[Drama 2020/2021] True Beauty, 여신강림

0ly40

6 hours ago, starrynic said:

@airasara I enjoy the drama more too!  I prefer JG with SH :wub: and you are right, the Suho “flying” part was super cringey and over dramatic. So not on point indeed 

Although that scene is a bit over dramatic, I think the actors' expressions are on point. Especially Suho's who looks dead inside. It's a bit funny when I see the spoiler from social media. But when I watch it by myself, it feels painful and sad.

Anyway... just find out a nice essay about True Beauty. The essay is very well-written and has a good insight on the drama.

https://life-rewritten.tumblr.com/post/640374002156765184/true-beauty-true-traumas-and-unsettling/amp?__twitter_impression=true

• Like 3

Thanks @airasara for clearing the webtoon difference.  I guess will continue reading the webtoon with that thought in mind.  I was amazed the webtoon drawing is almost identical to actor playing Seo Jun.

Agree 200% the flying in air was over dramatic. :lol:

2 hours ago, airasara said:

Although that scene is a bit over dramatic, I think the actors' expressions are on point. Especially Suho's who looks dead inside. It's a bit funny when I see the spoiler from social media. But when I watch it by myself, it feels painful and sad.

Anyway... just find out a nice essay about True Beauty. The essay is very well-written and has a good insight on the drama.

https://life-rewritten.tumblr.com/post/640374002156765184/true-beauty-true-traumas-and-unsettling/amp?__twitter_impression=true

@airasara Thanks for the link, I’ve read it and wow, it’s deep and very insightful. The lightheartedness and comedic nature of this drama has made me forget what this is truly about, it’s about 2 persons trying to navigate life with deep secrets, masks on.

I feel like in ep 10 Seo Jun has really overstepped his boundaries with Ju Gyeong, she has already told him that the one she likes is Su Ho, and that they are dating, but he keeps hanging around her and telling her to “break up” and “choosing friendship over love” is not helping at all. Especially since her relationship with SH is still new and growing. 

And what about him not leaving when he saw SH already in JG’s house? And why is he still trying to “compete” with SH when he already knows SH has already won the girl? Of course all of that will send SH into a jealous fit, and when he tries to talk to JG about it, I get the feeling that SH was willing to look past the photo rumor and he just wanted to tell everyone that they are dating. And when JG didn’t want to make their dating known, that’s when the straw broke the camel’s back.

And when SH found out the truth about how his dad indirectly caused Se Yeon’s death, and on top of it, how his girl is still angry at him, my heart truly broke for him. I rewatched that car accident part again, and while Seo Jun’s look was of horror, SH’s expression was dead, like he could not care less about what was gonna happen to him. That is just. Heart. Breaking. 

It’s gonna be a lot of work and communication for our OTP from now on,  but all I want to do is to cheer them on and hope they don’t break up!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, starrynic said:

@airasara Thanks for the link, I’ve read it and wow, it’s deep and very insightful. The lightheartedness and comedic nature of this drama has made me forget what this is truly about, it’s about 2 persons trying to navigate life with deep secrets, masks on.

I feel like in ep 10 Seo Jun has really overstepped his boundaries with Ju Gyeong, she has already told him that the one she likes is Su Ho, and that they are dating, but he keeps hanging around her and telling her to “break up” and “choosing friendship over love” is not helping at all. Especially since her relationship with SH is still new and growing. 

And what about him not leaving when he saw SH already in JG’s house? And why is he still trying to “compete” with SH when he already knows SH has already won the girl? Of course all of that will send SH into a jealous fit, and when he tries to talk to JG about it, I get the feeling that SH was willing to look past the photo rumor and he just wanted to tell everyone that they are dating. And when JG didn’t want to make their dating known, that’s when the straw broke the camel’s back.

And when SH found out the truth about how his dad indirectly caused Se Yeon’s death, and on top of it, how his girl is still angry at him, my heart truly broke for him. I rewatched that car accident part again, and while Seo Jun’s look was of horror, SH’s expression was dead, like he could not care less about what was gonna happen to him. That is just. Heart. Breaking. 

It’s gonna be a lot of work and communication for our OTP from now on,  but all I want to do is to cheer them on and hope they don’t break up!

