Quantcast

[Drama 2020/2021] Get Revenge, 복수해라

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clips for episode 1.       Preview for episode 2.  

It seems like Hae Ra has a connection with what happened to Min Joon's family in the past. Hae Ra was there staring at Mi Yeon, Min Joon's sister while the house is burning. I think Min Joon has lost

@larus, thank you for starting the thread. Waives also to @jongski  @Jillia,  @rocher22 I am here for the cast. I loved Kim Sa-Rang in "My Love Eun Dong." I liked Yoon Hyun-Min mostly in "Tunne

@reddragon @kdramagrandma I get what you're saying about the actress but even a stoic character has facial expressions.  I think a lead role for her was ambitious. Or maybe they thought looks would trump depth. You should be able to still feel a fire in her even when playing it cool.  Did anybody think it was weird that they cut away from the scene so completely where she hit him with the golf club? I got a sense she couldn't even sell that. The way it went to black, then him at the door bloody.  I'm trying hard not to see the glaring difference in the level of performance. Not trying to me rude but I have to keep from falling asleep when she's on and speaking. I'll continue to give it time though. 

• Like 4

Hahaha, you noticed it too, @brooksmom, the skirt of the SL is too short. Although she's got a nice pair of legs, I, too, find it way too short. I think it would be better if the skirt is around four inches above her knees, since the hem will still move up when she sits. In one scene where she was wearing that white top and skirt ensemble, the hem is almost to the curve of her butt.

The story is getting more interesting and intriguing, even if it is a tangled web.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi All! 
Nice to see friends in this forum. I stumbled upon this drama as I like Yoon Hyun Min. Though his last drama character was meh.

I agree with everyone that the detective is so far OUTSHINING Ki Sa Rang's character by far.

There are al ot of twists and turns and it is so far interesting enough to hold my interest after watching `1-4 in one sitting

The Ex hubby/top beloved announcer/ druggie/ abuser is HORRIFIC. Dang I was happy when he was exposed. But to see it short lived. I hope that the rich lover DUMPS him. He is a train wreck waiting to happen.

Yes YHM character is more than meets the eye. We know revenge and I too at first thought he had a crush on the FL to buy all the books. Also after winning the court case for the really horrible foundation head to go see our FL. I thought oh he is crushing on her. But later we saw he was burning the books, then it was like confusion. 

The detective second female is awesome. I liked how the someone wrote she smiles and it reaches her eyes. With the FL (though gorgeous) it doesn't reach her eyes. I agree she TRIES but her acting efforts are blown away by everyone else.

Still will follow this drama for now.

• Like 6
15 hours ago, GingerK said:

@reddragon @kdramagrandma I get what you're saying about the actress but even a stoic character has facial expressions.  I think a lead role for her was ambitious. Or maybe they thought looks would trump depth. You should be able to still feel a fire in her even when playing it cool.  Did anybody think it was weird that they cut away from the scene so completely where she hit him with the golf club? I got a sense she couldn't even sell that. The way it went to black, then him at the door bloody.  I'm trying hard not to see the glaring difference in the level of performance. Not trying to me rude but I have to keep from falling asleep when she's on and speaking. I'll continue to give it time though. 

I did fall asleep halfway into ep4. And I probably would have dropped this drama but I watched the rest of it and I was glad I did cause it got interesting.

• Like 3

So, who else feels sorry for that pervert’s pregnant daughter? She will have no money after he is through paying restitution, and her baby daddy and his family want nothing to do with her and she was clearly just a one-night stand to the that fellow. And she seems to be just a sweet girl who is stuck in a mess with a creep dad and creep baby daddy!

On 11/29/2020 at 9:27 PM, brooksmom said:

Is it trendy for a mid forty-ish rich woman to wear really short skirts?  

Maybe?:joy:

• Like 5

Have seen Episodes 3 and 4 now. For the majority part it was lukewarm, albeit Episode 4 ending of course went with a bang. 

Good. I was getting tired of just hearing her breathe heavily in her scenes and not much else. Perhaps it is the way her eyes are sad indeed. She looks beautiful (hadn't seen her before), but now in this role I can only imagine her as rather timid human. 

