[Drama 2022] Why Her / Why Oh Soo Jae?, 왜 오수재인가

larus

Normally, when giving birth, the baby would be given to the mother at the delivery room  but for them to claim that the baby died during birth, seemed far fetched, didnt the baby screamed at that point?... but perhaps Soo Jae was already angry and bitter with Juwan's betrayal that she didnt really care if the baby die back then (the fact that she had to go though the pregnancy and delivery alone and to find that Juwan married someone else)...

Ive read that people disliked the idea that Gong Chan's relationship with Soo Jae at this moment (thinking ahead) - if being stepfather to the daughter of someone who killed his stepsister and caused his family breakup... can Gong Chan forget it all? .... he is a nice boy and all but can he really... hmm...

Soo jae shouldnt even panic when her daughter is taken; im sure the grandfather wouldnt want to harm her...

Also good for nothing Juwan, why the father defend him so much despite his flaws.. sigh... him being so brutal and yet his eldest son being a failure in many things, he still defends him... :angry:

I wonder what they could find in that old house... 

• Like 2

Here is the ratings for Episode 13! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Why Her?” Heads Into Final 2 Weeks Of Its Run On No. 1 Ratings

With just three episodes left to go, SBS’s “Why Her?” has defended its position at No. 1!

On July 15, “Why Her?” continued its reign as the most-watched Friday-Saturday drama of the night as it kicked off the final two weeks of its run. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of the mystery romance drama scored an average nationwide rating of 7.4 percent.

“Why Her?” also remained first place in its time slot among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 2.9 percent.

“Why Her?” Heads Into Final 2 Weeks Of Its Run On No. 1 Ratings | Soompi

• Awesome 1

SJ take your daughter back,fight for your right

I hope there won't be the noble idiocy on SJ's part who thinks that her child is better off without her and that we shouldn't change her environment and that she only knew one other mother, if the writers do it, they will be even more fools, the Choi family are killers and kidnappers:rage::rage:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Normally, when giving birth, the baby would be given to the mother at the delivery room  but for them to claim that the baby died during birth, seemed far fetched, didnt he baby screamed at that point... but perhaps Soo Jae was already angry and bitter with Juwan's betrayal that she didnt really care if the baby  die back then (the fact that she had to go though the pregnancy and delivery alone and to find that Juwan married someone else)...

Ive read that people disliked the idea that Gong Chan's relationship with Soo Jae at this moment (thinking ahead) - if being stepfather to the daughter of someone who killed his step sister and caused his family breakup... can Gong Chan forget it all? Really.... he is a nice boy and all can he really... hmm...

Soo jae shouldnt even panic when her daughter is taken; im sure the grandfather wouldnt want to harm her...

Also good for nothing Juwan, why the father defend him so much despite his flaws.. sigh... him being so brutal and yet his eldest son being a failure in many things, still he defends him... :angry:

I wonder what they could find in that old house... 

If he isn’t lying and the baby is really hers, then I think what happened was that since she was all alone when giving birth, no family or friends to watch over her and the baby, that maybe the sheet they have over the mom when she’s giving birth covered up the switch. They switched her baby with a still born. But like you said then How did they hide the fact the baby would be crying if it really were alive then? There’s still plot holes even in that scenario. Same with if the baby is really ES’s like I see some theorizing. If doctors analyzed her and saw sexual assault, wouldn’t they notice post birth as well?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, philosophie said:

If he isn’t lying and the baby is really hers, then I think what happened was that since she was all alone when giving birth, no family or friends to watch over her and the baby, that maybe the sheet they have over the mom when she’s giving birth covered up the switch. They switched her baby with a still born. But like you said then How did they hide the fact the baby would be crying if it really were alive then? There’s still plot holes even in that scenario. Same with if the baby is really ES’s like I see some theorizing. If doctors analyzed her and saw sexual assault, wouldn’t they notice post birth as well?

Soo jae and juwan's relationship were mutual... She didnt know Juwan was a lying *b*astard.... she thought he was honorable man until she was tricked to give birth in the USA, he got married with someone else and now apparently a rapist and murderer... sigh... 

This drama story is far better than Eve; im not sure what annoyed me with Eve the female lead's face or the male lead's... sighhhhh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

What the heck happened!... saw on twitter... crazy writing...:evilelmo:

So.i guess those who opposed soon jae and gong chan's relationship got nothing  to worry about now....sigh...

Not sure why I'm emotionally attached to Soo Jae and JY as well. My heart hurts as well after ep14. 

Spoiler

Just theoretically speaking if GC loves SJ he would be able to accept JY. It's her daughter too and JY didn't cause any harm to anyone. I didn't want JY to die! I think Choi Tae Guk killed his granddaughter. Why am i not surprised if he could kill his gf who was pregnant with his child, i think killing JY was not a big of deal. After all he would have wanted to save himself. The only thing was I'm glad SJ survived and was not killed in the past. 

