Network: TV Chosun

Episodes: 16

Director: Kang Min-Koo

Writer: Kim Hyo-Jin

Release Date: November 21st, 2020 - January 10th, 2021

Runtime: Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST

Official site: HERE

Plot

A wife of a famous broadcaster and freelance entertainer has been doing well for 12 years. Due to a mistake, her life falls apart overnight. However, she learns that there was another reason for her downfall, and so begins her revenge.

Cast

Kim Sa Rang as Kang Hae Ra

Yoon Hyun Min as ChaMin-joon

Yoo Sun as Kim Tae-on

Jeong Man Sik as Kim Sang-Goo

Yoon So Yi as Gu Eun-hye

Character descriptions

Kang Hae-Ra (Kim Sa Rang) used to work as a reporter. She did not receive recognition for her work, but she married a celebrity. She is now the hottest influencer in South Korea, but she becomes involved in a fake scandal. Overnight, this leads Kang Hae-Ra descending into a bottomless pit. She nows seeks revenge.

Cha Min-Joon (Yoon Hyun Min) is a cold-blooded lawyer with a 100% win rate. After his family was trapped in a scheme and ruined, he only thinks about his success and getting revenge for his family.

Posters

77601_72943_3723.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Revenge, 복수해라 - Kim Sarang & Yoon Hyun Min - Premieres in October 2020
July 24 2020

Kim Sa-Rang & Yoon Hyun-Min cast in TV Chosun drama series “Revenge”

Revenge-Korean_Drama-aoo.jpg

Kim Sa-Rang & Yoon Hyun-Min are cast in TV Chosun drama series “Revenge” (literal title). For the drama series Kim Sa-Rang will play Kang Hae-Ra. Her life was completely ruined and she now seeks revenge. Yoon Hyun-Min will play Attorney Cha Min-Joon.

“Revenge” first airs October, 2020.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Kang Hae-Ra (Kim Sa-Rang) used to work as a reporter. She did not receive recognition for her work, but she married a celebrity. She is now the hottest influencer in South Korea, but she becomes involved in a fake scandal. Overnight, this leads Kang Hae-Ra descending into a bottomless pit. She nows seeks revenge.

Cha Min-Joon (Yoon Hyun-Min) is a cold-blooded lawyer with a 100% win rate. After his family was trapped in a scheme and ruined, he only thinks about his success and getting revenge for his family.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/kim-sa-rang-yoon-hyun-min-cast-in-tv-chosun-drama-series-revenge

Kim Sa Rang, Yoon Hyun Min, And More Confirmed For Upcoming TV Chosun Drama About Revenge

Jul 24, 2020
by J. Lim
Kim Sa Rang, Yoon Hyun Min, And More Confirmed For Upcoming TV Chosun Drama About Revenge

TV Chosun’s upcoming weekend drama “Get Revenge” (literal title) has confirmed its main cast!

“Get Revenge” is described as a “mystery social revenge drama” in which Kang Hae Ra is given the opportunity to get her revenge and fight against powerful people in society.

Kim Sa Rang has been cast in the role of Kang Hae Ra, who went from a reporter to one of Korea’s hottest influencers after marrying a public figure. She had to be the head of her household from a young age and dgrew up to be a role model for reports, but a false scandal had her plummeting to the bottom. Since then, she has wanted to get revenge, and she finally gets the chance.

Joining her is Yoon Hyun Min as Cha Min Joon, a cold lawyer who has a 100 percent success rate. After a plot throws his entire family into ruin, he focuses his talents and brains into nothing but success and revenge.

Yoo Sun will play the role of Kim Tae On, the only heir to the FB Group who will stop at nothing to inherit the company. She was born into wealth and has always gotten her way in life, but a moment’s mistake and the appearance of an unexpected person begins to show her strong but cruel side. Playing her father is Jung Man Sik as Kim Sang Gu, who doesn’t feel affection towards his only daughter and thinks of nothing but growing his company.

