[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

We have been given hints that Vincenzo  seemed to know Cha-yong when they were younger... probably teens or their 20ish... from the dyed white hair Cha-yong in the photos at her father's home...

So we will see what will be revealed next.. 

The court room drama...the bee sting, funny.. but it didnt really get into me... and so we are curious why Vincenzo is in cuffs and of course that will be revealed in the next episode... how is he a witness to the case...hmm

• Like 5

Side note the agent  that write vincenzo  fake information  just prove how fans can make theirs idol a perfect  angel  from the sky with different  personalities from what they are :joy: 

Really, making that papers make me more suprised then JW  and others , from the adopt  son and the most powerful member  of the cassano family who scare  others mafia organizations to the most angel and perfect guy and  what human right lawyer!!!  ( he really have wild imagination :joy:

He making me laught  every time he see vincenzo  in his own  imagination and  explaining  of the events and he so believe what he thinking  he totally in his side now ( a really hint for fans and what they do)

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

It is doing awesome for rating! :).

19 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

We have been given hints that Vincenzo  seemed to know Cha-yong when they were younger... probably teens or their 20ish... from the dyed white hair Cha-yong in the photos at her father's home...

We have, can't wait to find out more about that.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

20 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

So we will see what will be revealed next.. 

I don't think that scene was meant to be a hint.

1) Vincenzo was doing a double-take at those photos because Cha-young looked so nerdy. He thought it was her sister at first and didn't believe it was the same person. Cha-young herself was embarrassed by those photos and ripped them off the wall after she came in.

2) Vincenzo left Italy as a kid and Cha-young was a teen in those photos. Vincenzo wouldn't have seen her in Korea as a teen because he was already in Italy.

• Like 9

On 3/9/2021 at 1:49 PM, Le_Amarant said:

I don't think that scene was meant to be a hint.

1) Vincenzo was doing a double-take at those photos because Cha-young looked so nerdy. He thought it was her sister at first and didn't believe it was the same person. Cha-young herself was embarrassed by those photos and ripped them off the wall after she came in.

2) Vincenzo left Italy as a kid and Cha-young was a teen in those photos. Vincenzo wouldn't have seen her in Korea as a teen because he was already in Italy.

Too early to say... a lot of possibilities. I think it has been shown that Vincenzo had been to Korea before, even before the death of his adopted father. Time will tell which theory will be correct:D

Though i did thought very briefly on the possibility of Vincenzo being the another son of Babel's..... however, it would have been impossible since Vincenzo attended his mom's court hearing 6 years ago? and im sure the person  who attacked his mom would have been revealed in court and Vincenzo would have know who he was.. afterall it was a sexual abuse case... 

Happy Belated Woman's Day to all women in this thread:wub:

• Like 8
  • Love 2

I have a question  the  agent AKS said in ep 1 that when vincenzo  come to Korea 5 years ago he was ordinary lawyer  ( person) but after that he becomes  a mafia lawyer 

And 5 years ago  is when he come to see his mother trial ( or maybe come to search  for her and find that she a criminal  or victim) 

And 5 years ago he give the idea to the Chinese  man to build  the gold room  

Is that all coincidences  ??? Did he live different even  when he was adopted  to that family  till  he come to Korea 5 years ago and finding his mother was the start of everything  

I am still believe  that he had hidden bigger  plan here  but if that wrong  and finding  his mother like this was also a cause  why he give hope to live normal  that also explains  his hate and anger 

All what I know there no coincidence in the drama land 

• Like 5

Watch: 2PM’s Taecyeon, Song Joong Ki, And Jeon Yeo Bin Aren’t Afraid To Get Excessive On The Set Of “Vincenzo”

e4ffd2283faa4e24a2bf444d370668d9.jpeg?s=

Mar 10, 2021
by S. Nam

The cast of tvN’s “Vincenzo” is bursting with energy behind the scenes!

Spoilers

The new making-of video begins with 2PM’s Taecyeon exercising shirtless to prepare for his scene. Taecyeon gets close to Kwak Dong Yeon in order to threaten him, and the director comments, “He’d like it so much if this was a kiss scene.” Taecyeon pretends to lean in even closer, and Kwak Dong Yeon comments, “Woah. Hey, hey. Calm down.”

