Dushik's No.6 bucket list was:
"to make hyejin happy"
then he changed it to:
"to live happily with you for the rest of our life"

ctto

• Like 10
  • Love 8
  • Thanks 3

Thank you ladies for the beautiful photos, gifs and insightful posts as usual! :)

I attended my morning meeting but my mind was wondering in Gongjin, thinking about the people there. I can't describe how much I love the drama and the people there. They mostly come from broken families or can not live with their families but they have their lovely neighbours to lean on. DS always helps Gamri halmonie with her daily tasks, Hwa Jeong helped Nam Sook to overcome the pain of losing her daughter, NS helped Hwa Jeong to make up with her husband, HJ helped YG deliver the baby, the whole villagers want to help DS and HJ get back together... They are just typical villagers who work hard everyday to earn a living, but they have their own stories to share, to teach us to appreciate our life more, not to take anything for granted; and most importantly, they truly care for each other and bond like a big family. 

You guys already mentioned how wonderful HJ is, I knew she would not break up with him, but her words touch my heart so much. DS is indeed lucky, to have HJ come and stay by his side. Although it is devastating seeing DS like that, I am glad that his mysterious past will start to unfold, DS will soon get the burden off his shoulder, the pain that has been haunting him for too long already. He has to face it now, otherwise it will just get worse as time goes by. I hope it is just survival guilt, and the accident that he didn't expect to happen, nothing to do with his moral issue. Stay strong DS, HJ is there to share everything with you and help you get through this :heart:

5 days wait this week is indeed torturing but at least we have 2 HomeCha eps to look forward to, I do not even want to think about next week when HomeCha is over, I am just really emotional invested in the drama, I can't bear to say goodbye to our lovely characters yet... :( 

• Like 12
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

@cuteyabby 

Thanks for sharing. Just wanted to say Doo Shik has very neat and lovely handwriting:heart: also he's done 2/5 on hiis list.:blush: I like his list for Hye Jin too and how he changed it. I hope Chief Hong can be happy always too.

I liked how helpful Seung Hyun was to Doo Shik in sharing some wisdom on relationships. Rare especially when it's from a love rival/sml. If only he'd follow his own advise and pursue Ms. Wang.:expressionless:

• Like 10
  • Love 1

This is one episode which I don’t feel like rewatching… too painful. Although I liked the way they close the Hwa Jung chapter. Despite her husband’s earlier behavior, I think he is a good person at heart and he does care deeply for her, just that he himself is not aware. When we saw him in the drama, he is already having an antagonistic relationship with Hwa jung so naturally the impression given to viewers is no good. With the flashbacks, he is much more likable now, at least to me. 

Miseon and EC is the model couple for Hyesik this episode. I think the writer purposely contrasted the open and direct way they communicated about their future plans (marriage, housing etc) with that of Hyesik. Also with this, I don’t think Miseon will leave Gongjin. So crossing my finger, there is a chance that HJ won’t leave either. If she closes her dentistry, Miseon will be jobless. Unlike Seoul there are not many other dentistry to seek employment with.

Back to our OTP, what was most painful to watch was the stoic way DS responded to HJ’s responses of time off, break, even make up. He is obviously hurt but yet he made no attempts to reconcile, to fight for what he wants. It is like what he said to SH, he feels he is not worthy and hence he seems to take in everything as due punishment. In fact, it appears that he is retreating into his shell and mentally preparing himself for the inevitable heartbreak. Which was why he does not reach out to HJ even though she came back to him. I am sure HJ would have notice that the wall is even higher and thicker now. As a viewer, we are made aware of DS’s trauma but Hj has no real experience beyond what Hwa Jung vaguely told her. So I love her for bravely taking the leap of faith to trust DS and to promise to wait for him. Even if he doesn’t reciprocate immediately. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 4

What a roller coaster ride, y'all. I am so pleased with the ratings. It shows us how viewers are more attuned to realistic yet heart warming dramas nowadays. Also, bravos to our writer-nim, who did such a wonderful job in giving every character a story arc. Even the show writer and the cameraman each has a story for themselves. Moreover, I like PD Ji more and more each day and I so hope he has his own happy endings as well. On the EQ level like someone mentioned earlier, I think PD Ji's EQ also matches Hye Jin very well. 

Last but not least, hwaiting, uri Sikhye couple! I can't wait for them to be happy together for a long, long time like Dusik has wished!

