[Drama 2022] Pachinko, 파친코 - Lee Min Ho, Youn Yuh Jung, Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Minha Kim, Soji Arai, Kaho Minami - Streaming on Apple TV+ | Season 1 & 2

syntyche

Harper’s Bazaar US February 2022

Lee Min-ho and Yoon Yeo-jung's "Pachinko" will be released in March, and the U.S. version of Harper's Bazaar February issue will feature a joint interview with the creators.

cr: 封面小主

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

• Like 4

Soo Hugh "Final day of sound mix, episode 108. Luciano, Martin, Felipe, Deb, Suzana, JiYe, Sora. Hearts and soul. #Pachinko #AppleTVPlus"

Is this Hansu ????

Pachinko: Lee Min Ho and Kim Min Ha share how they were affected by being on the series

Lee Min Ho and Kim Min Ha are a couple in Pachinko. New photos of the actors showed Harper's Bazaar.

QDOMJUYPDBASBFVJ2GHUF4DHOU.jpg

Part of the cast of Pachinko and Lee Min Ho are described as Hansoo. Photo: Harper's Bazaar/Apple TV+

03 Feb 2022

The photo brings together part of Pachinko's ambitious cast of Hallyu King Lee Min Ho, Oscar winner Yoon Yoo Jung, Korean-American actor Jin Ha, and young talents Kim Min Ah and Jung Yoon Na. A week after the premiere date was confirmed on Apple TV+, Harper's Bazaar is releasing new impressions from the team that will bring Lee Min Jin's novel to life.

The production of Pachinko was announced in October 2020, with filming continuing until the first months of 2021. Many believe that this project marks a foray into Hollywood by Lee Min Ho, who has been a top star in the drama circuit since 2009. In the same year, he played Gu Jun Pyo in Boys Over Flowers, which became his springboard to fame.

AIFHHBFYRFFIZO2NRB5HIIZD4I.jpg

Lee Min Ho plays Ko Han Soo in pachinko. Photo: Harper's Bazaar

"I think a lot of the new generation spend most of their time worrying about the future, but it was a really good opportunity for me to visit the past," the Descendants actor told Harper's Bazaar. "Not just Korea's past, but its entire history and how we, the current generation, came to be in the territory where we live now."

Lee Min Ho will play the role of Ko Hansoo, who is described as a merchant with ties to the Yakuza, a Japanese criminal organization. According to the plot, her character is associated with Sunya, the main character.

In this first season, Sunya is played by three actresses. Kim Min Ha will communicate with Lee Min Ho. She spoke to her grandmother to learn firsthand about the Japanese colonization of Korea.

Spoiler

5SC6B33ASFGXNBEQTPPOUNZ4AY.jpg

Kim Min Ha plays Sunja in pachinko. Photo: Harper's Bazaar

“She explained to me what it meant to be a woman at that time. How did people live in those years? I think I wouldn't have met my character if it wasn't for my grandmother."

When is Pachinko coming out?

The series, which will feature dialogue in English, Korean, and Japanese, will premiere on Apple TV+ on March 25. The first chapters will air at the premiere, and later every Friday a new episode will be released.

Spoiler

KR7MWBCG5NG7ZNGYZLSE3C2YYE.jpg

The Lee Min Ho series Pachinko is based on the novel of the same name by Korean-American writer Lee Min Jin. Photo: Apple TV+

Translation from spanish google

https://larepublica.pe/cultura-asiatica/2022/02/03/pachinko-que-dijo-lee-min-ho-y-kim-min-ha-sobre-filmar-la-serie-coreana-de-apple-tv-harpers-bazaar-fotos/

• Like 2

Soo Hugh's 'Pachinko' Adaptation Confronts Japan’s Colonization of Korea

Based on the best-selling novel, the new 8-part Apple TV+ series explores the trauma of history. For the show’s creators and actors, that meant confronting it head-on.

spacer.png

Soo Hugh didn’t want to read Pachinko.

