[Drama 2021-2022] Now, We Are Breaking Up, 지금, 헤어지는 중입니다

twtwb

6 hours ago, Pitchoum said:

6 hours ago, Pitchoum said:

From her description she was interested in YJG but it passed, but when she met HYE, her feelings will come back. She will creat trouble between HYE and YJG. So she is interested in YJG in a romantic way.

Oh is that so? I'm not reading her description chara just her chart..but why she know about YE though?from JG mom?

Its only just 2epi,but the breaking up ending make me anxious..if the writer want to make YE n JG go separate ways,I hope its not only them :sweat_smile: 

• Like 3

I can not believe French soccer  team is trending 2nd on Naver after NWBU  lol. Plus what a coincidence with scene in Paris in this ep and the previous ep where they spoke french

13 minutes ago, redbeanbuns said:

Oh is that so? I'm not reading her description chara just her chart..but why she know about YE though?from JG mom?

Its only just 2epi,but the breaking up ending make me anxious..if the writer want to make YE n JG go separate ways,I hope its not only them :sweat_smile: 

She is a longtime and really close friend of Jae Guk's family  so she must have know who his brother was dating  and going to married. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Pitchoum said:

It bother me to not know if she knows he is dead or not even with the preview. When he had his accident, Young Eun was waiting for him, and then she left because he did not come. While she is walking you see car being towed and going on the opposite of her direction.

I really hope she will know it Jae Guk's older brother at the end of ep 3

My thought i guess YE doesn't know JG brother is already dead. Can't wait for the next episode.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, redbeanbuns said:

I don't know about the description.

My guess is: HYE and YJG's brother loved each other very much, but his mother didn't accept this relationship and forced him to marry this woman Shin Yoo Jung. HYE and YJG's brother wanted to run away together. She threw everything away because of him and was waiting for him in the rain, while the accident happend. He died on the way to her but she didn't know about his death. Maybe she thought, he just regreted it and was cowardly so he didn't come. So she lost faith in love and men.

Shin Yoo Jung may be the fiancée or wife of YJG's brother back then. So she knew about HYE.

His family blamed her for his death because if he didn't drive to her, he didn't have the accident. But YJG said to his mother, if she had accepted his brother's love, his brother would be alive...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, tlireal said:

My guess is: HYE and YJG's brother loved each other very much, but his mother didn't accept this relationship and forced him to marry this woman Shin Yoo Jung. HYE and YJG's brother wanted to run away together. She threw everything away because of him and was waiting for him in the rain, while the accident happend. He died on the way to her but she didn't know about his death. Maybe she thought, he just regreted it and was cowardly so he didn't come. So she lost faith in love and men.

Shin Yoo Jung may be the fiancée or wife of YJG's brother back then. So she knew about HYE.

His family blamed her for his death because if he didn't drive to her, he didn't have the accident. But YJG said to his mother, if she had accepted his brother's love, his brother would be alive...

I'm pretty much agree with u at some point..but rather than elope together,I think YE n SW just wanna talk something important about their relationship..YE quite ambitious about her being designer n make her parents happy,so to drop everything,its not so her plus she own CS father a favor for give her all she need to be a designer (given her opportunity to work in the one n paid her tuition in college as a favor to help CS in her studies)

I think yoo jeong either is SW fiancee that love him but he refused or she is SW fiancee but love JG instead but she couldn't refused their families will..

• Like 3

SBS’s new drama “Now We Are Breaking Up” is on the rise!

On November 13, the new romance drama starring Song Hye Kyo and Jang Ki Yong saw a significant increase in viewership from its premiere the night before. According to Nielsen Korea, the second episode of “Now We Are Breaking Up” earned an average nationwide rating of 8.0 percent and a peak of 10.5 percent.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/now-we-are-breaking-up-ratings-rise-for-2nd-episode-jirisan-takes-1st-place-in-time-slot/#ixzz7C9y6IPsQ

• Like 3

9 hours ago, tlireal said:

7 hours ago, redbeanbuns said:

I'm pretty much agree with u at some point..but rather than elope together,I think YE n SW just wanna talk something important about their relationship..YE quite ambitious about her being designer n make her parents happy,so to drop everything,its not so her plus she own CS father a favor for give her all she need to be a designer (given her opportunity to work in the one n paid her tuition in college as a favor to help CS in her studies)

I think yoo jeong either is SW fiancee that love him but he refused or she is SW fiancee but love JG instead but she couldn't refused their families will..

I personnally do not have any theory because they are always wrong. But this is Shin Yoo Jeong description. You can noted that YJG's brother is not a part of the description like he never existed. She was not the wife or fiance of Jae Guk's brother, after their parents could have arragned a blind date for them, but she only had eyes for Jae Guk apparently.

