[Drama 2022] Yumi's Cells Season 1 & 2 유미의 세포들 - Kim Go Eun, Ahn Bo Hyun, Park Jin Young

partyon

Curse these writers and the individual talent of Kim Go Run and Ahn Bo Hyun and their combined chemistry. Every time I am ready to let them go. Every time I am ready to rip off the band aid and be like. ''okay, I'm ready to let you go Woong. Break up"  they have to be just sooo cutesome together and make up for one another's flaws and I'm right back to....NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP :wub::wub: Ugh! 

Yumi is me. I cannot act cute to save my life. It makes me cringe and I cracked up at all her attempts and failures. I am glad she was able to find and succeed at her brand of cute. 

I was rooting so hard for writer cell. Non don't give up! You can do it!! I cheered so hard when she sat back down and tried again. No burying again. I see where Babi will come in. He encourages her dream/revived it, and cheers her on. I like that. I just don't believe the has a girlfriend, dude likes her (reading and liking her posts, the way he was looking at her making coffee). I just need clarity on his supposed girlfriend. 

I am Team Yumi. What makes her happy. Makes me happy. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Uh-oh is Woong homeless..!?

He is probably the most relatable drama bf I've watched so far. Normally the mls are in "Oppa Mode" eheh. Very dreamy and idealistic LoL.

This ep. 10 was also the hardest to watch ha-ha. My fingers curled so hard at Yumi's attempts at acting cutesy!?!? She's naturally cute without trying so I don't know why she makes such a fuss. Well.. it is South Korea. 

I just laugh whenever they pop those Kopiko candy like pills! I used to eat them when I was in school. Those and the white rabbit sweets. Those were some good times~ (sighs) #Memories

Bobby helped Yumi rediscover her talent of writing and even earned her a job promotion of sorts. Well at least she won't meet Ruby anymore LoL.

I've been reading in comments that Yumi has another love rival. Wonder which actor would play him? Sheesh Bobby keep bringing up Yumi's tartar sauce recipe. He's being a bit too friendly with Yumi.. is his gf a fictional one LoL!? 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Chingus, who liked Yumi's post in Episode 9?? Argh, at times like this I hate myself for not knowing Hangul. :brokenheart:I am dying out of curiosity here. Was it Babi? Is he 'stalking' her social media now? What's his game? He's such a smooth operator. :coolshades:

@MrsSoJiSubI love your username. :love:   I wanted to be Mrs. So Ji Sub after watching Master's Sun and Oh My Venus. :cries:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, confusedheart said:

Chingus, who liked Yumi's post in Episode 9?? Argh, at times like this I hate myself for not knowing Hangul. I am dying out of curiosity here. Was it Babi? Is he 'stalking' her social media now? What's his game? He's such a smooth operator

The hangeul actually translates to : 

Be the first to like this post then change to 1 like without any names there.

At ep 10 bobby explains himself that he reads that aigoo post and he's her faithful subscriber and has liked her every post. So i guess it's bobby who leaves that like on the post.

Just like yumi is naturally overthinking and cares about what others think, or woong with his sometimes tactless behaviour, bobby is too gentle and attentive. We'll understand his point of view once we get to see his village. 

4 episodes to go, at this rate season 1 will end at new beginning for yumi with bobby. It makes sense now that woong is the one in the poster for season 1 because it revolves around them, their love story and their growth.

I also love how comfortable yet lovely woong and yumi are. Woong being playful, yumi being comfortable to confront woong about the moustache and not showing any reaction to his gag. It is just sooo real. Just like someone said, woong is one of the most real portrayal of a boyfriend in a drama, and once again it reminds me of the reasons why i like woong the most.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

After comparing the webtoon and the drama finally i could understand both perspectives : webtoon reader and drama starter...

on the drama, woong is a lil bit sweeter than the webtoon, probably because we can see the expression and  gestures better on real life action, and ABH really does a good job but he potrayed Woongku as a better bf than the webtoon ver. I would not say woong is selfish but inconsiderate and full of pride and that's just his character, nobody's perfect anyway.  

As a drama starter, i admit, i like Woong bc AHB has perfect chemistry with KGE, and it's so hard to see how the next boyfriends can top it , and i doubt Babi PJY will the same chemistry with KGE. 