The 2017 novel by Korean American author Min Jin Lee tells the story of a Korean family over 80 years and four generations. Sunja, the novel’s protagonist and the family’s matriarch, is born in the 1910s in Japanese-colonized Busan, Korea, and migrates to Osaka, Japan. The family are Zainichi, Koreans living in Japan, who are subject to discrimination and bullying. Pachinko, which gets its name from the arcade-style gambling game (Sunja’s family ultimately ends up operating pachinko parlors in Osaka), was named one of the 10 best books of 2017 by The New York Times. It was a finalist for a National Book Award. Hugh was aware of the buzz, and even though she is a Korean American herself, something held her back from reading it.

“I think a part of you is afraid to crack open the book because it would be sort of having to reckon with that pain, the generational trauma, and the family’s experiences of the past hundred years,” she says. But on a flight from London to New York, she decided to give it a shot.

There’s a scene early in the book in which Yangjin, Sunja’s mother, begs a rice merchant to sell her one bag of rice. It’s Sunja’s wedding day, and she wants her daughter to have white rice. The merchant hesitates; in Japanese-colonized Korea, white rice is reserved for the Japanese. He ultimately relents and sells Yangjin a small bag.

“I think a part of you is afraid to crack open the book because it would [mean] having to reckon with that pain,” Hugh says.

“So I’m on this plane and I’m reading the scene, and all of a sudden I just started bawling,” Hugh says. “It’s a sad scene, but more than that, it was the shock of recognition. I did not live in 1930s Korea, and yet when I read that scene about Yangjin going to the rice merchant, I felt like I experienced it in my bones.”

At that moment, Hugh knew she would adapt the book for the screen. This spring, Apple TV+ will release Hugh’s eight-episode adaptation of Pachinko, starring Jin Ha, Youn Yuh Jung, Lee Minho, and Minha Kim. In addition to co-writing the script, Hugh is an executive producer, along with series directors Justin Chon and Kogonada.

The book was similarly revelatory for me. Before I read Pachinko, what I knew of Korea’s history with Japan came from Wikipedia. I didn’t learn about the colonization in school, but there were hints of the traumatic past in the snide comments about Japan whispered in my family after a few drinks and the insistence on using Korean instead of Japanese words for foods: ramyun instead of ramen, gim instead of nori—and God save you if you tried to describe kimbap as “sushi without raw fish.”

I knew my maternal ancestors lived through the Japanese colonization of Korea from 1910 to 1945, but they were not part of the Zainichi community. The specificity of the book’s description of the intimate realities of life under Japanese rule helped paint a picture of what my grandparents’ and great-grandparents’ lives might have been like. After I read it, I bought a Korean-translation copy for my mother and started to ask questions. Pachinko helped me begin to understand how that era continues to haunt many Korean Americans to this day.

The book was only the beginning for Hugh too. Pachinko is fiction, but it is deeply researched. Lee interviewed dozens of Zainichi women as she wrote it to make sure she was capturing their experiences accurately: “The Korean Japanese may have been historical victims, but when I met them in person, none of them were as simple as that,” she wrote in the book’s acknowledgments.

“It was never a question that it would be in the languages,” says Hugh. “I don’t understand how else you could tell the story of colonization because language is part of that.”

Building on Lee’s research, Hugh tracked down Zainichi women to hear their stories before it was too late. “These women range in age from 90 to 104, and we got their oral testimony, and it’s actually a part of the show,” she says. “I really wanted to make sure that I learned the history from the actual mouths of the people who lived it.” The commitment to historical accuracy is evident in the cast’s performances as well. Jin Ha, a Korean American who plays Sunja’s grandson, Solomon, speaks Korean and English fluently, but for the show he had to learn to play a Korean man who grew up in Japan.

He first read the novel when he heard the show was being green-lit. It’s written in English, but the characters speak Japanese and Korean throughout. He knew there were two directions the production could take: “If they decide to do the thing we’re sort of used to as English-speaking audiences, where it’s like, we’re going to do this ambiguously accented English to demarcate it as a foreign language, then I was like, I’ll have a great shot,” he says. But if the production were to be linguistically accurate, “I have no shot in this show.”

spacer.png

Before he auditioned for the role, Ha sent his lines to his father, who speaks Japanese. “I was like, ‘Hey, could you just record yourself reading this?’ ” His father also transliterated the lines using Hangul, the Korean alphabet, and sent that to Ha. “So I received the Hangul transliteration of the Japanese, and then I transliterated those Korean characters into English as Roman letters to read.”