In another scene, Song Joong Ki helps to massage Kim Seol Jin’s shoulders. Afterwards, he rehearses his action scene in detail, eventually nailing the scene perfectly. When Song Joong Ki, Taecyeon, and Jeon Yeo Bin get together to eat jjamppong (Korean spicy seafood noodle soup), Taecyeon tries a sip first and makes a face at how spicy it is. Song Joong Ki comments, “I really can’t eat spicy food.” During the actual filming, Song Joong Ki and Taecyeon get caught up in acting petty towards each other, trying to make each other suffer more from the spicy jjamppong.

Kwak Dong Yeon also gets distracted by a duck at a pond. Commenting on how cute it is, Kwak Dong Yeon tries to communicate with it. However, as he leaves, Kwak Dong Yeon shares, “I want to eat smoked duck.” He quickly follows up by saying, “How could you say such words?”

After filming the scene in which Song Joong Ki and Jeon Yeo Bin get out of an expensive car, Jeon Yeo Bin comments, “You look so cool. It’s so funny, what am I going to do?” When Song Joong Ki sits casually on the hood of the car, the director comments, “I think I’m going to go crazy from anxiousness because of this car, so can you please not sit on it.” Song Joong Ki pretends to lean further on the car before quickly getting off.

However, Yang Kyung Won shares, “The higher the car is, the more expensive it is. What’s more expensive, a Matiz or a bus? A bus is more expensive.” He then gestures at the car, pointing out how low it is to the ground.

Finally, Taecyeon gets overly excited while filming the scene in which he reveals that his character is the true chairman of Babel Group. The director yells, “Stop! I told you to stop!” after Taecyeon continues to shout. Later, he shares, “I’m not that kind of person. I’m very calm and modest.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1458447wpp/watch-2pms-taecyeon-song-joong-ki-and-jeon-yeo-bin-arent-afraid-to-get-excessive-on-the-set-of-vincenzo

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Song Joong Ki And Jeon Yeo Bin Showcase Splendid Teamwork In “Vincenzo”

470687d43612425fbf4adc73cda20ada.jpeg?s=

Mar 13, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN’s “Vincenzo” has shared new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

“Vincenzo” stars Song Joong Ki as Vincenzo Cassano, an Italian lawyer and Mafia consigliere who is of Korean descent, but was adopted by an Italian family at a young age. When he moves back to Korea due to a conflict within his organization, he winds up crossing paths with sharp-tongued layer Hong Cha Young (Jeon Yeo Bin). Together, they join forces in using villainous methods to take down villains who cannot be punished by the court of law.

Spoilers

Previously, Vincenzo and Hong Cha Young teamed up to take down villains, choosing Babel Pharmaceuticals as their first target. After digging more into the incident, the duo found out that Babel Pharmaceuticals was connected to a massive cartel. They moved quickly to sue Babel Pharmaceuticals for damages and punished the corrupt lawyer who joined hands with the company and deceived the victims of the incident.

However, Choi Myung Hee (Kim Yeo Jin) framed the victims, pushing Vincenzo and Hong Cha Young towards the edge of the cliff. In the end, Hong Cha Young was put on trial without a key witness, but fortunately, Vincenzo managed to turn the tables, and all eyes are on the duo who will now move onto Plan B.

New stills preview Song Jong Ki and Jeon Yeo Bin’s bold charisma and fearless determination. The two brainstorm brilliant ideas that will bring interesting developments to the plot. Vincenzo’s expression is cold as he appears as a witness, and a confident smile plays on Jeon Yeo Bin’s face.

song-joong-ki.jpg

jeon-yeo-bin-1.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1458972wpp/song-joong-ki-and-jeon-yeo-bin-showcase-splendid-teamwork-in-vincenzo

• Like 5
  • Love 1

On 3/8/2021 at 8:00 AM, rocher22 said:

2:01...our cold-blooded mafioso was a little confused...sweet..:D

It is so exciting seeing their relationship slowly develop.  Slow burn romances with a side of  bickering are my favorite romance tropes so I am completely loving Vincenzo-Cha Young couple  :issohappy:

On 3/9/2021 at 6:20 AM, nurlayla said:

i just love this drama :heart::fullofhearts:

same vibe like the fiery priest :joy:

can i have 1 vincenzo juseyoooooo :please:

i think we all want a Vincenzo :wub:

18 hours ago, TheaN said:

Whaaaaat?  They didn't go to Italy?

