[Drama 2020/2021] True Beauty, 여신강림

0ly40

Soompi Awards: Best and Worst of the Rest (Dramas 2020)

Chingus, welcome to our final poll of 2020. :kiss_wink:  You can vote for:

1) The best C-drama of 2020

2) The most disappointing K-drama or K-drama ending of 2020

3) The best abs in a K-drama in 2020

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon and @Lmangla

• Wiggle 1

Did I miss something? What baseball game did JG go to that the baseball player was looking for her?

Can anyone tell me which episode or roughly which minute please? Thank you. Details like these bugs me.

Episode 7 Review.

Lmao...Throughout

It Took an Adult Looking Manchild to make both Dreamg Manchildren to finally Pursue IJG openly. THEY Even turned into cheerleaders so ADult Manchild can win the game and leave for US.BTW He was Smooth his wooing skills were woah....

Seojoon is gonna endup like next Jisoo, true if the writers only Keep on giving him Sass and Bold attitude without any Actual Actions.

IJg finally spoke Up to her Mum.Loved that Courage.

Teacher finally lost his Mind in Love and Virginity, UNNIE is a Smooth Flirter Woman...she rocks the Pants for Sure!!

IJg going all Banshee over a Doll thinking it to be SUHo and Imma gonna kill you is such a Real thing to do , it does help you detoxify yourselves.

Cew's Wth or Shocked moments are so much On Point, today especially while he was practicing in front of the Mirror and listens to his friend Describing him looking like a K drama Tsuendre male Lead without having the actual Courage and CEws rxn was Very Good.The BOY HAS IMPROVED!!!

The scene where Suho asks IJg to sit and she choses to sit behind, Oh...it broke my Teen Love Heart.

The scene when Suho gave IJG the Clip....:fullofhearts:

The scene when IJG makes Seojoon try the Lipshade:heart2beat:

The LIFT scene when Manchild 2 is all flustered by closeness and Manchild 1 enters with a Bang and Opens the Lift Door...:Woah:

And Then IJG runs away while she pretends she needs to Pee.She was runnung away from Suho and his closeness and Jumped over the Lift gap more Cleanly than Andrew Garfield or Toby Mcguire's Version of Spiderman Ever did.Girl should get her own Series LMAO.

Tomorrow Team Seojoon v/s Team Suho.Seojoon do Something except throwing Epic Oneliners Dude.

Btw I love how the Outcasts or Underdogs in this show are the Ones with True Admirers.Be it IJG, Teacher or Seojoons Sister.Instead of The Dreamy Guys and Unnie.

• Like 2

Oh my the spotlight on Hwang In Yeop is getting so much traction & he deserves it! Just look at all the fmv on YT. They're all Team Seo Joon & it's obvious I am too LoL. 

I am glad they cast Ga Young 'cause had it been someone else it will come off.. Idk lacking I guess LoL? But she holds her own. Ju Gyung's embarrassing moments are so relatable! 

BTW the way she speedily climbed the tree or leapt out of the elevator was WoW. She got superhuman skills ahahah. 

20 hours ago, madmad min said:

Episode 7 Review.

Lmao...Throughout

It Took an Adult Looking Manchild to make both Dreamg Manchildren to finally Pursue IJG openly. THEY Even turned into cheerleaders so ADult Manchild can win the game and leave for US.BTW He was Smooth his wooing skills were woah....

Seojoon is gonna endup like next Jisoo, true if the writers only Keep on giving him Sass and Bold attitude without any Actual Actions.

IJg finally spoke Up to her Mum.Loved that Courage.

Teacher finally lost his Mind in Love and Virginity, UNNIE is a Smooth Flirter Woman...she rocks the Pants for Sure!!

IJg going all Banshee over a Doll thinking it to be SUHo and Imma gonna kill you is such a Real thing to do , it does help you detoxify yourselves.

Cew's Wth or Shocked moments are so much On Point, today especially while he was practicing in front of the Mirror and listens to his friend Describing him looking like a K drama Tsuendre male Lead without having the actual Courage and CEws rxn was Very Good.The BOY HAS IMPROVED!!!

The scene where Suho asks IJg to sit and she choses to sit behind, Oh...it broke my Teen Love Heart.

The scene when Suho gave IJG the Clip....

