[Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살

larus

2 hours ago, Kathia said:

Yes, there's more it. What we know are the lives from 600 years ago. Yet, Eul Tae has lived for 1000 years and we've seen through flashbacks that he met Sang Woon 1000 years ago, which was when it all started. In other words, the scenes at the beginning of ep1 were not the "start" of the story, but the "middle" of the story.

A soul belongs to an individual, that's true, but most of us think that Eul Tae's soul is the one who is being "carried" by other people except him. He was human, but since he is a bulgasal now (a being with no soul whatsoever), means that his soul went to someone else, hence the confusion.

I think we'll get all answers this upcoming weekend.

Okay yes thank you! That all makes sense now, the timeline, the ‘rules’ about souls in this show, etc.I appreciate you and @Haeuntaking the time to explain truly thank you so much, and for everyone here not judging my confusion on the show and questions haha I was scared at first to post cause I wasn’t sure if I was confused about things with obvious answer

• Like 4

Lee Jin Wook Is Left Defenseless As Lee Joon Attacks Him With No Mercy In “Bulgasal”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 22, 2022
by L. Kim

tvN’s “Bulgasal” has revealed new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

“Bulgasal” is a fantasy drama starring Lee Jin Wook as Dan Hwal, a bulgasal (a mythical creature that does not die or age) who was once human centuries ago. Kwon Nara stars as Min Sang Woon, a woman who is repeatedly reincarnated while fleeing the bulgasal, but remembers all her past lives.

Spoilers

On January 22, the drama unveiled new stills that hint Dan Hwal and Ok Eul Tae (Lee Joon) will face off against each other.

The photos capture the two characters in a dark underground bunker. It is the place which has the well that was built 600 years ago to trap the female bulgasal (Kwon Nara) so that she would suffer forever. However, it was revealed that Ok Eul Tae is the one who had killed Dan Hwal’s family. In order to keep the secret buried forever, he even tried to kill Nam Do Yoon (UP10TION‘s Kim Woo Seok), who is actually Dan Hwal’s reincarnated son.

lee-jin-wook-lee-joon-3.jpg

Spoiler

lee-jae-wook-1.jpg

However, the fact that Dan Hwal brought Ok Eul Tae here might mean that he knows the entire truth. The tables turn though when Ok Eul Tae attacks Dan Hwal and coldly plunges a knife into him. Completely defenseless, Dan Hwal collapses against the wall, raising questions about whether he will be able to escape this crisis or not.

lee-joon-2.jpg

Spoiler

lee-joon-lee-jin-wook-4.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1509516wpp/lee-jin-wook-is-left-defenseless-as-lee-joon-attacks-him-with-no-mercy-in-bulgasal

• Like 4

1 hour ago, larus said:

Lee Jin Wook Is Left Defenseless As Lee Joon Attacks Him With No Mercy In “Bulgasal”

AT LEAST WE KNOW HE WON'T KILL HIM...HE HOPES HWAL WILL BE THE ONE TO BREAK THE CURSE BY KILLING LADY BULGASAL

• Like 4

Thank god doyoon is still alive...and told Hwal ET killed his mom in the past...GREAT FAMILLY SCENES...SIHO watched in the past saw her sister death...she also saw 50 years ago seems both bulgasals need to die ...HWAL AND ET she needs to kill them both...She went looking for Hwal...he asked her why she came she said she does not know...that she was scared...afraid of losing him...i can't wait the subtitles

ep 12 preview

i think he asked her if she likes him

sorry the spoiler does not work for me today...i hope someone will help me

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

Looks like Sang-Un can't help but to come back for Hwal. At the end of ep 11, he has become more important than her revenge. Her instinct (probably her love for him for 1000 years ago) makes her save him when he was drowning and makes her come back for him no matter what. I'm sick of hearing Eul Tae's excuse. 

Lol, even if he is telling the truth I would be skeptical since he has lied since the beginning. Since Bulgasal's are  pairs probably Hwal + Sang-Un were pairs. 

Eul Tae who was weak 1000 years ago was hungry for power so he probably plotted to be bulgasal.

Everyone who had ties with Eul Tae in the past life 1000 years ago probably are reborn this time as faith brings them back together closer than he thinks. 

Edited by Bleu Winter
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 3

2 hours ago, Bleu Winter said:

Looks like Sang-Un can't help but to come back for Hwal. At the end of ep 11, he has become more important than her revenge. Her instinct (probably her love for him for 1000 years ago) makes her save him when he was drowning and makes her come back for him no matter what. I'm sick of hearing Eul Tae's excuse. 

