[Drama 2021] The King’s Affection, 연모

ferily

He thought she was in disguse... hence he didnt think much of it.. at time Jiun can be such a simple man... haha

Anyone see how effortlessly Rawoon carried Park Eun Bin, running at that, when she was ^injured^?... haha..  all those muscles making good use...

But seriously, they couldnt have lost his father pursuing them..they were so close.. but its great to have some drama on it.. :lol:

At least the king did finally explained his position to Hwi.. as a father who wants to protect the daughter..  sigh... 

I wonder whats the significance of Jiun tying  the red string on the trees when hwi left the palace?

Am glad this is a 20 episode drama...more court dramas to follow!:lol:

Somehow i think Jiun's father will die protecting Jiun in the end.. hmm

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

9 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I thought I saw it mentioned here, but now cannot find the post, ... have you guys heard this one?

Kim Ga On ... is the REAL Crown Prince

- No, he didn't die

- His mysterious mission is to kill all those involved with killing his beloved tutor

- He is protecting his sister

- His father has always known, and allowed the deception with his daughter to continue, while his son recovered from his wounds, and why currently he won't banish Ga On from the palace. 

So, what do you think?  It makes a happy ending with our leads so much easier, and it would simply be an awesome reveal if he at the height of the final battle announces it, which would be scoffed at of course until the King appears and confirms it.  Here's hoping - 

I did mention abt it on pg 7 

….I dunno if anyone has pointed this before but does anyone else think/feel bodyguard Ga-On is the real crown prince? If their mother can fake her newborn daughter death, can’t she fake her son’s death too? Her son was already badly injured at the time, so letting her father thinks the girl was dead instead of the boy, she can actually save both her children.

So the king knew the crown prince is his daughter not his son, and all these years he has been protecting her. He was cold towards her bcs he worries he could expose her. And the king didn’t really know what happened to his son, since the queen didn’t reveal anything of her deathbed except to protect their child. When the killing of all ministers who conspired against Hwi’s tutor conviction, and Kim Ga On became main suspect, I think the king begins to suspect that KGO might be his son, which was why he had Yoon followed & protected him. I still believe the real Hwi is still alive, and I doubt a minor unknown figure aka Hwi’s tutor relative became someone important & cause ruckus among the ministers. Only someone with a royal confidence, who knows his way in the palace & the ministers who dares to do so…

Also right after Damhwi dethroned, Gaon went missing. Could it be he’s preparing to challenge his position back as crown prince? 

As for the romance part I don’t really care abt it…honestly I finds the romantic encounter, also relationship between CP Damhwi & Minister of War’s daughter really cute. Honestly I don’t really like the way Jiun bulldozed his way to CP, putting him in a tight position…especially in the era when men like men are forbidden but how can he be so bold? also what happen to Jiun so called first love for Dami? Someone he can’t get over with, yet suddenly he fell out of love for her & goes cuckoo for someone from the same gender. Sure we know its the same person but he didn’t know that. Its like so easy for him to let go his love when meets a new person who flutter his heart…I wish they have a more meaningful relationship 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

The King knew that he would be killed by the evil grandfather, and so he had his most loyal person take her to safety. When Ji Un's father visited that evil grandfather, he already saw he had some powder in a small box, and the whole plan of taking Crown Prince somewhere safe for sometime was because he had planned to take this extreme step, and then use his influence make the dethroned Crown Prince the King. I am pretty much sure that tea King had with him was poisoned. Maybe, although I feel like the chances are lower, but maybe Kim Ga On killed him. But I still feel like the evil grandfather is behind this. 

Initially when I saw that evil dude having some mysterious dark colored powder which seemed to be poison, and he said Crown Prince will be back soon. I seriously thought that he will go after the Prince Jehyeon who was appointed as the new Crown Prince. But seems like he directly went for the big guy here. Although I do think that knowing such day will come, The King must have done behind the evil grandfather's back which will help FL to bring him down. 

From MLs questioning their sexuality and being embarrassed for having feeling for another man (FL disguised as man), to the ML accepting his feelings for a man and kissing him (not knowing she is a woman), Kdramas, especially Sageuks have come a long way. I liked the fact that Ji Un accepted his feelings for Crown Prince as they were, and he was so convinced that she is a man that till the end moment, he didn't have the clue she was actually a woman. 

Kim Ga On being the dead Prince is something I still don't see here. No one is left to confirm that, even if he had some special birth mark, most of the people to confirm it are already dead. The only people who might be able to confirm the birth mark are Crown Prince's head court lady and Eunuch, but by doing so, FL will be proved to be an imposter and wouldn't be safe. With King dead, I don't really think this will happen. But let's see. Its interesting that he disappeared as soon as the Crown Prince was dethroned. The evil grandfather is definitely on his kill list, not sure if he will be able to achieve it. 