The scene when IJG makes Seojoon try the Lipshade

The LIFT scene when Manchild 2 is all flustered by closeness and Manchild 1 enters with a Bang and Opens the Lift Door...

And Then IJG runs away while she pretends she needs to Pee.She was runnung away from Suho and his closeness and Jumped over the Lift gap more Cleanly than Andrew Garfield or Toby Mcguire's Version of Spiderman Ever did.Girl should get her own Series LMAO.

Tomorrow Team Seojoon v/s Team Suho.Seojoon do Something except throwing Epic Oneliners Dude.

Btw I love how the Outcasts or Underdogs in this show are the Ones with True Admirers.Be it IJG, Teacher or Seojoons Sister.Instead of The Dreamy Guys and Unnie.

To be honest, I knew that the audiences are generally classified into Team Suho or Team Seojun. And I was also part of Team Suho before this. But the baseball scene where both Seojun and Suho went to support kinda changed my mind. I feel that Seojun and Suho make a better couple instead. LOOK at the chemistry between them and the sudden embarassement of Seojun. I can't hold my smiles at all ^^

• LOL 3

Hi everyone

I'm watching this drama to episode 6, not yet continuing.

Idk if anyone here mentioned before, so I found that the relationship between Suho and Seo Jun is pretty much same like Tae Woon and Dae Hwi in School 2017, both were bestfriends until one of their bestie died, one blame the other.

I don't know how the story goes in next episodes, however I find many 'holes' in the story.

For youngsters, the stories might be relatable, but for me who is in my mid 30, there are many parts in the story that seem off. Like, I still don't get why exactly SH and SJ likes JK? I don't find JK as interesting character or a girl with strong character. For me it's really like fantasy. I even find JK is like a dumb girl, or bimbo. Well, you don't have to get high scores to be smart, street smart is okay! And from the spoilers seem they put some more love triangle. It's just so typical.

I have not read the webtoon, so what I expected from this drama was that the drama could inspire and empower young girls, love themselves  and see 'true beauty' in themselves, so that they will be confident and brave to against the bullies. But seems this drama is not as I expected.:pensive: It is a typical comic story.

So yeah, I think this drama is not my cup of tea and drop it.

• Like 1

@madmad min

You got me laughing on the comparison Hwang In Yeop will be the next Ji Soo, at the same time it breaks my heart a lil as well 'cause In Yeop has so much potential. And he definitely has lead vibes, charisma. Time will tell I guess, fingers crossed. 

@skinnyjeans

Aww~ that' s OK I guess I mean life's too short to waste it on a drama not to your liking. I'm in my 40s & I tune in to this drama mainly for its eye candy cast eheheh. Yup I can be shallow too. :tounge_wink: I don't pay much attention to the plot per se but Ju Gyung's constant crying is starting to annoy me. 

I get she's upset but she seem to Idk bawl like a child which comes off weird and she's supposedly 17/18 y.o.? The feud between the 2 male leads are in almost every K-Drama ever LoL. It gets a bit childish & the way the 2 keep grabbing Ju Gyung and taking her away is so Tarzan ha-ha. I honestly don't see her appeal either, I feel Soo Jin's story stand out more. But hey as I said earlier, just watching for eye candy & the hottie that's Hwang In Yeop. :kiss_wink:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Episode 8 Review....

IJGs makeup Issues are More than Love Issues, hahahaha.

Suho Spoke FINALLY.Dude thank God you did not disappoint your Friend with Weird Hairdo.

I love Seojoon, I loved when his family was watching A familiar Wife and he got all mad on Someone having a Dab on a Girl just because they Liked her First.But dude is Manipulative.He does like IJG but somehow he is so Underconfident in himself He has to Make sure to let SUHO know that IJG should not be with Suho.

Their Lion fight in Savannah Grasslands and finally after jumping on each other they fell down.Lol.:popcornjackson:

Seojoon's voice is No Joke!!

