[Drama 2020/2021] Phoenix / The Firebird, 불새

0ly40

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

omo, was anyone else surprised by all the double crossing and deviousness these characters are expressing? this is some office politics! so jung min secretly sends her the email with videos of miran walking -- didn't expect that. thought it would be sae hoon but he decides to stay on the sidelines. she secretly tips off a reporter she knew from many years ago. didn't expect her to be the one -- thought it was stepmom. so ji eun is showing herself to be ambitious, quite vindictive and aggressive. chairman seo rin knew it was stepmom's idea to put miran on stage but he pretends he doesn't know. now with a little digging, he knows she is not after his money but has some sort of grudge against him. yet, he goes home every night. ummm, this is turning into a far different drama than the original! what do folks think? is this change good or bad?

If Ji Eun and Jung Ming fall off a bridge together and Se Hoon grows a spine before he dies I am all for it. Ji Eun showed me how vindictive she was when she threw Se Hoon's mother ring in the garbage. Jung Min 2.0 is even dirtier than his predecessor. He is acting just as emotionally unstable as Mi Ran; totally bad for business. This is why I think that Ji Eun and Jung Min will be the super bad Bonnie and Clyde couple riding and dying to the end.

Ji Eun's reasons for being with Jung Min are trash. She basically says that she will have to endure it all which is her backhanded way being mad at her ex-husband for still not taking out the crap her family put him through. Why? Because he saves you from a fire? Your ex-husband walking around here with heart attacks and saved you from an elevator and all you can tell him is don't help me again?

I may have a opposite view and know that he has blood on his hands, but the chairman gets a high five from me concerning Ji Eun's dad. 

Jung Min has a "Napoléon" complex.

If she wants to change things up even more, she needs to give Se Hoon a formidable woman he grows interest in and commits to that will put all of them in their place or reform Mi Ran. Why have Se Hoon chasing the chick who called him cheap wine, whose father tortured him ran into traffic and got killed?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, joccu said:

@Lmangla I do like some of the changes bc it would be boring to watch knowing everything. 

yea, the drama feels like it is going on its own tangent and so we can't expect what happened in the original. in a way, thats' good as there is a surprise feel. at the same time, ji eun and jung min are getting more terrible. sae hoon is okay. miran is full on total psycho and am just waiting for her to try murder sae hoon at some point...

21 hours ago, foreverempress said:

This is why I think that Ji Eun and Jung Min will be the super bad Bonnie and Clyde couple riding and dying to the end.

Ji Eun's reasons for being with Jung Min are trash. She basically says that she will have to endure it all which is her backhanded way being mad at her ex-husband for still not taking out the crap her family put him through. Why? Because he saves you from a fire? Your ex-husband walking around here with heart attacks and saved you from an elevator and all you can tell him is don't help me again?

I may have a opposite view and know that he has blood on his hands, but the chairman gets a high five from me concerning Ji Eun's dad. 

Jung Min has a "Napoléon" complex.

If she wants to change things up even more, she needs to give Se Hoon a formidable woman he grows interest in and commits to that will put all of them in their place or reform Mi Ran. Why have Se Hoon chasing the chick who called him cheap wine, whose father tortured him ran into traffic and got killed?

yea, this is one drama where I think the female lead deserves the second lead because they are both equally immature and dumb. sae hoon is totally out of her league in maturity and it is still unclear what he saw in her. ji eun continues to annoy me. it would be nice if sae hoon ended up with another woman who will be a better match for him. he certainly deserves better. even remaining single is a better option than being with ji eun...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, joccu said:

how the stepmom plan to take the revenge?

is the chairman going to die before he get his surgery?

I think he is trapping his illegitimate wife to draw her out. She will make a flat out attempt next week I believe.  IMO, she has been poisoning him in his drinks all along.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I too love her and only her @Lmangla

it says something when the stepmom is far more sympathetic than ji eun. even nakyung feels more like a nicer person in comparison. in the end of today's episode, stepmom pegs ji eun as someone who is arrogant and who falls because they are so tied up in their self. that is so spot on. am not sure where the writer is going but ji eun is getting more and more unlikeable. is it the actress or is it the writing or is it the combination of both? there are not too many dramas where you are want the female lead to fall because she aggravates you this much. was eye rolling when she called sae hoon selfish and the root of all her problems. yea right, look in the mirror and see your own reflection you horrid creature. ugh. he wasn't the one who created this miran PR fiasco. she did. :expressionless:

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, joccu said:

@Lmangla the stepmom is the best character.

