[Drama 2020/2021] Phoenix / The Firebird, 불새

0ly40

4 hours ago, joccu said:

I liked the meeting of jugmin stepmom and ji eun mom. I so can see how the future meeting is going to go. 

yea, it should be fun to watch. the stepmom is very classy devious and she hasn't forgotten how badly she was treated by ji eun's mom. wonder why she is not legally married to chairman seorin and what exactly is she wanting to get? mom thinks stepmom has no power but it might turn out to be the opposite...

• Like 3

So JE's Dad died!  I missed the part about how the family lost their money.  I thought the Mum had the controlling shares and the brother was also involved in the business?  The only regret I have is that miserable guy should have lived and gone through poverty alongside his family.  JE's sister looks like she is in her mid-30s but acting like a teenager.  And she was no better, taking a stranger's bag and hitting the sister with it.  

• Like 6

thanks for posting the previews @Jillia; basically keep deciding whether to watch or not based on those clips.

4 hours ago, O said:

So JE's Dad died!  I missed the part about how the family lost their money.  I thought the Mum had the controlling shares and the brother was also involved in the business?  The only regret I have is that miserable guy should have lived and gone through poverty alongside his family.  JE's sister looks like she is in her mid-30s but acting like a teenager.  And she was no better, taking a stranger's bag and hitting the sister with it.  

so basically there was a time jump and they haven't gone into details about how the company went bankrupt. it is clear there is some shady stuff that went down based on conversations between chairman seorin and manager jang (who used to work for ji eun's father as a finance manager). there is some worry that secret will come out but it is unclear what exactly this secret is. at this moment, the company supposedly went bankrupt because of some financial irregularities and bribes but it looks like there might be more to this as seorin bought the company for really cheap... and mom's brother basically ran off with whatever money was left according to a complaint from the mom once...

2 hours ago, foreverempress said:

The writer of the old Firebird and now this one has managed to make me dislike almost every character on this show. Jung Min is a petty little childish jerk. He is willing to ruin a business and step over others to get her; he acts like a 3 yr old.

he really is very arrogant. can understand why sae hoon gets hackled by jung min. the way he pursues ji eun is also a bit over the top. he is supposed to be charming and funny but for some reason, it comes across as bit too pushy. and why should sae hoon leave the company because ji eun decided to work at seo rin? sae hoon was good in threatening to call a board meeting if jung min acts like an idiot.

am still not liking the main leads but the side characters seem more interesting and warm. now that stepmom has found out miran is her biological daughter, it will be it will be interesting to see what steps she takes. she actually sees the flaws of miran really well.

sae hoon's friend ho jin was really gritting his teeth at mom and looked like he will just tell her off; he should have because as he said, she was being unreasonable in blaming everything on sae hoon. restaurant ajusshi is way too nice -- the woman has zero sense of accountability. she treated her husband like dirt and now after he is gone, she misses him and feels bad. hmmm, guess that is the way of the world. but restaurant ajusshi deserves better than this ill-tempered mom. ho jin and bok ja continue to be rather cute. he almost thinks she likes him but she shuts that down. it will be fun to see that arc develop more...

other than the side characters, I do like the music and fashion on the show. some good clothes and music that suits the mood. wish the main characters more likeable.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

he really is very arrogant. can understand why sae hoon gets hackled by jung min. the way he pursues ji eun is also a bit over the top. he is supposed to be charming and funny but for some reason, it comes across as bit too pushy. and why should sae hoon leave the company because ji eun decided to work at seo rin? sae hoon was good in threatening to call a board meeting if jung min acts like an idiot.

I felt the same way. I tried to like this guy  Jung Min but he was to pushy and always telling her he likes her. What really shocked me, is that she started to like this PUSHY MAN. I am like WHY??? Why???

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I felt the same way. I tried to like this guy  Jung Min but he was to pushy and always telling her he likes her. What really shocked me, is that she started to like this PUSHY MAN. I am like WHY??? Why???

in the original, it was plain loneliness that she started dating jung min. here, it seems almost like a matter of greed. everyone is telling her that he is a great catch and so she seems to think "why not! I could do worse" kind of attitude... it seems that his interest makes her feel good and validated after feeling like she sucked for so many years... but yea, he was so pushy that it felt like office harassment. she specifically said she didn't want to cross lines and wanted professionalism. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

in the original, it was plain loneliness that she started dating jung min. here, it seems almost like a matter of greed. everyone is telling her that he is a great catch and so she seems to think "why not! I could do worse" kind of attitude... it seems that his interest makes her feel good and validated after feeling like she sucked for so many years... but yea, he was so pushy that it felt like office harassment. she specifically said she didn't want to cross lines and wanted professionalism. 