Yoon So Yi will take on the role of Ku Eun Hye, who took over her father’s detective agency. She is quick on her feet and will chase leads down till the end, putting everything into her work in order to get the job done.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1414736wpp/kim-sa-rang-yoon-hyun-min-and-more-confirmed-for-upcoming-tv-chosun-drama-about-revenge

• Like 5

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Revenge, 복수해라 - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST - Kim Sarang & Yoon Hyun Min - Premieres November 21st
1 hour ago, jongski said:

Because we like mature cast and drama plot. I like the leads as well and their acting. I'll be watching this. 

I watch for the cast as well. I can`t say right now if the plot will catch my interest compleatly. I like mystery dramas but revenge dramas are not always likeble for me. It is all in the execution.  I hope it will be a good drama.

• Like 3

Kim Sa-rang to Get Revenge in new TV Chosun drama

by tineybeanie

getrevenge.jpg

TV Chosun’s latest mystery melo, Get Revenge has released its first video teaser. The show stars Kim Sa-rang (Abyss), Yoon Hyun-min (Men Are Men), with Yoo Sun (VIP, Clean With Passion for Now) and Yoon So-yi (A Place in the Sun) in supporting roles.

The story begins with Kim Sa-rang, who is commissioned to carry out a revenge plan by fateful chance. She resolves the case and it turns out to be the start of a longer fight against the hypocritical elite and the powerful.

In the teaser, Kim Sa-rang passes by Yoo Sun, whose voiceover says: “When you step on someone, you have to to crush them completely…” The copy onscreen reads: “People who step on others vs. People who want to avoid being stepped on.” A flash of Yoon Hyun-min is shown, and Yoo Sun’s narration continues as she’s in a luxury car: “…so they can no longer stand up.” A woman’s lingerie shift is slowly pulled down.

We see a car egged by protesters and Kim Sa-rang bombarded by reporters. The screen flashes: “Punishing bad guys.” Kim Sa-rang struggles with a man against a car, and she says, “If you try to step on me, I will try my best to step on you.”

A few cuts of Yoon Hyun-min are shown looking reflective, and Kim Sa-rang strides confidently through a building. The screen then reads, “A refreshing revenge begins.” We see cuts of Yoon Hyun-min, Yoo Sun, and Yoon So-yi, and the last shot shows Kim Sa-rang turning around.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/kim-sa-rang-to-get-revenge-in-new-tv-chosun-drama/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

I dont particularly like revenge dramas...but I love  YHM and that teaser

looks interesting too...

The same. For me revenge dramas are depressing because everyone will be unhappy. The drama looks a little makjang as well but as long it is not like a soap opera, it is OK. But I want to watch Yoon Hyun Min in a new drama. I was disappointed by his last drama and I wish I will enjoy his new project.

• Like 4

I like revenge drama when it's done right and with stellar acting.. not over the top but just right... something like Money Flower. Same  with laru as well wanting to see Yoon Hyun Min. Haven't watch any of his drama since Tunnel. 

• Love 2

@larus, thank you for starting the thread.
Waives also to @jongski  @Jillia@rocher22

I am here for the cast. I loved Kim Sa-Rang in "My Love Eun Dong."
I liked Yoon Hyun-Min mostly in "Tunnel" and "Witch at Court."

On 11/3/2020 at 1:49 AM, jongski said:

I like revenge drama when it's done right and with stellar acting.. not over the top but just right... something like Money Flower.

@jongski, I am with you on that. "Money Flower" was one terrific Drama.
I like the fact that most Korean Revenge Drama usually show us the futility of revenge.
The first time it hit me was in Park Chan-Wook's movie "OldBoy" when Yoo Ji-Tae's character finally realizes how stupid and wasteful it was. 

I think in KDrama I first saw it in Kim Nam-Gil's "Bad Guy."

