[Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살

larus

I think Eul Tae said half-truth and half-lie. The truth was probably the "pair" and how bulgasals die (the pair's hearts have to be stabbed at the same time since they're "one"). The lie was Hwal wanting to become a bulgasal. Eul Tae, who was a greedy human, was actually the one who wanted to become a bulgasal.

I do wonder if Hwal reincarnated during the 400 years timeline (the gap between 1000 and 600 years ago) and was hunted, just like Sang Woon was during the last 600 years. That would explain why she saved him as a child twice (it looked like she was his guardian). So this leaves us with one question, did she actually pierce him with the sword to save him from that horrible cycle of rebirth?

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

@Kathia I think Hwal's reincarnation should not be hunted yet by the monsters on the 400 years gap period. The monsters started to take revenge after they were killed. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZDPH-EvA3x/?utm_medium=copy_link

new video still about 1000 years ago. 

On ep 11 when Sang woon asked what Hwal wanted to say to DY....why She seems to be startled after hearing it? She was awkward & in a little bit teary..Anyone can enlighten me?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chickfactor said:

I love this show. It's so freaking weird! It just has this manic energy... which is magnified 100x whenever Joon Lee appears on screen.

Kwon Nara's neck is so long! Is that why everyone is always grabbing her neck? :lol:

+1 for Lee Joon

Batman Clap GIF

5 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

And Hwal said I love you to her eh wow.

err.. misconception haha its only him practising what he wanted to say to Do Yoon in front of Sang Woon

hahaha they made it cleverly for us to guess, wrongly! she was just taken aback that he had only wanted to say “i didn’t hate you. i love you.” to Achan who is now Do Yoon..

Melissa Villasenor Oops GIF by Saturday Night Live

2 hours ago, Kathia said:

I think Eul Tae said half-truth and half-lie. The truth was probably the "pair" and how bulgasals die (the pair's hearts have to be stabbed at the same time since they're "one"). The lie was Hwal wanting to become a bulgasal. Eul Tae, who was a greedy human, was actually the one who wanted to become a bulgasal.

i agree on this.. i also think the original bulgasal pair is Hwal and Lady Bulgasal.. Hwal must have pitied Eul Tae or tricked to trading his bulgasal status

with him.. but how? both stabbing each other to trade like how Lady Bulgasal and Hwal stabbed each other to exchange the soul?

==

side note to the scene at the well..

Eul Tae told Hwal he could cut off his head and let him stare at his motionless body for a few hundred years..

THATS FREAKING SCARY FOR A BULGASAL

omo.. dark joke!

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, illay said:

@Kathia 

On ep 11 when Sang woon asked what Hwal wanted to say to DY....why She seems to be startled after hearing it? She was awkward & in a little bit teary..Anyone can enlighten me?

Netflix butchered the translation. What he really said was, "I don't hate you. I love you," which is why Sang Un was surprised because it was as if he was saying it to her. She's in deep for him.

Ep 11 had some big revelations at the end but man, the crumbs we've been getting are starting to frustrate me?? Just show us the origin story!!! I can't be dragged for 4 more episodes of this (even though I'll stick through it). Sigh. That said, Eul Tae probably spoke some truth but I still don't trust the man. Whatever he says I always feel like I'm being gaslighted lol.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I just got the translation for the video still and it seems it's not eul tae who hurt Hwal on the scene. 

ET: wake up..

Please say something..

I always want to talk to you...

I wait for u....

I will repay everything...don't u want that? Please wake up and tell me what should I do to become like u...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, illay said:

I just got the translation for the video still and it seems it's not eul tae who hurt Hwal on the scene. 

ET: wake up..

Please say something..

I always want to talk to you...

I wait for u....

I will repay everything...don't u want that? Please wake up and tell me what should I do to become like u...

Was it just me or was that.... the original dark hole on.....???

Edited by JustforBulgasal
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, mysticmango said:

"I don't hate you. I love you," which is why Sang Un was surprised because it was as if he was saying it to her. She's in deep for him.

