[Drama 2020/2021] Phoenix / The Firebird, 불새

0ly40

it so makes sense they had to bring in some change of writers because the drama has run out of story. so they kept the main lead (who is actually a second lead now) but for what reason? now, they have introduced another man to woo ji eun. good grief! and this guy is taking revenge? on jung min for stealing his girl. okay, whatever. this new fella is some young kpop idol. this drama must be in trouble if they are bringing in an idol this late in the story to try stir up some interest... 

and in the preview, ji eun is crying over jung min for the 1000th time. someone please slap this woman for being annoying. instead of phoenix, the title of the drama should "the men in ji eun's life" <_<

• Unamused 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

There's an official update as to what's been happening behind-the-scenes with writer Lee Yoo Jin. I've summarized it:

Writer Lee Yoo Jin had already agreed to leave the drama after an "incident" (they don't really go into specifics on that), and writer Kim Mo was brought in to replace her. But just 1 day after leaving, writer Lee Yoo Jin decided to return and resolved the conflict with the production crew. She said she'll do her best to work together with the production crew for the remaining episodes of the drama. The production crew gave some encouragement to the actors/actresses and staff by saying that they'll make sure that no more issues happen until the end of the drama.

source: http://www.spotvnews.co.kr/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=402673

That's basically what happened. I wonder how the plot will go now since she ended up staying....

• Insightful 3
  • Blob 1

2 minutes ago, Ayame said:

That's basically what happened. I wonder how the plot will go now since she ended up staying....

in more circles? :sweatingbullets: they have killed off or mutated the more interesting characters. there is basically no plot left. am finding it very hard to dredge up any interest to keep watching.

Sesame Street Idk GIF

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

@joccu @Lmangla

This is definitely one of those daily dramas which could've been easily 20 episodes long. If it was funny at least like "Man in a Veil".... but it's not. :lol:

am convinced the writer, PD  and even the actors of man in veil are all amazing :joy:; the plot makes no sense at all but it is still entertaining and we are not bored at all. instead we are laughing. LOL.

2 hours ago, joccu said:

@Lmangla your not the only one. it's really hard to watch if you FF most off the scenes. 

yea, even FF most of the scenes, it is still boring. we can just watch the previews for the drama and pretty much know what happened. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 1

9 hours ago, Lmangla said:

in more circles? :sweatingbullets: they have killed off or mutated the more interesting characters. there is basically no plot left. am finding it very hard to dredge up any interest to keep watching.

You're probably right. I was hoping that since they (the writer & production crew) came to a compromise that maybe the plot will get slightly better, but it's most likely too late at this point lol.

Also, I was looking through some other Korean articles and I noticed some things. Starting at Episode 61, they added a co-writer to the drama. Her name is Kim Shi Eun. I checked to see if she's written any other dramas, but I couldn't find anything. Also, the Chief Producer for the drama, Choi Young Hoon left after Episode 60 and SBS hired a new one. Park Young Soo has been the new Chief Producer since Episode 61.

SBS made those changes without any official announcements. I only noticed because it was mentioned in a caption of a Korean article. I don't know if changing the chief producer and adding a co-writer was because of the rumors with the actor Lee Jae Woo or because of the incident with the writer Lee Yoo Jin. There's just too many things going on behind-the-scenes of this drama.

:what!:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, joccu said:

i decided to check today episode. but we are still going circles. and we are going to get another new character. 

I don't know it is possible but this drama rates lower than fatal promise and man in a veil. those two mad dramas were better written than this. :joy:

am just watching this drama now by previews. :lol:

• LOL 2

10 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

At least Fatal Promise made more sense.

hahahah... but yes.  you know this drama is bad when a nonsensical plot like fatal promise made more sense. :joy:. it was more entertaining and it had lively acting from the actors. LOL.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

it's obvious that Ji Eun is going to end with Jung Min, she doesn't seem to think Sae Hoon anymore;), but I wonder where the writers want to finish this story, there are at least 43 episodes left, unless they add more episodes
they brought in two new characters, so two new love triangles? so the new girl who came in today will try to get closer to Jung Min? ok, and we already know that the new guy resents Jung Ming and deliberately gets closer to Ji Eun, surely he will succeed in hurting them, so I can see Sae Hoon as a savior lol:joy:

• LOL 1

On 2/9/2021 at 3:08 PM, marrez1 said:

it's obvious that Ji Eun is going to end with Jung Min, she doesn't seem to think Sae Hoon anymore;), but I wonder where the writers want to finish this story, there are at least 43 episodes left, unless they add more episodes
they brought in two new characters, so two new love triangles? so the new girl who came in today will try to get closer to Jung Min? ok, and we already know that the new guy resents Jung Ming and deliberately gets closer to Ji Eun, surely he will succeed in hurting them, so I can see Sae Hoon as a savior lol:joy:

Then SH is the winner! Only a loser will end up with JE. She doesn’t know the meaning of love. And that face of hers! Either she’s crying or angry. And almost every episode, she’s on her high horse telling someone off. Like she knows so much, like she’s such a good, decent person! puke!

she should’ve been the daughter of Chairman’s mistress. That one! Yah she had a tough life. But to prostitute yourself to a man for 10 years to take revenge?! Ha, you made him a winner! Don’t know how her Mom died. But she never once wondered why her Dad chose the easy way out & didn’t stay on to protect his teenage daughter? You want revenge for this pathetic father??

will just watch a few more episodes. If it doesn’t improve, I’m out. Not a single character worth rooting for. SH only gets half a point. He’s so wimpy!

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, joccu said:

@Lmangla SH left to america with Miran to get a new heart. 

I'm wondering about the new secretary what is her plans? she totally planning something? but who is her target?

how strange -- this is the first drama where the male lead was written out along with the clingy second female lead. :huh: definitely something happened behind the scenes. given how annoying ji eun didn't care one bit, sae hoon actually made a somewhat better choice with miran who actually cried that he was ill and maybe terminal. not sure where this drama is going but neither the writer, PD or station should have called this phoenix 2020. maybe they can change the drama title like they have swapped the leads. eye roll.

since jung min seems to be the male lead now, then the secretary also has some beef with the old chairman. maybe she is some daughter that got dumped? or maybe she hates ji eun's parents who were terrible people when they had money... (random theory as I have stopped watching this except for previews). ^_^

• Love 2
  • Blob 1