• Like 8
  • Love 3

I am so excited for this week's episodes but at the same time I am heartbroken since this will be their last 2 episodes. :bawling:  I'm so into this kdrama that no other kdrama I ever watched! I'm gonna miss this so much! all the characters shines on this drama. 

can you recommend where can I download all the episodes? currently watching on netflix but I want to download it so I can rewatch it when I grow older sitting at my rocking chair watching the sea! :fullofhearts:

• Like 9

I am going to stop theorizing what exactly happened to Du Sik in the past and just impatiently wait for episode 15 to come out :bawling: I want Saturday to come already…

Also anyone else notice when Ji PD came to visit Du Sik, Du Sik said to stay for some sikhye? Referencing the drink but also a reference to our Sikhye couple :lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 8

Gotta quote this from kimsamsoom on mydramalist:

"Homecha didn't want such a tragic backstory to overshadow the story it was trying to tell. By saving the unravelling of the backstory as long as it did, it allowed us the viewers to be fully invested in the love, character development, and side stories of the drama. It allowed us to create our own mentally strong walls that brook no question on the loyalty, and love Dusik, Hye Jin and the rest of the villagers had for each other."

I am so thankful of writer-nim for this. Albeit the same idea of overcoming past tragic history, Hometown Cha Cha Cha has  differed itself from other dramas by focusing on the sunshine after rain. And that's why it warms our hearts so much.

• Like 6
  • Love 6

Does anyone think that Gamri could be the winner of the lottery and she used the money to bail DS out from the failed investment? I was thinking they made such a big deal about the lottery and it should be used in a significant way. The writers have linked everything together so I am hopeful that the lottery will be nicely weaves in too *fingers crossed*

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 5

just finished repeating epi 14, was it just me or anybody noticed Du-shik was a bit uncomfortable during the conversation with Do-Ha's father - when his father mentioned abt the buy 2 free 1 deals.......am i overthinking? :lol:

Edited by sherie1905
typo
  • Like 5
  • Insightful 1

20 minutes ago, sherie1905 said:

just finished repeating epi 14, was it just me or anybody noticed Du-shik was a bit uncomfortable during the conversation with Do-Ha's father - when his father mentioned abt the buy 2 free 1 deals.......am i overthinking? :lol:

No, I agree with you. Three things I notice in this episode:

-buy 2 get 1 milk: was dusik simply kind back then or had he an intention with the act of giving the milk?

-policer selling his collection stuff and buying things for his girlfriend: are they trying to hint that he wasn’t the one who won the lottery?

-Dusik offering Sikhye to Ji PD: is this a joke from the writer that was added more recently due to fans calling the couple Sikhye? Given the sad atmosphere of the situation she can’t add a funny idea, can she?

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

It's midnight and it was mistake to watch the episode before I go to sleep. How am I supposed to sleep after watching this?

I was so so so happy that they didn't break up. That's how real life healthy relationship should be. Everyone needs their time and their space. Breaking up is hard, being together is harder.  I'm glad I decided to watch this drama. Each and every supporting character is well written, be it Bo-ra's mom, or Hwa-Jeong, etc.

When I saw the flashback, the noona pushing Du-Shik out saying it is his fault that her husband passed away, I hated it. I know grief brings out words that we don't mean. Same with the person who punched him (I'm sorry for not looking up the names). He has been in Gongjin for months. He knows Du-shik. What kind of person he is but anger and grief caused him to punch Du-Shik.

I'm sure Du-Shik suffers from survivor's guilt. It's very hard to come out of it. They have such a huge burden to carry and people blaming him will just make him worse. I felt so bad for him.  Even if they come around later and apologize, things won't vanish from Du-Shik's heart.

I wish I hadn't seen that last few minutes in this episode. It broke me.

For some reason, this drama is written so beautifully that it opens up all the past wounds in my life. Life doesn't always go as we planned. Sometimes we cannot handle it. But, if we have a strong support system in our life, we can jump back and we can be happy. I am really eager to see Du-Shik and Hye-Jin overcome everything and be happy.

And with this thought, I'm going to patiently wait... to see them happy. Even if this is dramaworld, the story is so relatable that  a sweet corner of my brain fantasizes that it's all real.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5

7 hours ago, Raynaa said:

Also on a larger level the series also addresses the re assimilation of people who have had history with PTSD, survivors guilt or self harm into normal society. I think the writing team has focused on these subjects as ‘cleanly’ as possible so that it doesn’t make people so uncomfortable that they stop watching and they can achieve their goal of addressing the issue and destigmatising it. 

Thank you for sharing this! I hadn't thought of it this way that there is re assimilation of individuals (within a community) who have experienced hardship of some sort. I think I now have better understanding of why this is the pace the show is going for DS's past.

