[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Sleepless Princess 离人心上

sugarplum892

5 hours ago, Montato91 said:

That parallel clip slapped me in the heart ugh :tired: please don’t let the happy ending be an imagination. My old poor heart won’t be able to handle it

@honeytime I really miss that XY and their bickering that’s why I watched it. It brings life to the drama Lol I love them being cute and lovey dovey too just not used to him being a flirt sweet talking :grimace: lol 

I couldn’t even watch the pond kiss I was too shy lmao 

I like how he wiped her tears roughly when she cried for XC (when he beat him) he basically said you’re mine shed no tears for other men even if it’s your brother. 

Right. I don't know anyone else felt it ...like it was so hot how roughly he wiped away her tears ....

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • LOL 2

5 hours ago, bittersweet thoughtsofInsanity said:

Right. I don't know anyone else felt it ...like it was so hot how roughly he wiped away her tears ....

I concur. I felt it Lol notice he uses two fingers when she cried for XC and uses his thumb when he makes her cry and wipes its softly haha or ride a horse to dry them. He went from wiping her tears away to kissing her tears away...ugh my heart

• Like 2
  • Love 2

oh i absolutely LOVED it when he kissed her tears...and then when she also did it i was so TT______________TT  those details are So GOOD whoever came up w that...i love you

just wanted to share these two gifs of our princess from a Twitter thread....

and

she is irresistible oh my....her acting is on point and it's just a bonus that she is this cute and prettyy i cryyy

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lovehuche said:

Bts of their second break up before the second wedding 

i have so much to say about this clip omg (like usual lol sorry for the long post ahead)

HAHA at 00:14 ZYC is so silly ohmygod I'd even dare call him annoying xD but of course "annoying" as in a good kind of annoying bc i just love him too much!!!!

aww i really wish they could use natural voices/sounds bc i quite like HYX's calm and soothing voice and I'd wanna hear their natural acting voices that are at-the-moment.. but like someone mentioned in this thread already, sometimes it's more time-efficient and money-saving to use artificial recordings and dubbings >< i guess there's always pros and cons to every way

woww at 00:41 the papers were shaking along with her hands :(( that scene in the drama was so incredibly intense and emotional.....i actually haven't watched the whole part yet (i only read the recap) bc i can't bear to watch it and cry before i watch the other eps with eng subs lol

but oh Gosh the way ZYC was crying..and the way he wiped his tears with his whole hand, and then shoved her to the floor q___q and even tho it looked like a hard fall, she stayed in character :cry: i mean it's her job to do well lol but still i commend her for that!! they both did SUCH an outstanding job it must've been so emotionally draining for them even tho it was just acting

oh man their crying scenes are so beautifully heartbreaking...look at their puffy eyes x( idk what they're saying but it looks like they were comforting each other in the end with the director(?)? and of course ZYC is lifting the mood like usual lol

• Like 2

I need to rewatch this drama with good English subs. I mean watching it raw I already can feel the emotions and guess what their saying, but I want to be able to read it with my own eyes and feel every bit of the meaning with how they express it. This drama really hit

the spot I was watching it as a filler waiting for love court enemies but now i forgot about that drama and can’t

go back and watch it because my whole entire head can only think of XY and CY. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, lovehuche said:

Bts of their second break up before the second wedding 

This BTS really shows how professional both ZYC n HYX are... 2 points

1) At around 0:18,

Director ask ZYC: Are you joking around now so that you can save up your emotions for the actual filming?

ZYC: No, actually I can't seem to find the feeling/mood, I am scare...

Director was surprised and ask: What do you mean you can't find the feeling/mood? Why are you scare?

ZYC: I am scare that my acting is not good enough...

Director then turn to others and said: I let you all know he is like this now...but once we call out 3...2...1...(meaning when they call 'action' for the actual filming) he is completely different (praising he enter his character instantly when the actual filming starts)

2) At 0:58 HYX was expressing how sorry she was for causing ZYC to film the same scene twice...sounds like she didn't do so well on the first take and require to do another one, ZYC comfort her by saying it is fine...

HYX: I felt sorry for causing you to film twice...

ZYC: That fine's...(pat and comfort her)

HYX: Argh...I am frustrated

ZYC: No, I was actually telling the director that maybe we can add some rain to make the scene better... (I think he was trying to move on to another topic to distract HYX from feeling sorry...)

---

ZYC: This scene is actually quite hard (I think he is trying to comfort her by saying this scene is quite challenging)

HYC: (To ZYC, she touched his arm) His emotion in the first take was extremely good...