Spoiler

After i read the webtoon, i kinda understand why Yumi wants breakup. 
Woong lacks of honesty, has communication problem and full of pride, that's the basic of a relationship. Moving out is such a big deal, Woong have to tell Yumi.  They are just not compatible, i must admit. 

they have diff pov and goals... on webtoon woong never ever once considered marriage so why I have this lil hope bc of the wedding incident, we'll see next week. if woong rejected the marriage idea, that's the end. Writer won't chance the ending. What's the point of dating forever, yumi needs partner, and woong has never talked about future /  living together whether under marriage or not... 

Yumi wants to get steady, at least they can try to live together long term!!!

WHY WRITER-NIM, how can you add more scenes like these if they are going to end at the end. 
just let Woong clean up and organizing Yumi's place... no more torture 
giphy.gif

and now, the next ep cuteness makes me flustered :hooray:

Ahh poor me, i hope they make it bc i love their chemistry, as simple as that lol...

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

I love the drama but episode 10 has to be the worst episode. I was so bored in the first half of the cringe fest. They stretched it for too long. I can't believe a person like Yumi fell for it. I kept wondering where her Common Sense Cell was. Probably dead and gone and buried 6 feet under. 

Common Sense GIFs | Tenor

Woong is a great guy to put up with her idiosyncrasies. :innocent:

Coming to Woong's advice, @partyon I wanted to choose both options 1 and 3. I really do appreciate honest opinion / advice as that helps me grow, do better. I was really conflicted but then I would want someone to at least listen to me first so went with option 1.

Lastly, I am a little disappointed with Woong , although I champion him a lot and consider him to be an almost perfect boyfriend. He comes across as a very mature, understanding guy, so I am surprised he did not share with Yumi his professional woes. That's why he is an almost perfect guy. I wish he would work on his communication. I understand that men are kind of reserved and want to keep their woes to themselves but this is too big an issue to be swept under the carpet. I think both of them need common sense make this relationship work.

Common Sense GIFs | Tenor.

Anyway, like all the chingus, I really hope the ending is different from the webtoon and Yumi and Woong end up together. I would hate to say goodbye to him.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Go Eun And Ahn Bo Hyun Of “Yumi’s Cells” Share Their Favorite Moments And What To Expect In Upcoming Episodes

Oct 17, 2021
by U. Kim

Kim Go Eun (playing Yumi) and Ahn Bo Hyun (playing Goo Woong) of tvN’s “Yumi’s Cells” have revealed their favorite scenes and what to look forward to in upcoming episodes!

Spoiler

kim-go-eun2-800x533.jpg

Kim Go Eun has been praised for her detailed and diverse portrayals of the lovable protagonist Yumi. The actress shared, “Since it’s a drama that deals with Yumi’s story, the sheer amount of scenes to film is a bit tough, but I’m happy that it allows me to spend more time on set as Yumi. A deep affection for the drama and the character has grown in me. It’s one of the parts about filming that I’m happiest about and most proud of.”

Kim Go Eun also expressed her love for the cells in the drama. As her favorite scene, she chose the cells’ Ganggangsullae (Korean traditional dance where people gather in a circle, hold hands, and rotate counterclockwise). She explained, “When Yumi is in a good mood, the cells hold hands and run around in a circle like they’re doing the Ganggangsullae, and that was very lovely and cute.” The actress also said, “In the remainder of Yumi and Woong’s love story, the various small and big incidents that happen in a romantic relationship will unfold. You will be able to have a fun time watching as you sympathize more and cry and laugh with us. Please support and love Yumi until the end.”

Spoiler

ahn-bo-hyun3-800x533.jpg

Ahn Bo Hyun added his own touch to his character Goo Woong, depicting him in a way that is heart-fluttering at times and humorous on others. Above all, his realistic and sweet chemistry with Kim Go Eun has been off the charts.

The actor expressed, “I have had several concerns and worries about creating the character especially since the original webtoon is so well-loved, but the process of becoming Goo Woong was so much fun.”

He recalled, “I remember when the staff on set were acting as the cells. The laughter never stops on set. I think every moment that the actors and staff created by discussing together and encouraging each other will remain a good memory.”

