[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Sleepless Princess 离人心上

sugarplum892

ooh @Phroggies you bring up very interesting points!! and yeah you're right....i started watching this series to laugh and love and get away from real life stress for a while.....yet here i am, investing more passion and interest into the drama than in my daily work xD it's all good tho, I've grown to enjoy this very very much!!! 

i still have to read the recent recaps lol but thanks again to @angelflower and @Michelle Goh-Chin and to anyone else willing to add more or elaborate ♡__♡ much appreciation and thanks!!!

and as always, thanks everyone for your posts - y'all keep me company during my tiring days lol

anyway ohhhhhhh goodness ZYC is so handsome and cute.......and i really love his natural skin tone TT____TT but i know that the ideal beauty standards in dominant society is to have a very light skin tone...i hope he never has to feel insecure about his darker skin but it's probably hard not to feel that way bc part of his job as an actor is to pay attention to his physical appearance..and if a lot of people prefer him to have a lighter skin color, he'll have to wear brighter/whiter foundation or have people brighten up his face in pics :(( i just wanna tell him that he looks absolutely STUNNING and so incredibly handsome with his natural skin tone, and that it's his hard work, dedication, skills, and personality that makes him shine even More brightly...

i remember in an interview, even HYX made a comment about how her first impression of ZYC was "his skin is so dark" or something like that, and I know she was probably joking and didn't mean any harm but.....that's still hurtful bc it perpetuates the idea that lighter skin tones are more desirable than darker skin tones, and that it's a drastic or abnormal thing if you have darker skin. bc i know that for me, i have a darker skin tone compared to some others in my asian community so...i do get made fun of a lot..and it doesn't feel nice x( when HYX said that to ZYC, i was a little hurt but i do understand how the greater society shapes the way we all think, so i accepted what happened and moved forward. I'm just hoping she'll be able to inform herself of accepting all skin tones and to change that way of thinking..i still love her very much tho!!! she's so so lovely and i believe her acting skills are really worthy of high recognition *__* crossing my fingers that she gets more roles for even more amazing scripts soon!!

Edited by honeytime
fixing typos, adding a few more points
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

I’m a dark skin toned asian too (I’m sure I’m darker than ZYC) and learned to embrace, laugh, and joke with it. Yes it does hurt at first but no one is perfect. You’re who you’re because of your imperfection. You’re the one who perfects it by living and showing it off without caring about others opinions.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Exactly! His smirk and smile are too adorable. He pulls off a better looking general than most actors I’ve seen (no offense to the other actors they usually look scrawny with big armor on them in my opinion) I’ve seen a lot of ancient Chinese drama. He looks manly, intimidating, fierce he doesn’t have that bulk muscle body, but he does have a great body built for it. I can’t stop saying he looks good in ancient Chinese costume especially in this drama like his hair and everything is just perfect! He brings XY to life. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

I am fair skinned Asian but I find darker skin Asians attractive in their own way. If ZYC was fair it might not suit him. 
I agree that he looks so good in ancient C-drama. Some actors are so skinny. He looks natural like normal people. I like him just as he is, dark skinned ,not too thin and I like that his teeth is not straight either. (Like mine)

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Yeah, I didn't notice anything about his darker skin tone until I saw an interview where he joked that his fans think he is too dark and yeah, I noticed some of his co-stars mentioned that as well. I also hope that he didn't take it too seriously because I do think he looks more manly and masculine with his healthy tan skin. He did mentioned that he can easily get tanned and he will try to prevent that - If it is to fit a character that is completely fine to try to have lighter skin tone but as himself, I hope he can be himself and not worry about it. Personally, to me, he looks hot with darker natural skin color. I am kind of tired to see ML in drama whiting than the female lead, and sometime even prettier than the female lead lol I mean that is fine but please don't set that as a standard - People should be all unique and have their own beauty their own way.

@Montato91 I agree with you 100%, some of the MLs built really looks off in armor because they look so skinny. While some may look big but too bulky that is not as good looking but ZYC's body built is absolutely perfect hehehe 

@Michelle Goh-Chin Oh yes, his uneven teeth makes him look adorable lol 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I hv not watched ZYC other dramas SP is the first and I was impressed with zyc & hyx performance. I got hooked after watching first ep mainly because of hyx, knowing that this cute princess is going to drive the general crazy. Love all the BTS and interviews and thats how I get to know more about zyc & hyx. zyc is really a hyperactive person and love him just the way he is! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, teletubby lala said:

I hv not watched ZYC other dramas SP is the first and I was impressed with zyc & hyx performance. I got hooked after watching first ep mainly because of hyx, knowing that this cute princess is going to drive the general crazy. Love all the BTS and interviews and thats how I get to know more about zyc & hyx. zyc is really a hyperactive person and love him just the way he is! 