ZYC: (lightening the mood by joking) This take is not good then? (Meaning the second take)

HYC: This take is also very good...

ZYC laugh (His laughter and personality is really contagious and lightens up the mood)

---

I found it amazing how ZYC is all hyper and fun one second and then when he actually start filming, he is a whole different person :cutekitty:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

we'll know the true ending soon...but we also have a week left? for the youtube videos with eng subs to be uploaded too so its not the ending ending yet >< i just reallyyy wish the subs were better...at least they need to make sure the timing is correct and is actually in english!!!

@BreezeC thanks for that!!!!!! wow.....they're both so professional and considerate of each other..i love that ;__; you can sense how comfortable they are around each other with the light patting and comforting ♡ and it's so sweet how he was trying to lighten the mood and redirect her concerns. he seems to know when he needs to be serious and calm, and when it's appropriate to be his usual hyper self. how lovely!!! sighs he just keeps growing on me the more i know him :// this is overwhelming for my heart xD 

lastlyyyyyy they uploaded part 2 of the interview!!!!!! i only watched a part of this so far but.....gosh they are both SO CUUTTTTTEEEE im always falling in love with them over and over again lol

• Love 1

On 9/8/2020 at 1:08 PM, honeytime said:

we'll know the true ending soon...but we also have a week left? for the youtube videos with eng subs to be uploaded too so its not the ending ending yet >< i just reallyyy wish the subs were better...at least they need to make sure the timing is correct and is actually in english!!!

@BreezeC thanks for that!!!!!! wow.....they're both so professional and considerate of each other..i love that ;__; you can sense how comfortable they are around each other with the light patting and comforting ♡ and it's so sweet how he was trying to lighten the mood and redirect her concerns. he seems to know when he needs to be serious and calm, and when it's appropriate to be his usual hyper self. how lovely!!! sighs he just keeps growing on me the more i know him :// this is overwhelming for my heart xD 

lastlyyyyyy they uploaded part 2 of the interview!!!!!! i only watched a part of this so far but.....gosh they are both SO CUUTTTTTEEEE im always falling in love with them over and over again lol

Thanks for this. I have also watched part of it . They have very good rapport. I hope to see more of the both of them together in future dramas. ImThe dubbed voice for ML is more difficult to understand as it’s quite low and the words are swallowed. I know it’s more time efficient and cheaper with dubbing but loved to hear their voices. 

Edited by mblgoh
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 5:24 PM, xiaoxf said:

For people wondering why they get dubbed,  from what I've heard online,  most actors (nowadays) aren't trained to deliver lines,  and also there's lots of accents from different regions so it's distracting to listen to.  I guess for people in the western world it's like being classically trained to do Shakespeare or going to Julliard vs. Hollywood actor, with no formal training.

Also,  a YouTuber I watched said that it helps to cut costs and save time,  bc the set can be as noisy as possible, and they can be filming during construction of another set, but on western film sets since they record the actors voices and all the natural sound,  the whole set has to be quiet and they can't work on other scenes unless there's a separate stage and film crew.

EDIT - i wanted to add this too, from @angelflower:

I looked it up just now and only ZYC is using his real voice in the drama - the rest of the actors are all dubbed, including Hu Yi Xuan. I find it a bit sad for actresses sometimes - it seems like they often want the female characters to sound higher-pitched, cuter (?) almost. Most of the actresses have lower pitches in real life, I feel. ZYC on the other hand, is praised for having a voice well suited for costume dramas; on top of that, he also has very good diction and tone for his characters.

2 hours ago, mblgoh said:

I don’t know why there’s voice over when it’s not difficult to understand the two of them. The voiceover for ML is more difficult to understand as it’s quite low and the words are swallowed. I wonder if others feel the same? 

i quoted two posts that i referenced of why some dramas dubb the voices, just in case new folks haven't seen them yet. mblgoh, you bring up a really interesting point tho! i wish i could discuss that with you but I'm unfamiliar with the language so i can't say much >< tho i really also wonder if anyone else feels the same as you!!!

2 hours ago, enzek said:

I wish to see another drama with Hu Yi Xuan and Zheng Ye Cheng where his character is the one that get bullied by her LOL

LOL I WISH.......cdrama gods please make this wish happen

:winkx: 

i would literally scream and cry happy tears if they had another project together - just gotta make sure they're the main leads again and it's:

□happy ending

□plot makes sense and flows well 

□romcom

□proper promotion and appropriate managing by company

• Like 3