be a tiny crack in the glacier in their relationship? 

- After getting Hye-Bin to confess to the attempted murder (nice thumb drive fake - btw), if HS still goes along with the marriage, he deserves everything that comes after - Oh and that little vacation spat was pretty much all his fault, intentional or not.  

- You go Uncle Tae-Gil!   #Tae-Gil+Soo-Yeon 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2

41 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

does anyone else think "gemma, please just go get therapy.  you have no revenge plan. you are just talk and lashing out. save your energy for the therapist."

YES.  That's why I can't get into this drama.  They don't need intrigues/plot twists/revenge. They need THERAPY. Gemma, HB, HK and her husband. Somebody call Dr. Phil.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

48 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

does anyone else think "gemma, please just go get therapy.  you have no revenge plan. you are just talk and lashing out. save your energy for the therapist."

A few posters wrote about her psychology of an abandoned child. So she is just acting up to get HK's attention? Maybe all that crying after each run in with HK may be her real aim, just to get acceptance by the mother. 

But I think, regardless of the inner feelings, she has startedbthe ball rolling in HK's direction, then do it well. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

1.  The story is getting nowhere. 

2.  Gemma is longing for her mother's love but just hate to admit it hence acting strong but in reality she's weak and full of       self pity.

3.  In the hospital why did KS just left Gemma with her mother knowing that the 2 are the worst of enemies.

4.  Why can't KS tell his brother to be sensitive with HB's feelings esp when he is with Gemma.

5.  Why does Gemma's face always feel like crying in front of her mother whenever they talk and out do each other. 

6.  HB actually has all the right to feel that way since she only has her mother to support and protect her.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

I think that they should have developed the plot a little bit more into the childhood at least into the 25th episode. Cuz I have no clue what the writer wants to do? I don't see how this can last 120 episodes.

• Like 2
  • Blob 4

1 minute ago, TheQueenReturns said:

I think that they should have developed the plot a little bit more into the childhood at least into the 25th episode. Cuz I have no clue what the writer wants to do? I don't see how this can last 120 episodes.

yea I have no idea either; there is no real revenge and other than everyone barking at each other, nothing much has happened. so not sure what they will fill to last 120 eps -- that seems to be the biggest mystery of this drama! :D 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 3

This writer wrote Red Ruby or Ruby Red which was based on two sisters whose faces were swapped during an operation after a car accident. But it mindboggles to see the whole bodies were swapped - actresses swapped roles. I had problems getting over that.

This show is also creative, we will be guessing for many more episodes what Gemma is doing. The others are all on track. HK and HB hate her and want her dead. HS is hiding his feelings for her underneath a jocular and casual manner with her, KS has professed his love and wants to protect her... etc etc. She is the only one who cannot decide.

I have decided I want revenge.

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

Gemma to therapist: I have been wanting to revenge on my abandoning mother by confronting her, lashing out and crying sadly when she denies our relationship

Therapist to herself: aha...revenge ehhh?? This poor soul is going to need a long term therapy... I wonder if she has a good insurance 

Therapist to Gemma: what kind of health insurance do you have, does your employer pay for it? It will cost $150.00 per hour. The alternative is leave your mother alone, go live your life and do what you do best, shoe designing

Gemma to herself: starts to cry.... 

Therapist: what was your insurance again?? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

I’m gonna go against the grain and say that I actually enjoy this drama lol. Is it random and super disorganized and chaotic? You bet, but it’s also satisfying and fresh. It’s unlike your usual daily drama so that’s good in my book. Uniqueness is good at times. I’m also glad while this drama is no exception to making the main character fall for traps and the villains try to frame them but at least it gets figured out in like an episode or two so there’s good progression in that regard. 

That being said, looks like KS is proposing to Gemma already also with a ring ready?? And I don’t know if it is HS trying to actively block out the thought of his fiancé trying to murder Gemma or if he is somehow ok with it seeing how he didn’t cancel the wedding immediately but how can you marry a murderer lol. Also, someone said it nicely how HB has more interactions with Gemma’s younger brother more so than her fiancé lol. It would also be super funny seeing how Gemma’s uncle and the chairman’s sister will get together haha.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, perfectmouse said:

I’m gonna go against the grain and say that I actually enjoy this drama lol. Is it random and super disorganized and chaotic? You bet, but it’s also satisfying and fresh.

I'm with ya it is a little different than your typical daily drama. Gemma is growing on me well the actress is anyway. I love her sly impish smile she gives to her mother when she twists the knife. I have seen her play the antagonist in another drama and she was good in it too.

I really think MHK and HB should start charging  Gemma rent for living in their heads.

• LOL 7