Rookie Historian meets Ghost Story God.Then somehow we end up watching My Love from Another Star.This show paying tribute all Legendary Shows-- Pure Fun.:loolz:

I feel the most traumatized is IJgs brother, The girl he wants to woo does not even give crap while He has to watch His Noona 1 turning into a Rockstar singing Saranghe ,Other Noona become the K drama cliche heartbroken Girl and Parents Getting it On.POOR POOR IJH lololol.:surprisedwut:

The Misunderstanding and Love Hexagon For Fffsake....IJG crying over her fate and Seojoon consoling her and Suho misunderstanding.If IJg wouldn't have blasted Suho the Kiss wouldnt have happened.And Sujin girl you can do better than both Manchildre I am telling you.:fun:

What on earth are they gonna coverup in 9 episodes? Is Seojoon gonna be in Some Proper Action or is it gonna just revolve around The Mystery of their friends Death? Please dont drop the pace like all K dramas these days please.:Furious:

The side story of teacher and Unnie with Manderlla and Prince Charming can actually have a Spinoff its that sweet.I hope Suhos father dosent harm Unnie More.I dont like him in any manner.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 5:22 PM, skinnyjeans said:

Hi everyone

I'm watching this drama to episode 6, not yet continuing.

Idk if anyone here mentioned before, so I found that the relationship between Suho and Seo Jun is pretty much same like Tae Woon and Dae Hwi in School 2017, both were bestfriends until one of their bestie died, one blame the other.

I don't know how the story goes in next episodes, however I find many 'holes' in the story.

For youngsters, the stories might be relatable, but for me who is in my mid 30, there are many parts in the story that seem off. Like, I still don't get why exactly SH and SJ likes JK? I don't find JK as interesting character or a girl with strong character. For me it's really like fantasy. I even find JK is like a dumb girl, or bimbo. Well, you don't have to get high scores to be smart, street smart is okay! And from the spoilers seem they put some more love triangle. It's just so typical.

I have not read the webtoon, so what I expected from this drama was that the drama could inspire and empower young girls, love themselves  and see 'true beauty' in themselves, so that they will be confident and brave to against the bullies. But seems this drama is not as I expected.:pensive: It is a typical comic story.

So yeah, I think this drama is not my cup of tea and drop it.

Hi! I agree with you at some points. I expect the drama could inspire and empower young girls to love themselves as well and I find that True Beauty has captured this pretty well, although not that deep. I dont know why, but I feel they are getting more focus on the love triangle rather than the meaning of "True Beauty" itself.

However, I still want to give it a try. In the latest episode (ep.8), there is a development in Jungkyung and Suho relationship. So I hope the upcoming episodes could lessen the tension of love triangle issue, and focus on another issue, such as what you said above.

Regarding the reason why Suho likes Jungkyung, I think, one of the reasons is that because Suho can find the meaning of "True Beauty" on Jungkyung self. He likes her just the way she is, a nice and kind-hearted girl who loves to help others, and sincere as well.

True Beauty is a "light" drama. We watch it for fun. Although there are some cringey scenes that makes me "errrrr..." lol, but so far I still can enjoy it.

• Like 4

SH ♡ JK 's jiu jitsu Date ???????? ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

spacer.png

Of these, January 13, mungayeong steel has been posted on a date and chaeunu jiujitsu to heighten the level of concern.Steel, released jujissu and contained images of two people who stood facing each other wearing a uniform.Seemed excited in the exotic cuisine before the mungayeong jujissu a bright look like a child and the clown figure rising into.Be mushy. heart with a smile on one's face after cute is that mungayeong chaeunu

In addition, mungayeong and chaeunu of contact have also surfaced that a child to give palpitations.Lying on the floor is chaeunu mungayeong that between the two eyes, and the down, as a flowing pink is spread by the intense thrill.Furthermore, his hands to support the head of the mungayeong and trifle with gentle hand of the chaeunu to quiver.In steel your heart with kongdakkeori as expectations rose in both sides of the two men who make romance.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Someone mentioned how unrealistic this show was having all these guys fighting over her or showing interest. I think that that is the whole point. When you have a story and this is a story not a docudrama about a girl who others consider ugly being the object of interest of these great looking guys it is a fantasy and a dream. Often when I was young I used to fantasise after reading some romance novel about being the subject of interest of some good looking guy I knew in real life. I was dreaming and when we watch these shows there is a part of us that want this girl to be the object of admiration but in the end we want the guy who really knows her warts and all to be the one.

However don't forget Su Ho knows exactly how she looks underneath the makeup. He is attracted to her character, the baseball guy was only interested in her looks. Seo Jin is also interested in her character too.

• Like 8
  • Awesome 2