Ha used that system to eke out a self-tape that ultimately won him the part. Once he signed on to the project, the Japanese study really began. Not only did he have to learn to perform convincingly in Japanese, he also had to learn to speak the multiple Japanese dialects his character would have used in different contexts. “Whenever Soo would pose the question to me of, like, ‘Do you want to do more? Can we go further in the reality of it?’ my answer always was yes,” he says. “For me to be invited to represent this incredibly storied and resilient community, it’s my obligation to do the most and the best that I can to most accurately and authentically and humanly represent my ancestral cousins.”

The trilingual performances felt radical to me as a viewer, especially coming from an American production company.

“It was never a question that it would be in the languages; I don’t understand how else you could tell the story of colonization because language is part of that,” Hugh says. “I just don’t think you can possibly do this story without doing the three languages.”

Spoiler

spacer.png

The cast is a mix of both Korean Americans and South Koreans, all of whom bring their own relationships with Korea’s history to their roles. Lee Minho—who is perhaps best known as the star of the 2009 South Korean TV series Boys Over Flowers—plays Koh Hansu, a fish broker with ties to the yakuza, organized crime in Japan. He hadn’t auditioned for a role in 10 years, but he was drawn to the script because it made him reflect on Korea’s recent history. “I think most of the young generation spend most of their time worrying about the future,” he says. “But this was a very good opportunity for me to revisit the past. Not only the past of Korea but its entire history and how we, the young generation, came to exist on the territory that we are living on right now.”

spacer.png

Yu-na Jeon, who is 10 years old and plays young Sunja, says the role helped her understand what her great-grandmother had experienced during colonization. “As I started playing this role, I could really feel the pain and hardship that she was put through,” Jeon says. “This made me cry so hard. I felt so sad.” She was so moved by learning the history that she burst into tears in front of her mother just talking about the brutality of the occupying Japanese troops.

Jeong refers to the sense of kinship felt among Koreans, that we look out for one another in strange places, so far from home.

Similarly, Minha Kim, who plays teenage Sunja, drew upon her grandmother’s experiences of colonization to inform her performance: “She explained to me what it was like to be a girl in that era. How people actually lived then. I almost could have not found my character if it wasn’t for my grandmother.”

Spoiler

spacer.png

Youn, who won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress last year for her performance in Minari, plays the oldest version of Sunja. She says that even South Koreans can learn a lot about their history from the show. “Even myself, I learned a lot of new things about how [Koreans] suffered in Japan, left out like a nobody in a foreign country,” she says. “I hope to honor their story with this show.”

There’s a scene in the first episode that sticks with me. Solomon is working in the U.S. as an investment banker. To make the case for his promotion, he promises that he will persuade an old Korean widow to sell the valuable plot of land her home sits on in Tokyo. He’s confident he can get her to sell because he’s Korean too. I know this feeling, this sense that there is an understanding among Koreans, especially those in the diaspora. I went to a college in Georgia located in the middle of about a hundred miles of farmland in any direction. The fall of my freshman year, I was in the library cafe doing homework and I noticed a group of Korean students push a few tables together and arrange platters of Korean food onto it.

They had little plastic dishes of banchan—kimchi and soybean sprouts and pickled veggies and sweet potatoes—and bigger dishes of rice, bulgogi, japchae, and pajeon. My mouth watered as I watched them lay it all out and then start digging in.

Spoiler

spacer.png

It had been months since I’d had Korean food; there weren’t any Korean restaurants or markets in the small town, and the closest I could find was a takeout “Japanese” place that had a famous mayonnaise-and-mustard-based “yellow sauce”—an ideal drunk food but nothing like what I knew from home. In a way, I’d been starving in that small town, cut off from the foods that tasted of home. Then I realized it was Chuseok, the Korean fall harvest holiday when it’s typical to gather and eat a big meal with loved ones.

I crept up to the group.