I agree with you!! I don’t get why SJ is flirting with JK at work and even trying to compete with SH (ex the dumpling scene). Like dude, she already friend zone you....move on....lol. I feel like at first he only likes her just because SH likes her. And JK is so blinded by it, she doesn’t realize he likes her so she’s still hanging around him, making SH jealous while she herself is jealous and having all these weird scenarios SH is going to dump her.

Yeah that last scene with the car accident was over dramatic but I understand his expressionless face. He’s pretty much dead inside at this point...he has a lot to shoulder due to his father’s action. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Drama is so good. That overdramatic parts are just good& just as they are teenagers and overything is hard on them as they navigate love, school & life. I am just as worried as the blogger for Suho& Ju Kyung. This drama is one to watch reruns. Definitely quality drama. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, starrynic said:

Yes, I'm glad that there's finally someone who can share different yet insightful views of this drama. You know, comedic scenes or the overhyping of team suho/ team seojun somehow lessen people's focus on this drama. As if it's only about seeking for love from one ordinary girl. yes it does, but that's only a small part of the story. I hope that the rest of the episodes will be focusing on the development of the main characters in finding their own True Beauty. Jungkyung and Suho will help each other to find / and realise their "True Beauty," gain more self confidence, and start to love themselves. 

And I think the drama has been doing pretty good in the latest episodes. 

• Love 2

It seems to me that in the webtoon only Suho and Seojun knew about her real face without makeup in school, there in the drama it looks like the whole school will know, I wonder how they are going to manage to handle this big revelation , especially since JuGyeong had been mocked and brutalized by other girls and wanted to kill herself, and the girls who brutalized her are still around in the drama.  I'm pretty sure this reveal will be at the end of episode 12 or 13 ?! Sujin has no idea how much harm she might cause her :wut:

Ep 9-10 Review.

I wish the writers Give Seojoon More scenes than Sujin, it became so Boring at one point Lord.

Unnie and Teacher-Unnie is impulsive and confident and Teacher hiding their relationship makea Sense much more than IJG at this point.Glad he Told her the Facts, A teacher dating someone from his student family is not accepatable in Asian Cultures that easy.Also He clarified that he knew Unnie better than he showed, he may nkt wear the pants in their relationship But He is More Reasonable.I love them Together.and I loved where she claimed He is My Lover He is my MAN !!!lmao.

Tale of 2 youngsters-I know your desires , but read the Book after 3 years.These 2 are very sweet.Baby bro and Baby sis you are cute.

Suho's Development.He probably is the most Developed character throughout the shows Journey, he with IJGs help is slowly learning to Live back.He eveb found a Pseudo Dad in Mr Im who did mooch off his House but understood Suho lacked the pArental Love.Lol he even gave Suho the Birds and the Bees Talk Lol.

Seojoon is blurring his line along with keeping a distance, he knows IJG never sees him as an option but as a Young Adult he is acting on hormones at places, maybe cause his exposure to Glamour is more in person than Suho hence his Hormonal Aura, but he is a friend to IJG that he never wanted to be.She is more comfortable with him than anyone of her friends.Its gonna be hard for that chap.GIVE HIM MORE SCENES WRITERS!!!

Sujin, I understand your attachment to your saviour, but being deliberately Mean to someone who Never knew about your feelings in the first place and manipulating her in the name of a friend is So Bad.I have completely lost her as a character, stereotypical vamp route.(Ps can anyone tell me the name of the shkw whete the Imaginary Makhajang was going on when she threw juics on IJG?)

IJG - She is a struggling teen but she needs more Honest Communication with SUHO.I liked her choice of College Prespect, she knows where she can shine the Most.

IJg and Suho- Everyone says Suho is Being Obsolete and Dominant, IJG is filtering out stuff maybe due to time or due to Sujins manipulation but Suho is much more upfront with her.Maybe cause as a Friend they never really understood each othet hence the misunderstandings.SUHO needed to use more Proper Words to stop her or limit her meetings woth SeoJoon but he dosent know Sujin is making A Mess , hence he just skips her in the Convo.Like IJG doesn't see Seojoon as a Man nor does he even gives a Look at Sujin, but for Seo and IJG the rumor aspect and Those Intimate Pics will end up making anyone misunderstand especially when she is trearing Suho as a Secret.Understand the part where he grew Up with a Father who is A CRAPBAG, he has a lot of pent up insecurities in Relationship portions.