4 hours ago, NhicarT said:

If the series will follow the movie's pattern looks like they will definitely have a time jump. Hyejin will go back to Seoul without Dusik but she will eventually be back and they get to drink the wine where she had put her name in the label.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm hoping that they do end the show with our Sikhye couple finally drinking that wine. 

Countdown to the final 2 episodes, whew! I can't believe our Sikhye couple's story is finally ending. :weary:

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, Raynaa said:

I wish like the movie Sweet Home Alabama they could spend time in both the city and Gongjin

Such a great movie!! :wub:

4 hours ago, Dramadee24 said:

Also if there ever is a character who needs a spin off its Ji PD

Totally agree. I'd love to see more of him in another show.

Also, I do think Show is going to give us a happily-ever-after between DS and HJ. It would be too dark and sad to have gone through all of this relationship development, character development, and fun and froth to then be faced with a permanent separation. The way the show has set up the story, the natural conclusion is that DS and HJ's love will overcome all. My theory anyway.

And won't it be GREAT to see more of who Du Sik really is, once his walls and reserves have come down? Once the truth is out, he'll be so much more free:

- Free to love HJ fully

- Free to serve and counsel his fellow villagers, from a place of freedom and his good heart, not because he's running away from anything

- Free to use his engineering degree (or not) however he wishes

- Free to re-establish his relationship with Seon Ah noona and her son Ha Rang....if that's what DS and Seon Ah want

- Free to pay his respects to his sunbae who died and remember their deep connection without as much pain

- And however else it will look as he continues his journey to healing

It will be a slow journey, of course, but there's so much freedom and lightness once our terrible dark secrets are actually out in the open and we allow other people to support us and love us. DS has been carrying this around for way too long, all alone. The villagers and HJ will show their mettle and help him carry the burden.

• Like 7
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Sunset said:

I wish I hadn't seen that last few minutes in this episode. It broke me.

For some reason, this drama is written so beautifully that it opens up all the past wounds in my life. Life doesn't always go as we planned. Sometimes we cannot handle it. But, if we have a strong support system in our life, we can jump back and we can be happy. I am really eager to see Du-Shik and Hye-Jin overcome everything and be happy.

And with this thought, I'm going to patiently wait... to see them happy. Even if this is dramaworld, the story is so relatable that  a sweet corner of my brain fantasizes that it's all real.

I feel you. Gamri grandmother's words really resonated with me, how she told him to eat (good food) as he pleases and be happy from now on. It's a feeling people who have experienced some sort of trauma, or have past wounds feel strongly about-to just be happy from there onwards.

And yes, the narration, the storyline, and the single camera filming style made everything seem so real and alive, it's hard to rewatch all of today's episode.

I too, wish this was a real town with real caring people I could go live in (aside from wanting to witness the beautiful couple with my own eyes!).

1 hour ago, L A said:

No, I agree with you. Three things I notice in this episode:

-buy 2 get 1 milk: was dusik simply kind back then or had he an intention with the act of giving the milk?

-policer selling his collection stuff and buying things for his girlfriend: are they trying to hint that he wasn’t the one who won the lottery?

-Dusik offering Sikhye to Ji PD: is this a joke from the writer that was added more recently due to fans calling the couple Sikhye? Given the sad atmosphere of the situation she can’t add a funny

Personally I think the milk offering gesture was to highlight consistency with Du Shik's character-he went out of his way to buy uncle security guard a carton of milk. He has always been so generous and thoughtful to the young and old, regardless of social status. 

Initially I thought with how generous Eun Cheol was with his daily gifting, that he MUST be the lottery winner. But after witnessing how he was selling his belongings so as to buy Mi Seon gifts, I realised he musn't be. Someone hypothesized that maybe Gamri won the money and used it to fund Du Shik's failed investments (AND just my 2 cents, maybe that's how he tried to atone for his hyung's death and help Ha Rang and her Mum get back on their own two feet?)- I like the idea.

I think 'Shikhye' could well have been one of their ad-libs rather than written in the script :sweatingbullets:

2 hours ago, ferily said:

Also anyone else notice when Ji PD came to visit Du Sik, Du Sik said to stay for some sikhye? Referencing the drink but also a reference to our Sikhye couple :lol:

Yes loved it! I noticed that of all the korean I was desperately trying to understand whilst watching without subs. Hopefully its another of their ingenious ad-libs!

Can I say, we've all been so eagerly wanting to know the truth behind DuShik's trauma, that we've chased the series down to it's last 2 episodes! As much as I want Sat-Sun to come, I also don't want the drama to end :criesariver:

• Like 10