“Excuse me, where did you get that?”

They looked up at me.

“I’m sorry, I’m Korean and I just haven’t had Korean food in so long,” I clarified, immediately embarrassed. Because I’m half Korean and half white, many Koreans don’t immediately recognize me until I explain. Once they understood, they all started talking over each other and passing around a plate to heap food onto.

I walked back to my table with not only a plate full of food but also a list of names and phone numbers and a feeling of being a little less alone than I was before.

Spoiler

spacer.png

There is a word for this feeling: jeong. It refers to the sense of kinship felt among Koreans, that we’re in this together, that we look out for one another in strange places, so far from home. Koreans of the diaspora manage to find one another, whether that is in Southern-university library cafes, in metro-area grocery stores, or in Osaka pachinko parlors.

Spoiler

spacer.png

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/film-tv/a38647865/facing-history-february-2022/

This article originally appeared in the February 2022 issue of Harper's BAZAAR, available on newsstands February 1.

• Like 3

Lee Min Ho publishes print and interview in American magazine... Apple TV + expected work "Pachinko"

o0828031115070774915.jpg

FKzGRiiaMAUK5vw?format=jpg&name=small

Published prints and interviews of actor Lee Min Ho and the actors who starred in "Pachinko".  On the 4th, Lee Min Ho's SNS official revealed, "[# Lee Min Ho] #eeminho X @harpersbazaarus <Pachinko", which is generating interest as an upcoming work by Apple TV+, seems like an unexpected gift for Lee Min Ho.  An interview with the actor and creator of Na Gravure "Pachinko> was posted on Na Gravure's BAZAAR US

appears in "Pachinko".  More prints and interviews can be found on Haagre's BAZAAR website in the US (https!//bitly/3sfUgW1).  Meanwhile, Arple's original series Pachinko-Pachinko, which features a large number of world-famous actors, is a global project, produced in three languages: Korean, Japanese and English, and attracts attention.  Pachinko, which consists of only eight episodes, will air every Friday until April 29, starting with three episodes released on Apple TV+ on March 25.  Warmly blending epic on a grand scale, "Pachinko" is a story that begins with forbidden love and is an unforgettable chronicle of war and peace, love's parting, victory, and judging during the journey between Korea, Japan, and the United States.

Park Sohee as Mohas, Jinha as Solomon, Jung Inji as Yangjin, Kim Minha as teen Sungja, Lee Minho as Hans, Kaho Minami as Etsuko, No Sanghyun and Naomi as Isaku Anna Sawai acting role, Han Joon Woo plays the role of Joseph, Jung Eun Chae plays the role of young Kyung Hee, Jimmi Simpson plays the role of Tom Andrew, and Jung Yoo Jung plays the role of young Sungji.

FKzGRioagAMEk9n?format=jpg&name=small

Translation from Japanese google

https://korepo.com/archives/1070212

• Like 2

soozhugh IG update

Costume concept design. Sept 2020, by Kyunghwa. I printed this and taped it to my window. Dream always. 

#pachinko #appletvplus 

spacer.png

Jin Ha dubbing Solomon into English today. Jin had one of the hardest jobs on the show. He had to learn Japanese lines in both standard and Kansei dialect, and speak Busan-inflected Korean with the stilted accent of a third-generation Zainichi. The number of hours he and Yumi-San, our dialect coach, spent bringing these languages to life is staggering. And he did this all while delivering a stunning performance. I'm just exhausted thinking about it. And the localization team at #appletvplus are the best! Candice and her amazing team have worked tirelessly for weeks now getting this show ready to launch all across the world. Amazing.

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Minha, my dream Sunja. Camera test. October 2020. Minha was an unknown when we saw her audition tape. It was a marvel. Innocence and wisdom in the same breath. Transformative. Thank you, my friend, for taking this journey with me. #Pachinko #appletvplus

spacer.png

• Like 2

Interesting Facts on Pachinko Starring Lee Min Ho; Release in March

spacer.png

So the most awaited drama, here is a synopsis and interesting facts about Pachinko, the drama starring Lee Min Ho.

