[Drama 2021-2022] Now, We Are Breaking Up, 지금, 헤어지는 중입니다

twtwb

@Pitchoum I hope is not about her dad has been in trouble though..let just see.. I think in pre production drama,the writer already finish the script more than half,so when the new script come n need to be shoot in the same place,they need to go back n need to have same costume,maybe..

PPL is very common thing in every single drama,n its not bothering me cz its shoot so smooth..

really,troll always come to seek attention..their hands moves faster than their brain..

4 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

The only thing I wasn't crazy about this episode was the fact that YJG had to "rescue" HYE by bringing in his noona to save the 30th anniversary event. I wish HYE could've been able to resolve the situation herself without YJG's help....I like my female leads clever and self-sufficient. 

I don't mind though,hahaha..becz his so whipped of her.. anything, everything for her..

1 hour ago, Pitchoum said:

I was going to post it but hesitated lol

I wonder if it was before her relationship with Jae Guk's brother or if it was after. If it was before it means they were destined to meet and be together (regarding the drama plot)

Hmmm,maybe before..I think YE start the relationship with JG bro when she's comeback to korea..

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Based on those characters chart JG is 32yo while YE is 38. 6 years of gap is nothing come on.  Nothing weird too for successful young man falling for woman who is beautiful charming and alluring in his eyes come on again.

Im excited for SHK comeback after long hiatus. All this attacked toward her i read from other website too is really bothering me. If you don't have nice words to say better quiet it's as easy as that. Just let us here enjoy the drama and the storyline as it goes. Thank you

Regarding the characters here, i already love JG and YE. CS really remind me of dumb spoiled rich girl brat ughhh. I just hope DH will change her and YE faster out from that company. They didn't deserve her dedication and hardworks.

I can feels the depth of YE and JG feelings will come in this coming episode. Expecting JG will go bravely and straightforwardly with his feeling. I think YE and his late brother challenges is more than just obstacles from his mother. It's probably more than that cause YE seems totally mentally destroyed. She's in trauma.

Sigh Friday seems very far. Ima keep rewatching 1st and 2nd episode and cry my eyes out for All Too Well Taylor's Ver. Im in deep misery lol. Btw lets keep this thread healthy and keep supporting our queen and the team. I loves and enjoyed this production so far more than i enjoyed Encounter last time.

• Like 12

Caveat: not a big fan of SHK, tuned in because it looked interesting, and ended up really liking the first two eps. Idk i won't say shk and jky have amazing chemistry but there was a nice vibe and it's certainly a drama I feel I want to keep watching. i specially revived my long dormant account to join the watch party haha. Hello all!

A few other things:

1. I felt the PPL was tastefully done, for a kdrama. I think that's about as much as we can ask for nowadays, that it's not soooo super obvious

2. I don't find anything odd or off about the pacing/ editing/ way the story is going. It's a kdrama! 

3. I didn't watch Encounter or DOTS (saw some comments on other forums that HYE is basically SHK character in Encounter and DOTS?), but so far i feel HYE has been written realistically and SHK is doing a decent job emoting. 

4. jky jky jky jky jky 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I don't want to "Quote".  But I feel it is too Premature to call Kyo/ Ha Young Eun "Cheap".  

We don't know what has really transpired in this Story yet.  So give it some time to develop - to enlighten us.  Let us not jump into conclusion about anyone.  "Do Unto Others As We Would Like Others To Do Unto Us".

This is a Story about Matured, Independent Women In The 21st Century.  Even then, I can see Kyo is very Careful about what she does in this "Drama". 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Hey chingus,

Nice to come back to a new Kyo drama thread. Just ignore the trolls. If they think histrionics and being melodramatic = good acting, so be it. To each their own. 

Have to confess I agree with some of the criticisms regarding the plotting and direction, but episode 2 certainly helped flesh out the characters a bit more.

I’ll say that it’s a testament to Kyo that certain actors and actresses seem to be her core team eg Nam Gi-ae. Mebbe she reminds Kyo of her real mum.

I also think that lately Kyo has chosen roles that resonate to an aspect of her life or character*. I felt CSH in Encounter reflected some of her real life experiences as a child of a divorcee.

In NWBU I see her being a mature adult who doesn’t need to apologise for how she conducts her love life. 

So regardless of antis’ criticisms (and we know there are rabid knetz as well as international ones) or how the ratings perform, I can appreciate the statement she’s made in NWBU. Hope to see her character’s development as the episodes continue. 

*Having said that, I think the vengeful character in The Glory probably isn’t a realistic reflection of anything she went through lol

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Finished ep 1 so far and I like the story and am glad its fast paced. Love story as of now is pretty cliche but I like the industry and environment of where the story takes place so it makes up for it. I hope they can keep up the momentum for a while.

Like I said I've only seen ep 1 but I gotta say SHK is a bit disappointing, her acting overlaps so much even though the character are completely different in her previous works like Encounter and  DOTS, they end up all acting alike. I dislike the lack of variety and wish she'd play her characters differently. Oh well, hopefully there will be more depth in future episodes.

Hwang Chi Sook is actually a character more interesting to me than the FL because the actress does so well in portraying her so kudos.

JKY is doing a good job but gotta see more to know whether I like his character or not too. 

Gonna keep up with this to see the story unfold!

• Like 3

Thank you all for your constructive posts and contributions to the thread. 

I have really enjoyed and appreciated what the show has offered so far, from the plotting, directing, acting, to music and costumes. I have found the plot fast-paced, interesting and balanced. The introduction of the characters and their context and settings were nicely done. Many lines in the dialogues were relevant and reaslistic. The directing was so detailed. The lighting was artistic and meticulous, which somehow reminded me of “Encounter”. The music flowed very nicely with the content. The acting was on point and Song Hye Kyo did an excellent job in expressing her emotions subtly and distinctively from her previous work.

