[Drama 2021] Red Shoes, 빨강 구두

Lmangla

This Gemma has no clear plans for her revenge. Only self pitying and cries when comparing herself to HB.

All she does is to sneer and mock at her biological mother. She seems to hope that her mother will give her recognition.

Come on girl, wake up. Your bio mum hates you and even said she can kill you.

Maybe is the writer. I feel that Gemma is really dumb. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Gemma does not know coffee auntie has opened her big mouth again? 
While I'm at that question, can't the writer make them a bit real. She is a caricature... one who is supposed to generate laughter, to let the cat out, advertise products ( product placement). After 20 years, oww let her change a bit.

Mother fox has daughter fox in her corner and her first filial act was to set up Gemma who is still crying over the HK-HB photo. Now what kind of revenge is she thinking? I find EJ's hissings more acceptable now than Gemma's threats of revenge. Aren't you suppose to catch your target unawares? I don't think she or the writer is serious at all.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, maribella said:

Now what kind of revenge is she thinking? I find EJ's hissings more acceptable now than Gemma's threats of revenge. Aren't you suppose to catch your target unawares? I don't think she or the writer is serious at all.

the problem is that this drama is slotted as a revenge drama when it really isn't. it is actually more of a melo/family gone wrong/toxic type genre. if we look at it that way, then the plot and the pace makes completely sense. gemma is not required to do any revenge other than constantly battle because she can't let go of how her brother died. hee kyung is petrified that she will be outed as a terrible mom and lose her reputation in the business world and her political ambitions will be thwarted. eventually hee kyung will fall from her tower and that will impact everyone connected. that is the basic plot. this isn't really revenge of any kind. just a broken family.  

for once I liked coffee aunt who just bluntly told hye bin the truth. maybe just me but I thought there was more spark between hye bin and the snarky gun wook than hye bin ever had with hyun seok who looks like he is sleep walking through every moment with her. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

46 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

melo/family gone wrong/toxic type genre. if we look at it that way, then the plot and the pace makes completely sense. gemma is not required to do any revenge other than constantly battle because she

Gemma grew up very early taking care of her brother and taking many jobs to put him through school. The coffee mum seems to give them a roof over their heads and not much else. One would think that she is now smarter than her years at least for her survival if not to take revenge. Just looking at her goading HK to the point of trying to kill her, then  continue working as if nothing happened? More needling and messing with HK, but not take safety precautions. Working as a lone ranger against a woman with many resources and surely more experienced in  dubious dealings. Whether she has a final revenge planned or just winging it, she should know by now that the woman will not acknowledge her as a daughter from a position of strength. The way her character is developed just does not sync with what she has been doing.

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

for once I liked coffee aunt who just bluntly told hye bin the truth. ma

Even in the strange world of kdrama, I don't agree that a person who is an observer at best has the right to reveal the truth that belongs to Gemma, it is for her to reveal or hide it, not an irrelevant person. Now for some weird reason, the two coffee women are going to keep mum that HB has the info, giving her an advantage over Gemma? :smirk:

• Like 3

I still dont know where the story going every time i see her cry after she try to get at her mom im like how many time do you need to know your bio mom hate u she do not want you and what her motive for revenge? cause of her dad and brother thats a strech for revenge , when she has no one to help her and she go after her bio mom and loose then cry and what with the outfit Gemma  wearing it make her look so old and frumpy she can   pass of  as her bio mom young sister.i know she can look hot cause she look good on the red shoe poster,so i hope the writer drees up moreWhats Up Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Like 5

This is one weird show. It has all the elements that could make for a tight drama with some great twist but it is so poorly written. I've watched a few daily dramas to know that you need to keep your expectations low to survive without plucking out your hairs one by one but still it had a good start and I had hoped they'd actually try but No. All the right things are happening but leading to very haphazard outcomes. I am still watching. Hye Bin finding out and Gemma too knowing that fact and keeping their mother out of loop could lead to interesting stories but we'll have to wait to see. All the indications are pointing to the fact that the step son and actual heir will make a return. I am waiting patiently for that. Ki Seok isn't doing nearly enough for me. 

