[Drama 2020/2021] Get Revenge, 복수해라

larus

@agenthThe episode with her being kidnapped was the first time I noticed FL's heavy breathing. Heavy breathing does not mean emotion or acting chops or life (unless you have asthma) and all I could think is you got up from a chair to talk to your audience, why are you breathing like you ran up a flight of stirs? lol

• Like 1

Done EP7-8. The timeline I am trying to make it make sense. I used Cha Yi Hyeon and not Cha Mi Hyeon because her ID shows that her exact name is Cha Yi Hyeon. 

Around 13 years back

Spoiler

Cha Yi Hyeon is a reporter/announcer. Chairman Kim Sang Goo took notice of her and most probably because of this, Cha Yi Hyeon gaining traction with her career. Kim Tae On noticed about Chairman Kim relationship with Cha Yi Hyeon. However, it came with price and she got pregnant with Ga On.

In between, she passed her job to Hera. Hera took on the job, getting harassed then got her hand on the report about Cha Yi Hyeon. She got off grid after the report Hera made that Cha Min Joon keep watching. I assume that report is actually something Kim Tae On planned in her effort to get rid of Cha Yi Hyeon. 

Maybe during this time, Cha Min Joon went to the broadcasting station trying to defend his sister, overheard about the gossip about Cha Yi Hyeon and Hera instead.

Around this time, Cha Yi Hyeon still in contact/meeting with Cha Min Joon but I have a feeling that Min Joon didn't know that his sister is pregnant. 

Around 12 years back

Spoiler

Kim Tae On might know that Cha Yi Hyeon gave birth to Chairman Goo's child and order people to kill her and most probably the baby too. That is why she was locked in the burning warehouse.

Around the same time, Hera hired Papa Goo to find Cha Yi Hyeon. Papa Goo found Cha Yi Hyeon and he called Hera. Hera just lost her baby and still recuperating at the hospital went to meet Cha Yi Hyeon but end up saving her from the burning warehouse. I assume that Papa Goo sort of sense that danger looming around Cha Yi Hyeon that Hera quickly went there with her hospital clothes on. 

Cha Yi Hyeon knows that Kim Tae On's people will keep on chasing her, she gives Ga On to Hera. That is why during the burning warehouse scene, we see that Papa Goo holding a baby. Ga On most probably already a few months old but still look small enough to pass off as Hera's baby. 

Around 10-11 years back

Spoiler

Cha Yi Hyeon is back to her hometown living at her childhood home while Cha Min Joon away in the military. She met Prosecutor Jang during those time and help supporting him to take his bar exam. 

Kim Tae On's people found her again, capture her, but she got away for a moment and called Cha Min Joon. They put her inside the truck but the truck driver found her and releases her instead. She run away without updating Cha Min Joon. She tried to get into a boat into some island but because she left her ticket at the counter, she went there back and realize that those men still searching for her. Instead of boarding the boat, she went into hiding instead. During this time, she sent the package informing Chairman Goo that she gave birth to his son.

We then know that the boat sunk and Cha Min Joon assumed that his sister was onboard. At this point, I think he believes that Cha Yi Hyeon is dead and starts planning for his revenge along with his assistant who is also trying to get revenge for his dad, the captain of the sunk boat. However, I assume he only focus on Chairman Goo and know nothing about Kim Tae On attempts to kill his sister.

This is my best attempt to piece everything together. I wonder what did Cha Min Joon do before becoming lawyer. I believed that he gets into law because he wants to seek revenge and he is not one prior to that. My best guess is he was in the military. That is probably how Cha Yi Hyeon managed to go through pregnancy and gives birth without his knowledge. For now, I don't see that he knows that Ga On is his nephew. 

His view on Hera definitely soften now and he realized that there is a lot of things he didn't know about Hera and he most probably misunderstood her all this while. I guess that the case that Prosecutor Jang wants him to write against Hera is about the report she gave years back about Cha Yi Hyeon. However, I don't really want a loveline until they sort of the relationship between them. This drama is quite heavy and I don't really want any angst about their relationship to be the focus and the main revenge plot gets side-tracked. 

The way the truck of doom scene to be set up is too obvious I am totally expecting it. I guess this is where there will be huge changes in dynamic between Cha Min Joon and Hera. I just hope that just because he cares about Hera more now, his will not lose his focus on Chairman Goo in favor for Hera's safety. 

I am worried about Ga On now that Chairman Kim seems like he wants to bring Ga On in as his heir to pitted him against Kim Tae On. I am always worried about Ga On because he is always being shown in between the story and usually in dramaland, if the kid studying oversea will not play a big part in the plot, he/she will not be featured a lot like Ga On is. I hope my instinct is not right this time because I hate watching kids suffering. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

I started this drama and i watched till ep 7! It's really a good plot and i liked the dynamics!! And i really hope MJ's sister is alive hiding somewhere. Now i think we'll se romance take place between HR and MJ and i really want to see Chairman Kim and his daughter to fall down in pieces!!:onfirex:

• Like 2

4 Strong Female Characters Who Anchor “The Goddess Of Revenge” With Their Quests For Vengeance

9c6a223bd8fa402d8c32d858a885298a.jpeg?s=

Dec 17, 2020
by C. Hong

TV Chosun’s weekend drama “The Goddess of Revenge” centers around four powerful female characters with their own backstories, ambitions, and motives.

