[Drama 2021-2022] Now, We Are Breaking Up, 지금, 헤어지는 중입니다

twtwb

Big elephant in the drama for next 14 episodes   :phew:

5dG7PIU.gif

Lead woman solution to everyone  :tounge_wink:

qH6P440.gif

Lead-man who think why everyone is so dramatic :sweat_smile:

PzWotEm.gif

** why drama remind me of two lead story line in WWWsearch mines brother connection lol 

• LOL 5

I wish I could find the meme I saw yesterday that show my thought, unfortunatly I do not, if I find it I will post it.

Why coming here posting negative comments about SHK.  Before the drama aired everyone knew what kind of drama it was. People are here criticizing SHK without even knowing why she chooses a project.

I did my researchs, talked to her fans to understand her, her choices. Lot of people forget she is only 1m61 (or less). If we compare with actresses like Jun Ji Hyun 1m73,  Han So Hee 1m65, Jung Ho Yeon 1m76 or lot of others actresses who play thriller or action drama, Song HYe Kyo is 5 to 15 cm shorter than those people. I wish she would have do something like Jirisan, but clearly with her height it is complicated. Even the actress Go Min Si who is probably the shortest actress in this drama is 1m68. I did not think being so short would be an issue for her until someone explain to me.  Apparently she said in interview she wanted to play more different role but melodrama it is what she got the most, probably because of her height.

People complain but she has 2 other project which are Thriller and I am certain people will complain and say she should stay doing Melodrama. Song Hye Kyo is not here to please people and make what they want her to do. No one is forced to watch her drama. If you do not enjoy, skip it why bother to watch someone or something you will hate in the first place. I tried drama, I did not like the story or the character, I posted what I thought about it, without dreggrating the actors or cast and crew.

She loves Melodrama so what? Who was about to play a character like a blind woman in TWTWB? Not all of actress would have done a wonderful job like she did.  She did Full House who was really something different. Not all her role are similar. She could have done Hyena if she did not have personal problem at that time. The writer revisited the script just for her. But by seing the trailer, not sure it would have fit for her. And they chose an actress who is 1m70. I am sure Song HYe kyo would have done a really good job in Hyena.

People forget that it is investor, production, director and writer who fight to get her in their drama.

She took long breaks like many actresses of her generation. The number of drama and role she did is not as hight as people want it to be. Even her, she said she would have like doing more drama when she was younger, but she did not. 20, 15 or 10 years ago it was not similar has today. There is more drama now. Like I said before, she is going to work for at least 2 years non stop and got 3 projects, and 2  of them are thrillers, what she need to do for people to stop cricize her and let her enjoying what she does in peace?

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Lol SHK just want to look pretty and not willing to look vulnerable? Did you watched World Within and her movie My Brilliant Life? Her role is far from being pretty and glamorous in those projects. Im not the type who can't take criticism for SHK but sometimes the comments just pure ignorance. Apparently SHK often experimenting with her looks and haircuts in all her drama and movies. There are actress out there who has the same hairstyles and vibes in most projects to look pretty too but its was never mentioned. Yes she's not perfect but it's also not a crime to play role or genre you are good with. Not everyone can do action as same as not everyone including you and me can do sports. If you consider a good actresses/actor just after they do action project then it's just lame sorry.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

what I've learned from others is that, haters are insecure about themselves, unhappy, etc.. So they will dissect everything you do to put you down in order to make themselves feel better. If you wish to be controlled by hate/negativity, so be it, but the world is a much better place if you could turn negative to positive. I have nothing but love/respect for SHk cuz she never let haters have the ability to control her emotion and just do what she loves most and hella rich cuz of it. Lol. Ok I'm done ranting. 

@twtwb OMG! I see that you've decided to come out of your corner to say something. You've been very quiet. 

Episode 2 finally subbed at 100%!!! 

• Like 12

Nicely said @Pitchoum ..yeah the life of celebrities, always being compare,being watch.. salty netizen always like a puppeteer,tried to control of these celeb,what they should choose bla bla bla..since the beginning this kind of thing always came up to her,her acting,her choices of drama,her love life n so on..so what?SHK is SHK,she is her own soul,don't try to control her to be another.. respectful is the key here..don't like it,just leave it, as simple as that..n u should have to see her filmography,to know how she grows over the years..n I believe that she's been offered many scripts,but for her long time fans,we knew that she's very selective to choose,note that..

I feel like immune with this kind of cr** already,hahaha :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1): 

N for me,every artists has their own forte although they play many characters in many genre,there will always be one that will stood out the most..

Hmmm,I thought this is drama thread,that talk about drama,to give input in it,with respectful manner..

• Like 11

I watched ep 2 with English sub (I prefere in French but Viki takes too much time) and I do not see how Ha Young Eun will stay in the company. When Jae Guk asked her if she will be at the Paris Fashion Week next spring, she answered  may be if she is not fired before. Also during their talk , Jae Guk point out how her work is not recognized. With what she said it look like she will leave or get fired. It feel she is scared to be by herself, she prefer having a secure job and work for a better position she might not even get at the end.