I already think their romance is awful but that part really annoyed me, why try to make something that was supposed to be about is son into something romantic, way to ruin the moment.

• Like 3

From the start we knew that is the story:Hwal feelings change from hate into love...they both are such complex characters...they do have a past... what if they were a couple ?Some sort of ZEUS and HERA?

• Like 4

I guess romance was not what they wanted to focus on initially as Hwal was a married man in the current life, though 600 yrs ago but he did and to complicate things further Sang Un's sister. Romance probably only once they both get their memories from 1000 years ago and Si Ho has clarified that she has no feelings or whatsoever for Hwal. Unlike how her feelings was for Do Yoon, they have a strong bond. Same like how it was for Detective Kwon. 

Figuring out how Hwal + Sang Un can kill Eul Tae!

Since Eul Tae was human, a bulgasal wannabe, he gets hurt when Sang Un gets hurt but no when Hwal gets hurt as the remaining piece of his souls is in Sang Un, so choices are 

1. Sang Un needs to turn him to human and she becomes a bulgasal then kill him or just leave him to die. That is forgiving and not getting revenge like how Do Yoon wanted.

2. Sang Un gets Eul Tae weak by getting hurt. Hwal then delivering the final blow for both of them, but will it work as his pair is still Sang Un and she has Eul Tae's soul.

Seems to me somehow Sang Un has to die, either to turn to a bulgasal or die as human. 

I think it would be cooler for her to turn as bulgasal. 

Hopefully I'm wrong and the writer gets creative to come up with a better ending.... I'm going to be sad if Sang Un dies. She wanted to see Si Ho's child and enjoy life with her family. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

Lee Jin Wook And Kwon Nara Slowly Bridge The Distance Between Them In “Bulgasal”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 23, 2022
by C. Hong

Lee Jin Wook and Kwon Nara are slowly bridging the distance caused by years of bitter revenge in tvN’s “Bulgasal.”

Spoilers

In the previous episode of “Bulgasal,” Dan Hwal (Lee Jin Wook) and Min Sang Woon (Kwon Nara) began to show changes in their feelings for each other. Dan Hwal realized that the person who killed his family 600 years ago was Ok Eul Tae (Lee Joon), and apologized to Kwon Nara, saying, “I’m sorry for hating and loathing you for 600 years.” As Dan Hwal jumped into danger, Min Sang Woon realized that she doesn’t want to lose him.

As Dan Hwal learned more about Min Sang Woon and how she takes care of the people around her with her warm heart, his feelings for her changed to compassion and confusion. He began to separate the bulgasal woman from the past with this woman that he sees before him now. He became more comfortable about realizing that she was not the target of his revenge, even smiling at her jokes.

In the new stills, Dan Hwal and Min Sang Woon get physically and emotionally closer, but there is an ambiguous tension that lingers in the air. Min Sang Woon appears injured after the fight between Dan Hwal and Ok Eul Tae, and Dan Hwal takes it upon himself to help her recover. As she sleeps, he gazes down at her softly. In one still, the two are together in the bathroom as he carefully wipes the blood from her neck in a gentle, almost lover-like embrace.

kwon-nara-lee-jin-wook-bulgasal.jpeg

Spoiler

lee-jin-wook-bulgasal.jpeg

kwon-nara-bulgasal.jpeg

lee-jin-wook-kwon-nara-bulgasal.jpeg

The production staff stated, “A new clue will emerge in the relationship between Dan Hwal and Min Sang Woon a thousand years ago. There could be a twist in the story that you’ve followed until now, so please watch while making your own theories.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1509595wpp/lee-jin-wook-and-kwon-nara-slowly-bridge-the-distance-between-them-in-bulgasal

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, andy78 said:

Hwal the one take Ok Eul-Tae heart!!!confirmed he was bulgasal!

I THINK THATS WHY HE GOT THE DARK HOLE!!!

and ET went around all these time blaming Sang Woon is the culprit LOL.

Seems to me Hwal originally is not a kind bulgasal like  Sang Woon? 

• Like 3

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살