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

That was quick. I thought we would get HB doing much more awful stuff to Gemma before admitting to it. Just after a few days, she's the usual kdrama drunk spilling her guts out. :smile: The preview shows HS in her bedroom and her mum making him stay, Loan shark grandma asks for a great grandson... what do you think chingus? Is the writer being obvious? 
I think HS deserves a nicer person and nicer in laws. He does not need her money.

The falling light... the falling light :sweat_smile: it looks like the truck of doom is in the workshop.

• Like 5

Well that episode was certainly worth the price of admission :lol:

- The wedding date is set - November 5th ... Guy Fawkes ... anyone? (they're doomed) :rolleyes:

- Whats This!!!??? HK may have had a hand in the offing of Sleezy's first wife? ...NICE!

- Speaking of Sleezy, what did Gemma give him to stop her suspension? Sorry, she didn't just talk him into it.

- Looks like the Gemma/Hye-Bin whipsaw will continue ... befriend/betray ... and Gemma is gonna save her from the falling light of doom, and probably take the hit herself :rolleyes:

- And finally ... Grandma tells HS to get busy with Hye-Bin before the wedding ... :scream:

Favorite Character (Per Series) - Trek General - The Omega Sector BBS

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

Posting the preview here since it didn't air with the episode.

Episode 35 Preview

Episode 35 Text Preview (English Translation)

Hee Kyung is angry that Gemma is alone in a bar with Hyuk Sang. Gemma talks on the phone with Hee Kyung, who was nervous late-at-night with anxiety. Hee Kyung goes to the bar and has an argument with Gemma in front of Hyuk Sang, who is drunk and asleep...

source

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

@LeftCoastOppa I missed the part that she'd done the wife in? I thought HK was nervous because the company was built with her money.

Gemma said that she would do anything to prove that HB did it, but thank goodness he was drunk and at the bar too. It would be too gross if she slept with this old man. Although HK tried to softsoap him and said he was in his prime. :joy: One woman's prime ...

Gemma was quick. From the preview I thought she was going to push HB and stood in her stead to get hit, just like  TOD scenes, but no, she actually pushed a mattress to break the crash. Smart woman. I think I know why she looks old. Her clothes, her hair, her makeup all say auld.

HB is not getting pregnant this time, HS did not stay. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

All the indications are pointing to the fact that the step son and actual heir will make a return. I am waiting patiently for that. Ki Seok isn't doing nearly enough for me. 

I would love for that to happen too. Real competition for abandoner mother

• Like 2

4 hours ago, maribella said:

@LeftCoastOppa I missed the part that she'd done the wife in? I thought HK was nervous because the company was built with her money.

Thats the inference I drew from the scene - HK was pleading with Sleezy to fire Gemma, and he points out that HB was involved too - should he suspend her? should he fire her too? Thats when he suggests bring back the 1st son, Ju-Hyung and putting him in charge. He then says that HK can't be guilt free regarding his mother, and that he knows why she freaks out every time he brings the 1st son up.  He leaves the room and she staggers asking ..."how much do you know"?   

As its already been well established that Sleezy knows HK wants to put HB on the throne, she wouldn't be staggered by him talking about that. It isn't simply about Ju-Hyung returning as HK repeats his name in annoyance 3 times out loud, its when Sleezy mentions Ju-Hyungs mother that HK suddenly snaps around to look directly at him in alarm. 

... thats my take on it anyway.

4 hours ago, maribella said:

Gemma said that she would do anything to prove that HB did it, but thank goodness he was drunk and at the bar too. It would be too gross if she slept with this old man. Although HK tried to softsoap him and said he was in his prime. :joy: One woman's prime ...

Whoa, I wasn't inferring she slept with him.  The way he all but scoffed at her when she first asked him to keep her on, then to find out he actually did, I assumed Gemma might have leveraged some of the Assemblyman/HK pics she had.  And perhaps an agreement that Gemma would continue to provide dirt on HK. 

