[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

23 hours ago, shinystar1985 said:

Not sure if this has already been shared here but I quite enjoy their interactions. It’s evident they’re very comfortable with one another. When asked what Cha young meant to Vincenzo, sjk answered that she’s very delightful and every word she says can be heard in his heart. Jyb’s favorite scene was Vincenzo riding the horse. It’s safe to say she speaks for everyone lol. 

I have seen this yet, I will watch this later have to go to bed soon, thanks for sharing those!:).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shinystar1985 said:

Writernim must be some kind of sadist to cast sjk and jyb into one drama and not give them a romance line. That’s pure torture and I refuse to accept it. Hear me out, I’m aware he isn’t keen on doing romance but this one is different right? I watched Chief Kim and at no point did they hint at a potential love angle between the leads so it made sense. I remember there being more chemistry between Chief Kim and Junho’s character and it was junho’s character who had interest in the FL. I didn’t watch Fiery Priest so can’t speak on it but someone who has please enlighten me. Was there this same kind of slow burn throughout the drama only to be put out to ashes at the end?

i watched Fiery Priest, no romance whatsoever there. no hint at all. Kim Nam Gil and Honey is just like our duo, strong and dynamic but no romance involve.   

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, nurlayla said:

i watched Fiery Priest, no romance whatsoever there. no hint at all. Kim Nam Gil and Honey is just like our duo, strong and dynamic but no romance involve.

thanks for providing that info! it makes me feel relieved. means there’s a reason they’re hinting romance in our drama. Vincenzo & Hong Cha Young are endgame. :wub:

• Like 3

22 hours ago, shinystar1985 said:

thanks for providing that info! it makes me feel relieved. means there’s a reason they’re hinting romance in our drama. Vincenzo & Hong Cha Young are endgame. :wub:

I actually thought of a potential way to end the drama while staying true to the main theme of the show (which isn't romance of course) while also showing that V & CY are endgame. 

Can you imagine V saying something like "That's Mrs. Cassano for you" and the camera pans to the usual cinematic ending shot of both of them in one screen. Something like the endings we have gotten for all the episodes as of now, them being a power couple/duo. 

Not sure if you guys know what I mean hahah. Just a random thought which I felt could address the romance/chemistry while staying true to its roots.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

@chuu18 Haha can so see that happening! But I’m greedy and I want a kiss and not just any but a passionate one at that :kiss_wink: Just picturing how it’ll happen gets me all giddy. Judging from Cha young’s character, it can go one of two ways. After the kiss, she might react extra to embarrass/tease him or she will be a bit timid yet be so touched by it. That’s what I love about Hong Cha Young. She’s unapologetically herself, eccentric and crazy but she can be serious when she needs to be without it feeling like a bad segue. She’s a good balance and literally one of my favorite female characters!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, shinystar1985 said:

@chuu18 Haha can so see that happening! But I’m greedy and I want a kiss and not just any but a passionate one at that :kiss_wink: Just picturing how it’ll happen gets me all giddy. Judging from Cha young’s character, it can go one of two ways. After the kiss, she might react extra to embarrass/tease him or she will be a bit timid yet be so touched by it. That’s what I love about Hong Cha Young. She’s unapologetically herself, eccentric and crazy but she can be serious when she needs to be without it feeling like a bad segue. She’s a good balance and literally one of my favorite female characters!

I'm most definitely with you on this. They better give us at least one scene where they kiss the hell out of each other!!

Would be very fitting of their characters and oh god, please do not give us those rom com type of "our lips touched = kiss" kind of crap lol where the characters just stay stationary with their lips pressed against each other. It's just really awkward to watch haha .________."

And yes, HCY is one of my favourite female characters! Wacky but charming. Gone are the days of the "stupid, white and sweet" (傻白甜) type of character. Or characters that have no backbone and only know how to cry and whine lol

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Taecyeon Dishes On Being Similar To His “Vincenzo” Character + 2PM’s Comeback Plans

b772a7d2e1194d139b2c203c0442a9ce.jpeg?s=

Mar 19, 2021
by E. Cha

In a recent interview and pictorial with 1st Look magazine, 2PM’s Taecyeon talked about his hit drama “Vincenzo,” his thoughts on acting, and more!