• Like 1

Finally the link that binds SJ and her evil boss snaps.The sins of the father and grandfather is repaid by the innocent little girl.Justice has a strange way of making it's presence felt.The only thing left is delivery of punishment for the perpetrators.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Here is the ratings for Episode 14! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Why Her?” And “Alchemy Of Souls” Remain No. 1 As “Cleaning Up” And “Becoming Witch” Ratings Fall To All-Time Lows

SBS’s “Why Her?” is heading into the final week of its run on a rise in viewership ratings!

On July 16, the mystery romance drama—which has just two episodes left to go—climbed to an average nationwide rating of 7.8 percent, according to Nielsen Korea. Once again, “Why Her?” not only took first place in its time slot across all channels, but also remained the most-watched miniseries to air on Saturday.

Additionally, “Why Her?” continued its reign as the most-watched show in its time slot among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 3.3 percent.

“Why Her?” And “Alchemy Of Souls” Remain No. 1 As “Cleaning Up” And “Becoming Witch” Ratings Fall To All-Time Lows | Soompi

• Like 1

It doesnt seemed like Chairman Choi ordered the death of his grand daughter, he semed shocked as it it... it wasnt a truck of doom but a bus of doom... one wonders why the bus driver didnt come out to check the accident.. sigh.. realistically he/she would have seen a girl crossing the road.. .... whats the significance of Jae Yi's death is the question for later episode... 

But yes, the death of the little girl took everyone by surprised... like such innocent girl.. sigh..

Another shocking relevation was the baby of the 1st victim of the drama, So Young, revealed to be Chairman Choi's himself baby... he looked so straightlaced, didnt think he would be the type to have affairs... but...  as with all men with power, the older they re the greedy they are.. in K-drama scenario...

‐---

The death of Jae Yi is trending in Malaysia and Indonesia.. many k drama watchers out there... shows how popular it is B)

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

I don't watch this drama for 1 reason. The character Gong Chan is no match to Oh Soo Jae in every aspects. and He's hard on the eye, in a harsh way to say it. He's ugly. I can't get pass his face to further continue this drama.  :( 

I was initially distracted by JYs death that I didn’t process the reveal about SY and CTG. It’s also probably because it seems so uncharacteristic for CTG to allow a murder to happen at his law firm and let it end up on the news, getting bad press and having investigators on his turf. You’re telling me an experienced murderer like himself (even if he’s usually giving orders and not getting his actual hands dirty) would do that?

• Like 1

Quick Poll: Favourite Superheroes and Villains! :coolshades:

This is war! :cheers:

Hello everyone! We love our superheroes and hate the villains with vehemence. These characters have left an indelible mark on us. So, it's time to let the whole world know! Vote for your favourite superheroes and villains. Now!

Re:

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth @Sleepy Owl

Why Her?: Episodes 13-14

by DaebakGrits

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/WhyHer13-14_00.jpg

As our story enters its penultimate week, our lawyer is blindsided by a shocking secret, while the rest of our heroes finally start gathering the hard evidence they need to tie our killers to their past crimes.

EPISODES 13-14 WEECAP

This week’s episodes have left me unable to articulate exactly how I’m feeling, so I’m going to remind everyone of the scene from Smart Prison Living (a.k.a. Prison Playbook) in which Je-hyuk (Park Hae-soo) draws a graph of his life. When he gets to the year he was sent to prison, his happiness line plummets.

Why Her? — much like Je-hyuk’s happiness line — has been steadily declining over the weeks, but after Episode 14, I’ve officially reached the point where Je-hyuk reaches the wall and just keeps stabbing at it to release his pent up frustration. If you’re all caught up on Why Her? then you can probably guess the scene that had me wanting to pick up an ottoman and hurl it out a window.

But before that, in what has become a bit of a pattern for this drama, the first twenty minutes were excruciatingly slow, with lots of dramatic music, crying, and the unnecessary use of cell phones to create metaphorical distance between two people who are within shouting distance of one another. It all eventually culminates with our leading couple’s reconciliation.

Soo-jae isn’t immediately swayed after overhearing Chan’s bold assertion that her faith in his innocence was more important to him than her upholding her oath as a lawyer. Chan even insists that their bad deeds somehow cancel each other out, but Soo-jae disagrees. Her failing him as his lawyer is far worse than him hiding his real identity from her.

But then Chan discovers that she has built her own conspiracy white board, and once he knows that she’s trying to find his step-sister’s real killer, Soo-jae can’t not let him be a part of the investigation. So, I wouldn’t say they are back together as a couple, but they’re at least talking and collaborating on the case again, which is probably the most tolerable version of their relationship.

Now that Soo-jae is talking to him again, Chan’s next move is to ask Jin-ki to fabricate an opportunity for him to meet Tae-kook, and this is when we learn that Jin-ki — despite being woefully passive for the last ten years — actually has a flair for the dramatic (and maybe even a fondness for Hamlet). Before he steps down as director and is sworn in as the next Minister of Justice, Jin-ki has the Group 8 students participate in a mock trial, and the details of the case are intentionally similar to the events from ten years ago.

But instead of rehashing the old murder trial, the students are tasked with enacting what would happen if the plaintiff (a.k.a. Chan) were to try and sue the former prosecution (a.k.a. Joon-myung) for his wrongful imprisonment.