Below is another version of poster.

photo1261906.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Kim Sa Rang And Yoon Hyun Min Will Stop At Nothing To Get Revenge In Upcoming Drama

Kim Sa Rang And Yoon Hyun Min Will Stop At Nothing To Get Revenge In Upcoming Drama

Nov 5, 2020
by E. Cha

TV Chosun’s upcoming drama “The Goddess of Revenge” has revealed new posters of its starring cast!

“The Goddess of Revenge” is a new mystery drama starring Kim Sa Rang as Kang Hae Ra, a woman who unexpectedly comes across an opportunity to take part in a revenge plot. In the process, she finds herself facing off against some of society’s most powerful people.

On November 5, the upcoming drama released character posters that put the spotlight on its three leads. Kim Sa Rang’s poster shows the actress looking pensive but determined as Kang Hae Ra, who was once one of Korea’s hottest influencers—but has since fallen from grace due to a false scandal.

Her poster’s caption reads, “My desire to succeed and also my revenge: there is only one reason for both…”

Kim-Sa-Rang.jpg

Meanwhile, Yoon Hyun Min stares straight into the camera as the cold-hearted Cha Min Joon, a lawyer who is notorious for his brilliance and lack of sympathy. His poster hints at his fiery resolve to take revenge no matter what, with the caption warning his enemies, “That is the weight of the cross you have to bear in return for your actions.”

Yoon-Hyun-Min.jpg

Finally, Yoo Sun exudes an air of confidence as ambitious chaebol heiress Kim Tae On, the sole heir to FB Group. The ruthless Kim Tae On stares the camera down as her poster’s caption reads, “I’m simply defending what is mine.”

Spoiler

Yoo-Sun.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1435928wpp/kim-sa-rang-and-yoon-hyun-min-will-stop-at-nothing-to-get-revenge-in-upcoming-drama
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

November 12 2020

Still images of Kim Sa-Rang in TV Chosun drama “Revenge”

Revenge-KD-KSR.jpg

Here’s still images of Kim Sa-Rang in TV Chosun drama series “Revenge” co-starring Yoon Hyun-Min. The still images are from a scene where Kang Hae-Ra (Kim Sa-Rang ) visits Goo Eun-Hye’s (Yoon So-Yi) private detective agency. Filming for this scene took place October, 2020 at a set located in Namyangju, Gyeonggi Province.

“Revenge” will first air November 21, 2020 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Kang Hae-Ra (Kim Sa-Rang) used to work as a reporter. She did not receive recognition for her work, but she married a celebrity. She is now the hottest influencer in South Korea, but she becomes involved in a fake scandal. Overnight, this leads Kang Hae-Ra descending into a bottomless pit. She nows seeks revenge.

Cha Min-Joon (Yoon Hyun-Min) is a cold-blooded lawyer with a 100% win rate. After his family was trapped in a scheme and ruined, he only thinks about his success and getting revenge for his family.

Revenge-KD-2020-p1.jpg

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/still-images-of-kim-sa-rang-in-tv-chosun-drama-revenge

• Like 3

Not going to lie. The teaser/soundtrack is what brought me here. I'm not familiar with Kim Sa-Rang, but I liked Yoon Hyun Min in Witch's Court. This doesn't seem to have caught much attention, considering it's set to screen next week, and I stumbled by accidentally, too.

Well, I'm certainly going to pick up the first few episodes!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jung Eui Jae Is A Former Idol With Undecipherable Intentions Towards Kim Sa Rang In “The Goddess Of Revenge”

778ded05ca6e46f2bfa656f80e78cc68.jpeg?s=

Nov 15, 2020
by E. Cha

TV Chosun’s upcoming drama “The Goddess of Revenge” has revealed a glimpse of the intriguing dynamic between Kim Sa Rang and Jung Eui Jae!