I only hope Young Eun will know Jae Guk is her ex brother and know he is dead by the end of ep 4. I am gonna hate it if it will be longer.

SYG description 

Spoiler

40 years old, General manager of Hill department store

If Britain has Kate Middleton, Korea has Shin Yoo-jung.
She is the only daughter of the Hills group and boasts over 600,000 Instagram followers.
Shin Yoo-jung is a true influencer of our time.
She has her own sense of running a department store and discovering trends.
And the dignity of the intellect that is not revealed, but is exuded.
In addition, voluntary service. She is an influencer of our time with both intelligence and personality. 

the relationship  with Jaeguk between family and her family was built 10 years ago 
Each time Jaeguk comes to Korea once a year, he comfortably asks for her regards.
Then, one day, at the request of Jae-guk, she attended a new product launch event for <The One>.
After participating, she meets Ha Young-eun. 

"I thought it was an outdated love. I thought the fad was over."
However, through meeting Young-eun and Jae-guk with her, forgotten feelings come back.
At a time when retro is fashionable.

All the story confuse me a lot and it annoye me a lot too. I hate to be lost and not understand. They clearly did not film episodes in order because scene from episodes 2 was filmed before ep 1. Song Hye Kyo and Jang Ki Yong met for the first time in Busan where  all the ep 1 was filming.  From BTS info, they filmed in Busan more than 1 month after they started filming. It feel they filmed scenes by scene but not episode from episode. I mean scene that will be at the end might have been filming at the begining etc. 

There is a scene where both SHK and JKY wore brown coat and from the trailer seems those scenes are in the first part of the serie. But They filmed with the same clothes at the police station around the time they filmed episode 14/15. Also, it is the same cloth were SHK and JKY are really close in a back office.

The highlight trailer has multiple episodes  in it, I thought it was a couple of ethem or at the very least 4 episode, but seems it is more. Sehun is in it while he only appear in ep 4,  the fashion show must be in ep 4 or after. Ha Young Eun's father will retired in 1 month, so the scene with Ha Young Eun's parents and Jae Guk at his retirement ceremory must be after ep 4. Same with Jae Guk and Young Eun being happy together and him almost living with her, it must be after episode 4. In the trailer there is a scene where Young Eun pass by Jae Guk in a story with her assistant and do not even look at him, She is wearing the same top than the scene where she is upset to Chi Sook and told her she is not fine. And Chi Sook told her she liked it before, she knows her for 20 years. It does not seems from ep 3.

From what we saw in ep 1 and 2 they do not wear that many differents clothes. Ep 3 seems to be Jae Guk trying to find more about his brother and Young Eun relationship and Young Eun resolving again a problem at the company after Chi Sook's father being mad at her again. 

It feel like Young Eun is scoled  instead of Chi Sook.

• Like 2

@Pitchoum wow, u remember that much..i even don't remember anything about their looks in photo leaks..

Its understandable that most drama not shoot based on episodes.. especially with JKY enlistment,they have limited time to shoot with him,so logically they would finish all important sequence that need him on screen..n of course the ending have been shoot although there is few other shoot that not finish yet..n it proofed by SHK,CHS,KJH n PHJ was few of actors n actresses that still shooting after JKY enlistment..

For me its one of the joy watching a drama.. have many theories going on about storyline although maybe is not accurate at all :sparklyeyes: n right now yoo jeong is chara that I'm curious about.. oh, I even have my own ending that I want in my head right know,hahaha.. 

I basically a happy ending addict,so my theory for the ending might far different from the writer that have tendencies really realistic although it has to be sad ending instead..

So,this one of my dream ending for NWBU,YE n JG breaking up..they go separate ways..n one of them moving back to paris,I prefer JG n YE resign from the one n building her own line clothing..after few years they still hold on their feeling for each other n YE brave enough to find JG but not knowing where he goes cz he doesn't tell anybody where he is, except DH..n with much persuasion DH let YE know where JG..n at long story short they meet in paris, in the same place as the first time YE bought JG photo,face to face..n yeah they basically comeback together n they spend 19+ or maybe 21+ :cries3: night together,cz why not,haha n they live happily together..

Yeah,don't mind me guys..u can skip this :sweat_smile: wonder how many times do I have to repeat epi 1-2 until Friday..

• Like 3
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, redbeanbuns said:

@Pitchoum wow, u remember that much..i even don't remember anything about their looks in photo leaks..

