[Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살

larus

Im glad Eul Tae hesitated for a moment and Doyoon is alive...

Those family scenes were warm and safe but it looked like Hwal and Sangun

really didnt belong there.

its a beautiful shot...  

FJxmaCGaQAMDGik?format=jpg&name=360x360

their scenes are always pretty cool...   :D

FJrpqmHVgAIxec8?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, andy78 said:

Today ep was the calm before the storm...yes will be hard for them to be together now that she remembers what happened 1000 years ago

Yo i just watched the whole ep without subs and even though i dont really understand korean, im still shaking. This is the turning point of the series. Cant wait for the subbed!

• Like 5

seems to me the other villager look like siho and doyoon

i could not agree more...he is GREAT

I GUESS THEY BOTH STARTED TO HAVE FEELINGS...SHE EVEN ADMITED TO HIM...BUT WHAT WILL THEY DO WITH WHAT HAPPENED 1000 YEARS AGO?HWAL IS NOT THE SAME PERSON ANYMORE...NEITHER SHE...LOVE VS HATE...WHAT A MESS

• Like 6

What I don't understand is why Hwal doesn't behave the same now since the show implied that their personalities remain the same as their past lives. Basically, everyone on this show has the same personality, the good people remain good, while the bad people remain bad. If Hwal was truly evil before, then how come he is good now?

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

Ok, done watching episode 12. Summary:

Sang Woon memory is now awaken after being stabbed by Eul-Tea man where she get the scar just like her twin sister now.

Hwal is probably evil Bulgasal 1000 years ago and kill Sang Woon family. Probably she stabbed him and after that he is reborn 600 years ago. Before his death, 1000 years old Eul-Tea come to see Hwal before he die and take his heart + turned him into Bulgasal. My theory is Sang Woon and Eul Tea become Bulgasal 1000 years ago after meeting Hwal.

600 years ago the table turned and they killed Hwal family. 

Eul Tea mentioned Sang Woon is Hwal one-sided love and he did everything to save her again (probably something happen 1000 years ago when Hwal killed entire village/Sang Woon family)

One scene makes me feel funny, why Hwal face and expression like someone cheated his wife when Si Ho asked Hwal to take care of his sister. I think this vibe is not really favorable in conservative country in Korea/Asia especially when they put Hwal-Sang Woon vibe like lovers that always be together. Of course, this is drama but not putting cheesy love line/long stare will make this drama more exciting in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Kathia said:

What I don't understand is why Hwal doesn't behave the same now since the show implied that their personalities remain the same as their past lives. Basically, everyone on this show has the same personality, the good people remain good, while the bad people remain bad. If Hwal was truly evil before, then how come he is good now?

Probably he didn't have memory of 1000 years ago just like Sang Woon don't have any memory about the past. 

Still waiting what factor will triggered Hwal memory 1000 years ago. Maybe will be revealed next week since we only have four episode left. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, orion00 said:

Probably he didn't have memory of 1000 years ago just like Sang Woon don't have any memory about the past. 

Still waiting what factor will triggered Hwal memory 1000 years ago. Maybe will be revealed next week since we only have four episode left. 

Thanks. Yes, that makes sense. So, we were right that the one without memory that would kill everybody if the memory returned (what the shaman spoke about) was Hwal and not Sang Woon.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, orion00 said:

Ok, done watching episode 12. Summary:

Sang Woon memory is now awaken after being stabbed by Eul-Tea man where she get the scar just like her twin sister now.

Hwal is probably evil Bulgasal 1000 years ago and kill Sang Woon family. Probably she stabbed him and after that he is reborn 600 years ago. Before his death, 1000 years old Eul-Tea come to see Hwal before he die and take his heart + turned him into Bulgasal. My theory is Sang Woon and Eul Tea become Bulgasal 1000 years ago after meeting Hwal.

600 years ago the table turned and they killed Hwal family. 

I think SW was already Bulga when she stabbed Hwal 1000 years ago. If you pause, you can see her red eyes. Also, If hwal as Bulgasal was to die, his counter pair had to die too. Perhaps they both stabbed each other and were dying, so at his dying moment, he made ET Bulga so that SW would still live. That would sorta explain why she could 'curse' his scar before he died and would save him as a kid 

• Like 6

I get a conclusion that both of  their memory can't be trusted. Sang woon remembers that Hwal is the one who killed everyone on the scene 1000 years ago  but on the preview Hwal said that on his dream, Sang woon is the one who standing around so many corpses. I feel that the actual scene will be different.

Dang...Today ET acted like He has one love side toward Hwal :w00t:

The way how He kept begging Hwal to not leave him LOL

At this rate, DY,SH, shaman lady become annoying. They whine to go back to old house without thinking about the consequence. Next episode They will be hostages and Hwal needs to save them.