Lee Min Ho will again entertain fans through his latest drama titled Pachinko. The drama is scheduled to air on March 25. This drama project created by Apple TV+ is an adaptation of the famous novel of the same name. Here are some interesting facts about the Pachinko drama that fans have been waiting for.

1. Lee Min Ho's comeback after 2 years

Drama fans must be familiar with Lee Min Ho. This handsome actor turns out to have been in a vacuum for 2 years from the world of acting. He last played a drama with Kim Go Eun in The King: Eternal Monarch in 2020. After getting a role in Pachinko, Lee Min Ho also admitted that he couldn't wait. "I was very excited when I was accepted to play in this Korean drama. It's been a long time since I auditioned, and it would be a shame if I failed. I worked hard to get this role," he was quoted as saying by Soompi.

2. Lee Min Ho is lined up to play the role of Koh Hansu, a Korean man who is adopted by a wealthy family in Japan. In this novel, it is said that Hansu already has a wife in Japan. However, he meets Sunja in Korea and falls in love with her. He then uses his power to protect Sunja and her immigrant family.

3. Set in Japan and the United States

Besides South Korea, this drama has a setting in Japan and the United States. The setting of this place will also be an important key to the story of the players in the Pachinko drama.

4. Starring Japanese artist

Besides Lee Min Ho, there is also a famous South Korean actress named Kim Min Ha who also plays in Pachinko. This Apple TV+ drama will also bring in actors from Japan

5. Made by famous director

In addition to the cast, it turns out that Pachinko was directed by two reliable directors, namely Kogonada and Justin Chon. Not only local, both of them have been involved in working on films in Hollywood. Konogada has released American films entitled Columbus and After Yang. Meanwhile, Justin Chon more often directs TV series such as Dr. Ken, Deception, Dramaworld, and Sin City Saints. Justin Chon is also known as an actor who has played in more than 20 films including The Twilight Saga, 21 & Over, and Heartbeats.

https://lifestyle.bisnis.com/read/20220207/254/1497434/fakta-menarik-drakor-pachinko-yang-dibintangi-lee-min-ho-tayang-maret

• Like 3

justinchon IG update

'Where's the one of you with Lee Min Ho? :lol:

spacer.png

Soo Hugh tw update

Concept design and set drawing by our production designer, Mara LePere-Schloop. I love her standard for perfection. Kindred spirit. #Pachinko #AppleTVplus

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Sebastian Lee TW update

Back in 2020 during the 1st week of shooting #Pachinko Thank you

@shugh100

The first week of filming in 2020, a delicious coffee truck sent by writer Heo Soojin! Thank you so much.^^ #Pachinko

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

“Harper’s BAZAAR” Releases Pictorial & Interview With The Stars Of “Pachinko”: Youn YuhJung, Lee MinHo & More

spacer.png

Recently, Harper’s BAZAAR launched a radical interview with the actors of “Pachinko”, an upcoming Apple TV+ sequence based mostly on the novel of the identical title, accompanied by a pictorial, that drew consideration from followers all around the world for bringing to gentle all of the ways in which the work affected its creators and actors on an inventive and private degree. This included actors Youn YuhJung, Jeon YuNa, Jin Ha, Lee MinHo, and Kim MinHa. 

Actor Lee MinHo, who performs Koh HanSu, shared that he was drawn to the script of “Pachinko” as a result of he felt that it was essential to revisit the previous and chart the historical past of the land on which the youthful technology now thrives. Similarly, actor Jin Ha opened up about being grateful that he was “invited to represent this incredibly storied and resilient community” of the Zainichi individuals and that he labored diligently in direction of authentically fulfilling the importance and historic import of his character, Solomon. 

Jeon YuNa and Kim MinHa, who play the younger and teenage variations of SunJa (the central protagonist of “Pachinko”) respectively, revealed how they imbued their characters with the power of their grandmothers and nice grandmothers with a purpose to really painting their lived experiences with sincerity. 