“The Goddess of Revenge” is a mystery drama about a woman named Kang Hae Ra (Kim Sa Rang), who married into wealth and power but hit rock bottom after an unfounded scandal ruined her reputation. To get revenge, she teams up with Cha Min Joon (Yoon Hyun Min), a lawyer with a heart of ice who wants revenge on those who ruined his family. Meanwhile, Kim Tae On (Yoo Sun) goes up against her father to become the new head of FB Group, while the tenacious detective Goo Eun Hye (Yoon Soy) takes on a case that could make or break her.

These are the four female characters who anchor the drama in their vicious cycle of revenge:

Kim Sa Rang, the titular “goddess of revenge”

After she got her own revenge via live broadcast against Lee Hoon Suk (Jung Wook), who ruined her life with a false scandal, Kang Hae Ra (Kim Sa Rang) has worked with Cha Min Joon (Yoon Hyun Min) to get revenge on behalf of those who are not protected by the law. As a result, she’s taken down people like Board Chairman Song, who used his money and power to turn sexual assault victims into perpetrators, as well as a gang that used unlawful collection methods and sold organs on the black market to suck money out of people who could not pay their debts.

In the middle of planning revenge against FB Life regarding the indemnity claims of insurance agents, Kang Hae Ra’s car flipped over in a crash with an oncoming truck. Just before she lost consciousness, she recognized President Kang (Choi Young Woo), the agent of Kim Tae On, as the driver of the truck, making viewers anticipate a whole new level of revenge against FB Group.

Yoo Sun, who combines limitless ambition and a “diamond spoon”

Although Kim Tae On (Yoo Sun) is the sole heir of FB Group, her father, Kim Sang Goo (Jung Man Sik), is loath to give up his throne. As a result, she is determined to do anything she can to get him out. 12 years ago, she noticed that Cha Yi Hyun, who worked for FB Group at the time, had caught the eye of her father. Afraid of losing her position as heir, she incited President Kang to kill Cha Yi Hyun. When she realized that her nail care attendant was in her father’s employ, she gave similarly cruel instructions to President Kang, showing that she is ruthless beyond measure.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1443910wpp/4-strong-female-characters-who-anchor-the-goddess-of-revenge-with-their-quests-for-vengeance

• Like 1

This is kdrama and it has its own logic. But it's rather odd that Hera put up with physical and mental abuse for 12 years, then she became a fearless champion of the weak in a few weeks? Most women would have ditched the scumbag after losing their baby.

All characters have some serious negative trait or issue,  maybe the PI's dad is the only normal person. It's already halfway, I hope it does not become a depressive unhappy show. A little romance between the PI and blondie may perk things up.

• Like 1

@maribella- Yeah, it was a good cliffhanger. This is the drama's strong point after each episode, I'm always wondering what's gonna happen next. As to your question about Ga On, not sure why Min Joon brought back Ga On to Chariman Kim. Or is this all part of his grand plan somehow??

What Min Joon doesn't know is that Tae On tried to kill his sister & baby Ga On-  that's my guess for the opening scene with the burning warehouse in episode 1.  Can't wait for more romance between Hera & Min Joon:D

• Like 2

On 12/17/2020 at 12:21 AM, maribella said:

I wonder why CMJ is against HR to use her in his revenge. It must be her exposé that got his sister in public eye. 
We are going to see him regretting his actions now she is in coma- very sure.

The problem is that the flashbacks seem to be disjointed. I think he has a grudge against He Ra because of the expose but it seems to me that He Ra has her own grievance. For example, CMJ was told that his sister helped He Ra into her position as reporter. However, He Ra said nobody ever helped her and CMJ was mad when she said that. But, there was a flashback showing another staff at the news organization saying to a lady if she believed the sister really helped He Ra which suggested that there was more to the situation. Then there was a scene where it looks like He Ra’s future husband was sexually assaulting her in a private room where business people go for drinks. He was also affiliated with or worked for the news corporation. So, I’m wondering what exactly happened in He Ra’s past. She says nothing to anybody and keep all of it inside.

I actually think she knows how to endure and that’s why she can pass through so many bad things. Just like when she was taking care of her sick mom while attending school and got kicked out of their room. When I saw her as a young girl carrying her sick mom on her back through the streets, I wondered how she came this far. There was also that time that the owner of the restaurant wanted to sexually assault her and she got away and called the police. I don’t know why she put up with the scumbag husband but I would really like to know what she’s been through in a consecutive sequence. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

came this far. There was also that time that the owner of the restaurant wanted to sexually assault her and she got away and called the police. I don’t know why she put up with the scumbag husband but I would really like to know what she’s been through in a consecutive sequence. 