The animated cells, which are adding to the magic of the drama, were also a topic of interest to the actors who didn’t know how the cells would turn out until after the broadcast. Ahn Bo Hyun shared, “After seeing them in the drama, I was so impressed by how they were portrayed in a much higher quality than I had expected, with great detail. I think every cell’s distinct personalities are enriching the drama ‘Yumi’s Cells.'”

Wrapping up his comments, Ahn Bo Hyun said, “Some of the viewers may already know the story from the webtoon, but there is still a lot more to enjoy in the drama exclusively, so please continue to sympathize with ‘Yumi’s Cells’ and be healed by it.”

Spoiler

kim-go-eun-ahn-bo-hyun-2-800x533.jpg

“Yumi’s Cells” airs on Fridays and Saturdays at 10:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1493830wpp/kim-go-eun-and-ahn-bo-hyun-of-yumis-cells-share-their-favorite-moments-and-what-to-expect-in-upcoming-episodes

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Kim Go Eun, Ahn Bo Hyun, GOT7’s Jinyoung, SHINee’s Minho, And Lee Yoo Bi Playfully Bicker On Set Of “Yumi’s Cells”

Oct 17, 2021
by S. Cho

“Yumi’s Cells” has given viewers a close look behind the scenes of Episodes 9 and 10!

In these episodes, Yumi’s newest “writer cell” is introduced. This leaves Kim Go Eun’s character deep in thought, but the copy machine she’s waiting on finishes its task super quickly. After awkwardly standing there, she later asks the director, “The copy machine finishes right away, but should I just keep standing here?” He reassures her, “You can’t see [the copy machine on screen] then.”

Later, the cast films Lee Yoo Bi’s big aegyo scene with Kim Go Eun and SHINee’s Minho. She makes her best attempt at a hilariously cheesy line as Kim Go Eun and Minho begin punching the air and the latter shouts out, “Stop!” As they watch her struggle, the two begin to try out Lee Yoo Bi’s lines to help her feel less embarrassed.

Afterwards, Lee Yoo Bi has a different aegyo scene, and Kim Go Eun hilariously gets a turn too. The director quickly comments, “We’ll try this,” and Kim Go Eun jokingly responds in a stern tone, “I don’t want to.”

At Ahn Bo Hyun’s house, Kim Go Eun is once again full of aegyo as she playfully bothers him. When they’re resting, she tries to bother him again, and a cast member teasingly sings, “You just got caught!” She plays it off at first, but Ahn Bo Hyun jokingly calls her over to say, “Please don’t hit me,” and Kim Go Eun hilariously tells the camera to cut filming before she begins a play fight.

During the scene where Kim Go Eun sees Ahn Bo Hyun and Park Ji Hyun together, a staff member tries to help Kim Go Eun soothe her jealousy. She asks him, “Why do I only have to calm down?” He responds, “You’re the adult.” Kim Go Eun indignantly points out that Ahn Bo Hyun is older, retorting, “He [was born in] ’88!”

At night, the pair are filming outside and Ahn Bo Hyun adorably improvises, “I thought I was dying because I missed you so much.” Once they stop filming, Ahn Bo Hyun comments, “I didn’t speak like Woong [Ahn Bo Hyun’s character], it just came out in my everyday tone.”

Once she’s reunited with GOT7’s Jinyoung, Kim Go Eun stiffly and shyly remarks, “Hi, Jinyoung. How have you been?” After an incredibly long scene, Jinyoung proudly comments, “I got all of it right.”

While rehearsing the next scene, a light is shone directly in Kim Go Eun’s face, so Jinyoung nonchalantly blocks it with the papers he’s holding. She comments, “Babi [Jinyoung’s character] is cool. Babi is so kind.” The director responds, “I’m telling you, [manners are] second nature to him.” Jinyoung mishears him and asks in concern, “It’s calculated?” The director repeats himself, and Jinyoung responds with a laugh, “Did I feel guilty?”

At the end, Jinyoung jokes around with the camera behind Kim Go Eun’s back and tells her to check the making-of video to see what he was doing. He then hesitantly comments to the camera, “Please don’t… edit me out too much. Because I don’t appear a lot.” Kim Go Eun chimes in, “I think you’ll have to edit me a lot. Only the good things. Only the pretty things,” and a reel of her joking behavior rolls by.