Finally, Oscar-winning actress Youn YuhJung, who performs the eldest model of SunJa, concluded by saying that even South Koreans may be taught quite a bit about their very own historical past from the present, which is all of the extra motive why they need to tune in. “I hope to honor their story with this show.”, mentioned Youn YuhJung to Harper’s 

You can learn the entire interview within the February 2022 situation of Harper’s BAZAAR!

https://gossipchimp.com/harpers-bazaar-releases-pictorial-interview-with-the-stars-of-pachinko-youn-yuhjung-lee-minho-more/

Child Actress to Veteran, This are the Real Ages of 10 Pachinko Drama Actors

The Pachinko  drama  has become a hot topic of discussion for the public because of its global cast. Not to mention, this drama will air in three languages, namely English, Korean, and Japanese. 

Has released  the first look  and will air on March 25, 2022 on Apple TV Plus. Let's get to know the actors of various ages!

1. Oscar winner Youn Yuh Jung is still working at the age of 74 through her role as Kim Sun Ja in Pachinko

spacer.png

2. 8 years different from his co-star, Lee Minho, Kim Min Ha who plays the younger version of Kim Sun Ja is still 26 years old!

spacer.png

3. Debuted in 2002 as an extra, Lee Minho is now 34 years old and plays the main character Koh Han Su

Spoiler

spacer.png

4. Child actress Jeon Yu Na who was 11 years old played the role of young Kim Sun Ja 

Spoiler

spacer.png

5. Jung Eun Chae, who played with Lee Min Ho in the drama The King: Eternal Monarch, is 35 years old!

Spoiler

spacer.png

6. Veteran Japanese actress Kaho Minami who will play Etsuko, is 58 years old

Spoiler

spacer.png

7. The 31-year-old model Noh Sang Hyun aka Steven Noh plays the character Baek Isak

Spoiler

spacer.png

8. Japanese actress Anna Sawai who co-starred as Naomi is actually 29 years old

Spoiler

spacer.png

9. Soji Arai who is known through Cobra Kai plays the role of Baek Mozasu. Soji is now 46 years old

Spoiler

spacer.png

10. Han Joon Woo who became Baek Yoseb in Pachinko is 37 years old

Spoiler

spacer.png

Played by actors and actresses from various countries with various ages, the Pachinko  drama is increasingly unique and awaited by the audience. 

https://www.idntimes.com/korea/kdrama/amp/elizabeth-chiquita-t/usia-pemeran-drama-pachinko

• Like 4

Rainforest Screenwriter's New Drama "Grid", "Pachinko" Starring Yoon Yeo Jung and Lee Min Ho... Global OTT "Strike Back With K Content"

Kim Hee Kyung

Late global online video service (OTT) platforms such as Disney Plus and Apple TV Plus will counterattack. It ramps up the offensive by highlighting masterpieces of Korean original content such as "Grid" and "Pachinko".

Disney Plus and Apple TV Plus entered the domestic market at the same time last November. However, the response was lower than expected due to the lack of content made in Korea. To compensate for this, we have started to seriously boost Korean original content...

AA.28895623.1.jpg

Apple TV Plus has decided to release a second Korean original series, Pachinko, on the 25th of the month following Doctor Brain. 'Pachinko' presented a great lineup of Yoon Yeo Jung and Lee Min Ho. The work is based on the novel of the same name by Korean-American Lee Min-jin and depicts a four-generation Korean immigrant family. Traveling back and forth between Korea, Japan and the United States, he chronicles war and peace, love and separation, victory and judgment. The subtitles will also be released worldwide in three languages: Korean, Japanese and English.

Translation from Korean google

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/2022021302531

• Like 2

Lee Min Ho, BTS Top 2022 Overseas Hallyu Report for Two Consecutive Years

By Jonnalyn Cortez

c38ef277f1ae8710e93f49f51c270d318c8236ab

Congratulations, Lee Min Ho and BTS!

Lee Min Ho and BTS once again top the annual Overseas Hallyu Report this year. It’s the second time these two led the government report that revealed the most beloved Hallyu stars around the world.

Korea’s Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and the Korean Foundation for International Culture Exchange (KOFICE) conducted the 2022 Overseas Hallyu Report. It revealed BTS was the most voted K-pop group, while Lee Min Ho remained the favorite Korean actor.