IJG is afraid of being Bullied, she was Kidnapped being mistaked for Seojoons GF and she knows If she is know to date Suho it may end up bullying session 32 as well.But SHE NEEDS to place her insecurities Up front, giving her rationality and making Suho like a MCP was not the entire Clarification, Talk instead of walking away , talk why Sujin is making you mad.SUJIN and IJG are Bff whereas Seo and Suho are enemies , How will Suho know that her best friend is making Her jealous? Talk properly.

Funniest Part- The Masterchef Asia Im Family version, how Much Dough was left that they created their own versions of Dragon and Phoenix? Ashes of Dumplings it is.

Shipper SuJu----Dad, Bro and Suho friend (he is the Shipper Forums Admin I am telling you)

Shipper SeoJu----Mom and Classmates.

Suho bribed Dad and Pulled the fangurl card on Mum EPIC.Seojoon won though Lmao.

Also seo and Suho talk about fighting like WWf fighters and end up wanting to Pull each others hair LMAO.

CLIMAX-Unnie Just barged in and wanted Logical Justice, but I hope she is not harmed like they Did to the Kid.

Suho is already sad abt him and IJG top it off with Moron Father , and then Seo and Suho meet with an accident.I ignored the SlowMo, It was in Suhos desperation, that Manchild is a Lava not able to burst anywhere.And he is blamed for everything.

Also Ps-If its sort of an Alternate Universe from The COMic is SeoJukyong the Endgame? I mean Writers GIVE SEOJOON SCENES. Dangbit.

On 1/16/2021 at 8:13 AM, airasara said:

Yes, I'm glad that there's finally someone who can share different yet insightful views of this drama. You know, comedic scenes or the overhyping of team suho/ team seojun somehow lessen people's focus on this drama. As if it's only about seeking for love from one ordinary girl. yes it does, but that's only a small part of the story. I hope that the rest of the episodes will be focusing on the development of the main characters in finding their own True Beauty. Jungkyung and Suho will help each other to find / and realise their "True Beauty," gain more self confidence, and start to love themselves. 

And I think the drama has been doing pretty good in the latest episodes. 

@starrynic @airasara Gonna agree with both of you on this point. Team suho/seojun is just a really pointless discussion. Seojun in this drama is overstepping boundaries of both his so called friend and JK. He obviously knows that they are in a relationship and time and again he tries to get close to JK and acts like he's going to steal her away from SH? I'm not even going to mention how he first approached JK. I have utter disrespect for this character. His scenes annoy me. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, SCSfanz said:

@starrynic @airasara Gonna agree with both of you on this point. Team suho/seojun is just a really pointless discussion. Seojun in this drama is overstepping boundaries of both his so called friend and JK. He obviously knows that they are in a relationship and time and again he tries to get close to JK and acts like he's going to steal her away from SH? I'm not even going to mention how he first approached JK. I have utter disrespect for this character. His scenes annoy me. 

@SCSfanz omg you literally took the words out of my mouth. Seo Jun’s scenes annoy me so much too! So what if he’s nice to JK and helps her? How about all those things Su Ho did for JK without her even knowing it? Like that time he “forced” the bad boy to apologize to her after “abducting” her and he didn’t even need her to know that was his doing.  That’s true love, in my opinion. 

Both Su Ho and Ju Kyung are growing up so much in their relationship. Su Ho is learning to break down his wall bit by bit, to know how it feels to love and care for somebody else, albeit his mistaken tsundere ways in the beginning, lol. JK is learning to accept herself for who she is because of Su Ho. I just hope the both of them will not let us down in the future episodes and continue to grow, both individually and with each other! That’s what I really want to see. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, starrynic said:

@SCSfanz omg you literally took the words out of my mouth. Seo Jun’s scenes annoy me so much too! So what if he’s nice to JK and helps her? How about all those things Su Ho did for JK without her even knowing it? Like that time he “forced” the bad boy to apologize to her after “abducting” her and he didn’t even need her to know that was his doing.  That’s true love, in my opinion. 