Although we both know how 

Spoiler

psycho he will become briefly in the end

this fool (Jung Min) is starting off way to early. I actually like the way the original drama did their reveal. I wish that they would have built SJ and Jung Min as friends at first before Jung Min became a stage 5 clinger that way the reveal would have been more dramatic.

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

caught up! so when I see sae hoon clutching his heart, it makes me giggle. :sweatingbullets: it is not supposed to be funny but it was. so he finds out miran is lying to him, he goes dramatically to confront her, gets pain and then gets up like it was nothing and walks away. :lol: don't think heart pain is supposed to be that easy to get over.. hahahha..

jung min is still annoying and it was satisfying to see ji eun turn her back on him. it doesn't seem believable that she likes him and he is ridiculously immature. why should sae hoon leave when he was working at the company before these two idiots joined? but it looks like jung min will just wear her down and she will have to get a taste of what sae hoon went through.

not sure what the stepmom is up to -- why does she suggest chairman appoint na kyung there in the office?

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

caught up! so when I see sae hoon clutching his heart, it makes me giggle. :sweatingbullets: it is not supposed to be funny but it was. so he finds out miran is lying to him, he goes dramatically to confront her, gets pain and then gets up like it was nothing and walks away. :lol: don't think heart pain is supposed to be that easy to get over.. hahahha..

jung min is still annoying and it was satisfying to see ji eun turn her back on him. it doesn't seem believable that she likes him and he is ridiculously immature. why should sae hoon leave when he was working at the company before these two idiots joined? but it looks like jung min will just wear her down and she will have to get a taste of what sae hoon went through.

not sure what the stepmom is up to -- why does she suggest chairman appoint na kyung there in the office?

I giggled too @Lmangla it shouldn't be funny but it made me laugh. I even played it 4 times for laughs.  With subs, he is asking her to like JM later but she already likes him and for some reason I can't fathom why. It is so sad that both JM and MR are going to try to manipulate the leads which will only be their downfall. 

What is the illness SH has? Have they told us the medical terminology of it.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

42 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I giggled too @Lmangla it shouldn't be funny but it made me laugh. I even played it 4 times for laughs.  With subs, he is making her to like JM later but she already likes him and for some reason I can't fathom why. It is so sad that both JM and MR are going to try to manipulate the leads which will only be their downfall. 

What is the illness SH has? Have they told us the medical terminology of it.

that scene really was unintentionally funny. :lol: I also don't get why she already jung min; just because he pays attention to her? I was rolling my eyes when she said that he had 'slowly' walked into her heart. what slowly? he is speed rolling over her and it is 'slow'? hahahahha... but yea, both jung min and miran are really selfish here. so liking them less and less. am curious to see how nakyung will be with jung min. for a second, she was overwhelmed as she was reminded of jung in.. as for sae hoon's illness, it sounded like he had a heart transplant and now that is failing. or something about his heart progressively failing over time. basically he needs a new heart...

• Like 8

I really despise the character JE and the way she is so nasty to SJ. I think he was too mature for her.  She was a spoiled brat who couldn't get her way.  Her family was exceptionally cruel to him, but she wanted him to cower to them.  I hope she gets everything from JM's father that her family dished out to SJ.  

Okay.  I'll go back to the real world! LOL

• Like 6

15 hours ago, calledtoteach said:

I really despise the character JE and the way she is so nasty to SJ. I think he was too mature for her.  She was a spoiled brat who couldn't get her way.  Her family was exceptionally cruel to him, but she wanted him to cower to them.  I hope she gets everything from JM's father that her family dished out to SJ.  

Okay.  I'll go back to the real world! LOL

I still don't get why he fell madly for her. my only answer is lust or that he was bored with being mature.....

3 hours ago, 사나다니엘 said:

is this a good drama?

one of those drama where you don't really like the characters but you keep watching because :

a) you need something to pass your time and this is okayish

b) you want to know how it ends and so you keep checking in...

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, joccu said:

right now I´m interested of Jugmin stepmom story.

same! I find her and na kyung really interesting as well. neither are typical stepmom and greedy sister-in-law type characters. the stepmom is not motivated by money, can clearly see miran's faults and gives good advice. so what is she really after? and na kyung for all her greediness actually loved jung in and still misses him a little. so it is not as simple as she is greedy. so it will be interesting to see what she is hiding about his death. bok ja and ho jin are also done well and I hope we see more of that pairing. restaurant ajusshi is fine on his own but it feels like he has some death wish where he wants to die early due to high blood pressure and thus is interested in dating mom. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4