That may explain how she could put up with an abusive husband for 12 years, but she is also proactive in dealing with the announcer at her old station, the way she reacted to injustice. So it is bad story line for the writer to make her passive in the face of domestic violence. In real life, women who have been physically abused are also psychologically damaged. But of course, this is kdrama. It's difficult to guess what's in the writer's head. I hope it won't be too unbelievable in the coming episodes. We are already halfway.

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] Get Revenge, 복수해라 - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST

Can someone just explain to me what is happening and where is this story heading? I am slowly losing my ability to understand anything because some parts are moving soooooo slowly and some parts were just rushed out of nowhere.This included both EP 9 and 10 because I was a lost cause after watching last week's episode that I don't feel like posting anything.

First of all, how in the world that the package from 11 years ago that was supposed to be thrown away actually stowed away somewhere that it manages to resurface again NOW

Then, how Chairman Kim managed to find Gaon with ONLY the original birth certificate which I thought should be void by now because Gaon should have been registered with new identity under Hera and her ex-husband as their son. I doubt that he knows about Hera and Yi Hyeon's connection. Even Hera ex-husband couldn't find where Gaon is and he is supposedly his father. And now it seems like EVERYONE accepting everything so easily and it really made me feel sick watching. We are talking about a child right now but even Hera doesn't seem so desperate trying to keep Gaon especially after reading what Gaon wrote in his diary and fully knowing that the Chairman is keeping him captive rather than being really concern about Gaon's wellbeing. I can understand now why it was always Gaon is the one calling Hera asking about her and not the other way around and I am just feeling really sad for Gaon.

How is it possible for Cha Min Joon to cope so well when he just got bombed at? His identity as Yi Hyeon's brother just got exposed, learning that his sister gave birth to a child and the child biological father is Chairman Kim, and the child now is Hera's son? Get into a the earliest flight to Canada to bring back Gaon without mentioning anything to Hera. Not to mention that it took more than 12 hours flight but Hera got to the airport just in time of their arrival when the caretaker must called her right after Min Joon left. And now Min Joon tracing Yi Hyeon's movement after giving birth without taking any break. Is he that emotionally detached that he just moving along without any scene how emotionally affected he is with everything that happened to his sister that he spent YEARS trying to find/seek revenge for.

I have more to complain about but one thing for sure, for me to be able to watch this, I can only think about drama logic and never about real life logic. My best guess the writer intention is just to move the plot along and doesn't really care about how the characters are written anymore. 

• LOL 1

3 hours ago, kdramagrandma said:

Can someone just explain to me what is happening and where is this story heading? I am slowly losing my ability to understand anything because some parts are moving soooooo slowly and some parts were just rushed out of nowhere.This included both EP 9 and 10 because I was a lost cause after watching last week's episode that I don't feel like posting anything.

First of all, how in the world that the package from 11 years ago that was supposed to be thrown away actually stowed away somewhere that it manages to resurface again NOW

Then, how Chairman Kim managed to find Gaon with ONLY the original birth certificate which I thought should be void by now because Gaon should have been registered with new identity under Hera and her ex-husband as their son. I doubt that he knows about Hera and Yi Hyeon's connection. Even Hera ex-husband couldn't find where Gaon is and he is supposedly his father. And now it seems like EVERYONE accepting everything so easily and it really made me feel sick watching. We are talking about a child right now but even Hera doesn't seem so desperate trying to keep Gaon especially after reading what Gaon wrote in his diary and fully knowing that the Chairman is keeping him captive rather than being really concern about Gaon's wellbeing. I can understand now why it was always Gaon is the one calling Hera asking about her and not the other way around and I am just feeling really sad for Gaon.

How is it possible for Cha Min Joon to cope so well when he just got bombed at? His identity as Yi Hyeon's brother just got exposed, learning that his sister gave birth to a child and the child biological father is Chairman Kim, and the child now is Hera's son? Get into a the earliest flight to Canada to bring back Gaon without mentioning anything to Hera. Not to mention that it took more than 12 hours flight but Hera got to the airport just in time of their arrival when the caretaker must called her right after Min Joon left. And now Min Joon tracing Yi Hyeon's movement after giving birth without taking any break. Is he that emotionally detached that he just moving along without any scene how emotionally affected he is with everything that happened to his sister that he spent YEARS trying to find/seek revenge for.

I have more to complain about but one thing for sure, for me to be able to watch this, I can only think about drama logic and never about real life logic. My best guess the writer intention is just to move the plot along and doesn't really care about how the characters are written anymore. 

Agree... how does a 11 yo package remains when the chairman ask for it to be disposed? And how did a recent pic of GaOn get included?  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kdramagrandma said:

have more to complain about but one thing for sure, for me to be able to watch this, I can only think about drama logic and never about real life logic. My best guess the writer intention is just to move the plot along and doesn't really care about how the characters are written anymore. 

I am quite enjoying this show because both FL and ML are likeable, smart and good looking, despite the inconsistencies in the storyline. The antagonist is also very well dressed and looks like she does not have an ounce of extra fat on her ... grrrr.

Of course, it helps that I am also following another show 'The man in veil', with idiots galore and an antagonist who is utterly hateful with a bad wardrobe.

• LOL 2