“The Goddess of Revenge” is a new mystery drama starring Kim Sa Rang as Kang Hae Ra, a reporter and writer who becomes a household name and one of Korea’s hottest influencers after marrying the nation’s top MC. Yoon Hyun Min will also star in the drama as Cha Min Joon, a brilliant but cold-hearted lawyer who is determined to avenge his family.

Jung Eui Jae will play the role of Kim Hyun Sung, a former idol-turned-reporter whose life hasn’t turned out the way he’d hoped. After receiving a mysterious offer, he seems to constantly be following Kang Hae Ra wherever she goes.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Kim Hyun Sung suddenly appears from the shadows and comes to Kang Hae Ra’s rescue when she finds herself in danger while taking the subway. At the precise moment when Kang Hae Ra is about to fall off an escalator, Kim Hyun Sung dashes forward and catches her. Afterwards, he even goes so far as to kneel on the ground to fix her shoe for her.

Later, as Kang Hae Ra turns to leave, Kim Hyun Sung catches her off guard by calling her back—then tenderly tucking her hair behind her ear. As a famously married woman, Kang Hae Ra stares at her rescuer in shock, unable to figure out his intentions.

Jung-Eui-Jae-Kim-Sa-Rang-3.jpg

The producers of “The Goddess of Revenge” teased, “Kim Sa Rang and Jung Eui Jae’s unpredictable relationship, which will deliver twist after twist, will amplify the suspense of the drama. Please look forward to ‘The Goddess of Revenge,’ in which all of the characters’ relationships are full of mystery and intrigue.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1437985wpp/jung-eui-jae-is-a-former-idol-with-undecipherable-intentions-towards-kim-sa-rang-in-the-goddess-of-revenge

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Premiere Watch: Get Revenge

by missvictrix

premwatch_getrevenge.jpg

Time slot: Saturday & Sunday
Broadcaster: TV Chosun
Genre: Mystery, melo, revenge
Episode count: 16

Subpar posters aside, being a huge fan of revenge dramas, I am definitely looking forward to Get Revenge! More than a mere revenge drama, though, it’s being classified as a “social” revenge story — and that’s because it’s the story of a heroine going against the upper crust. Kim Sarang stars as a celebrity influencer who falls from her high perch in society after a fake scandal, and then seeks revenge for said scandal. Yoon Hyun-min plays our hero, and is described as the typical hotshot attorney character we all know so well. But, when his family is ruined, he too seeks revenge at all costs. TV Chosun’s dramas are a little bit all over the map, but their recent Wind and Cloud and Rain surprised both with production quality and ratings, so I have high hopes here. Very high hopes, actually, because who doesn’t love an underdog, whether that’s a cable channel, a cast, or a story of those fighting against powerful evil-doers?

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/11/premiere-watch-get-revenge/

• Like 2

Kim Sa Rang Shares Thoughts On Making Drama Comeback After 5 Years With “The Goddess Of Revenge”

d97dd092962649e1af551e38d563db65.jpeg?s=

Nov 20, 2020
by M. Kang

Kim Sa Rang is ending her hiatus with the upcoming drama “The Goddess of Revenge”!

On the afternoon of November 19, TV Chosun held a press conference for the “mystery social revenge drama” that will be taking over its 9 p.m. KST slot on Saturdays and Sundays. Director Kang Min Gu was in attendance along with cast members Kim Sa Rang, Yoon Hyun Min, Yoo Sun, Jung Man Sik, and Yoon So Yi. The conference was broadcast live through YouTube in line with COVID-19 regulations.

“The Goddess of Revenge” follows Kang Hae Ra (Kim Sa Rang) as she carries out the revenge of a lifetime and stands up to authority. This marks her onscreen return five years after her role in the 2015 JTBC drama “My Love Eun Dong.”

Actor Yoon Hyun Min stated, “On the second day of filming, I had my first scene with Kim Sa Rang. Facing her, my mind went blank and I forgot my lines. I thought to myself, ‘Wow she’s beautiful’ and missed the timing for my next lines.”