Edit: sorry - I will repost when they open it up to US.

I wonder why they have locked the video to International audiences.  I saw the videos on Twitter and the CGI work is amazing!  Really shows what an exceptional actor Song Joong Ki is that he made those scenes so believable:dizzy:  I guess if not for COVID-19 they probably would have gone to Italy for these scenes.

On 3/10/2021 at 2:12 AM, nona88 said:
Spoiler

I have a question  the  agent AKS said in ep 1 that when vincenzo  come to Korea 5 years ago he was ordinary lawyer  ( person) but after that he becomes  a mafia lawyer 

And 5 years ago  is when he come to see his mother trial ( or maybe come to search  for her and find that she a criminal  or victim) 

And 5 years ago he give the idea to the Chinese  man to build  the gold room  

Is that all coincidences  ??? Did he live different even  when he was adopted  to that family  till  he come to Korea 5 years ago and finding his mother was the start of everything  

I am still believe  that he had hidden bigger  plan here  but if that wrong  and finding  his mother like this was also a cause  why he give hope to live normal  that also explains  his hate and anger 

All what I know there no coincidence in the drama land 

Good question. Maybe the NIS agent is wrong and he was always a consigliere.  Just going from what I know of the Mafia (which is mainly from films lol:tongue:) you can't just suddenly decide to take on this role. The consigliere is the most important role in the Mafia hierarchy aside from the boss.  It would be surprising if he only became a consigliere five years ago because it takes a lot of time and trust to earn that postion.  He had an advantage because he was adopted into a Mafia family but usually they would have already decided on that role for him early on. Then again, I get your point maybe he was not going to go into the "family business" until he saw what happened with his mother and that made him jaded or bitter.  It would be fascinating character development if Vincenzo decided to join his adopted family's business because of the bitterness over his mother.

On 3/12/2021 at 9:29 AM, TheaN said:

Taecyeon in 1st Look Korea for Vincenzo:

and interview with both Wusang intern and Real CEO of Babel 

Thank you!  The double interview is so fun seeing the difference in voice and body language. I know Chairman JJW is faking it but Intern JJW is just so cute:D He looks so good with his hair like this too.

Some info about Ok Taecyeon's styling for Jang Jun Woo form this article:

https://zapzee.net/2021/03/12/ok-taec-yeon-talks-about-how-the-villain-in-vincenzo-has-come-to-be/

HAIR

"Ok Taec Yeon appears with a wavy hairstyle on Vincenzo. As a handsome intern lawyer who has a crush on Hong Cha Young (Jeon Yeo Been), he has suggested and attempted permed hair to present the unexpectedness of Jang Jun Woo. As for the reason for the hairstyle, Ok Taec Yeon said, “His existence alone as a true villain is powerful, so I wanted to make his reveal unforeseen through his initial looks.” 

He explained further how he wanted “the sociopath, Jun Woo, to look more like an insane villain who does cruel things with an ambition to dominate the country. I thought maybe the outer looks of the character would make him seem like a ‘less grown adult’ who was brought up being told never to let go of the things that he gets a hold of.” he said."

TIES

"Jang Jun Woo appears wearing the same tie from the beginning of the play where he appears as a naïve intern lawyer, much like how Cha Young says, “If you don’t wear the same color tie all the time, I’ll consider whether to love you or not.” Until the end of the fourth episode when Jang Jun Woo was revealed as the real chairman of the Babel Group, he insisted on a blue striped tie. This is Jun Woo’s fashion statement, expressing the character’s freedom from others’ gazes.

Lee Han Wook, who is in charge of Ok Taec Yeon’s styling, explained, “I chose a striped pattern tie to make him look smart like an intern lawyer, and changed his suits up to make him look less plain and boring with the overplayed tie. This was compensated with layered knits, and change in the suits’ colors to give a modern feel to it.”

Once he established his powerful identity in the fourth episode with a short yet strong “Shut up,” Ok Taec Yeon reflects the change in his character through his style by wearing different ties in every episode."

