[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] You Are My Hero 你是我的城池营垒

sugarplum892

I am soooooo addicted to this drama. Waiting for new episodes is truly a torture... 

I loved how they met in first episode. How he gently tried to calm her down in such a hard situation. 

I think the earthquake scenes were interesting , and how they all co-operate together .... and i don't easily cry with dramas but when he confessed when they were stuck down there,  I had tears in my eyes. He is such a good man.

It is IMO more realistic in showing their jobs than DOTS. 

Their chemistry is amazing and they are supportive of each other and adorable together...

Relationship goals tbh.

• Like 3

Just as i love - Love is Sweet, where their weakness is the 2nd lead story, its the same with this drama!

Wenbao! Like seriously?? Im at ep24 and pulling my hair at his reluctance to acknowledge Xia... while Xia, u blockhead... just leave and find another person... why threw youself worthlessly to Wenbao.. the man is NOT budging.. I repeat NOT Budging! 

I just like dramas where men are in uniform and this drama actions are interesting so far (except the prolonged earthquake scene)...

Helps that Bai Jingting is new to me and looks so cute.. haha

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

At first I thought the story's good but ML and FL are not so handsome/pretty... 2 episodes later, kelei looks sooo handsome and mika is just radiates true beauty and happiness, makes me browse for their previous dramas :wub:

I love how natural each character in this drama and how everything takes time and process (even shu wenbo with his snail pace), Kelei and Mika's conflicts are understandable and feel just right.

The earthquake relief is such a good thing to point out the dynamic between their works, so looking forward to Thursday!

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Just as i love - Love is Sweet, where their weakness is the 2nd lead story, its the same with this drama!

Wenbao! Like seriously?? Im at ep24 and pulling my hair at his reluctance to acknowledge Xia... while Xia, u blockhead... just leave and find another person... why threw youself worthlessly to Wenbao.. the man is NOT budging.. I repeat NOT Budging! 

I just like dramas where men are in uniform and this drama actions are interesting so far (except the prolonged earthquake scene)...

Oh true. It was one of LIS's weak points. I skipped every 2nd leads moments even more skipping when I rewatch it. Haha

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

@realistic2280a

I totally agree with you about Xia. If it wasn't her persistentness, WSB wouldn't have showed his *some jealousy.

But what if Xia gave up on WSB when they came back after the earthquake aid? Would he still feel the same way when LF said he's going to ask her out? 

LF tried so hard to court her....unfortunately he has a player reputation which turned Xia off.  I like his character too....super friendly and willing to help friends out but doesn't look like he's going to end up with anyone. Poor guy!

I'm still on team WSB! 

Wish they had a bit more kissing scenes between XKL and MK since their last kiss. 

I would have like to see a bit more affection. Hopefully there will he in the future episodes. 

@Zay❤️

I just watched the first 2 episodes of DOTS...and I can believe the spark between the FL and ML ignited so quickly. 

Does anyone know how to pronounce XKL's name in cantonese?

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

On 3/30/2021 at 11:56 PM, NYXbaby said:

@realistic2280a

I totally agree with you about Xia. If it wasn't her persistentness, WSB wouldn't have showed his *some jealousy.

But what if Xia gave up on WSB when they came back after the earthquake aid? Would he still feel the same way when LF said he's going to ask her out? 

LF tried so hard to court her....unfortunately he has a player reputation which turned Xia off.  I like his character too....super friendly and willing to help friends out but doesn't look like he's going to end up with anyone. Poor guy!

I'm still on team WSB! 

Hehe..i do realise it is  just how the writers wanted the actors to act like that...

No sane man would refuse Xia, pretty  and presistant... but well, it is a drama.. i just wish it doesnt need to show - how desperately it wanted  Xia win Wen Shenbao's heart... What did Shenbao ever do to her to make her fall madly on him???? What? Showing her around the police complex???? Ridiculous! Totally insane!

I bet modern, educated city women in China wouldnt let a man do that to her.. im sure they have their picks of men esp in Xia's line of work...haha

• Like 1

@realistic2280a I think Wen Bo has his insecurities, or past failed relationships (?) and can't believe,  that such a wonderful girl is head over heels about him. And he is too logical and can't deal with the conflict between his head and his heart. Which explains why he was running in the rain and getting drunk. He is torn between his head and his heart, and the conflict is causing him to behave like that towards her. As she chastised him, for someone who wants to make me happy, you have made me cry so much. I think we could say he needs to work on his EQ and lacks experience in handling relationships. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

@realistic2280a I think Wen Bo has his insecurities, or past failed relationships (?) and can't believe,  that such a wonderful girl is head over heels about him. And he is too logical and can't deal with the conflict between his head and his heart. Which explains why he was running in the rain and getting drunk. He is torn between his head and his heart, and the conflict is causing him to behave like that towards her. As she chastised him, for someone who wants to make me happy, you have made me cry so much. I think we could say he needs to work on his EQ and lacks experience in handling relationships. 