Regarding her break, Kim Sa Rang commented, “I didn’t realize it had been so long. I do feel pressured and nervous, but I’m enjoying myself while filming because the energy on set is so positive and everyone is so helpful and considerate. Also, while the name of the drama suggests otherwise, the story is about the characters working together. I’m feeling less pressured than I expected in the beginning.”

She added, “Even while filming extremely violent scenes, we’re constantly laughing and having a good time. I think our energy will be conveyed to our viewers.”

kim-sa-rang-xpn-2.jpg

To describe the drama, Kim Sa Rang said, “At first, the drama had a different name. When I first read the script, it was dynamic and far from dull. I read through to the fourth episode in one sitting. When I met the production team, I received such positive vibes from them and they seemed dependable. Furthermore, I’ve always wanted to attempt taking on a strong character. All these reasons led me to join the cast.”

When talking about her character, she added, “In all honesty, the character and I don’t have much in common. The one thing that is similar between us might be that we’re both honest and determined.”

yoon-hyun-min-kim-sa-rang-yoo-sun-jang-m

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1439082wpp/kim-sa-rang-shares-thoughts-on-making-drama-comeback-after-5-years-with-the-goddess-of-revenge

• Like 3

Yoon Hyun Min And Kim Sa Rang Exchange Icy Stares In Upcoming Drama “The Goddess Of Revenge”

f085d01065b54d129e214b8ef13d0465.jpeg?s=

Nov 21, 2020
by L. Kim

TV Chosun’s upcoming drama “The Goddess of Revenge” has shared a glimpse of Kim Sa Rang and Yoon Hyun Min as their characters!

“The Goddess of Revenge” is a new mystery drama starring Kim Sa Rang as Kang Hae Ra, a woman who unexpectedly comes across an opportunity to take part in a revenge plot. In the process, she finds herself facing off against some of society’s most powerful people. Yoon Hyun Min plays the cold-hearted Cha Min Joon, a lawyer who is notorious for his brilliance and lack of sympathy.

In the new stills, Kang Hae Ra and Cha Min Joon meet at a law firm. The room is heavy with tension, and they stare at each other with sharp, cold eyes. The two are discussing a plan for revenge, and anticipation is high for how the two will form a “revenge alliance.”

kim-sa-rang1.jpg

yoon-hyun-min1.jpg

This scene was filmed at a studio located in the city of Namyangju in Gyeonggi Province. The two actors rehearsed their lines over and over again in order to perfect the confrontation. With their combined efforts, they were able to successfully film a thrilling scene in which they exchanged fiery opinions on revenge.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1439223wpp/yoon-hyun-min-and-kim-sa-rang-exchange-icy-stares-in-upcoming-drama-the-goddess-of-revenge

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] Revenge, 복수해라 - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST

“The Goddess Of Revenge” Premieres To Strong Ratings As “Delayed Justice” Returns To All-Time High

9511951ad5b445dcaf9758965e63e4c9.jpeg?s=

Nov 22, 2020
by E. Cha

TV Chosun’s “The Goddess of Revenge” is off to a promising start!

“The Goddess of Revenge” is a new mystery-revenge drama starring Kim Sa Rang as Kang Hae Ra, a reporter and writer who becomes a household name and one of Korea’s hottest influencers—then falls from grace in a split second after being framed in a false scandal. She later comes across an unexpected opportunity to take part in a revenge plot, and in the process, she finds herself facing off against some of society’s most powerful people.

Yoon Hyun Min also stars in the drama as Cha Min Joon, a brilliant but cold-hearted lawyer who is determined to avenge his family, while Yoo Sun plays the ambitious chaebol heiress Kim Tae On.

According to Nielsen Korea, the November 21 premiere of “The Goddess of Revenge” scored an average nationwide rating of 3.4 percent and a peak of 4.1 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1439317wpp/the-goddess-of-revenge-premieres-to-strong-ratings-as-delayed-justice-returns-to-all-time-high

• Like 4