[Drama 2021] Dal Ri and Gamjatang, 달리와 감자탕

ferily

Watched ep12...

Seriously the gallery is not earning any money? Sometimes they just get $80 in a day?... if so, why bother running such gallery... the cost of electricity, water.and manpower wouldnt even cover the running of the place... sigh...

Isnt it obvious that TaeJin in the one running the show?... it did feel good when he screamed at Moo Hak's step mom for hitting Dali... urgh... 

And Mo Hak, what was he planning to do when he confronted his step-mum... was he gonna slap her? I was surprised to see his father slapped him and had the cheek to feel ashame when Mo Hak brought the past...

With that speech, was Mo Hak expected to leave DonDon after that?

So much sexual tension built up the last 4 episodes and its over, by ep 12 and 13 from the look of it. 

Cant say Dali (suddenly subbers are naming her Darli, like my childhood toothpaste! :phew:) is not right not to leave  Mo Hak... the stakes are just to high and they cant use normal investigation to reveal the truth... and Segi is huge and powerful Mo Hak should know that rather than challange them..sigh......  they just need that Ms Go to talk and maybe they can get something.. also Mo Hak's step brother... that damn secret that he is hiding on who killed Dali's father...

We are at ep12... and Dali still havent call Mo Hak by his name.. still very formal... if Dali is going to Tae Jin, i wish Mo Hak and Dali slept together the night  before that!:lol::wub: Ha! Im so perverted.. but yeah

At least ep12 rating increased.. though just 5.6% was it... generally dramas doesnt seemed to do well on weds and thursday slots..... hmm

Hello, this is my first post. Usually I just read the comments (silent reading) and never have any urge to sign up because English is not my forte :D

I am not a newbie to K-Drama , i don't know why but I feel Dali & Muhak really make me head over heels. I watch it first with streaming with no subs, then with subs, after that I will replay all those cute moments . I don't know what happen with me :tounge_wink:

Anyway @realistic2280a , i also secretly hoping before Dali go to Taejin, atleast she spend the night with Muhak first :heart:

You know, after Won Tak go to investigate, they just cut the scene to the morning scene. I hope that night Dali & Muhak maybe discuss about their plan to defeat Tae Jin & Ang San Tae.. and emm after that maybe they can..... :7555_attack:

From the preview, episode 13 will be hard to watch. But, hwaiting Dali & Muhak!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoveKDramaXoXo said:

Anyway @realistic2280a , i also secretly hoping before Dali go to Taejin, atleast she spend the night with Muhak first :heart:

Rightttt... :heart: Hi Five.. hahaa... 

Previews could be deceiving... but we hope things will turn around.. as much as we hope that they will spent the night, i dont think so, based on the preview where Dali sat behind the door and MoHak was gonna knock the door.... prove us wrong Drama Gods!...  :lol:

Welcome to the thread by the way, Soompi discussions used to be more lively than now... but, nvm, as long as it moves:)

Now where is that BTS of ep12 office kissing... wanna see how Dali slap mohak.. haha

• Like 1

Just now, LoveKDramaXoXo said:

I am not a newbie to K-Drama , i don't know why but I feel Dali & Muhak really make me head over heels. I watch it first with streaming with no subs, then with subs, after that I will replay all those cute moments . I don't know what happen with me :tounge_wink:

Na do!나도! Me too!! This drama crept under my skin and has me in a chokehold now!! They're such a cute couple! And they've given us so many heartfelt scenes to keep replaying!

Just now, sas79 said:

Seems like this will go the noble idiocy route

Strangely enough, for once in my long drama watching life, I don't mind this noble idiocy moment. The writer set it up properly, Dal Ri has been pushed to the edge, the villain has her cornered from all sides and to save herself she has to enter his lair. At least we'll get a marriage out of this drama, based on the duck she added to Moo Hak's painting. I still hate noble idiocy with a passion.

This drama has delivered some excellent monologues. My favourite one is obviously when Moo Hak confronts his dad in Episode 12. That was brilliant writing. I also loved when Dal Ri told Moo Hak that she is not fine and that she cannot accept his feelings because she's afraid to be vulnerable (episode 9). Writernim really knows how to push my buttons.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

@realistic2280a

Yeah it sucks how life works.. I speak from experience as well as I lost quite a few good people.. 

Ahahah what're you sayin'!? That evil people live longer because they don't suffer enough huh wth!?

Yeah that popped into my head too when I saw how they spelled out Da Li's name! It means the same.. it's just a different way of wording that's all. Like Jennie is the other way of spelling Jenny.. I've also seen it spell as Jeni. 

And yup looks like Da Li will go down the noble idiocy route sigh. As she feel too indebted to Moo Hak. That's why she mentions in preview that his debt feels "heaviest". I mean it's so like her to do something like this anyways ha-ha. 