FINALLY I WATCHED EP 11 WITH SUBTITLES...BY TELLING HIM HE BECOME MORE IMPORTANT THAN HER REVENGE, IS TELLING HIM I LOVE YOU...I HOPE HE'LL BE ABLE TO TELL HIS SON I LOVE YOU SOME DAY...WHAT WILL THEY DO WITH THEIR FEELINGS?

2 hours ago, Bleu Winter said:

I would be skeptical since he has lied since the beginning. Since Bulgasal's are  pairs probably Hwal + Sang-Un were pairs. 

I AGREE...IS A LIAR...HE WAS HUMAN 1000 YEARS AGO AND HWAL WAS A BULGASAL...

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Bleu Winter said:

Lol, even if he is telling the truth I would be skeptical since he has lied since the beginning. Since Bulgasal's are  pairs probably Hwal + Sang-Un were pairs. 

Eul Tae who was weak 1000 years ago was hungry for power so he probably plotted to be bulgasal.

Everyone who had ties with Eul Tae in the past life 1000 years ago probably are reborn this time as faith brings them back together closer than he thinks. 

This is what I've been thinking as well.  

ET was greedy for power, and he used Hwal and SU against one another in the past.  

• Like 4

Wow..I need to watched several times on the part where ET spilled everything when fighting with Hwal because I couldn't 'chew' what He said properly :sweatingbullets:

If 1000 years ago Hwal asked ET to make him become bulgasal. What is the reason He wanted tobe bulgasal?

Bulgasal is in a pair  but We see that 1000 years ago ET is also a human then beside Sang Woon, who is the other original one then? I think there should be another person, neither Hwal nor ET. 

ET said that the lady bulgasal hates Hwal but this is contradict with How the lady bulgasal saved him when Hwal was young. Beside the fact Bulgasals need to stab each other heart, I don't know whether the rest what ET said is a truth or another narrative that He builds to benefit him

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, illay said:

ce bulgasal is in a pair  but We see that 1000 years ago ET is also a human then beside Sang Woon, who is the other original one then? I think there should be another person, neither Hwal nor ET. 

HE CAN'T BE TRUSTED HWAL WAS BULGASAL...ET WAS A GREEDY HUMAN THAT KILLED HIS BROTHER

SIHO WILL TRY TO WATCH IN THE PAST BUT IS BEEING WARNED NOT TO DO IT ANYMORE

• Like 4

1 hour ago, andy78 said:

FINALLY I WATCHED EP 11 WITH SUBTITLES...BY TELLING HIM HE BECOME MORE IMPORTANT THAN HER REVENGE IS TELLING HIM I LOVE YOU...I HOPE HE'LL BE ABLE TO TELL HIS SON I LOVE YOU SOME DAY...WHAT WILL THEY DO WITH THEIR FEELINGS?

I AGREE...IS A LIAR...HE WAS HUMAN 1000 YEARS AGO AND HWAL WAS A BULGASAL...

I think what you guys said that ET used Hwal & Sang Un to against one another in the past is true.

I think there are only 2 possibilities for the ending:

1. ET & Hwal really kill one another like today episode so both of them will vanish 

2. They need to make ET stabs Sang Un with the blade so Sang Un will become burgasal again and ET is back to be human. I think the blade used will be the key. I saw one long blade on Hwal's room when Sang Un went to his room and saw the portrait. Don't know if it's same or not.

I am really curious why the butcher lady young version doesn't allow Siho to see the past. Is it because She is afraid SiHo knows her own past life or another unexpected reason. I still think the shaman in the past is weird.

Did the writers trying to pair the lady  & ex-detective on tonight episode? :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 2

Im thinking if there is any truth to what ET was saying at all, a theory could be that SU and Hwal wanted to end their bulgasal reign, but of course, Hwal did not want SU to die. SU probably was angry at Hwal for somehow giving ET the powers 1000 years ago and cursed him so that she will always be able to find him. And perhaps Hwal did ask for ET to assist with making SU transfer her power to Hwal and he planned to end himself and ET after and therefore the bulgasal being once and for all. ET did mention too that SU's past lives wanted to end bulgasal. 

Kim HY must have known, as ET did, that both bulgasals must kill each other, but im guessing she had a plan which wasnt revealed, where they both have to stab each other first, and somehow she can save hwal. 