What I find rather interesting is that the Queen has been pretty much out of focus currently. We have known that she is not an innocent lady either, and I feel like she has been upto something in the background as well. We do know that the opposition minister is her most trusted person, and leading the fight against Crown Prince to have dethroned, but I wonder how she will deal with the whole situation here. 

By the looks of the previews, they will have FL back in the palace and try to make her the King. At the same time it seems like Jang Seok Jo (Ji Un's father) has started to doubt if he killed the right twin seeing FL in female attire. 

I honestly had not thought that the drama would this way and have such kind of turn of events. But its interesting. I feel like some bloodbath will surely happen in the next few episodes, and we will definitely see some serious power struggle happening. Looking forward to the next week's episodes, this drama has been getting better and better thanks to the good writing, and also amazing performance by everyone, especially Park Eun Bin. 

PS: Chingus, I will be putting up the polls soon, if you have suggestions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me :hooray:

• Like 8

The latest installment is also sad.  My eyes were actually teary for like half episode, especially the CP and her father scene. 

The story is moving quite fast.  I didn’t expect the king would be passing away soon, and that Dami going to be king this early on.  I thought she would be towards the end instead.  Now it makes me think about the title The King’s Affection meaning deeper.  Perhaps, it’s not necessary her love for Jiun alone, but how she runs the nation and caring for her people.  The incident with her uncle is the first step she wants to change for the better that everyone’s life matters, including slaves or servants.  And it’s also the first time she stands up against her grandpa courageously.

12 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Just saw ep11... less scenes of Rawoon!

She cant be really leaving the palace right... someone need to investiagte thre uncle's death.. and can someone tell me, why did the other prince said their father was the real heir to the throne?... confusion... 

But i was right about GaOn...we didnt know about his past,.ie, cant really crucify him thinking he was going to kill the CP when the first worked for him...

The theory that GaOn is the CP... somehow, it cant be... the boy CP was dead for some time.on the cart, im not sure how he could be saved... its not like Chinese drama Begin With You where the lead, even  after being screwed by an arrow, twice, still lives!... i believe korean dramas would have more sense! :lol: ^fingers crossed^

If I remember correctly, Dami wasn’t the CP back then when she was younger.  It was actually someone else but I couldn’t recall the name.  Then 10 years later she becomes the CP, however, no explanation how it came about.  My guess is that the late king has changed his mind or probably favored the current king more as opposed to Hyun’s father.

6 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

He thought she was in disguse... hence he didnt think much of it.. at time Jiun can be such a simple man... haha

Anyone see how effortlessly Rawoon carried Park Eun Bin, running at that, when she was ^injured^?... haha..  all those muscles making good use...

But seriously, they couldnt have lost his father pursuing them..they were so close.. but its great to have some drama on it.. :lol:

At least the king did finally explained his position to Hwi.. as a father who wants to protect the daughter..  sigh... 

I wonder whats the significance of Jiun tying  the red string on the trees when hwi left the palace?

Am glad this is a 20 episode drama...more court dramas to follow!:lol:

Somehow i think Jiun's father will die protecting Jiun in the end.. hmm

Regarding the red ribbons, I think they represent the flowers that the CP likes, which Jiun gave her on the day of his resignation.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

30 minutes ago, QSD said:

If I remember correctly, Dami wasn’t the CP back then when she was younger.  It was actually someone else but I couldn’t recall the name.  Then 10 years later she becomes the CP, however, no explanation how it came about.  My guess is that the late king has changed his mind or probably favored the current king more as opposed to Hyun’s father.

Back then her father was the Crown Prince since his father was alive at that time and was the King. 

On Asianwiki I saw an interesting comment saying that Ha Kyung will become the Queen after marring Lee Hwi, and said her dress in the Character Poster also suggested the same. Honestly I didn't really attention to the character posters, but checking it out, it looks like that person has made the right guess. 

2F984498-2132-4B31-9D44-50438A21F4D2.thu

She is indeed wearing the Queen's dress and hairpin. She has been introduced as an innocent girl and had a very limited screen time so far. We also know that Crown Prince's grandfather wanted her to be his wife as it was more beneficial for him. 

Question is, which side she will be on? Will she be on Crown Prince's side, or will she choose the side opposing him after seeing Crown Prince not really looking at her the way she wants him to. 

13 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

She cant be really leaving the palace right... someone need to investiagte thre uncle's death.. and can someone tell me, why did the other prince said their father was the real heir to the throne?... confusion... 

What must have happened is that his father must been the Crown Prince initially, but due to some reason he died and the other brother became the Crown Prince :rubchin:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

KBS’s “The King’s Affection” saw a rise in viewership ratings!

According to Nielsen Korea, the November 16 episode of “The King’s Affection” recorded average nationwide ratings of 8.8 percent. Not only is this a significant increase from last episode‘s ratings of 7.1 percent, it also marks a new personal best for the drama. The drama’s previous personal best was 7.8 percent, so this is also the drama’s first time breaking past 8 percent in ratings.