The Survey that Won BTS, Lee Min Ho

According to AllKpop, the survey involved 8,500 respondents aged 15 to 59. They were from different parts of the words, from countries like the U.S., Russia and Japan.

It ran from Nov. 5 to Dec. 8, 2021, with questions relating to Korean cultural content.

BTS topped the poll as the most favorite K-pop star with 26.7% of votes out of 4,679 respondents. BLACKPINK came in second with 10.4%, IU in third place with 2.8% and BLACKPINK’s Lisa at the fourth spot with 2.5%.

Psy and TWICE tied on the fifth spot with 2.2% and EXO came in seventh with 1.7%.

Alternatively, about 8,500 respondents voted Lee Min Ho as their favorite actor, topping the list with 9.3% votes. Hyun Bin followed on the second spot with 3.1%, while Gong Yoo came in third with 2.8%.

Song Hye Kyo was also part of the list, on the fourth spot with 2.2%, while her former husband, Song Joong Ki, came in fifth with 2.1%. Lastly, Lee Jong Sulk and Jun Hi Hyun followed in with 1.7% and 1.6%, respectively.

Lee Min Ho Update

Meanwhile, as BTS is still in their extended hiatus, Lee Min Ho is now busy working on his upcoming Apple TV+ original series Pachinko. The show will feature a number of some of the most famous actors in the entertainment industry, per Soompi.

It’s a global project that will be produced in English, Korean and Japanese, based on Min Jin Lee’s best-selling book of the same name.

It tells the story of a forbidden love that will have an incredible journey of war, peace, love, separation, victory and judgment in the said three countries.

Aside from Park Shin Hye’s ex-boyfriend, the series will also feature Kim Min Ha, Youn Yuh Jung, Anna Sawai, Jing In Ji, Jin Ha and Soji Arai. It also includes Minami Kaho, Noh Sang Hyun, Han Jun Woo, Jung Eun Chae, Jimmi Simpson, Jeon Yoo Na and more.

The network has now dropped a few stills of the series, showing Lee Min Ho and Kim Min Ha as their characters Koh Hansu and Sunja. It also gives a glimpse of Youn Yuh Jung as the older Sunja.

pachinko-starring-lee-min-ho-drops-first

Lastly, there’s a full photo of Koh Hansu, showing the Heirs actor in his full good-looking glory, wearing a white suit and top hat.

“Some productions can deeply change the innermost depths of a filmmaker and person. There is no doubt that ‘Pachinko’ is a project that changed me,” Soo Hugh, the show’s executive producer and main scriptwriter said. “This is a story and tribute to my ancestors. It is also a story that is dedicated to all the ‘pioneers’ that exist in our family history. It is an honor to materialize this project with dedicated and talented actors and staff.”

Pachinko is set to be out on March 25 on Apple TV+ and will run until Apr. 29, dropping a total of eight episodes.

For more Lee Min Ho and BTS news, stay tuned to EpicStream!

https://epicstream.com/article/lee-min-ho-bts-top-2022-overseas-hallyu-report-for-two-consecutive-years

• Like 2

'Grid' 'Referee Boys' 'Pachinko' OTT Aiming Global [ST Edition]

Posted: February 16, 2022 (Wednesday)

FLsm2vMUUAIQYpK?format=jpg&name=small

[Sports Today Correspondent Choi Hye Jin] OTT dramas change one after another. Even though domestic content is currently strong in global OTT, can they showcase the power of Korean culture?

... Apple TV will also join the OTT drama show. This was due to the original drama "Pachinko" (written by Suche, directed by Kogonada). Pachinko, which will be released on March 25, is a story that begins with forbidden love and chronicles war and peace, love and separation, victory and judgment, and travel back and forth between Korea, Japan, and the United States.

Pachinko is the story of a Korean immigrant family spanning four generations, based on the novel of the same name by Korean-American Lee Min Jin. The story revolves around Sunji and her family who moved from Joseon to Japan and the United States. Expectations are high thanks to the colorful cast of Yoon Yeo Jung and Lee Min Ho.