Your right about ji eun.  I think it's both. The actress and the writing.

she comes across as quite an ambitious, manipulative gold digger in some scenes. it is really strange to give that vibe for the main lead. keep wondering what on earth sae hoon saw in her. the fella should count his stars that he is not with her....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

it says something when the stepmom is far more sympathetic than ji eun. even nakyung feels more like a nicer person in comparison. in the end of today's episode, stepmom pegs ji eun as someone who is arrogant and who falls because they are so tied up in their self. that is so spot on. am not sure where the writer is going but ji eun is getting more and more unlikeable. is it the actress or is it the writing or is it the combination of both? there are not too many dramas where you are want the female lead to fall because she aggravates you this much. was eye rolling when she called sae hoon selfish and the root of all her problems. yea right, look in the mirror and see your own reflection you horrid creature. ugh. he wasn't the one who created this miran PR fiasco. she did. :expressionless:

@Lmangla It is due to the actress. She plays a villain well but needs lesson on playing a heroine. Like Lee Yu Ri, Hwang Jeum, Ko Seung Hee who can can play any role good or evil and make it believable. 

Hong Soo Ah's acting is the same as her last role Love to END. I don't like Ji Eun either because it just proves she hasn't grown up since the start of the drama. She keeps acting mature but she knows nothing of the real world. Myeong -Hwa analyzed all three perfectly but at least Jang Se Hoon sees things clearly but is so in love with with his ex that he refuses to let her fall in her own PIT OF HELL.  she decided to fall for a man who is just as immature as her and will never learn. I think if it was another actress, I would have loved them but with HSA I can't feel her pain.

In cases like this a lot of man who are boring fall for woman who are fierce, selfish and childish. the need to protect them can be very strong.

Here is an episode 00:00- 00:43

• Like 4
  • Love 1

great explanation @UnniSarah; the original is one of my favourite melos and you really felt ji eun's pain as well as transformation. here, I keep feeling like this ji eun is more of a villain. like you said, she is still immature and blames everyone. the time leap seems to have only added to her pity party. her logic that sae hoon should have endured all nasty treatment makes no sense. she seems to think that falling in love means you have no pride. if that is the case, why do you bristle when others put you down? so, she acts higher than holy to sae hoon when she hasn't half of what he endured.

this actress is a terrible choice for a female lead. the drama really needed an actress like lee yuri who can bring multi-shades even to a dark character. maybe thats why the writer is making ji eun more manipulative and darker instead. since the actress is good at playing bad, maybe it is meant to a love story of the silly woman.

sae hoon needs to just walk away and let her suffer in this pit of her own making. that will be satisfying to watch..  but it looks like the poor fella is so in love with that the moment she cries to him, he will go running. ugh. it is like he wants some  punishment. or like you said, boring men fall for selfish, childish women. shrug.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

well miran revenge backfired.  Jung min or Sae hoon is always saving Ji eun. 

the Chairman is now out off picture for awhile until he wakes up.  Jung min going to blame the stepmom and probably trying to get her out. 

well I hoped for more in this episode. 

Nakyung what does she want? 

• Like 3

The pacing seems a bit way off for this drama. It is starting to seem a bit all over the place for a drama that is 120 episodes.  The stepmother went from kind of brilliant to unhinged psycho. The only way she will get by this is if they kill the chairman off now which would not make sense considering other reveals that will have to happen. He will likely wake up with amnesia with her trying to kill him until the end.

Again, I agree with others that this actress and/or the storyline is not fitting as the female lead. She is contrary! She is cheering that Jung Min protected her feeble minded behind, but rebuffs her ex. I can understand acting a bit deranged because of grief regarding losing their child, but this is too much. Everything she does is a big act. She did not care that everything her ex-husband worked for is going down the drain. She walked away to get hot coffee with her hero. Se Hoon needs to get the bigger picture and leave it alone. 

I liked the other twin. The actors acting or the writing for Jung Min is theatrical!

• Like 4

liked the performance of the actress playing the stepmom -- she is in pain, she wants revenge but her tears show that this isn't something she enjoys necessarily and she sort of zones out in grief/shock. so nice nuances there and that she is willing to use miran for her own purposes. ouch!