On tvN, 

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/the-kings-affection-hits-new-personal-best-in-ratings-as-idol-the-coup-sees-drop/#ixzz7CQipKw3l

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, QSD said:

The story is moving quite fast.  I didn’t expect the king would be passing away soon, and that Dami going to be king this early on.  I thought she would be towards the end instead.  Now it makes me think about the title The King’s Affection meaning deeper.  

Regarding the red ribbons, I think they represent the flowers that the CP likes, which Jiun gave her on the day of his resignation.

Yes, it is moving fast after the slow ep11...hehe...

But Hwi was the son of the crown prince when they were born, who else could be the CP.. perhaps it was during Hwi's father's time that there was a change in CP...

Yes, it seems that the red ribbons indicate the flowers, but i just want to be sure... :D

4 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

What must have happened is that his father must been the Crown Prince initially, but due to some reason he died and the other brother became the Crown Prince :rubchin:

Hehe..yes it must be...

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

I remember feeling sad for Ha Kyung while reading the manhwa. She's a lonely Queen, but I hope they will not change her character in the drama. I believe her love for the crown prince/King is really admirable. Loving only one person! 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

11 hours ago, wildcherry said:

As for the romance part I don’t really care abt it…honestly I finds the romantic encounter, also relationship between CP Damhwi & Minister of War’s daughter really cute. Honestly I don’t really like the way Jiun bulldozed his way to CP, putting him in a tight position…especially in the era when men like men are forbidden but how can he be so bold? also what happen to Jiun so called first love for Dami? Someone he can’t get over with, yet suddenly he fell out of love for her & goes cuckoo for someone from the same gender. Sure we know its the same person but he didn’t know that. Its like so easy for him to let go his love when meets a new person who flutter his heart…I wish they have a more meaningful relationship 

I agree with you....for the plot with so many potentials I think they overlook Jiun's POV. They should have shown more how Jiun is conflicted between first love and this same sex love. He isn't questioning his sexual orientation which is a bit unusual in the ancient times. 

Other than that, I am so satisfied that our Prince is so human...craving love and affection. She is really bold to show Jiun her real identity...in a very unique way in a very unique situation :)) This moment will be engraved in Jiun's memory forever..

One question though, if you guys can explain to me...if both the current King and the Maternal Grandpa, and even the Super Queen Grandmama are all about securing the King position for our Prince, does that mean they have a common goal? Why do they have to fight so much?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

@Sleepy Owl @realistic2280a

You are probably right as it could be just my imagination there was another CP.  I might need to re-watch earlier episode to find out why I have thought so.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Some comic relief scene. 

"How dare you try to look at my wife without permission?  She is so stunning that her beauty will blind you."

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 2

I can't remember about another CP, but I might have completely missed it. Now that makes me want to go back and re watch the earlier eps.

I love how she reveals her secret to him, they both did a wonderful job in that scene, it was very emotional, and beautiful and pure all at once. I can't wait for the next  eps.

:sparklyeyes:

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, QSD said:

@Sleepy Owl @realistic2280a

You are probably right as it could be just my imagination there was another CP.  I might need to re-watch earlier episode to find out why I have 

Hehe...we are not sure, but i assume that must have been the case... hence we will seek more clues in the next episodes...

So the team has ended filming.. that's great.. that means another 4 weeks before the ending.. hoping for a great ending later on..

In the scene with the gender confession... im like, Park Eun bin must have been freezing with that scene... i wonder how many takes did they do that scene... 

Man, 3/4 of the 2021 ending has several good saeguks on air (previously the red moon, now this, inspector joy then coming up flower and moon - yoo seung ho and hyeri's)... its great time to do saeguks during winter..:D

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

I just finished ep 12 and gosh probably one is the best episodes of the whole drama. 

I love that I can’t predict what will happen in this drama and phew it’s fun and refreshing. 

Spoiler

ahhh the scene between her and the King - it was acted so well and full of emotions and feelings!!!! The king knew!!!! and kept his promise to his late wife to protect her physically. He is still soooo very cold to her during this scene but okay he is trying to free her. His letter to her made me tear up! I need her to burn the letter since it’s evidence tho.!!!

The OTP reunion scene was soo touching too! PEB acted so well again just with her facial and eye expressions. Their love is quite pure lol and the red ribbon tying scene is sweet funny. 

The father and son Jiun show down was unexpected and oh the evil father actually protected Jiun. How does evil dad catch them so fast and why he suddenly knows the truth!!!! Lol

lol the funny wife on the boat scene - Jiun is so confused but why is he so cute to compliment Hwi lol. 

I’m so used to see PEB as CP that now I see her in the female dress - I’m not use to it as lovely as she is; it really suits her! 

I also did expect for Jiun to find out the truth this way — another great scene. Ahhh we have to wait until next week —— blah I think evil grandfather poison the King

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 7
  • Blob 1