11 hours ago, larus said:

Song Joong Ki And Jeon Yeo Bin Showcase Splendid Teamwork In “Vincenzo”

Thank you!  I can't wait to see what the Jipuragi's team are planning with our handsome surprise witness :D  Why is Cha Young locked up?:anguished: 

So excited for the new episodes!:hooray:

• Like 6

I've marathoned episode 1-6 last weekend. It's nice, after a long time, to find a drama i can look forward to every week, the last time i watch ongoing drama was unfamiliar family. Coming to soompi, i'm a bit surprised that not many people discuss this show, because one of the fun parts of watching ongoing drama is the discussion. I keep checking on soompi and other forums everytime i'm hooked to an ongoing drama to help me through the week. 

I checked the writer's resume and he wrote chief kim. I didnt finish it, but if i'm not mistaken, junho (which was also a sociopath) was kinda in rivalry and partnership with nam goong min and there's even bromance among them. Looking back to that, i keep thinking (half wishing) that jun woo can be vincenzo's partner one day in maybe, defeating bigger evil which is the government or the riches. Because i just like seeing the 3 of them on screen, especially when junwoo is behaving like the happy go lucky intern. But then the other half of me just can't accept the man, who orchestrated an explosion that kill several lives to vent his anger and did an experiment of illegal drugs on human in a very inhumane way, to be a partner of vincenzo and cha young.

Several hours till the new episode. :doggie:

• Like 4

I have to say I can't stop  laugh  at the court scene and the plaza  masterpiece fight   scene , specially  the fight :joy:

Wow it have been so long that a scene can make me laught  so much even  if watching it without voice ( the comedy  of the situation  that was they did in great way here i respect that :thumbsup:

Edited by nona88
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

Just finished tonight’s episode and i thoroughly enjoyed it. The drama is getting so good. And must I say the humor has really grown on me. These days I find myself laughing throughout the episode. 

Chairman Jang has fully unleashed and he’s unstoppable. He even ordered for HCY to get hurt. I’m still wondering, are his feelings sincere or not? I suppose not but what was the whole chasing her act all about? I hope there isn’t a switch later to him becoming somewhat a decent human because his crimes and intentions have gone beyond redemption. 

Writernim, please don’t torture me and give a love line between Vincenzo and HCY. Their chemistry is too good (and their visuals hehe). I know we are getting crumbs but I’m afraid crumbs is all we’ll get until the end. :cries:
In tomorrow’s preview, we get Vincenzo saying villains don’t deserve to love assuming he’s referring to himself? It’s clear he’s developing feelings for HCY but I’m afraid he will not pursue it because she will become his weakness. Right now he has nothing/no one to risk but himself. Except of course his mother who he loves and care about even if he likes to pretend he doesn’t which is exactly the person Babel Group will harm to destroy him. :( Although it’s inevitable at this point that HCY is one of his weaknesses whether he’s involved with her romantically or not. Same with the tenants at Geumga Plaza. Basically anyone he has grown an attachment to. So please just give Vincenzo some love? He deserves it. Also I have hope in our lovely and persistent HCY. Even if Vincenzo doesn’t pursue her, I see her pursuing him once she’s got eyes on him. Girl gets what she wants. And he can’t help but give her what she wants also lol

It looks like Babel will kill his mother :’( Will he not get the proper closure he has been searching for and lose his mother the way HCY lost her father and regret for the rest of his life? I hope not! But seriously those scums better watch out. I cannot wait to see mafia Vincenzo come for blood! 

Edited by shinystar1985
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

21 minutes ago, Butterfly_hugs said:

Cha young owned this episode. Its good that theres more to her than she let's on and that her weirdness is a facade . This facade though does sure come in handy. And her chem with Vinc just keeps getting, the sexual tension though damn. 

YES! I love Hong Cha Young. She’s quick to pick things up and can see right through Vincenzo. Some people hate on JYB but honestly they’re being unnecessarily critical of her just because she’s a rather new actress. If the role was played by someone like Jeon Ji Hyun for that matter, people would be floored by her character and there would be zero complaints no matter how over the top the character is. JYB does an incredible job and she’s so cool. She really adds her charm to HCY. The role was made for her! She’s such a breath of fresh air. I love how she casually pulls Vincenzo into an embrace making him feel all sorts of ways and then plops down to sleep on those dirty cell floors. :joy:

• Like 7
  • Love 1