Both Su Ho and Ju Kyung are growing up so much in their relationship. Su Ho is learning to break down his wall bit by bit, to know how it feels to love and care for somebody else, albeit his mistaken tsundere ways in the beginning, lol. JK is learning to accept herself for who she is because of Su Ho. I just hope the both of them will not let us down in the future episodes and continue to grow, both individually and with each other! That’s what I really want to see. 

Thank goodness there are others that felt the same way. I felt like there really isn’t the need to drag this love triangle with Seo Jun for so long because JK already told him she likes Su Ho. We see that Su Ho has done a lot for her without her knowing while Seo Jun is trying to compete with Su Ho and trying to flirt with JK. Plus we are already seeing the deeper side of their relationship, they knew each other when they were little, thus this part will strengthen their relationship. No point on Seo Jun butting in and trying to compete. I know some people think she has more chemistry with Seo Jun but it’s because she already friend zone him so she doesn’t feel the need to be cautious around him while with Su Ho, she’s more cautious because she likes him. With a few episodes left, I hope they don’t waste more time doing another love triangle with Su Jin too....

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@SCSfanz that's right! I don't understand with some people who say that Suho is not a supportive boyfriend, overprotective, possessive, even a stalker just because he appears wherever Jungkyung and Seojun together, and say that Seojun is a good boy and so forth. It's crazy, how Suho seems to be always at fault, but Seojun (no matter what he's done) is always sweet and nice. Lol. 

Don't get me wrong, I love Seojun as well. I can't wait for the next episodes where Suho and Seojun clear up the misunderstanding and become friends again. 

3 hours ago, SCSfanz said:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, airasara said:

that's right! I don't understand with some people who say that Suho is not a supportive boyfriend, overprotective, possessive, even a stalker just because he appears wherever Jungkyung and Seojun together, and say that Seojun is a good boy and so forth. It's crazy, how Suho seems to be always at fault, but Seojun (no matter what he's done) is always sweet and nice. Lol. 

Don't get me wrong, I love Seojun as well. I can't wait for the next episodes where Suho and Seojun clear up the misunderstanding and become friends again. 

That's just the overly biased look of people, when it comes down to "Teams". 

Really, I think Suho tried to express his feelings, but he didn't do it well. He should have said these things without immediately getting upset, trying to tell her. In reality, he can't make the ultimatum. But also Jukyeong is still on the naive side, not noticing anything. There are many communication errors between the couple.

And tbh I hope the two boys can work it out, now when the truth will be revealed regarding Suho's role in the suicide. At least Seojun stopped shouting "you murderer!" at suho a couple of episodes back. 

• Like 3

I am on tik tok and many people there are team seo jun and dragging suho and even cha eun woo, some of them have a theory that drama writers switched up scenes in drama to make seo jun endgame but if that happens i would consider that a failure and sloppy writing bc in 10 ep and ep 11 preview we didnt see even once that she sees seo jun as anything else then friend or even older brother. I feel that writers would pull up seo jun relationship till the end but doesnt make sense if she stays or even be with him in drama.

i hope they would not drag out lobe triangle thing till the end like start up bc that lowers drama quality to me...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lilybp said:

I am on tik tok and many people there are team seo jun and dragging suho and even cha eun woo, some of them have a theory that drama writers switched up scenes in drama to make seo jun endgame but if that happens i would consider that a failure and sloppy writing bc in 10 ep and ep 11 preview we didnt see even once that she sees seo jun as anything else then friend or even older brother. I feel that writers would pull up seo jun relationship till the end but doesnt make sense if she stays or even be with him in drama.

i hope they would not drag out lobe triangle thing till the end like start up bc that lowers drama quality to me...

@lilybpwow really? But then again I highly doubt it JK will end up with SJ coz SH is the first male lead. Plus you are right, the writers have made it very clear that JK only sees SJ as a friend. And SJ knows for sure that the one JK likes is definitely SH and not him. 

Though I’m wondering, if SH makes up with JK and reconciles his friendship with SJ both in episode 11 that still leaves us 5 more episodes, how is the storyline gonna continue? I need more sweet moments of our OTP! 

Lastly, I lost interest and didn’t finish watching Start-Up for the same exact reason. Stupid love triangle dragged till the very end!? Please, when we all know who the girl is eventually going to end up with. First male lead. Of course. 

• Like 2