Taecyeon is currently starring in tvN’s “Vincenzo” as Jang Joon Woo, a seemingly innocent rookie lawyer with a shocking secret. The multifaceted role, which is unlike anything the 2PM member has played before, has allowed Taecyeon to showcase his impressive range as an actor.

Describing the role as a new challenge for him, Taecyeon revealed that he was initially drawn to the character of Jang Joon Woo because of how similar they were.

“Joon Woo shares so many similarities with my real-life personality that when I first read the script, I thought to myself, ‘I have to do this role!'” he recalled. “But as it turned out, Jang Joon Woo was a character with a wide variety of unexpected charms.”

“Because he’s a character whose personality switches back and forth between cold and warm, I’ve been spending a lot of time worrying about each and every little detail during filming, wondering, ‘Will it look right if I express [the character] like this?'” said Taecyeon. “Because it’s a kind of acting that I’ve never tried before, I’m curious to see how viewers react to this side of me.”

Taecyeon1.jpeg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1459894wpp/taecyeon-dishes-on-being-similar-to-his-vincenzo-character-2pms-comeback-plans

• Like 4

Vincenzo: Episode 8

by quirkycase

Vincenzo08-00695.jpg

When Jipuragi learns that Babel intends to join hands with a prominent bank with its own history of trampling on whoever gets in their way, our unconventional lawyers decide to get in their way. This time, it’s our eccentric heroine who comes up with a daring scheme that relies on our lead’s charm and ability to swindle. If they can pull this off, they’ll not only deal another major blow to Babel, but they’ll also revel in some personal revenge.

EPISODE 8

After the fight, everyone is taken down to the police station where CEO Park and his men whine behind bars about how the tenants started it. Everyone’s looking pretty rough, but Monk Chaeshin wins for having a perfect shoe imprint on his shiny bald head.

Cha-young cuts in amongst all the yelling – Vincenzo has been delegated as her purse holder – and explains the situation. To prove the tenants were acting in self-defense, Young-ho plays the video he recorded.

They have a celebratory dinner and lament not taking on CEO Park earlier, patting themselves on the back for their superior fighting skills. The tenants all thank Vincenzo for helping them find their confidence and fighting spirit.

Team Leader Ahn watches Vincenzo and credits him with inspiring everyone through his strength and leadership. His idealism reaches a peak when he has the epiphany, “Vincenzo isn’t a mafioso; he’s Che Guevara.”

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/03/vincenzo-episode-8/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I just started ep 1 going in with bare minimal s (not read any news or watched the trailer) so I had no idea that it’s a dark comedy Kdrama! I was watching and expecting a cool mafia lawyer type and then I stared to laugh and it didn’t stop lol. What an interesting mix of characters and genre of plot tropes!! Since I way behind, I won’t post often and I don’t want to accidentally read spoilers lol. Enjoy—-!

• Like 4

It warms my heart seeing JYB getting so much love on the thread now :blush:

On 3/17/2021 at 5:44 AM, chuu18 said:

Agreed! JYB really grew on me and KSC was a perfect guest star. This should open more doors for them going forward.

And yes the tenants, ugh. Less is more at this point. I find myself always fast-forwarding their scenes. :S 

Yes, this is a great opportunity for JYB. She was incredible in Be Melodramatic but that was quite a small drama so I'm so happy she is getting more exposure here and gaining so many new fans.  KSC was a perfect special appearance!  I didn't know this but he is friends with SJK from his previous drama, Arthdal, so maybe that made the scenes easier haha. The tenants are just tiresome.  I am not interested in them unless they are helping Jipuragi team with their revenge plans.  Their scenes are just too loud and go on for too long without adding anything.