Maybe...yet when he was drunk, he said he just want to get married.. he didnt have any experience in romance...

I mean fine, u havent experience it, but acting like an a*s*s*  is not helping u experience ur first romance. We know Xia has been presistent with him...until when will we get him out of his shell? ...is it really worth the effort for Xia when there is a man also waiting for her... sigh...

I mean, the drama shouldnt drag their issue, for what, 20 episodes long ? right... im sure there are other scenes which can be shown about their work, sacrifices and romance. 

Even Dr. Shao's ( i dont get why the subs says Mr most of the time) relationship with Kelei's sister looks better. 

Im at a place where, i would simply fwd the scenes of the 2nd leads... i dont want to waste time on bad plot.. haha

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Ep27 of the KeLei's surgery looks too easy,  simple, and fast... 

Now i want to know more about Dr Shao and Kenyo's relationship progression. Thats far more interesting than Wenbao and Xia - gave up on them already :D

@realistic2280a

Regarding ep 27, I was thinking the same too! They must have put an incision on his head somewhere. He wasn't even bandaged up after they operated on him. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, NYXbaby said:

@realistic2280a

Regarding ep 27, I was thinking the same too! They must have put an incision on his head somewhere. He wasn't even bandaged up after they operated on him. 

Right...my thoughts exactly! :D

I mean seriously, a head surgery right... not a speck of his hair was removed... (though i love to have his hair intact, haha)...

In such cases that is why,  in a comparison with Korean medical dramas, i think Koreans has a better edge over the Chinese medical drama. The korean surgeries looks so real and better in graphic ... 

Waiting for the next episode 31 airing and subbed...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NYXbaby said:

@realistic2280a

Someone previously mentioned that he opted for the non-invasive surgery and not the craniotomy.

• Like 2

There was a surgery regardless...No matter how non-invasive, im not sure how they open the head, and take the tumour out from the brain; the tumour which was considered *large* and *located at a very difficult position on the brain*..... :o

Regardless, we like that KeLei is up and about and trying to get back to his old self especially as the head of his special unit squad :D

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

There was a surgery regardless...No matter how non-invasive, im not sure how they open the head, and take the tumour out from the brain; the tumour which was considered *large* and *located at a very difficult position on the brain*..... :o

I think it's mentioned in the drama it's done through the nose. (Someone did some research and wrote an article about it, there's a real case of 4.6cm tumour taken out via non invasive surgery, so 5cm is possible IMO) Technically there should probably be something on his nose to show that he did a surgery but oh well.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 7:19 AM, skibbies said:

I think it's mentioned in the drama it's done through the nose. (Someone did some research and wrote an article about it, there's a real case of 4.6cm tumour taken out via non invasive surgery, so 5cm is possible IMO) Technically there should probably be something on his nose to show that he did a surgery but oh well.

I cant imagine it... via the nose.. when the nose is quite small and one has to use the tools....how do the doctors move  their equipments to take the tumour out?...

Sigh, nvm... most important thing is... XKL is happy handsome and young.. just like we want him to be... hehe... 

• Like 2

Hello hello chingus!  @NYXbaby @realistic2280a @skibbies@whome @SC2019@Zay❤️

my previous above for episodes 31-37 was blocked by YT, you can still access them on my twitter account.  Sorry been away, bear with me if I'm writing a novel here.  Please just skip if you don't wanna read.

When watching the drama on WeTV, it is so funny how everyone keep asking for kisses.  TBH, I totally love the show that it is only after that I get to ask when will be the next kiss.

I love MK and KL's relationship.  They are so meant for each other.  I just wish we could have a wedding scene to cap this drama.  We are on our finale week now. Thinking about it, I can't seem to let go of YAMH yet.  It's a different kind of show, it makes me happy while watching it.  What I really love about it is it's more realistic that others out there.  Most of what happened in the show can actually happen in real life. Well since this is a drama we can understand that there can be some exaggeration.  Over-all I totally love this show.  TBH I had been rewatching it already.  Talk about withdrawal syndrome.  

OH and I really love how deep and that tinie bit of accent on his voice, not really sure tho if he has or just his kind of voice.  BJT's voice goes a bit different in different situations but I love every time I hear his voice, especially the angry one (I'm not normal lols).  His voice is a lot clearer than Deng Lun who had a very heavy accent.  BJT/Kelei's voice is so sexy and manly.  Not yet a fan of BJT but I can be Xing Kelei's club president hahaha.