Watch the full clip below, and catch “Yumi’s Cells” on Fridays and Saturdays at 10:50 p.m. KST!

[유미의 세포들] 애교술부터 웅&치킨, 탕비실씬까지 하드탈탈 | 9-10화 메이킹

https://www.soompi.com/article/1493966wpp/watch-kim-go-eun-ahn-bo-hyun-got7s-jinyoung-shinees-minho-and-lee-yoo-bi-playfully-bicker-on-set-of-yumis-cells

• Like 3

Woong. 

I've been pretty vocal about my support for him.  Is it mainly because of Ahn Bo Hyun?  Probably.  But...the chemistry and sweet moments Yumi & Woong share are hard to forget.  Their dates are so real.  The little peck on the cheek, the adorable smiles and hugs, the hand holding.  I will admit that Woong has a lot to learn about Yumi and her sensitive cell but isn't that just a man thing?   I was disappointed in him when Yumi wanted his advice about her job promotion.  He did give her his honest opinion, albeit a pessimistic one.  He's a realist but still wouldn't it have been great if had understood Yumi's need for his encouragement?

I don't fault him about not telling Yumi about his business failures right away.  That is His company, his baby. This set back is a blow to his confidence and he doesn't want pity.  He probably hopes he can survive without worrying Yumi.  If Yumi does ask about marriage its obvious that Woong will back away.  If he has too much pride to tell Yumi his business is failing he certainly would not enter into marriage without security for both of them.  I think Yumi will take this as Woong not trusting in her.  She loves him, not his business whereas Woong loves her but needs his business to feel worthy.

The last few episodes will be hard to watch.  Babi is nice enough but from the start he gave me cheater vibes.  His coincidental meet ups with Yumi seemed contrived especially knowing he had a girlfriend.  Some commenters question if he really has a girlfriend.  Well, if he doesn't that makes him a scary liar.  

I see in the previews for next week Yumi & Woong will play house and be their normal adorable selves.  If they have their breakup I'll just need to rewind those happy scenes and dream about what could have been.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

EP 5-10 Review.

Initially I was to rate this 7 due to its super slow pace but episode 9 single handedly raised my rating to 8.5

Yumi standing up for herself and setting boundary Lines WAS THE right thing to do. Often Men take things for granted because girls in love tend to believe too much.

Holding a friend's hand isn't wrong, But You need to consider him Platonic and Not Enticing. There are LIMITS to every relationship because not everyone is as comfortable as the other person. MANIPULATORS forget the person in front can be smart too. Wung knew that but his editing out tendency was harming the other person who did nothing of that sort.

Wung is a very likeable character, I mean not many men are that considerate tbh, especially if you cross a certain age. He does give himself priority but that is to be understood, I don't think his advice to Yumi regarding her changing the field was wrong , he was just stating possibilities. The thing I don't like about him is his balatant ignorance of how Sae Yi's approach and involvement to a certain extent which was making Yumi stressed out. You need to not ignore your beloved feelings Wung. Keep that in mind.

Also ep 8 spoiler I don't think it is Him that is beside her in the wedding pic...oh well lets see.

Yu BABI complementing her , from her end its not ignorance all she knows is that guy is in a stressful relationship and her once a week meeting collegue, him and SaeYi are not on same level Yet IMO. Babi is cute , not developed enough for me to comment yet on that end.But far better than the first crush of Yumi they showed.

Chemistry between main leads is Daebak....Best yet of KGE I have seen, I mean credit to the actor also , if the show plans on webtoon version it will be tough for audience to disconnect they have that great of a chemistry.

KGE wardrobe here I WANT THAT lol. Also this is my most fav role of KimGoeun till date , not overly strong nor overly naive. Just Right and Relatable. When Yumi was tryin to be cute and failed miserably I remembered KGE's Ahjussi Sarangheyo from Goblin which was the cutest confession in Kdrama ever, what a range this LADY has!!! Kudos.

The stars Yumis Cells - One question why does a Female have both male and female cells? Shouldn't they be all female lol.

1. Hunger Cell is me --- Most relatable when he cried when Yumi had to diet,,,,Legit real.

2. 72 year old Yumi's baby cells- So cute.