On 3/17/2021 at 7:01 AM, bee_wannabe said:
Spoiler

I think he's still important figure in making the crucial decisions regarding Babel, including the damage control he ordered his brother to do when he realized they lost the Babel Chemicals case to Jipuragi. We just didn't get to see it often because the writer may think that it is not necessary. Jun woo has said it before, Han Seo takes care of the company (but still in accordance to his order), while he takes care of the law. So i think he intends to learn more about law in order to abuse it and use it to control the government and makes his own empire. And the best way to understand things comprehensively is by learning it from the bottom/baseline thus he becomes an intern at Wusang.

In my opinion, this is in parallel to the state of the world. In fact, this drama may be the writer's satirical way to show how this world actually works behind the facade of the government and the law, as well as his hope for a strong force like vincenzo to appear and avenge those who hides behind the law for their own agenda. We know the one that moves/controls everything in this world is actually not the president, the government, or even the UNs, but groups of conglomerates who own large businesses and control the economy. They try to gain more money and even control the nation for their benefits. Jun woo aspires to be just like the Rockefellers in real life.

The problem is Jun Woo doesn't have as much experience as vincenzo or cha young, or even myung hee in finding ways to look for others' weaknesses and use it for his own advantage. He forces his way, instead of manipulating people for his agenda. Should i say, he's a book smart, while vincenzo and cha young are both book smart and also a street smart. That's why we barely see his contribution to the cases despite being labeled as the "big villain" of the show.

I get that he is doing things behind the scenes but from a dramatic angle it just isn't very compelling. The character needs to be more dynamic especially as he is portrayed as this mercurial character but, aside from the chilling flashback where he supervises killing his father, he doesn't DO anything except boss around and bully the two senior lawyers and his little brother.  Even if they just gave him more scenes with Cha Young so the audience can enjoy the duality of intern JJW vs Chairman JJJW and become even more hurt for CY that her friend is secretly plotting against her but the drama even cut those interactions this week.  Also why couldn't he just be an intern and learn about the law? Why does he need to hide his identity or play dumb?

So far I find Han Seo a more interesting character probably because Kwak Dong Yeon is a stronger actor. Anyway, it looks like JJW is going to be more active this week so, hopefully, he will make more of a mark.

On 3/17/2021 at 7:10 AM, shinystar1985 said:

Oh don’t get me started on the tenants. They annoy me so much and I can do without them completely. I even care about that gang more than them. At least they’re amusing and their encounters with Vincenzo is always hilarious. My favorite extra is Mr Nam and I also like the NIS agent. Everyone else, the lesser screen time, the better lol. 

This!  I find the gang funnier and we usually get the bonus of cool action from Vincenzo in their scenes.  In the beginning, I thought the tenants were going to be fleshed out but now it's clear they are just there to be gag characters which seems unnecessary with all the other humour and funny characters in the drama.  My favorite supporting comic characters is also Mr Nam. He is hilarious and so endearing^_^  I like the NIS agent and his Vincenzo fanboying but I sometimes find the positioning of his scenes disruptive.  From the residents, I like the Buddhist monks and piano lady isn't as obnoxious as the other tenants. As I said, I wouldn't mind the GP residents so much if they were just there to help with the revenge and make a few funny comments in the background but they get way too much time for pointless scenes like gold hunting or eating dinner whilst the drama cuts VC/CY/JW and HS scenes who are actually leading characters.

On 3/17/2021 at 9:58 AM, bee_wannabe said:

Join the club! I also didnt feel song-song couple chemistry in DOTS. I was happy for their fairytale like wedding anyway.

Being the female lead alongside a famous well established actor like SJK is already a huge burden for relatively new lead material actress like JYB. As if it's not enough his last high profile romantic pairing in a drama was the gorgeous SHK. Some people will still compare. Added more fuel, the role is also challenging, because she needs to be ott yet endearing and strong at the same time. It's JYB first leading role in a drama. She has proven her acting in a movie After My Death but she's still relatively unknown to the general public. 