It is clear the whole crew has put in a lot of efforts, at least for the first two episodes. Therefore, I am very curious to know what are "the criticisms regarding the plotting and directing" that you shared, @thepixies.

---

On the point raised by @the_sweetroad about Shin Yu Jeong's appearance at the anniversary being due to Yoon Jae Gook's rescue and about Ha Yeong Eun's not being able to solve the situation herself: I would respectfully disagree for several reasons:

First, I don't think Shin Yu Jeong decided to appear at the anniversary was completely due to Yoon Jae Gook's intervention. Shin Yu Jeong was initially not very positive when answering Yoon Jae Gook’s call. She became really interested only after seeing the message from Ha Yeong Eun “I am Ha Yeong Eun, The One’s Head of Design”. 

Second, from what I have seen, Ha Yeong Eun tried to solve the situation herself. She was the person that came up with the idea to invite Shin Yu Jeong. She admitted it was a long shot but she would try her best. She repeatedly contacted Shin Yu Jeong to invite her to the event (we could argue that The One had hired a PR company and the company should have helped her in this regard).

Third, the fact that Shin Yu Jeong has a connection with Yoon Jae Gook and she decided to come partially due to the connection does not mean that the event organizer was not able to solve the problem. Networking and connections are important in all professions, and even more so for the world of celebrity. 

In short, I am not denying Yoon Jae Gook’s good intention and help in this instance. I only think the situation is not that simple. There might be several factors that influenced Shin Yu Jeong’s decision to come and definitely Ha Yeong Eun was one of them. That's what makes the plot interesting (it's neither simple or cliché).

• Like 12
  • Awesome 3
  • Insightful 1

9 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

The only thing I wasn't crazy about this episode was the fact that YJG had to "rescue" HYE by bringing in his noona to save the 30th anniversary event. I wish HYE could've been able to resolve the situation herself without YJG's help....I like my female leads clever and self-sufficient. 

I noticed that too and I was a bit annoyed by that scene. I thought about it... the male lead cannot hang around the episode doing nothing but taking photos and reminding the female lead of their night together. The writer needed to give him something to do plotwise and helping Young Eun because he has seen how hard she's working to solve the problem was logical from a writing POV. The scene wasn't just dumped there. So I can live with it.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Hi @twtwb nice to see u here,come by here often..:waves:

I believe every work has their own flaws..even in Hollywood production,whether in acting wise, cinematography etc..so I don't believe in so called 'perfection' in every single aspect,what I believe is complete each other..

Acting wise,every artists has their own way to conduct every characters,for me each of these artists in NWBU definitely done a good job in that department..SHK n JKY combo particularly,really complete each other acting n for myself, I don't see any trace of her character from her previous work; encounter or dots..this time she's solely become Ha Yeong Eun (called me bias,that's OK becz I am her fan though,hehe) n I can see JKY difference between his newest previous drama before NWBU,n in very short time too,he become Yoon Jae Gook..

So basically every artists have plenty of room to evolve.. as long as they're not afraid to learn..

Regardless of everything,I like their work n for me they are 'perfection' 

• Like 9
  • Awesome 1

Hey @twtwb !!! Thanks for creating this thread btw.

To respond about some of my small disappointment with ep 1, I felt a bit lost watching it, wondering about the relationships between Ha Young Eun and the Hwang brat, and that between Mr J and PR chap. Not sure how to describe why I felt lost whilst watching it, but ep 2 made more sense.

It could also be the subbing, because in English the things they say sometimes don’t quite make sense or rather, it sounds awkward in English. 

I think I as the audience was thrown into the milieu. Not necessarily a bad thing because there are only 16 episodes and the rest of the show can then expand on the characters. But for me, it was a bit disorienting.

Plotwise, it has quite a few familiar kdrama tropes — eg the disapproval from a rich family etc. I suppose it’s still early days to see if the show will turn these tropes on their head, like the way Encounter did. 

I also wish the love scene was done with more oomph. It didn’t sizzle for me the way Encounter’s balcony kiss scene did :lol:

But I’m a Kyo-stan so I’ll finish watching NWBU no matter what. Lol

• Like 8

Episode 1 leaving me a bit disappointed although was good enough to make me eagerly waiting for ep 2, which is getting better. Sometimes fast paced storyline tends to make audiences lost while watching it, hopefully it will get better in upcoming episodes because I will surely tune in until the last episode as Kyo's fans. 

A bit comparison with Encounter( although it is too early}, I like Kyo's role here more...but her chemistry with Park Bo Gum was great too. Not to mention their kiss scene..Ommo...that was phenomenal..haha..Hope to see at least same level or better chemistry with Jang Ki Yong..they have a lot more potential as their visual are really compatible. I am liking Jang Ki Yong's previous  dramas too..his cheerful and bright character in the set( as said by the other casts) and in his interview with Kyo also really intriguing.

• Like 7

I agree with K-netizens that Hye Kyo has been playin' the same character over and over. She's also relying solely on her looks.

She's not willing to be vulnerable which is the essence of acting. She seem too conscious of her looks. If we were to compare to Han So Hee who's much younger & taking risks. 

I used to think the same of Park Min Young as well but even she tries.. at the very least. Where Hye Kyo hardly does. Jang Ki Yong is playin' Morgan 2.0 from Search:www but he's slightly better ha-ha.

Young Eun should dump her so-called friend the spoiled Dir. Hwang. She is more her nanny than anything really. Now it's revealed Young Eun has more than a connection with Jae Gook. She was romantically involved with his late bro(?)

• Like 2