Interesting point that ET said Hwal has one sided love toward Sang woon 1000 years ago and decided to save Her like  today. What if the villagers tried to harm Sang Woon so Hwal killed all of them.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 5

ep12 ending was such a story changer..

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

given the usual twisted half truth half lie from Eul Tae.. lady bulgasal could be the one-sided love for Hwal who was the evil bulgasal 1000yrs ago..?

if Eul Tae is a half bulgasal, doesn’t the stabbing each other’s heart at the same time might not work?

or maybe, if Eul Tae dies, Sang Woon could unleash her full bulgasal power?

whatever the case, i cannot accept Hwal is a bad bulgasal.. i need to be alone right now..

Halloween No GIF by happydog

just joking.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

One comment about the ML, he is hotter  1000 and 600 years ago compared to the current one. Maybe it just me.. lol

He really good in wearing historic costume. Maybe if they change his hair style at the modern world he might looks very good. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

14 minutes ago, illay said:

I get a conclusion that both of  their memory can't be trusted. Sang woon remembers that Hwal is the one who killed everyone on the scene 1000 years ago  but on the preview Hwal said that on his dream, Sang woon is the one who standing around so many corpses. I feel that the actual scene will be different.

maybe they tried to kill her...I'm sure ET had something to do...he blamed bulgasal for his brother death...if Hwal loved her he went to save her and killed everybody...i agree with the ones that say he turned ET in bulgasal to save her life,maybe she was prisoner

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

@illay I love your last point. Afterall it was ET that told his father Bulga killed his brother. Maybe thats what he meant by Hwal choosing to save her. Perhaps he had a plan to be bulgalady equivalent with hwal when SW was 'captured', instead Hwal saved the day, and made ET and SW the bulga pair instead because he didnt want SW to die

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, illay said:

Interesting point that ET said Hwal has one sided love toward Sang woon 1000 years ago and decided to save Her like  today. What if the villagers tried to harm Sang Woon so Hwal killed all of them.

I think ET was the cause of misunderstandings 1000 years ago. Probably after seeing her stop ET from hurting the passerby who witnessed him killing his brother, he told where to find her and they kind of hurt her. So when she was unconscious, Hwal was there to rescue her but instead maybe she saw him killing the villagers in anger. Well, eventhough villagers stabbed her or stone her to death, they can't kill her as she was bulgasal(now that we know how to get them killed) so she when she woke up she was angry. 

Probably Hwal was angry for hurting his other half but I don't think it was upto the extent of killing them or maybe he was ?We know he gets angry if anyone touches his loved ones. Yeah I agree she stabbed Bulgasal Hwal + killing her in the process and in facing death Hwal decided to save Sang Woon by stealing Eul Tae's soul.

So we saw how to steal a soul, rip/stab the heart and get the soul. Maybe there is a clue to this. 

So in order to kill the soul, is to stab the heart and destroy the soul as well. 

20 minutes ago, orion00 said:

One comment about the ML, he is hotter  1000 and 600 years ago compared to the current one. Maybe it just me.. lol

He really good in wearing historic costume. Maybe if they change his hair style at the modern world he might looks very good. 

I totally agree. Haha. Lee Jin Wook definitely looks good earlier, 1000 years ago and 600 years ago.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

I'm glad a lot of us here are in agreement that that flashback at the end of ep 12 could be another misunderstanding/red herring. The crumbs they give really have us scratching our heads and doubting ourselves, huh. Anyway, the idea of an evil Hwal is great but I honestly doubt that's the whole picture. Eul Tae has most likely been messing with our two bulgasals since the start (and whenever he stares at that painting he's always in between them, hmmm). So yeah, I agree with you all.  That initial scene with ET begging Hwalgasal to be powerful and Hwalgasal taking his soul seemed to be after that massacre at the end of the episode. If what ET really said is (half) true that he had an unrequited love with Sanggasal and that he is choosing her again, then perhaps taking ET's soul and forming that black hole was an act of love/sacrifice by Hwalgasal to save Sanggasal? I don't know, but something sure is rotten in the state of Goryeo...

2 hours ago, Kathia said:

Exactly, which is why I'm doubting that he's evil from that flashback. I still think both Hwalgasal and Sanggasal were good dieties at heart but something (or someone, cough cough) caused a rift between them and setting all this off. And for what? I want to know! Lol.

Also, I guess it's confirmed now that the soul at the heart of this story is really Eul Tae's. So all these people connected are because of his karma, not Hwal's. I hope they show us how Ms. Lee, Do Yoon and Si Ho are also connected to him. I see theories about how DY/SH were the two witnesses to his brother's murder, that "red thread" he pulled out of SH's hair at the house, his affection for DY...

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1