Her remarks in the BTS clip caught my attention. "Everything but my face was beautiful". This reminds me of her interview with SJK and Taec where she asked Jun Woo why he liked Cha Young. When Taec answered because she's pretty the words that came out of her was "he has weird taste"

I wanna tell her Noo, you're wrong, just like what SJK said "our Yeobinnie is the prettiest". And i cant imagine Cha Young being played by other actress. There are some parts where i think that she can tone down a bit, but the endearing parts are so much more that I could easily turn a blind eye on the exaggerated parts. Hong Cha Young is Jeon Yeo Bin.

Very good post!  JYB was certainly placed in a difficult position on the heels of the Song-Song couple and subsequent divorce drama (on Naver I still see trolls commenting mocking his divorce as if it is something to be ashamed of:rolleyes:) and playing an atypical female lead as a newbie actress to most of the audience.  Fortunately, after Papa Hong's death:tears: she is able to show the different facets of her character and Cha Young really grew on the audience. JYB is doing an excellent job and nobody else could play Hong Cha Young.  I agree there were a couple of places she could tone it down but I blame the director.  From the BTS the director is very hands-on so she is the one who wants it that way. JYB is very modest and not the most confident in herself or her appearance so I was really worried for how she must have felt when she was getting so much criticism in the first couple of weeks but now she is getting a lot of love :blush:(and she has SJK to remind her she is pretty:D)

On 3/17/2021 at 1:50 PM, Slyfindor said:

This drama finally got me to log into my account again. I don’t know why, but I am loving this show more than I usually would for some reason. I'm glad I stayed beyond the premier week because this particular show has been getting better each passing episode. Sure the humor (especially when they use the tenants to induce it) is still a hit or miss for me but it doesn't bother me much now.

Spoiler

Am I the only one here who needs to re-watch this drama to catch the plot? Because the first time I'm busy drooling over our insanely handsome Mafia Lawyer. How is it possible that Song Joong Ki has looked the same all these years yet getting finer each passing year? (Please forgive my incoherent rambling about SJK’s handsomeness). :please:

Vincenzo and Cha Young are such an impressive team. They are so attuned to each other. We have two head-strong, unorthodox, smart (good-looking, funny and dramatic) lawyers who instead of over-powering, complement each other, have each other’s back and might I add have quite come to rely on each other (especially Cha Young). The court shenanigans and their flair for spectacles is so bizarre and absurd yet it’s somehow fun and humorous. Their plans might not always be the perfect ones but it helps that they almost always have a backup plan to rely on when their original schemes are thwarted.

Vincenzo's schemes against Babel have been successful most time irrespective of small, major or partial wins, which is why I think our duo is on the verge of facing some setbacks in the coming weeks. Also because I think from this point on don't see any strong motivation for him to butt heads with Babel unlike Cha Young (unless he is doing it only for her, IMO which is a little out of character currently). He himself said that punching a couple of holes in Babel Ship is enough to pacify his anger. So I find it difficult to see him persist in his time and efforts to take down Babel when he'd rather dedicate it on getting his gold. I am curious to see what would the trigger be in making him unleash his Mafia side and going all in (the easiest guess would be his Mom, but I think that wouldn't be it considering there is unresolved angst and resentment between the mother-son duo).

Cha Young is a character I love to bits. She is so unabashedly herself without a concern for what anyone thinks of her. She is so badass with her antics and drama that I can’t help but have a girl-crush on her. Though on surface she seems like a whack-job - she’s perceptive, smart, cunning and an unafraid woman. We may have seen cracks in her façade here and there but these days she has a certain lawyer to support her during such times. Her confrontations with Myung Hee are filled with so much tension and I believe she’s treading a very thin line with both Myung Hee and Jun Woo that I’m afraid that they’ll soon come for her throat. However, In the end, I do hope that the one to take down Zumba Snake is the girl with a few screws loose.