3. Rational Cell works the hardest but has the capacity to go bullocks more than anxiety cell is hillarious.

4. Courage Portion , wow I think the role play here was awesome

5. ENDORPHIN KPOP BAND>>>Where Do I get one for Myself???????

Also if Ji Wugi was not a Ermm Non Likeable fellow, he and Yumi do look good <KGE work with him in a better hairstlyelololol>

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Composer IU from 'Night Letter' Jevy is featured on the OST 'Yumi's Cells'. Released on the 22nd [Official]

Sun Mi Kyung

0004495341_001_20211021085604471.jpg?typ

[OSEN = Reporter Seon Mi-kyung] Singer-songwriter Jevy, best known as the composer of IU's "Night Letter", will be joining the OST for "Yumi's Cells".

This time, Jaehui is working as a lyricist, composer and singer in the original OST of part 10 of Teabing's "Yumi's Cells" (played by Kim Yun Joo, Kim Kyung Ran, directed by Lee Sang Yup). "Holiday" will be released on major domestic music sites on the 22nd at 18:00.

Jaehu, who made his name publicly known with his arrangement of "My Old Story", IU's "Flower Bookmark" title in 2014 is "Now", "Child and My Sea", "Unlucky" IU, Jung Seung - "Snowman "Hwana," The December 25th Confession, "Chen's" Flower "and" The Story of We Met "by Ong Son Woo. IU's representative songs "Night Letter" and "Heart" were co-written and caught the attention of the music industry.

Jevy's tenth soundtrack "Holiday" for "Yumi's Cells" is a song he wrote and wrote himself, and he maximizes his musical charm with deliberate performances and singing, arranged in multiple locations. It is also known that Jevy's tone, combined with a characteristic melodic line, doubles sophistication, creating an easy-to-listen song that can be enjoyed with a light heart.

In addition, it is expected that Jevy's initial sense of reimagining the meaning of the title through texts such as "With open arms and sailing on the windy road" can be seen.

Production company OST stated, “This is one of the songs that Jevy wrote before debuting on the big music scene. Although it could be classified as exploration at the time, it contains enough musical talent for the musician Jevy so that any fans who enjoy his music can deeply feel and enjoy it. "

Part 10 of "Holiday" OST "Yumi's Cells" Jevy will be released on major domestic music sites at 18:00 on the 22nd.

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name with a combined view of 3.4 billion views, Yumi Cages is a cell-stimulating sympathetic novel that tells the story of an ordinary Yu-mi (Kim Go Eun) who eats, loves, and grows with her cells. /seon@osen.co.kr

[Photo] Courtesy of Stone Music Entertainment

Mykyon Sung (seon@osen.co.kr)

Translation from korean google

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/109/0004495341

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I just finished watching ep11. I cried because their happiness. To me, Woong is a wonderful man. I also want to marry him like Yumi. The scripwitter has continued to change the details a bit, different from the webtoon in the gift segment.

How can I accept they will break up? :(

Edited by Chi Nguyễn Kim
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

What am I suppose to do? What do you want me to do? Every time I think, “I’m ready for the break up”, they are just so freaking cute and lovable and share the wholesome couple scenes and have chemistry…they are the cutest married couple living together (the way he wakes her up, and cleans, and forgets his birthday but remembers her first day on a new team. Her adorable threat and him giving in. Yumi is totally #1 priority on Woong’s list now). Curse the writers and Ahn Bo Hyun and Kim Go Eu and the chemistry and the PD for filming such scenes lol. I DON’T KNOW HOW TO QUIT THEM :cry:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome 1

what should i do? i do not have the courage to watch... i have watched the next ep preview, it seemed they are still together...looks like my couple is near the end... writer dont give me false hope hahaha..... i see u are delaying the breakup hahahaha....

hahahaha i feel like i am going insane, who can't differentiate drama and reality... 

i know this is about yumi's life... but i am so invested with them... sorry to say and i need to compare... bc not easy to build and create chemistry between actors, and IMO abh kge couple has better chemistry than abh & co-star on his netflix project... i mean, thats the same actor ABH yet

different ryt?  

i really wanna watch, but i don't know how to handle the breakup... 

writer keeps showing us sweet moments... 

hope seonrook whoever you are, do your best!!! :(... soon bye2 woong-ah... *holding back my tears lol hahahaha

• Like 3
  • Sad 1