Its understandable that most drama not shoot based on episodes.. especially with JKY enlistment,they have limited time to shoot with him,so logically they would finish all important sequence that need him on screen..n of course the ending have been shoot although there is few other shoot that not finish yet..n it proofed by SHK,CHS,KJH n PHJ was few of actors n actresses that still shooting after JKY enlistment..

For me its one of the joy watching a drama.. have many theories going on about storyline although maybe is not accurate at all :sparklyeyes: n right now yoo jeong is chara that I'm curious about.. oh, I even have my own ending that I want in my head right know,hahaha.. 

I basically a happy ending addict,so my theory for the ending might far different from the writer that have tendencies really realistic although it has to be sad ending instead..

So,this one of my dream ending for NWBU,YE n JG breaking up..they go separate ways..n one of them moving back to paris,I prefer JG n YE resign from the one n building her own line clothing..after few years they still hold on their feeling for each other n YE brave enough to find JG but not knowing where he goes cz he doesn't tell anybody where he is, except DH..n with much persuasion DH let YE know where JG..n at long story short they meet in paris, in the same place as the first time YE bought JG photo,face to face..n yeah they basically comeback together n they spend 19+ or maybe 21+ :cries3: night together,cz why not,haha n they live happily together..

Yeah,don't mind me guys..u can skip this :sweat_smile: wonder how many times do I have to repeat epi 1-2 until Friday..

I like your story or at least open end!!:sparklyeyes:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I just finished the 2 episodes.  Love it!  Wow.  This thread is really buzzing......  good!

This drama is moving very fast.  I like the  vibes it gives.  Even if there are angst, I don't think it will be very bad.

I agree with most of  you:

- Ha Young Eun is clearly the ex-girlfriend of YJG's older brother.

- Shin Yoo Jung is still a mystery to me.  Who she really is.  The girl YJG's mum has chosen for his eldest son? Yes. That is the biggest probability now.

- The Photo on Ha Young Eun's mobile is  YJG's works when he was still a budding photographer in Paris.  They are meant for each other.  I won't be surprise if they end up happily together.

- YJG's mother is Kyo's mother-in-law in "Encounter".  And she is here to give trouble to KYO i.e. Young Eun again 

-  And yes.  I wish Ha Young Eun will leave "The One".  Not worth being the Scapegoat all the time.

Kyo made the right choice to accept this Script.  I'm looking forward to the coming episodes

• Like 10
  • Love 1

My problem with this drama is simply this: 1) Unless 'Jae-Guk Yoon' is an adopted brother or cousin or close friend of Sun Woo Yoon, it is an extremely cheap drama trope to use 2 brothers as lovers of a woman, and highly unlikely that a woman wouldn't know the family or vice versa (even if it was a secretive / forbidden relationship 10 years ago), or for her to fall for 2 brothers and have a relationship with each, and also, highly improbable for the relationship to be okay for everyone, especially parents. This is ridiculous and unnecessary drama trope and hopefully JGY and SWY are not really related. 

2) The 'my heart is broken because the love of my life never showed up - and I thought he dumped me' trope is unrealistic and laughable because people have various ways of communicating with each other, and if he is that great a love, why wouldn't a reasonable and sensible woman contact him or his family to find out where he is. How can a woman not know the friends of the 'great love'? So I hope everyone including her knows he's dead and that her problem has simply been she loved him too much and no other man has measured up to him. 

3) If she slept with JGY because he reminded her of SWY, then the drama is even more cheap, because that means she sees the dead guy in the 'brother' / relative of the dead guy! 

4) The FL actress SHK has been working for a very long time, and is very famous, and is pretty, but frankly, is a robot, expression-wise, and so is the ML. But ML is filmed as extremely hot and SHK looks old and frigid. The 10 year age gap is not mentioned either. Why would a young successful guy go after someone that middle-aged just over a one-night stand and then get fixated because he was friends or family of her dead lover? 

This drama is looking like an attempt to sell clothes and merchandise by showing PYTs going through a simulated hard-to-believe forced tragic-romance. And since it's SHK's first come-back drama after divorce, she is bound to make money on and off screen from this one. Even if she remains as wooden as the first frame.  

6) I think this faux-drama is more about the FL breaking up with the ghost of memory of the 'great' love of her life as opposed to any break-up with the new guy. I think it's supposed to be a healing / progressive relationship for both because both have commitment issues in their own way. But I have a problem watching this drama if the ML is the dead guy's brother and FL doesn't know dead guy's family, and if the mechandise-placement is too much and too obvious, all the time. 

7) OST is very good. 

Taylor Swift's song 'All too well and 'Pablo Neruda's line 'love is short, forgetting is long' comes to mind. 

To think this faux-tragedy drab-fest money-maker follows One The Woman!  

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1