About our couple, how absolutely adorable is it seeing our ruthless mafia being tender and soft for her. Those soft smiles Vincenzo has for her are EVERYTHING!!:heart2: I love how subtle their relationship progress has been from reluctant allies to powerful and enviable partners. They've been getting comfortable in each other's company and it's visible that which each passing episode they're getting used to being in each other's "personal space". I really can't with all of their grabbing, holding, hugging and touching these past few episodes. Though I'm afraid i'll be disappointed that this is all we'll get since this drama doesn't essentially have romance as a genre. i'll be okay with the crumbs too, just hope that makers don't leave us hanging for their romance after showing a good lot indications of their potential love story.

It's a good thing that this show doesn't take itself too seriously and doesn’t seem to dwell on heavy hitting moments. Which is what works the best for me when watching this show. It does manage to work out a perfect balance for most things (except for maybe the tenants and their parts), making it my current favorite airing drama.

Welcome to the thread :waves: There is really something special about this drama!  I think you are the third person I have seen start posting again because of Vincenzo drama and-especially-our Vincenzo and Cha Young couple.  Excellent post and I love your analysis of the characters and their actions!  I agree the slow burn is the best and the way their interactions have become more and more comfortable, familiar and...intimate is perfect. Also how they were just casually sharing one bowl in the tteokbokki restaurant or he brought her fave "iced sewage/Americano" when he got her out of jail in episode 7, how Vincenzo held Cha Young's purse at the station and how he walked her home in episode 8:fullofhearts:

On 3/18/2021 at 6:49 AM, shinystar1985 said:

I am so excited we are getting a loveline given the writer's previous dramas haven't really incorporated romance. i'm glad this drama won't waste SJK and JYB's hotness and incredible chemistry:wub:  

18 hours ago, shinystar1985 said:

I hope so! Maybe Babel will try to hurt her but won’t succeed in killing her. She’ll end up getting better because she’ll get the surgery?

I feel like they have been teasing this in the previews for the last couple of weeks but it's always some other bedbound character.  At this point, I think it is a red herring especially as nobody besides Vincenzo knows who she really is to him.

• Love 7

On 3/18/2021 at 9:45 AM, rocher22 said:

On 3/17/2021 at 9:58 AM, bee_wannabe said:

Join the club! I also didnt feel song-song couple chemistry in DOTS. I was happy for their fairytale like wedding anyway.

Being the female lead alongside a famous well established actor like SJK is already a huge burden for relatively new lead material actress like JYB. As if it's not enough his last high profile romantic pairing in a drama was the gorgeous SHK. Some people will still compare. Added more fuel, the role is also challenging, because she needs to be ott yet endearing and strong at the same time. It's JYB first leading role in a drama. She has proven her acting in a movie After My Death but she's still relatively unknown to the general public. 

Her remarks in the BTS clip caught my attention. "Everything but my face was beautiful". This reminds me of her interview with SJK and Taec where she asked Jun Woo why he liked Cha Young. When Taec answered because she's pretty the words that came out of her was "he has weird taste"

I wanna tell her Noo, you're wrong, just like what SJK said "our Yeobinnie is the prettiest". And i cant imagine Cha Young being played by other actress. There are some parts where i think that she can tone down a bit, but the endearing parts are so much more that I could easily turn a blind eye on the exaggerated parts. Hong Cha Young is Jeon Yeo Bin.

Agree perhaps an unpopular opinion but I also felt like song songs chemistry in dots was bland/dry and seemed more sibling like. There was also more effort from SJK's so maybe this could be attributed to SHK's mediocre acting. There was definitely more chemistry with SJK and kim ji Won characters loved the playful vibe they had.

Acting  with SJK sadly does come with its burdens I remember in Arthdal chronicles press, SJK was asked how SHK feels about him working with Kjw... imagine the awkwardness I think during that time he was separated from SHK but it wasn't official. 

This year is JYB's year, she's already going to be in a new drama by the extracurricular writer (which I believe is the best show of 2020), Nana who's also amazing has also been cast. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1