Just what is Gong Joo's deal?! Even if she despises Da Li (I can't imagine why) she has to be at least grateful to her dad for taking her in..?? 

During the opening scene where Moo Hak tried to console Da Li, my..my..my.. he couldn't stop kissing her geez LoL. 

• Like 1

Omo! This drama went a bit melodramatic makjang for these past two episodes and yikes the noble idiocy trope for Da Li toooooo. Let’s pray that it only last for maximum 1 episode!! I want to see the exBF exposed so bad and hope how it goes down will be fun. 

BUT I still am enjoying it so much hahah; it is fully because of the actors - all of them are so good (even the baddies are so vile that you yell at the TV lol)! 

I even got a bit emotional when our guy JMH FINALLY confronted his father and step-mom. Such a great scene!! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@realistic2280a

Yeah it sucks how life works.. I speak from experience as well as I lost quite a few good people.. 

Ahahah what're you sayin'!? That evil people live longer because they don't suffer enough huh wth!?

Yeah that popped into my head too when I saw how they spelled out Da Li's name! It means the same.. it's just a different way of wording that's all. Like Jennie is the other way of spelling Jenny.. I've also seen it spell as Jeni. 

And yup looks like Da Li will go down the noble idiocy route sigh. As she feel too indebted to Moo Hak. That's why she mentions in preview that his debt feels "heaviest". I mean it's so like her to do something like this anyways ha-ha. 

Just what is Gong Joo's deal?! Even if she despises Da Li (I can't imagine why) she has to be at least grateful to her dad for taking her in..?? 

During the opening scene where Moo Hak tried to console Da Li, my..my..my.. he couldn't stop kissing her geez LoL. 

Hehe.. actually, i read that the proper pronuncination of Dali's name is actually Darli... u will see some twitter tags on it initially.. but i think, Dali is a better name... hence the name stuck.. hehe...

Not sure why, bad people always seems to live longer while good people always seemed to have it bad...not sure why... 

We just have to put more faith on Dali and Mo Hak to solve their issues i guess...whats gonna happen after Dali went to Tae Jin... how will Mo Hak's business survie? Tae Jin did say that he could make Mo Hak go bankrupt.. yes, big businesses are like that... saw that it too many dramas.. business world is as corrupt as the politics... right..:lol:

• Like 2

Hello!

Soo KBS just share still cut (maybe for epi 13 & 14). I am sorry I don't know how to bring the picture to this forum.. 

The picture show Muhak & Dali's father met! I don't know , is it Muhak's dream or maybe there's a plot twist? 

Can't wait for tomorrow!! :wub:

@realistic2280a  IKR, why it's still Tuesday? Episode 13 will be hard to watch, but... just bring it on!  Yeah the rating just so-so, 5% average. I wish they can reach 7% so KMJ and PGY can mukbang gamjatang together (it's their promise I saw it on youtube Kang Hanna Volume Up).

Anyone saw KMJ ig when he plays piano while singing the OST Moon Crater? Woaa that boy got talent!

Also, I lowkey ship KMJ & PGY in real life :wub: . They're really cute together!! 

Edited by LoveKDramaXoXo
Forget to add
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LoveKDramaXoXo said:

@realistic2280a  IKR, why it's still Tuesday? Episode 13 will be hard to watch, but... just bring it on!  Yeah the rating just so-so, 5% average. I wish they can reach 7% so KMJ and PGY can mukbang gamjatang together (it's their promise I saw it on youtube Kang Hanna Volume Up).

Anyone saw KMJ ig when he plays piano while singing the OST Moon Crater? Woaa that boy got talent!

Also, I lowkey ship KMJ & PGY in real life :wub: . They're really cute together!! 

My excuse is...i dont have much drama to catch these days... Haha..

Yes i wanted to hear about their interview at Hanna Volume Up (got to know about it after My RM is A Gumiho, though Hanna is stepping down soon to focus on acting)... havent got around to watching that yet.

I was introduced to PGY in  Devil Judge and i find her character died unnecessarily and was rooting for her loveline in the drama... but nvm, here in Dali, and Mu Hak are to ship for too :D... she is generally a shy and softspoken person ya... 

7%... so they know its hard to get high ratings on a wed-thu nights even though at 5% its already considered high for a drama?... hmm.. 2 more weeks.. perhaps we well get ratings that in ep15-16 finales...and they have to the gamjatang togehter.. haha

• Like 1

@realistic2280a too bad i am not living in Korea, so I (and other international fans) can't help them with ratings :cry: . 

must be really fun to watch them eating gamjatang together. 

In Kang Hanna volume up, KMJ and PGY admiring each other. KMJ said that PGY is really cute even when she's eating. While PGY said that KMJ is someone with charisma hehe. Their interview actually quite long , +/- 20 minutes. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LoveKDramaXoXo said:

@realistic2280a too bad i am not living in Korea, so I (and other international fans) can't help them with ratings :cry: . 

must be really fun to watch them eating gamjatang together. 