In any case,  it's sort of astounding that the rich woman, a career woman, seems to falls for Hera's husband. Since she didn't abandon him, despite his reputation being in tatters, although not completely, since he knows how to weasel himself out of the worst. The way Hera tried to confront him... was just unwise. Of couse you could argue, since this is about her son, the rage blinds her. 

• Like 4

Thanks! I was looking forward to the OST. The music is nicely used in the drama and I'm a sucker for background music. I'm reminded to check out the other songs, and this one is my current fave:

• Like 2

The director keeps focusing on Hae Ra's (Kim Sa Rang) face but it is difficult to empathize with her because she always display a blank face. She can cry, as seen when she visited the cemetery, but any other emotion, she fails to emote. She does not show fear, confusion, surprise, sympathy or anything else as her facial muscles simply fail to move. It is not enough to open your eyes wide and now them every now and them. You don't even know if she's confused or afraid in the face of danger. Simply put, it's difficult for her to act. Just another pretty face, a beauty queen turned actress. in my opinion.

In playing her character, she's often indecisive although she has bouts of boldness. However, it would be good if she can take some lessons in self defense. She's such a weakling and she's always wearing those ridiculous stiletto heels that make it difficult for her to walk or run. 

Did she deny the fact that she received financial help from Cha Mi Yeon in the past when her mother was hospitalized and Mi Yeon recommended her for the job at the broadcasting station? Was she exacting revenge on Mi Yeon because the job caused her to be raped by the RickRoll'D bag celebrity, Lee Hoon Seok, who became her husband (ex-husband now)?

• Like 3

Is anyone else confused how Haera’s phone was recording the auction or the police were called in time or how it was all planned?

I'm wondering how the lady chaebol is going to get rid of useless boyfriend, aka Haera’s ex. They seem to be at stalemate, but we know that lady chaebol can torture and beat up people too. So, shouldn’t she be able to take that creep’s phone and evidence? It’s not like anyone ever keeps copies in cloud drives in these shows.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Is anyone else confused how Haera’s phone was recording the auction or the police were called in time or how it was all planned?

I think it was her new partner, the rookie reporter Hyun Sung who planted the phone there. He was there among those loan sharks. 

Hmmmm. I am feeling like dropping this but I sort of want to know the ending? As the story gets intense, Hera's lack of expression gets on my nerves now. I realized that even her body language is non-existent. I feel like looking at a wooden log. Every time I watched her getting attacked, she seems like she is just there waiting for it to happened. It is not showing that she tried to avoid or trying to save herself from the attack. Normal person would at least flinch a little. And once she falls, she stayed there for a good amount of time. Even during the scene where she entered the office already smelling the gas but did not think of turning on the lights is just what? One thing I always do when I'm entering dark room, I'll turn on the lights first. This always happened in dramaland that I tend to just ignore that perhaps there are people out there who prefer to be in the dark, but it only happen when danger is looming. Not in other scenes. Just a small pet peeves of mine. :isannoyed:

It is nice to watch that what people thought was Cha Mi Hyeon's deed done for goodwill, it actually was not the case for Hera. Cha Min Joon hatred towards Hera is founded because he only heard rumors but not the whole story about Hera and Cha Mi Hyeon's exchange. He is feeling that Hera is an ungrateful woman but from Hera's perspective, it was the start of her way to hell. Knowing that Hera also trying to look for Mi Hyeon, I hope that she and Min Joon will become true partner faster. I need more Min Joon to distract me from Hera's wooden acting. 

Talking about Min Joon, I wonder if he knows that the kid with loan shark problem is the son of the truck driver that found Mi Hyeon before. Some scenes made me think that Min Joon is like the grand master planner but at times it feels like everything that is happening is out of pure luck. What information that he has is still up in the air. 

Looking forward for next week episodes? Maybe. But I might abuse my fast forward button more now. :offtospace:

• Like 2
  • Jillia changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] Get Revenge, 복수해라 - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST
  • larus changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] Get Revenge, 복수해라