Thus, "Grid", "Boy Referee" and "Pachinko" have different charms. He plans to resonate with viewers with colorful materials and heavy messages. There is an emerging interest as to whether successive OTT efforts can achieve good results in the global market.

[Sports Today reporter Choi Hyo-jin ent@stoo.com]

Translation from Korean google
http://mstoo.asiae.co.kr/article.php?aid=77734160317&naver=1

Pachinko
'All reviews are under strict embargo until Friday, March 11 at 6am PT.'
It seems that pachinko media will be uploaded after March 11th at 6am PT!
We want to see Hansu soon

• Like 2

I wonder why reviews are withheld until March 11?

For those without an Apple TV+ account, there are ways to get a subscription free for a couple months.  I believe Apple has a free trial.  Today, I received an email as a Target Circle member (free to join) that you can get a 4 month subscription free!

• Like 1

Everything to Know About Apple TV+'s New Historical Drama "Pachinko"

Feb 18 2022

by ALICIA GEIGEL

pachinko-series-details.png

Apple TV+ is known for popular series like "Ted Lasso" and "The Morning Show," and it's about to be known for another hit series. The streaming service is joining the growing number of networks investing in Korean storytelling and filmmaking, which has grown increasingly popular across the world. So it's no surprise that Apple TV+ is sparing no effort when it comes to the production of "Pachinko." The new series is based on the highly acclaimed historical fiction novel of the same name by Min Jin Lee and intimately portrays the story of family, love, sacrifice, and loss across multiple generations. With a stellar cast (including Oscar-winner Youn Yuh-Jung and actor Lee Min-ho) and a brilliant, sweeping storyline that takes place throughout the Japanese occupation of Korea and World War II, "Pachinko" will undoubtedly be your next favorite show to watch. Read on to learn more details about the upcoming series!

What Is "Pachinko" About?

"Pachinko" is based on the New York Times bestselling novel of the same name by Min Jin Lee. The book centers around a Korean family through multiple generations, and the show highlights their journey with "war and peace, love and loss, triumph and reckoning," according to Apple TV+'s summary.

The story first begins in the early 1900s amidst the Japanese annexation of Korea and follows Sunja, the daughter of Korean business owners, who falls in love with a married man, Koh Hansu, and ultimately gets pregnant by him. When he abandons her, Sunja faces great difficulty and must do what she can to protect the name of her family and save them from being disgraced. When a young minister, Baek Isak, hears of her troubling situation, he offers to marry her and bring her to Japan for a better life. The remainder of the story focuses on Sunja's journey with her children and how those children grow up amidst struggles and loss while remaining surrounded by what keeps them together: family.

Who Is in the "Pachinko" Cast?

The star-studded cast of "Pachinko" includes Oscar-winning "Minari" actress Youn Yuh-Jung as Sunja, Minha Kim as young Sunja, Lee Min-ho ("Boys Over Flowers") as Koh Hansu, and Steve Sanghyun Noh as Baek Isak. The remaining cast includes Soji Arai, Jin Ha, Inji Jeong, Kaho Minami, Anna Sawai, Junwoo Han, Eun Chae Jung, Jimmi Simpson, and Yu-na Jeon.

When Will "Pachinko" Premiere?

"Pachinko" premieres on Apple TV+ on March 25, 2022, and will be told in three languages: Korean, Japanese, and English.

How Many Episodes Will "Pachinko" Have?

"Pachinko" will debut with its first three episodes on its premiere date, and the remaining episodes will release every Friday until the season finale on April 29, 2022. The series will have a total of eight episodes.

Is There a Trailer For "Pachinko"?

Currently, there isn't a trailer for "Pachinko." Expect to see one sometime in March, closer to the series release.

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/pachinko-series-details-48705316/amp

• Like 1

EVENT: Choose which k-drama characters would win in a street fight and win prizes!

Mortal_Combat.jpg

What would happen if you pitted Joo Won from Secret Garden against Ahn Yo Na from Kill Me, Heal Me? Who of them would win a street fight using power, strategical skills and/or verbal skills?

Now is your chance to win prizes by voting in our polls where k-drama characters battle each other out for glory and fame.

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @Sleepy Owl @agenth

• Like 1