5 hours ago, maribella said:

Gemma was quick. From the preview I thought she was going to push HB and stood in her stead to get hit, just like  TOD scenes, but no, she actually pushed a mattress to break the crash. Smart woman.

Hye-Bin placed the 50,000 order but Gemma got the promotion ... beware, beware, the boomerang of karma :lol:

Auntie Soo-Yeon & Uncle Tae-Gil ... I'm really enjoying the idea of these two together, but you can already see the heartache when he finds out that Sleezy is her brother, and she finds out that he extorted $$$ from Sleezy  - I hope they can make it work :wub:

So does Ki-Seok really have any other role at this point than being Gemma's emotional pillow?

Hye-Bin's drunken rant and her follow up apology seemed almost genuine ... but I've been fooled before

Dont Believe It GIF by Better Call Saul

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Auntie Soo-Yeon & Uncle Tae-Gil ... I'm really enjoying the idea of these two together, but you can already see the heartache when he finds out that Sleezy is her brother, and she finds out that he extorted $$$ from Sleezy  - I hope they can make it work :wub:

So does Ki-Seok really have any other role at this point than being Gemma's emotional pillow?

Hye-Bin's drunken rant and her follow up apology seemed almost genuine ... but I've been fooled bef

:surprisedwut:

he reminds of Jabba the Hutt rat like the woman Miss M. Darting here and there, and cheating on family is a mortal sin. Lucky for him, the sister is a pushover. The son who sponges on her for years, the friend/rival who moves in uninvited and stays, the brother. She is the unmarried aunt that completes the kdrama family. Pity to give her the guy. 

edit: @LeftCoastOppa I was not referring to you. It was just the bar scene of a young woman drinking with an old man, somehow seems icky and portends ickier scenes.

• Like 3

So, after watching till episode 34 my thoughts regarding the show are as follows. It is kind of interesting simply based on the fact that at only this point the only people that are still in the dark about Gemma’s actual identity are Sloppy and the Aunt. Well okay grandmother and playboy are also included in this list but from those that can actually oppose her in the long run only Sloppy counts at this point. One of the few issues that I still have in this show as to be the fact that this writer simply can’t seem to keep all their facts straight. Nothing new for this writer mind you but it is still an issue at times. I guess this is to help us keep guessing as to how the show might turn out. But I call it out as sloppy.

What do I mean by this read on.

Spoiler

The issue has to be in regards to whether or not Sloppy is aware of the fact that Designer Mom is aware of the fact that the hit and run victim of that night was her husband. Now why is this confusing because of the remarks these characters have made in the past. In the recent episode or so. The husband informs her that the hit and run incident is being looked into once again. When she asks him if he is aware of the identity of the victim, he tells her furiously that he doesn’t need to especially since the statue of limitation has passed. She then thinks to herself that just how long does he plan on deceiving her of the fact that the victim was her husband.

Totally clear over here correct. But then we need to go back a bunch of episodes back where we had a drunk Designer Mum confront Sloppy. During her rant back then she was like reminding him of the past of how he betrayed and dumped her in the past to the point that he even killed her husband. As you can see two totally contradicting statements have been made so what is the actual truth. Did Sloppy think that he could get away with deceiving her by telling her that he took care of her husband by killing her so she could marry him. Not so sure how I would have taken that but then again, I am not over there fortunately.

Now moving on to other matters which are equally baffling and whatnot. Sagaji is just a plain old weird girl at this point. She invites Gemma over for work and then steals her purse from her bag and uses that as an excuse to go visit her and thus discovered her birth secret. Ah why would you do that. Are you so desperate to have another female friend that you have to resort to such tricks? Wait isn’t that an attempt at stalking as well. People better beware of her. Then again, we shouldn’t be all that surprised since she is chasing a guy certainly not interested in her. Don’t know where this girl’s pride is as well.