Uhm, about our 2nd OTP, I really like them but it's true that it's taking a really long time for their story to kick start.  Well, Xia had been kicking it but Wenbo is so stubborn.  Poor Lu Feng, he has no chances even from the start.  I'm team WB since this started.  Sometimes tho I wann kick Wenbo cuz I can't really get why his acting the way he does and Xia as well for sticking it out with WB when it seems like a futile effort.

On the surgery, even if it was mentioned that the surgery will non-invasive and would be coursed through his nose, I still find it odd how there wasn't even a cut so I check on it and it's actually a real life procedure.

See notes on spoiler

Spoiler

Thanks to advances in imaging technology and surgical instruments, skilled neurosurgeons can now perform minimally invasive procedures (also called keyhole craniotomies) to remove brain tumors. These procedures offer many benefits for patients over surgeries with larger incisions that require parts of the skull to be removed.

Benefits include:

• Faster recovery time
  • Lower risk of pain
  • Lower risk of bleeding
  • Lower risk of infection
  • Smaller scars

For your minimally invasive surgery, your neurosurgeon will select the best way to approach your tumor based on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of your brain. They may be able to perform the surgery through an incision beneath your eyebrow, through your nostrils, behind your ear, or through other small incisions in your skull.

Our experienced neurosurgeons perform minimally invasive and endoscopic brain tumor resections using the latest imaging technology. We use these advanced approaches whenever possible to improve your treatment and recovery.

umiamihealth.org

this is commonly known as keyhole craniotomy

What is keyhole surgery for brain tumors?
Keyhole surgery is the concept of safely removing brain & skull base tumors through smaller, more precise openings that minimize collateral damage to the surrounding scalp, brain, blood vessels, and nerves.

Fortunately, given advances over the last two decades in technology and instrumentation, as well as, improved brain and skull base anatomical understanding, a majority of brain and skull base tumors can now be removed via one of these approaches using a small craniotomy (bony skull opening) or an approach through the nostrils.

https://www.pacificneuroscienceinstitute.org/brain-tumor/treatment/minimally-invasive-brain-surgery/

Last week's episode 29 showed as the climax of the tension on the Xing Kelei illness arc, when he got angry with Mi Ka and misunderstood her telling WB about his shaking hands.  I was thinking that Keyao Jie had been very helpful since he made Kelei realize his wrongs.  I am happy that Kelei is quick to act and ask for Mika's apology on the matter.  If Keyao jie is the evil in-law then the couple's problem might have been blown out of proportion but thankfully it's not part of the plot lols.  Another thing I love about the show is there are only easy conflicts or rather conflicts quickly resolved.

So I have watch already ep 31-32 and all the time I've fuming over the new arc they introduced in the drama. 

My thoughts on spoiler

Spoiler

We have these two "mei-mei" who came and barge into Kelei gege's home (not literally, they waited outside).  The first time I saw them they spelled trouble and they did.  Mika is very confident with her relationship with Kelei that is evident in this episode.  Kelei as we've seen really loves Mika deeply and truly.  As the saying goes, a tiny drop of water can put a hole in a stone. When rumors in the hospital schemed by this two, Mika got hurt and annoyed which in turn made Kelei worried.  I'm just glad that Kelei is quick and smart and was able to put off these gossips circulating among the hospital staff.

We're finally getting some action from Wenbo after he's pushed by an almost fistfight with Lu Feng.

• Like 3

Relationships are always evolving..we keep chiseling away obstacles or stones thrown at us bit by bit and when both parties are equally committed to the vision of their relationship ...voila , love and smiles and giggles are the rewards :)  I am ready for at least 3 weddings and if our cutie pie Lu Feng does not have a date I will volunteer . 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Ok....I'm halfway into ep 31. What's with those two sisters!?!? The older one should be calling XKL dede instead! She looks way older XKL. IMO.  Looks like older sister wants to be a home wrecker! Evil!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

@nonski I am rewatching older episodes too. I love to go back and pay closer attention to details haha.

I am extremely satisfied with how there are few kisses here. Their hugs were better. Not saying the kisses were bad but I love their hugs more tbh. And they were not just putting hands around each other, they had sweet hugs. Idk how to explain but I am happy they were put together for the drama.

I heard about BJT before but I didn't know he was so popular. He has over 28.8mil followers on Weibo and he actually looks waaaay better with longer hair. I think he had to cut it for the show. 

He has such good photos in his weibo. Model material tbh.

• Like 2