She is Chi Sook's nanny, soon she will be Chi Sook's brother nanny, while he is not even interested in the company or design, she is taking all the blame, while her team is doing mistake behind her back. I do think her work is not even recognize by Chi Sook's father, he just trust her regarding Chi Sook. He even told her she should have let CHi Sook to take care of the issue with Olivier De Saint Sauver in Busan. She made damage control. We all know if Chi Sook took care of it,  it would have been a disaster. She only resolves problem with money anf fight. I though her dad was smarter and not that blind.

I am always wrong but I wonder if she will be not sick in one episode by give so much. I do not know how she will be able to stay. You can take a lot in the face but everyone is saying stop when it is too much, and you can see it one day or another it will be too much to take for Ha Young Eun for her to stay in this company.

• Like 5

Thank you all for your constructive posts and feedback. I actually enjoyed the show right from the first episode but wanted to wait to finish the second episode to leave my comments just in case the second episode might somehow disappoint me. And it didn’t. It is now safe for me to say that I am watching a very good show from many perspectives. 

---

I have seen one or two comments on the acting ability of the actors in this show. In my opinions, all main leads have shown acting ability and have done their job professionally and nicely, at least in the first two episodes, albeit not necessarily at the same level.

When it comes to acting, or in any other domains, professionalism is one of the most important factors. It means the actors need to primarily act in accordance with their character’s personalities, stories and context. As Ha Young Eun and Hwang Chi Sook's personalities and backgrounds are different, the actresses who play them are meant to use different acting styles. It would not be appropriate for Ha Young Eun to be overly expressive and "innocent" like Hwang Chi Sook and it would not be suitable for Hwang Chi Sook to be subtle, nuanced, enduring and thoughtful like Ha Young Eun. Acting, therefore, needs to suit the personality and the experience of the character. 

On the other hand, the actors might also have different acting skills, style and experience. They might even have their own way of understanding, appreciating or loving their character. Some actors tend to do do dramatic acting. Some go with subtle facial expressions and gestures. 

Song Hye Kyo is well known for her subtle and nuanced acting style, especially in terms of expressing the character's emotions through her eyes. I have watched a lot of shows and movies in general and I am still amazed at her ability to convey so many levels of inner emotions, thoughts and feelings through her eyes. And I applaud her for her consistent approach towards subtle and nuanced acting, because this acting style is not visible and attention catching, especially in this world nowadays. It requires deep attention from the audience to be really appreciated. 

If one pays close attention, one will see that subtly, Ha Young Eun in “Now, We’re breaking up” is a distinct character, who is very different from Cha Soo Hyun in “Encounter”, Kang Mo Yeon in “Descendants of the Sun”, Choi Mi Rra in “My Brilliant Life”, Oh Young in “That Winter the Wind Blows”, Da Hye in “A Reason to Live”, Bo Ra in “Camellia”, Sookhy in “Make Yourself at Home”, Joo Joon Young in “Worlds Within”,  Hwang Jin Yi in the movie with the same title etc.

---

On the directing and plotting of the first two episodes, I thank @thepixiesfor sharing your thoughts. It is true that the first two episodes were fast-paced with the introduction of a lot of characters. It is also true that the kisses in the first two episodes of "Now, We are breaking up" might not have sizzled the audience the way the balcony kiss scene in "Encounter" did. But that's what makes the two shows special in their own ways and at their own pace. 

The setting of the first episode of "Now, We are breaking up" is the very busy and lively Busan International Fashion week, which is of course very different from the setting of the first episode of the peaceful and romantic Havana of the first episode of "Encounter". 

The sex scene in the hotel room of “Now, We are breaking up” is about two people who are physically attracted to each other and primarily only wanted to spend one night together, which is of course different from the balcony kiss scene in "Encounter" where the two characters already deeply fell in love and had been through ups and downs to reach each other.

And so, they are meant for different purposes and they both well served what they are meant to serve. :)

• Like 9
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, twtwb said:

On the directing and plotting of the first two episodes, I thank @thepixiesfor sharing your thoughts. It is true that the first two episodes were fast-paced with the introduction of a lot of characters. It is also true that the kisses in the first two episodes of "Now, We are breaking up" might not have sizzled the audience the way the balcony kiss scene in "Encounter" did. But that's what makes the two shows special in their own ways and at their own pace. 

The setting of the first episode of "Now, We are breaking up" is the very busy and lively Busan International Fashion week, which is of course very different from the setting of the first episode of the peaceful and romantic Havana of the first episode of "Encounter". 

The sex scene in the hotel room of “Now, We are breaking up” is about two people who are physically attracted to each other and primarily only wanted to spend one night together, which is of course different from the balcony kiss scene in "Encounter" where the two characters already deeply fell in love and had been through ups and downs to reach each other.

And so, they are meant for different purposes and they both well served what they are meant to serve. :)

Agree to disagree! The 2 scenes from different shows certainly serve different purposes but there are ways the NWBU’s PD could’ve made the chemistry stand out. Anyway, I didn’t feel it from ep 1.

At least they showed Mr J was intrigued enough to ‘stalk’ YE though. Their chemistry did improve in ep 2, so I’m looking forward to the next one.

• Like 3