In Kang Hanna volume up, KMJ and PGY admiring each other. KMJ said that PGY is really cute even when she's eating. While PGY said that KMJ is someone with charisma hehe. Their interview actually quite long , +/- 20 minutes. 

Thanks...i want to watch the english sub but i only saw the indo sub on youtube... 

Anyone knows where is the Eng sub?....

9 hours ago, LoveKDramaXoXo said:

Hello!

Soo KBS just share still cut (maybe for epi 13 & 14). I am sorry I don't know how to bring the picture to this forum.. 

The picture show Muhak & Dali's father met! I don't know , is it Muhak's dream or maybe there's a plot twist? 

Can't wait for tomorrow!! :wub:

Unless dad is so attached to the museum he is wandering as a ghost Most likely it’s a flash back. I suppose they met to talk about the loan and for some reason MK did not know who he was? 

On a funny note…

From the Soompi Article:

In new stills, Jin Mu Hak and his father Kim Nak Cheon (Jang Gwang) are spotted having a conversation with each other. Jin Mu Hak looks at his father with a pleasant smile and bows down at him respectfully at a 90-degree angle. Kim Nak Cheon then looks back at his son with a benevolent and proud smile. This scene raises questions about what they could have talked about.

Well. That would be quite the twist ROFLMAS

• Like 1

@realistic2280a unfortunately , I don't know where you can find eng sub of Kang Hanna's show :wacko: . 

@RobinM whatt? his dad? maybe it's lost in translations? wow that a huge plot twist :blink: . Or maybe it was just Muhak's dream? 

edit:

also, from soompi >> This week’s broadcast will reveal another reason why the couple is destined to be together. 

Edited by LoveKDramaXoXo
Forgot
  • Like 1

@LoveKDramaXoXo... no prob, someone will probably share it somehwere next time...

The stills of MuHak meeting Dali's father... indeed, they must have met before he passed away... hopefully today's plot will move fast and not dwell on their separation (Dali and MuHak's) too long... 

Another reason why they are destined to be together... interesting...  hopefully its not some childhood meetup right... fingers crossed!**

• Like 1

I think they might mean Dad met him and was impressed by his  character and would have approved a match and him being a SIL. And Getting a Parents approval,esp a fathers, is vital in Chaebol families and Conservative Korean culture in general. 

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Min Jae And Kwon Yool Refuse To Back Down As They Fight For Park Gyu Young’s Heart In “Dali And Cocky Prince”

Nov 3, 2021

by L. Kim

Get ready for a tense confrontation in the next episode of “Dali and Cocky Prince”!

The romantic comedy stars Kim Min Jae as Jin Mu Hak, a man who lacks schooling and book smarts but is extremely resourceful and talented at making a living, and Park Gyu Young as Kim Dal Li, a woman who is intellectually polished and comes from an elite background but doesn’t know how to take care of herself.

Spoilers

Previously on “Dali and Cocky Prince,” Kim Dal Li’s late father Nak Cheon (Jang Gwang) was falsely accused of using the museum for drug distribution. On top of that, Jin Mu Hak’s stepmother So Geum Ja (Seo Jeong Yeon) humiliated Kim Dal Li, and Jang Tae Jin (Kwon Yool) who witnessed that, gave Jin Mu Hak a fierce warning. To make matters, Kim Dal Li’s uncle Kim Hong Cheon (Lee Do Kyung) worse begged Kim Dal Li to start over with Jang Tae Jin.

In the new stills, Kim Dal Li struggles between choosing Jin Mu Hak, who is raging with jealousy, and Jang Tae Jin, who came all the way to her house. Jin Mu Hak is engaged in a war of nerves with Jang Tae Jin, and he appears resolved to keep Kim Dal Li next to him. Jang Tae Jin doesn’t seem like he’s going to easily surrender either, and his expression is cold and stiff.

Previously, he turned a blind eye to Kim Dal Li because of the fact that she was adopted. He has been hiding his nature of having whatever he wants and acting as her guardian angel. However, he realized that he is the only one who could protect her and began taking relentless steps to win her heart.

park-gyu-young-kwon-yool-1.jpg

kim-min-jae-park-gyu-young-1.jpg

Spoiler

kwon-yool-1.jpg

kim-min-jae-1.jpg

The drama’s producers hinted, “Kim Dal Li loves Jin Mu Hak, but she has a very strong sense of duty to protect Cheongsong like her father. Please look forward to episode 13 of ‘Dali and Cocky Prince,’ which will air today, to find out who she will choose: Jin Mu Hak or Jang Tae Jin.”

“Dali and Cocky Prince” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1496777wpp/kim-min-jae-and-kwon-yool-refuse-to-back-down-as-they-fight-for-park-gyu-youngs-heart-in-dali-and-cocky-prince

• Like 2