Tae-kook is invited to participate as the acting judge for the mock trial, and it should come as no surprise that he rules in favor of the defendant, stating that the prosecution — at the time of the original trial — was under no obligation to identify the owner of the unknown fingerprint found on the weapon when the plaintiff’s (coerced) confession and fingerprints on the murder weapon were sufficient enough evidence to move forward with the trial.

All this pomp and circumstance just so Chan can get close enough to talk to Tae-kook, and even then Chan still had to chase after Tae-kook’s car in order to have a private conversation. And what does he do? Throw down the proverbial gauntlet. I just love it when heroes warn the bad guys that they’re coming for them. Who needs the element of surprise?

From this point on, the plot moves forward at a fairly decent clip. The rest of Group 8 (minus Yoon-sang, of course) are looped in on the latest developments, and when news breaks that Na-jung’s body has been found, the law students begin fueling the online speculation and rumors. They want people talking about Chan and Na-jung’s murder because, as long as Chan is in the public eye, he’s (theoretically) safe from Tae-kook’s deadly machinations.

A funeral is held for Na-jung, and Chan and Soon-ok find closure. Soon-ok apologizes to Chan, explaining that she hated him so passionately because it gave her the strength to keep moving, and once she found out he wasn’t her daughter’s killer, her anger towards him changed and became a manifestation of her own self-loathing and guilt for not believing him. Now that Na-jung has been put to rest, Soon-ok releases Chan from the burden of secretly caring for her, and she officially calls an end to their tenuous relationship.

Meanwhile, Soo-jae, who did not approve of Jin-ki and Se-pil’s passive approach to revenge, goes on the offensive and leaks bits of information from the blackmail flash drive to the press. When she meets with Tae-kook next, his phone is blowing up with calls from Sung-beom and In-soo, who are caught up in newsworthy scandals. Tae-kook ignores them, though, because Soo-jae commands his undivided attention.

It is at this point that we learn that Tae-kook was completely in the dark about the kidnapping and rape of Eun-seo. The Second Generation Terrible Trio only called on him after they had kidnapped Na-jung, and they failed to disclose their crimes from earlier that evening.

As Soo-jae weaves together the full story of what really happened ten years ago, we see that Tae-kook is affected by this information. How can he be assured that he perfectly covered up his son’s involvement with Na-jung’s murder and Eun-seo’s rape if he wasn’t aware of all the variables?

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/07/why-her-episodes-13-14/

• Like 1

On 7/15/2022 at 5:06 PM, realistic2280a said:

Normally, when giving birth, the baby would be given to the mother at the delivery room  but for them to claim that the baby died during birth, seemed far fetched, didnt the baby screamed at that point?...

If the baby is in medical distress after birth, the doctors will take the baby for treatment.

• Like 1

Seo Hyun Jin Talks About How She Started Acting, Her College Life, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jul 19, 2022
by S. Kim

Seo Hyun Jin answered questions about her college years and acting career in celebration for Allure Magazine’s 19th anniversary.

When asked what she remembers about the year 2003, Seo Hyun Jin said, “I was a student of the applied music department at a women’s university. In this department, it was our tradition to participate in ensemble practices all night long and then wash our faces in the school’s bathroom before attending classes the next morning. But sadly no one would include me on a blind date, saying that there were people who still remember that I was a member of Milk.”

seo-hyun-jin_01.jpeg

At that time, Seo Hyun Jin was just a student and wasn’t thinking of going back to the entertainment industry. She explained, “Participating in the musical ‘The Sound of Music’ became the trigger. I met an acting teacher who owned a private practice room, and I studied there like a teaching assistant for four years because I used to play the opposite roles when [aspiring actors] under agencies came to learn acting. I played multiple roles. That was the only time I learned acting.”

When asked if that was when her career path changed, Seo Hyun Jin answered, “Actually I realized this later in time. When someone from my agency asked me if I enjoyed acting, I realized then that my career path had changed.”

seo-hyun-jin_03.jpeg

When asked what she liked about her character Oh Soo Jae from her current drama “Why Her?” Seo Hyun Jin answered, “The thing I liked the most is that this character isn’t a nice person. There are many noble and pure female protagonists out there, so I liked that she isn’t that type. Also, I liked her more when I found out she had a very personal story. Then there are more things to express, and I can justify myself about being harsh.”

She also mentioned that she feels very satisfied when the work itself is made with high quality because she is a person who focuses completely on the process.

When asked about the process of shooting “Why Her?” she recalled, “It was really intense on site. I learned a lot and felt a lot. I will never do a drama where the main character’s name is in the title again. The amount of scenes I had to shoot was crazy. (Laughs) But actually I’ve already done three of such works including ‘The King’s Daughter, Soo Baek Hyang,’ ‘Another Oh Hae Young,’ and ‘Why Her?'”

She also commented, “I want to live a life that is like a lake without any ripples. (Laughs) A life where every day is like the same. I’m having my first break in a year and a half now. I want to stay at home doing nothing.”

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1536463wpp/seo-hyun-jin-talks-about-how-she-started-acting-her-college-life-and-more

• Love 1