He’s really cute in Love O2! Even though he’s not the ML. 

• Like 2

@BreezeC yes he’s in between. I’m glad he isn’t too skinny and has meat on him. Most actors are so skinny when they wear the armor it looks like the armor is swallowing them up. Lol And some of the actors don’t look right in some of the ancient costume (no offense to the actors) but in this drama all the men look good in them like it fits them well. XM, Mr. Bai, LJ, XC, LQ, and even DS they look good too their not too skinny, though XY pops out more, they all still look perfect to me. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

i completely agreeeeee with you all that ZYC pulls off the general look So Well ohmygoodness

:please: 

and yessss for this drama in particular....EVERYONE looks soooo good...but especially our general ~~~~ he just matches the role so perfectly...from his looks to his performance, he's so dreamy oh my *______*

omg!!!!!!!! i knewww there was something about his teeth that really drew me in....i just couldn't pinpoint what it was!!!! i think his crooked teeth make him even more charming ♡____♡ yet One More reason to love ZYC

haha @teletubby lala me too; HYX was one of the main reasons why i kept watching the show after starting the first ep. she's so cute and bright as CY, and i Love how mischievous she is xD always driving XY crazy and making him kick down doors, chase after her, and most importantly: carry her like she's a potato sack!!! looovve how he calls her name too when he's mad "Xu Chu Yue! >:("

honestly i miss that XY......the lovey-dovey XY is too too cheesy for me oops xDDDDDDD i can't get used to it yet hahahah

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

I miss the kicking door XY too...Like CY I’m not use to the caring and sweet talk XY.
When he said he couldn’t take a bite out of the soft bun because it reminds him of her soft face, I was like aiyo our general is flirting :blink: :wub: where did he learn to sweet talk like that I’m cringing :grimace: what happen to the kicking door, knocking down tables, carrying her like a sack of rice, making her ride a horse, wiping her tears all rough XY at lol now he’s all grabbing her clinging onto her :smirk: :love::heart: 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

On 9/4/2020 at 10:41 AM, BreezeC said:

Episode 33 Thoughts

Reveal hidden contents

- Too many NX and NW’s scenes, it is too late and kind of pointless at this time (2 episodes away from the finale and I don’t really care about them at all)

- I love XC in this episode. When he found the divorce paper, I was literally shouting “Please don’t take it away!” I was hoping once CY got her sight back she will read it herself but XC surprised me by not only not hiding the paper but he actually told CY that XY and NX are divorced!!! XC, you are the best!!!

- Firework kiss – I love how they are staring at each other after the misunderstanding is gone and when they sealed their commitment to each other with the second kiss…with XY’s tear running down his face at that exact moment - That was so beautifully captured…:fullofhearts:

- Poor XC, I think he finally realized that he will never express his love for CY and it will be hidden forever while continuing to protect her, just like XM

:Cornykiss: He deserves a sweet girl…

Episode 34 Thoughts

Reveal hidden contents

- Why kill off TY? Her death is pointless except for finally being with XM. They look good together but TY, I want to continue seeing you and CY giggling and hugging like two cute dolls…:bawling:

The ending of this episode is pretty off – XY just got stab and he dropped his sword and fell down??? He learned of his brother’s death, and threw up blood and fainted???

Episode 35 Thoughts

Reveal hidden contents

- I gave up on rationalizing some of the plot holes lol especially everything that happened in the hidden lair of the evil dude

- Two of the best scenes so far are -

1) When XY won’t leave CY as she turned into a tiger, she wants to pound on him and he end up spinning her beautifully around (all their spins are so beautifully done – bet ZYC can save some weight lifting lol) Then CY was worried about hurting XY since tiger are vicious, she said her teeth will tear his guts out – and then that smile on XY face (God, I melt right then and there!!!) He found her to be so cute like a kitten and then she started biting him – argh, adorable – I bet this time he finally got turned on and managed to complete the ‘deed’ with no problem lol But why is it always CY initiating it… Not sure did you all notice the detail here but I noticed that XY released CY’s arms before kissing her lips – I think he is waiting to see if she will struggle or lose her conscious again and pound on him again but she didn’t and smiled back at him which means to him that she is conscious before he started kissing her again and then their palms met….for him to proceed hehehe