Looking at how ET still cared if he had stabbed Hwal at a very vulnerable spot though, i do think they did have some kind of friendship back then. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

39 minutes ago, illay said:

Did the writers trying to pair the lady  & ex-detective on tonight episode? :lol:

I think so--Absolutely!  And they were so cute together.  :D

In a different vein.....I'm thinking about the plotlines again.  In the beginning of this drama, the writer made everything very dark, very violent, very convoluted, and very confusing.  This has lead us all down a winding road.  Now we are facing a different sort of confusion because the writer seems to have lost the thread.  What seems to be happening now is formulaic and predictable; this is a little disappointing in the long run.  

Although I'm really glad that DY is not dead, the fact that he lived showed me that this drama is more romance than when it began.  At the start, the drama was something else entirely.  Why the shift?  I don't know.  I'm glad to see some romance (hey, I'm the person who seriously wanted it) but the writing inconsistency bothers me.  It's a like a cake batter that isn't fully mixed, so that the cake comes out of the oven lopsided.

The formula that I think may be happening here is something like this:

• Bulgasals were not meant to be evil; they were a matched pair of good spirits who were meant to control the monsters of this world.  That pair was Hwal and SU.
  • ET was an evil and greedy person (possibly a monster?) who somehow managed to get between Hwal and SU through lies and deceit.  
  • Hwal tried to protect SU, and somehow this resulted in ET trading his soul to Hwal so that ET became Bulgasal.
  • Perhaps Hwal and SU thought that they could figure out a way out of this dilemma but something went wrong again.
  • In the meanwhile, Hwal with ET's soul kept reincarnating and SU had to try to protect him every time.  Perhaps Hwal reached his final incarnation and the only way for SU to save Hwal for for her to give him her Bulgasal powers.
  • Maybe Hwal and SU planned to trade soul and Bulgasal powers back and forth until they could figure out a way for them to outwit ET.
  • At the end of the day, there will either be two Bulgasals (Hwal and SU) or none at all.  If there are no Bulgasals left, who will control the monsters?  There must be a pair of Bulgasals; therefore SU must become Bulgasal.

So, this is just what I was left thinking at the end of today's episode.

Not only do we see the detective and the shaman lady finding their way to one another, we also see Hwal and SU doing the same. 

Now, what about SH who admits to liking bad men?  We still don't know the baby-daddy, and I'm still thinking it's a monster.

I still like this drama but I'm not happy with the inconsistencies.  Oh well, I'll just enjoy to the end.

.....editing to add this thought:  one of the things that is bothering me is that we had so much focus on the monsters.  The monsters were insistently tracking SU and HWal was fighting them.  Now the plotline with the monsters seems utterly gone, and that just doesn't make sense.  Where are these extra bad guys?  Are we just waiting until the end for a final major battle?  Grrrrr.  So annoying.  As I said, the writer seems to have lost the thread.  

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

14 minutes ago, angelbeast90 said:

Wow blonde boy Doyoon did not die and neither did his cheeky side die. I'm happy!

Why am I not starting to trust Hwal???

I need to watch with subs!!

Yeah seems like what the Shaman Lady said once the forgotten remembers the past, everyone will start to die like they previously did is probably due to Hwal. He has forgotten his deeds 1000 years ago. When he remembers his past, he might be devastated or maybe regret his life choices, probably for trusting Eul Tae.

• Like 6

Siho said about her ideal type is someone who is handsome, adorable, & cute like a puppy. Isn't that so - Do yoon? :sweatingbullets:

@thistle I think the monsters appeared on ep 1 have all appeared on present time  so there's no any monster can be showed anymore

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, illay said:

Siho said about her ideal type is someone who is handsome, adorable, & cute like a puppy. Isn't that so - Do yoon? :sweatingbullets:

@thistle I think the monsters appeared on ep 1 have all appeared on present time  so there's no any monster can be showed anymore

Yeah makas me think maybe bulgasals will eventually die? Actually it would be good if Eul Tae becomes back human and get killed repeatedly by the monsters reborn. 

• Like 4

I'm tired of waiting for them to reveal the backstory and trying to force this romance between the leads, it better be because of some past connection there is no other way they can sell it to me.

At this point I'm wondering if Siho,Doyoon and Hoyeol are ever going to know about their past with Hwal.

• Like 3

I love this show. It's so freaking weird! It just has this manic energy... which is magnified 100x whenever Joon Lee appears on screen.

Kwon Nara's neck is so long! Is that why everyone is always grabbing her neck? :lol:

The two leading ladies are both so beautiful. I imagine their conversation entirely consists of, "No, you're pretty," "No, you're pretty..."

• Like 2
  • LOL 3