2 hours ago, joccu said:

Nakyung what does she want? 

she wants security for her son. chairman never even acknowledged her son as jung in's heir. she also wants some sort of family/father connection for her son. since chairman isn't going to do it, the next in line is jung min. liked how she made it very clear that her help was specifically for jung min and not for ji eun. so at some point, she will call in the favour and ask him to do what is necessary to pave the way for her son to be formally acknowledged as part of the family.

while the press conference was amusing -- so many bombs! -- had to eye roll at the way ji eun and jung min reacted. it felt so juvenile that they were flirting after such drama. wonder how the local audience is viewing these characters. we can't be the only ones who dislike them so much right?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

she wants security for her son. chairman never even acknowledged her son as jung in's heir. she also wants some sort of family/father connection for her son. since chairman isn't going to do it, the next in line is jung min. liked how she made it very clear that her help was specifically for jung min and not for ji eun. so at some point, she will call in the favour and ask him to do what is necessary to pave the way for her son to be formally acknowledged as part of the family.

You are right; she does want security for her son. I would not be surprised if she did slowly fall in love with Jung Min because he is the twin and gets confused. That is why I believe they are going for a Bonnie Clyde angle and will white knight Jung Min. Ji Eun doesn't want to be with Se Hoon because it has hurt so many people and in her mind, ruined her parents business and led to the death of her father which is why she will not entertain the feelings she has for Se Hoon and blame him for everything.  J

Jung Min is saving her, but will she feel the same when she finds out that Jun Min's father had her father killed and dismantled their business so that he could acquire it and because her cold hearted father attacked him first by getting his business raided by the government? In the original, Jung Min covered for his father, deleted evidence in her presence, had Se Hoon setup for the fall of the shady business by kidnapping Ji Eun for leverage for Se Hoon to take the fall and go to jail. Ji Eun was repulsed and her shallow love became anger and hate. The reason I believe it will be reverse is because they are setting it up to be Jung Min's father fault or intent that Jung Min's twin died  which will give both Na Kyung and Jung Min motivate to take him down. Ji Eun will be so pleased that he was willing to sacrifice his father further cementing her love for him. After all, Se Hoon caused "me" to lose "my" baby and even sold "my" father out to save his to avoid prison that "my" father set him up to begin with. 

The writer will have to prove me wrong.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

On 1/1/2021 at 12:24 AM, Lmangla said:

great explanation @UnniSarah; the original is one of my favourite melos and you really felt ji eun's pain as well as transformation. here, I keep feeling like this ji eun is more of a villain. like you said, she is still immature and blames everyone. the time leap seems to have only added to her pity party. her logic that sae hoon should have endured all nasty treatment makes no sense. she seems to think that falling in love means you have no pride. if that is the case, why do you bristle when others put you down? so, she acts higher than holy to sae hoon when she hasn't half of what he endured.

this actress is a terrible choice for a female lead. the drama really needed an actress like lee yuri who can bring multi-shades even to a dark character. maybe thats why the writer is making ji eun more manipulative and darker instead. since the actress is good at playing bad, maybe it is meant to a love story of the silly woman.

sae hoon needs to just walk away and let her suffer in this pit of her own making. that will be satisfying to watch..  but it looks like the poor fella is so in love with that the moment she cries to him, he will go running. ugh. it is like he wants some  punishment. or like you said, boring men fall for selfish, childish women. shrug.

Absolutely agree!   She had the audacity to say that he was arrogant to her parents and never opened up to them!  She thinks what they did to him was just a slap on the wrist.  

But at the moment I feel more irritated with the 2 guys.  SH - why so stupid, still hung up over this immature selfish woman!  The words she uttered shows that she still thinks her family is up there and has the right to act the way they did.  Her parents just didn't do something spiteful - it was downright wicked.  

and  the restaurant guy!  I feel a bit sick every time they show him with JE's mum.  He seems like a kind, upright man.  and I hate the writer for making a good person fall  in love with that wicked, haughty man. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, O said:

and  the restaurant guy!  I feel a bit sick every time they show him with JE's mum.  He seems like a kind, upright man.  and I hate the writer for making a good person fall  in love with that wicked, haughty man. 

I feel the same way @O. The restaurant guy seems desperate wanting to be with her. I believe they are trying to point out  have you heard of the saying  a good woman will make you better instead in this drama, it is in the reverse A good man can make you a better woman. I find this to be ridiculous and very desperate.  

By the way , I find the Jung Min's voice so annoying and irritating because it comes out so fake. 

I hope SH leaves the company and stop running it and let Ji Eun fall into despair. She is way to dumb

• Like 4