2) The next scene in their white robes, they felt so comfortable and natural together but also intimate… love it when he tease her for being shy after last night and tickle her ear… Then the atmosphere changed as XY asked the question will she be asleep forever after the twelfth transformation – I can see in XY’s expression that he is scare of the answer and then was extremely sad as CY confirmed it and finally forcing himself to appear to be accepting of their short time together – All this time, tears keep coming out of his eyes silently and even when they kissed I can see a tear dropping down his chin – God, that was one of the most beautiful and nature scene but also sooooooo heart wrenching…ZYC's acting here had some many layers :tears:

I need to stop here and take a break before proceeding to the confusing ending lol But seriously I may be weird but I love seeing ZYC's crying silently...it is just sooooo sad but beautifully done... (I felt the same way in Let's shake it S2 and Love of thousand year) One of my top actor who touched my heart with his tear...

True! I feel like as if I been tore apart when watching the tears flowing beautifully from his eyes.

So for all the sadist-masochist fan, let us enjoy these "it so beautiful that it hurt" fmv together:sad1:

Xue Yao being heartbroken:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEzaOvIFO8A/

credit to brownsugarmoca

Beautiful parallel scenes:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEv92aADp6y/

credit to elmemoir

The contrast with the above with Zheng Ye Cheng being such a goofball on the set.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEbn226DB51/

credit to elmemoir

Their kiss bts.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEdgKULDYsX/

credit to elmemoir

Actually, I wonder if they will released the bts of their pond kiss that make Mr Bai went wow wow wow

:rubchin:

Or they won't show that bts to audience because it too hot to handle?:P

The Sleepless Princess OST: Sleep cover by Zheng Ye Cheng & Hu Yi Xuan. 

Their singing voice are so lovely!

credit to 胡意旋的小薏仁

credit to 胡意旋的小薏仁

Nothing, just reminiscing how cute Hu Yi Xuan is even when she acts like animals:lol:

credit to 胡意旋的小薏仁

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

LOL @Montato91 @teletubby lala you two are too funny xD 

oh, and thanks everyone who shared your thoughts on ZYC's skin tone!! he is definitely so perfect the way he is, and i hope he'll only continue to have confidence in his own skin ♡ 

@hmrhn thanks for sharing!! what you wrote is super interesting :D for me, my background is in sociology so i tend to think about things in more of a social context and i generally look at how society shapes people's interactions with each other and the world (just a bit of what i studied in school lol) but umm i admit i kinda turn that side of my brain down low when i watch dramas so i can save myself from spending even more time and energy than i already do on them xD

guys i found a really cute fmv of the bickering scenes of our couple q_____q not sure if it's been shared already but i can't help but smile sooooo hard and giggle as if I'm CY herself experiencing all that fun LOL

cr. to Miki Min on youtube

@enzek oh my.....xue yao cries soooo beautifully q___q and ahhhh ZYC is so full of youth...he's so energetic and i just Love how much laughter he always has in bts clips. even his voice is full of happiness!!!! he seems to brighten up the set for everyone, and I'm sure HYX brightens up the set too....which means double the sunshine ♡

and THOSE PARALLEL SCENES OHMYGOODNESS IM A SOBBING MESS TT_______________TT that video was such a masterpiece...my poor lil heart hurts to think about this bittersweet drama lol

LOL if they release bts clips of the pond kiss......i would be too shy to watch xD

OKAY hyx is sooooooo cute.........i absolutely loved the bts clip of when she was acting as a rat and her fake tooth broke so she couldn't continue acting, and right as she was gonna apologize she spit the fake tooth out hahhahahha she looked so adorable and it was so funny

:loolz:

• Like 3

That parallel clip slapped me in the heart ugh :tired: please don’t let the happy ending be an imagination. My old poor heart won’t be able to handle it :crybaby:

@honeytime I really miss that XY and their bickering that’s why I watched it. It brings life to the drama Lol I love them being cute and lovey dovey too just not used to him being a flirt sweet talking :grimace: lol 

I couldn’t even watch the pond kiss I was too shy lmao 

I like how he wiped her tears roughly when she cried for XC (when he beat him) he basically said you’re mine shed no tears for other men even if it’s your brother. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1