Once she discovers that Gemma is her sister, she tries to get rid of her by framing her simply because she isn’t interested in sharing her mother with her. This could have been a great chance for the two of them to eventually bond with each other. Sure, Gemma had a problem with her but it wasn’t so high up on the list compared to what their mother did so there was a good chance that later on they might have actually bonded. I do wonder if the bond may still end up after Gemma saved her life on that show. Was that a bit of sisterly love or just quick responses from her side.

Speaking of that event Designer Mom was unable to appear due to her suddenly feeling unwell at the last moment. So, two questions regarding that. If she had actually shown up what would have been Gemma’s reaction for the same incident and would that have changed anything. The other question that I have is that since she suddenly felt unwell can that be an indicator of something big. In dramas it usually is a sign of a character suddenly having cancer or something along those lines. Will this make Designer Mom more desperate to keep a hold on what she thinks rightfully belongs to her?

As for the possible Aunt and Sleazy pairing. Not so surprised. Infact I will be more surprised if we don’t get a scene between the two accidentally getting drunk for some reason and spending the night together. We all know what is going to happen next so I don’t have to go into further details about future events and all.

I do wonder just how much Sleazy has actually changed since back in the day. Back then he was an opportunist and wasn’t all that grateful that he got a job working for Gemma’s family and all and even used her father’s death to his own advantage. Well to be fair he did it for his family’s sake but that still isn’t a good excuse. But as of the moment he actually seems to be enjoying his job so I guess we can hope for the best in regards to this development and all. Just don’t get him biting that rude customer and all. Am actually surprised that he still gets to keep his job at this point. Guess that makes the Professor a big softy. Gemma you are missing out on a gem of a person if you continue down this path of revenge and it will only be your own loss.

As for Playboy am not so sure where I stand on his relationship with Sagaji or to be more precise in regards to his marriage with her. Someone brought up the fact why he simply doesn’t tell her no not interested and continues to string her along. To be fair I don’t think that is completely his fault in regards to this. Sure, he may not have physically said No but his actions are certainly giving another message. Like I pointed out Sagaji is totally aware of the fact that he has been seeing other girls to the point that she has caught him kissing a random girl and whatnot. Yet even after all that she is desperate enough to chase after him and even sleep with him and all. Again, where is this girl’s pride. She should try and find a person that actually cares and cherishes her instead of a player. Then on top of all this the guy is literally being forced to marry her. Grandmother thinks that the best way to make him responsible is to take responsibility for his actions thus marry Sagaji whether or not he has feelings for her or not. She is the one pushing forward in regards to this as well as Sagaji being totally delusional. He again tried to get out of it by trying to delay his marriage to happen in the next two years or so. His plan was probably to make Sagaji wait for that time and hopefully find her own Mr. Right once she realizes that he simply isn’t into her but again people around him rushed the issue and he has to walk down the aisle far more sooner than he would like.

Who is finding it equally amusing that Sloppy is trying to make Gemma shine not realizing that she is actually Designer Mum’s daughter? According to his own words Designer Mom is the setting sun while she (Gemma) is the new rising sun. He is also trying to find ways make sure that Gemma shines just so that he can topple his wife from her position. History sure has an amusing sense of irony. Then again, I much don’t care about him since he is slowly turning into a despicable person more than he actually was. Designer Mum certainly doesn’t have much luck with the men that she ends up with. Perhaps that is Karma reaching out to her. So, this guy is turning out to be a wife beater as well. Swell. Not only that his response towards her was equally bad. He thinks that he is some high and mighty person and on top of that Designer Mum should be eternally grateful towards him since he rescued her and made her such a big person and all. Ah no you weren’t. I may have initially felt sorry for him since he was sort of tricked into marrying his first wife by his mother and all but then again not really. I mean just how was he pressured and tricked into doing so. For instance, did the mother summon him on the actual wedding date and then he had no other choice but to accept the marriage since he had to keep his mother/families’ face/reputation. Because otherwise he could have always refused to marry his first wife. This only tells me that he was equally ambitious back then and not so much as a victim as he claims to be.

Sorry need to rush now so will be ending my post over here for the time being. Will continue when I get free time and discuss a few more points that I can’t do at the moment. Till then take care all of you.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2